test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Changes to Skill Nodes

Comments

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    of all the knee-jerk reactions, you had to take the hardest and most unnecessary. a typically cryptic tactic.

not surprised in the slightest!
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Okay everyone, yell "BIND TO ACCOUNT" into the wind. Maybe that will help.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User

Based on community feedback - believe me, there has been a lot - we're making changes to skill nodes to combat botting. I know these changes may cause some players to be upset, but as we continue to improve the quality of life in Neverwinter, changes like these need to be done.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9923543-neverwinter:-upcoming-changes-to-skill-nodes

This is awesome news. Finally! I look forward to them increasing the cost of GMOPS, SMOPS wards and everything. I expect them to double everything since AD is far too abundant in the game. I must clearing at least 100M a day in AD and need more ways to keep it from rising so fast. Who needs new content when all that was needed were more AD sinks.
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    zebular said:

Based on community feedback - believe me, there has been a lot - we're making changes to skill nodes to combat botting. I know these changes may cause some players to be upset, but as we continue to improve the quality of life in Neverwinter, changes like these need to be done.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9923543-neverwinter:-upcoming-changes-to-skill-nodes

Sounds good. My only quam is that these and more things need to be Bound to Account when acquired. Actually, I strongly feel that almost everything in game that is BoP should be BtA on pickup. All Bound refinement items need to be changed to BtA and these insignias should be as well. Of course, there's exceptions... yet things like this and most all equipment in game should be BtA until equipped. This change would be the perfect time to usher in an overhaul of the Bind mechanic to make it more player friendly and in-line with what the Community has been asking for, for quite some time now.
    Dissagree. Everything should just be BtA and no need to bind anything (including mounts) after equipped. They keep messing with classes changing them in fundamental ways. Even if you could argue it's not a nerf, they are changing them enough that it is reasonable to believe folks that played the class for a long time will no longer find that class fun. Thus they shouldn't lose all their hard work when migrating to a new class.
  • coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    BTA is the only solution for players that play for themselves and their alts, with some exceptions. Leadership RP is so slow to generate as is with some of the lower (4 hour) RP generation boxes only give a chance of RP. Mostly they are just Skill Kits, Potions and Profession items which are not worth much anyways.

The higher level Leadership rewards can take anywhere from 8 to 16 hours to complete and then the reward is 3 pieces, total of 9 RP items every 8 hours or so unless you have all blue and purple leadership hero's. With Purple Hero's the time would be cut to 4 to 8 hours. And even at 4 hours 9 RP items is nothing. So a total of 9 pieces from a single set of the different types of RP you can get every 4 to 8 hours per ALT is not that much of a reward...especially when you were able to gather 100's of RP just from Skill nodes in a very short time compared to Leadership if you wished.

Bind to Account (BtA) is the only real answer on all RP...why keep hurting legit players when there is a true way to stop the bots from selling RP...that is if this change is really being done due to bots and not a redirection to the Zen Store.

Sorry in advance for my bad grammar.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    craolus said:

To make a rank 100 artifact requires 3.8m rp or 3756 rank 5 enchants. A Mythic Artifact requires 10.5m rp or 10,225 r5 enchants. Just where are people supposed to get them?

Blood Rubies of course! At $8 a pop that would just take $608 for Orange (3,800,000 / 50,000 * 800 Zen)
    and $1,680 for Mythic.
    Of course if you buy Blood Ruby 3 packs it will cost less and with a discount coupon even less (under $500 for Orange, under $1000 for Mythic) and half of that if you wait for Double RP.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    zebular said:

Sounds good. My only quam is that these and more things need to be Bound to Account when acquired. Actually, I strongly feel that almost everything in game that is BoP should be BtA on pickup. All Bound refinement items need to be changed to BtA and these insignias should be as well. Of course, there's exceptions... yet things like this and most all equipment in game should be BtA until equipped. This change would be the perfect time to usher in an overhaul of the Bind mechanic to make it more player friendly and in-line with what the Community has been asking for, for quite some time now.
    been reading thru the posts and this from zeb sums everything up pretty good nothing more to add. TY have a nice day ;)
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I have multiple characters. All of the anti bot changes are making it impossible to play and enjoy more than one character. I paid real money for these slots. I doubt you will be able to sell any going forward with these changes. You are making this game a job, unless you're willing to shell out mounds of cash. I have a job that pays me, I don't need one that I have to pay to. I want a game that offers things I would like to buy. You had a product (VIP) that people wanted to buy but you took out CW & PW and by the comments in the forum killed VIP. We (I think I speak for a majority of player) are tired of the decisions that are negatively effecting the game and Cryptic. Bound to Account/Character/Pickup is viable to fixing the problems of botting. If these changes were to generate more revenue I believe that quite the opposite is going to occur. I (and I believe others) would love to be able to support the game, but we need items we want. PW back in the trade bar store bound to account. Additional armor & weapon looks in the Zen, AD, and trade bar store. Instead of trying to guess what you need to do to get people supporting the game ask us what we want.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

But that most certainly took you years. What about people just starting or if you want an alt? Seems to be pointless even to start now if RP is so hard to get with the amount you actually need. How to get to 2.5k IL if you can't get your artifacts to legendary?
    I wish they would just put it in a vendor somewhere, like 5 tradebars for a stack of rank 5 enchants, account bound. Or make blood rubies a lot cheaper. Something to help people get through the grind. The bots obviously provided a needed service, and even if I never liked that, I still bought the damn enchants.

I don't even have a full year in Neverwinter yet.

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

You are not getting them without help outside of grinding. These people who say they got legendary/mythic without buying from bots, they also not telling you something, like *cough* leadership bot army

I have 5 characters. None of them have Leadership maxed yet. 2 of them can get Thaum stones from Leadership. Only 1 of them can do the Guard Clerics of Ilmater.

So, yeah, not on the Leadership Army.

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Not sure if it sound good in some ways and bad in others. But when you said "skillnodes for professions" I thought about how much f*kcked professions are right now. And pls, don't come with Masterwork because that is BS, a super artificial solution. You should and/or try to revamp professions in some ways like they were on the old days. And not just 1 or 2 prof, all of them. I remember when I leveld up lethearworking, weaposmithing, Alchemy and Leadrrship, that worth something... it was good. Obviously, not like now, useless or you require stupid millions of AD to get Masterwork, etc. You need a whole new big idea.
    That's all I can say about nodes! It's a pitty that the game evolve unconfotablr because of bots and exploits instead of assets a lot of times. Good luck! =:)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    tousseau said:

Out of curiosity... did this go live yesterday?

I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.

Nope, not yet. The announcement said coming soon, not coming tomorrow (yesterday).

They do deserve credit for trying to do a better job of not blindsiding us with changes like this being announced the day before they push them out (or when the servers are already down).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

tousseau said:

Out of curiosity... did this go live yesterday?

I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.

Nope, not yet. The announcement said coming soon, not coming tomorrow (yesterday).

They do deserve credit for trying to do a better job of not blindsiding us with changes like this being announced the day before they push them out (or when the servers are already down).
    Not that it matters since some people were clearly informed before the announcement.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • skandranon68skandranon68 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I am one of those middle players. My GS is around 2.6 and it will be very very very difficult for me to go higher
    Coalescent stones have to be purchased, mainly with real cash, as the zen/ad exchange is going higher and higher
    Insignias are nice but I have a bag full of low level ones and none of the higher level, never seen one in all this time.
    The last nerfing of the Lostmauth set costs me a lot of stone and a lot of time, as I got the same color gear BUT not the same level
    Basically you are killing slowly the game. Most of the stronger players have already gone, some of the next-level are seriously thinking of going. we middle level players (who may play only a fixed amount of time, as we have to work) find ourselves in the position of not being strong enough of carry through some of the dungeons, of being unable to progress unless we pay cash (real money), of not enjoying the game again as being killed over and over and over is not fun.
    Please tell me: what is the point of continuing?
    I love the game. Please stop killing it.
    You are not damaging those who bot. you are damaging everyone else
    If your main goal is making money please make it a pay to play game with a monthly fee and stop modifying the few good things left in the game. Once your player base is gone the game will be just a memory.
    And sorry to say but if you put everything BtA (BtP should be banned, it serves no purpose) what are we supposed to sell in the market? Also note that there are few new players, most of the gear/items we find is good for the trash as there is no market for them
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I am one of those middle players. My GS is around 2.6 and it will be very very very difficult for me to go higher
    Coalescent stones have to be purchased, mainly with real cash, as the zen/ad exchange is going higher and higher
    Insignias are nice but I have a bag full of low level ones and none of the higher level, never seen one in all this time.
    The last nerfing of the Lostmauth set costs me a lot of stone and a lot of time, as I got the same color gear BUT not the same level
    Basically you are killing slowly the game. Most of the stronger players have already gone, some of the next-level are seriously thinking of going. we middle level players (who may play only a fixed amount of time, as we have to work) find ourselves in the position of not being strong enough of carry through some of the dungeons, of being unable to progress unless we pay cash (real money), of not enjoying the game again as being killed over and over and over is not fun.
    Please tell me: what is the point of continuing?
    I love the game. Please stop killing it.
    You are not damaging those who bot. you are damaging everyone else
    If your main goal is making money please make it a pay to play game with a monthly fee and stop modifying the few good things left in the game. Once your player base is gone the game will be just a memory.
    And sorry to say but if you put everything BtA (BtP should be banned, it serves no purpose) what are we supposed to sell in the market? Also note that there are few new players, most of the gear/items we find is good for the trash as there is no market for them

Well said. I really can't believe that all of these people that are PUSHING for BTA RP don't understand this basic concept. To wit, that If RP stuff is all BTA, then you can't trade it. You can't help your friends. You can't make AD with it. I doubt if it would be allowed in Stronghold, since it's only good for YOUR account, right? Thus It would serve NO USEFUL PURPOSE TO ANYONE EXCEPT YOU, and take up space in YOUR inventories as you wait for a 2X weekend to come along so you can use it.

Kinda like all of those refining stones I get from Invocation bags. Each one of my toons has to make room for those BTC things. But they're only useful during the special weekends, and I can't even transfer them around to max out ONE toon. Nope, got to use them on JUST that toon, can't improve any of the others. This is what that BTA BS would do... For Everyone.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Why not just totally remove all refine/ad from game and put it in the zen store and just make us pay for it? Be faster and easyer on those low learning curve employees you have.While your at it why allow us to aquire anything for free. No more mob drops ,just put everything in the store and make us buy it.Dam you could even make more money if you started charging us just to kill mobs. How about a buck per mob ,and charge much more for bosses. But that is where it is headed. after this nerf only those that botted will have and those of us that play fair will not.And this is just anoher way for them to help out themselves and their cronnies that did bot . Just like the AD farmers they allowed it to go on and on,till they had all they wanted then guess what no more ad from leadership . They let that go and waited till masses had purchased hero army then cut it out from under you making all that time/money worthless. This stuff does not just happen folks,they let it for a reason. MONEY
    Same with new classes make them the new powerhouse ,sit back wait for the masses to buy into it then nerf it to nothingness . There goes all the time effort and money .
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • lindseylewislindseylewis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I don't think you guys understand anything if you think this was an issue. Of all the nodes I've ever farmed, I think I've gotten at best Rank 3 or 4, which is WORTHLESS. I'm not against taking enchantments out of skill nodes, though. Rank 7 is so easy to get that the enchantments really just clutter up inventory. You won't be upgrading a Rank 7 with Ranks 1-3 after all! So forgive me if I think this whole thing is completely bogus because I doubt botting skill nodes had ANY effect on the game.

If anything 90% of drops from mobs AND skill nods are entirely worthless because you can only vendor them and there is almost nothing to spend gold on since you decided to base the ENTIRE ECONOMY ON PREMIUM CURRENCY.

Once again you guys just screw it up more. *facepalm* I doubt you could fix it with a manual instructing you how and gamers looking over your shoulders to make sure you get things right. I'm sure PWE benefits from this, and that's it.

Honestly, once I've seen all the content, I doubt I'll keep playing the game. Glad I'm going slowly.

If you guys at PWE and Cryptic want to learn how to make a proper game, I suggest you look at companies that always do so successfully, such as PARADOX INTERACTIVE (Crusader Kings and Europe Universalis) and CCP (Eve Online), AND MIMIC THAT. They make more money than you, so it would be good business, even if you'd lose about half the casuals in the playerbase. Casuals aren't worth much money anyway, so gear the games to GAMERS.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
    All enchantment/rune stones I get get used. Either in something or refining. They are not worthless. They have value for refining, even if it is only 10 points. That is still 10 points closer to the goal.
  • totjagertotjager Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am. YES botting is a problem. As much as the Ne\/erwinter Gateway is helpful for keeping up with things, I think it is the source of the majority of botting. YES i understand that the de\/elopers are endea\/oring to fix the economy, but this mo\/e as well as the last one to effecti\/ely eliminate AD from Leadership, makes Leadership worthless. I'\/e been building up my leadership for e\/er and its finally to the point to where i'm finally seeing some rewards for all the hard work and now LEADERSHIP WILL BE MADE E\/EN MORE USELESS. Please, you'\/e taken so much away from Leadership already, it is a shell and pro\/ides nothing useful other than the occasional AD and refinements. Keep refinements in leadership, otherwise:

Do e\/eryone a fa\/or; compensate the players for the time and le\/els they ha\/e in Leadership and then eliminate it so new players won't be duped into wasting time and effort into building it up.
  • docwizardsejuicedocwizardsejuice Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    WTF is this change even on XBox 1 for . my understanding is that its virtually unprofitable to try and set up a system for nothing on Xbox.. Without modding it. If younmod a Xbox Microsoft kicks. From Xbox live.. Sloop... As stated numerous times above this is be marketing for yu greed greedy peeps up at arc I guess? . Y want us to all buy blood Ruby's for 1200+ zen in your market... Lo . Sad day indeed once again I find a mmo I love and as popularity rises the game starts bring more main stream and shty ... Why couldn't yjust have all rp bound????? Nope stop, else I for see yr game empire crashing. There already is a poll with over 6,000 + Neverwinter users .. Letting us all kW tey are quitting in 2016 because of Arcs "nessisary" game changes... "For the good of all .

If you care ... Please give me 5 reasons why taking this away and giving players junk. Is better than making the items that drop BOUND TO ACCOUNT.????

I'm waiting...
    If yo choose not to answer these 5 questions all of us will assume , is change is for e better of your companies marketing department.... NOT for the good of all your customers...
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    totjager said:

I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am. YES botting is a problem. As much as the Ne\/erwinter Gateway is helpful for keeping up with things, I think it is the source of the majority of botting. YES i understand that the de\/elopers are endea\/oring to fix the economy, but this mo\/e as well as the last one to effecti\/ely eliminate AD from Leadership, makes Leadership worthless. I'\/e been building up my leadership for e\/er and its finally to the point to where i'm finally seeing some rewards for all the hard work and now LEADERSHIP WILL BE MADE E\/EN MORE USELESS. Please, you'\/e taken so much away from Leadership already, it is a shell and pro\/ides nothing useful other than the occasional AD and refinements. Keep refinements in leadership, otherwise:

Do e\/eryone a fa\/or; compensate the players for the time and le\/els they ha\/e in Leadership and then eliminate it so new players won't be duped into wasting time and effort into building it up.

They're removing enchantments from profession or skill nodes -- those things in the world that you have to use Nature or Religion kits, etc. to open up.

This has nothing to do with Leadership -- and leadership remains a very useful profession for RP.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

I don't think you guys understand anything if you think this was an issue. Of all the nodes I've ever farmed, I think I've gotten at best Rank 3 or 4, which is WORTHLESS. I'm not against taking enchantments out of skill nodes, though. Rank 7 is so easy to get that the enchantments really just clutter up inventory. You won't be upgrading a Rank 7 with Ranks 1-3 after all! So forgive me if I think this whole thing is completely bogus because I doubt botting skill nodes had ANY effect on the game.

If anything 90% of drops from mobs AND skill nods are entirely worthless because you can only vendor them and there is almost nothing to spend gold on since you decided to base the ENTIRE ECONOMY ON PREMIUM CURRENCY.

You are obviously not level 70. The highest zones have skill nodes that currently drop rank 4 or rank 5 enchantments, as well as peridots, profession resources and other useful items.

And you don't know anything about botting if you don't think enchantments were botted from skill nodes. Over the years various lairs that had a skill node near the entrance were botted -- there used to be hundreds of TRs going in and out of Arcane Reservoir. The devs moved the nodes from the entrance area, and the bots moved on to another lair. And you would see the same @handles with 40 stacks of rank 4 enchantments listed on the AH.

• kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Botting story is nonsense. I myself grab every node ive discovered and memorized, every time i run bye it. The chance of peridots or aquamarines are extremely low. I ussually get between 2x rp events maybe 1-2 aqua's and 20-30 peridots over countless nodes, 1000's. Yes rank 5's are common in some areas but the respawn time of a node is like 10 Mins. So explain how botting, which xbox cant do in the same fashion of the PC warrents a removal of this small amount of refinement. Furthermore, how are we to gauge weather more RP drops from " some critters" or not? Are we to take your word for it. Lollolol.
  • kittenmittenz#3523 kittenmittenz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    zebular said:

Yes I definitely agree. I think honestly that the only reason they have BTA and BOP and not just BtA is because it takes up SO much room in your inventory having three of the same item in different slots so people HAVE to buy bags if they don't want to waste hours of time moving items around in their inventory. Also it really sucks when you get an awesome item from an equipment pack or from tower of celadine or wherever else, that would look awesome on another character but it is randomly bop! So a really cool item just becomes trash. What was even the point of giving you that item then? I can understand if they don't want to mess with the economy by making everything sellable but they could just get rid of bop and make everything bta instead and at least everything wouldn't be trash and our inventories wouldn't look like a fing hoarder's wet dream. I am finding that although they know they cant just come out and say "were doing this to try and make you pay moar money" they just slip in the D along with some small positive changes and hope you don't feel them pumping right away.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2016

yay more pointless and terrible news for the xbox players who don't have a problem with bots. :( getting gems for strongholds is already a nightmare. this is just going to multiply that by a trillion fold.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    BTA would solve all boot problems
    but this will not raise the Zen Stores gain too much, so i don't expect it to be used here ...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited April 2016

yay more pointless and terrible news for the xbox players who don't have a problem with bots. :( getting gems for strongholds is already a nightmare. this is just going to multiply that by a trillion fold.
    If they do implement more enchantment drops by killing critters (as the compensation of removing enchantment of skill node), does that matter?
    I would believe there are more critters to be killed in the game than skill nodes to be opened.
    Not sure how feasible this is in xbox but in PC, one should not dump real gem to SH coffer anymore. One should make the gem crates through jewelcrafting instead.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***