test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

incase you guys haven't noticed since module 6->7 they only focused on economy.
    leadership, stronghold etc. just to remove the AD from the game, little by little they are takin everything, and people still support their decisions.
    how can you say "our policy doesn't allow us to have 2 items in both tradebar store and zen market" after 8 modules, after freakin 8 modules, like you guys did not see them or what? for 8 modules 8modules x3 months for 2 years. Isn't this way to convienient?

It is a sugar coated truth. Truth is, the Tarmalune Bars are being used by 3RD Party Sellers to undersell the Zen store.
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • lugiadlugiad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks for ruining something else...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Out of curiosity, when are you intending on removing the green stones of health and scrolls of life from the Zen store like you said you would?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Add preservation wards to VIP rewards. Like 5/day
    Increase rate of Coal Wards from Invoking rewards.
    Make these things account bound if you must.

We all knew this is coming if we were paying attention, but that doesn't mean there isn't going to be RAGE.

If I happened to not have access to the game tonight I would be FURIOUS.

Some tidbits just now from our guild channel (all different people):
    " yeah might be taking a hiatus here now too. terrible update after terrible update cash grab bs. already maxxed out stat wise, but who the hell will be left to do runs with at this rate"

".*Swear word* this stupid *swear word* game"

"its funny.. i knew it was coming, i just knew it , but im still sort of pissed off"

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User

.... this has absolutely NO effect on me.

+1 same,
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • gwalchavad1gwalchavad1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I WILL QUIT THE VIP... AND SURELY THE GAME THATS RIDICULOUS
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Add preservation wards to VIP rewards. Like 5/day

That's not a bad idea. Put them in the bag with the lockbox key.

Face it, a LOT of people bought into VIP because the tbars from the daily key meant a steady supply of wards even if you didn't score big.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    im from the x box side....cant say this was not written on the wall the past week from all the talk of balancing both x box and pc to be setup the same.
    , be thankful you have chance to buy up all you need before the change takes effect.

have fun in under dark everyone!!
  • prudon5prudon5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Devs are just being pathetic with that
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    oh boy about underdark.. lol

it was bad..

but .. we get to spend more money on mounts now! so be happy.
  • xspazzticxspazztic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I was so surprised and happy when I saw the coalescent wards in the store. I have VIP membership and I finally could afford to do a few upgrades I could never do because I couldn't afford the kind of money the Zen market required for the wards. Now, it goes right back to how it was before. No hope of advancing, just like it was before. I, as a customer and player, feel that this is a slap in the face and a solid way to make loyal players find a new place to spend their money. This is obviously a choice born in hatred for your customers. Maze Engine or not, this might just break you. I'm very sorry that you hate us so much as to implement a cruel restriction on us who love the game.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    In other news:

Cryptic announces that it's officially time for everyone to find another game to play.

This was the one true benefit of VIP that made me feel like it was okay to slowly grind my way up to better gear. It is literally the one and only reason I put money into this game at any point ever. That at least I could convert all my failboxes into something actually useful in a time span which isn't HAMSTER-up insane. There goes that, and with no announcement or plan for anything that could fill the void. Just some BS bribe to make the people this doesn't affect feel happy, and rub salt in the wound of those it does. What's the benefit of VIP now? Or even playing?

I might go back to playing games whose core game mechanics HAMSTER me off to no end than keep playing NeverGetsBetter Online.
  • agatagdragatagdr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    The only confusion that having coalescent wards both on zen and trade bar store was creating, was in your wallets.

Your greediness is only matched by the bravery of making such decisions on a game that is almost dead anyway.
    Eryca - Gutbusters Brigade
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    The VIP takes time. People who bought VIP for a long time are expecting to get cheap wards. This is like a contract. And you just break this contract. There is no excuse you could do that.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • flamehellflamehell Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    i feel that gold diggers must have used at elast 40 boxes of towels so far with this announcement.
    zens are already going up since gold diggers are already happy to sell you zens and ad to buy zens xD
    arc loses once again. DFO here i come
  • nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Really? Right after the news about dungeons being only leveling, not surprised but sad this game i reaching is final path to doomsday
  • ipodhinhoipodhinho Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I want whats left from my 180 days of VIP, since there is no point in being a vip anymore. Also there is no point in using your enchanted keys since the chance of finding somethink other than companion kit and profession stuff is near to impossible.
  • rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Bad news, negative feedback for the same reason af all above
  • meziermezier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is my first and only post I will make on arc games forum. Due to this removal of trade bars as well as the mod 6/7 implementation and focusing the game more as a pay2win, I quit. Game is now uninstalled. Good luck to you all.
  • ipodhinhoipodhinho Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    or is it a solution you found to fix the xbox players being really mad at you? "so why don't we remove wards from PC players so xbox players will feel better about us?"
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User

Hi All,

I know there were a lot of questions regarding the Tradebar Store line in our announcement for Underdark yesterday. We have some further clarification for you.

Coalescent Wards will not be leaving the stores and pricing will not increase. Prices are still being adjusted and we will have more information soon. Rest assured we’re listening to community feedback. In terms of other items, we’re evaluating pricing and looking to make it more worthwhile to engage with the store. Again more information will be released in the near future.

NW Team

Sweet, I know this is an old quote,and I'll get told off for using it, but I love how you guys evaluated things and made it sooo much more worthwhile to engage with the store, tell me what else have you added,(I don't think the removal of ANYTHING, except bugs, makes an asset more useful) or re-costed since the changes? Oh right bupkiss.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    they are in one of nine hell of circles, the fourth plane of "Greed". from Dante's Infernio.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    "negative effect on the economy". Translation: people weren't paying for them with real money. Except that they were, at 10 dollars a month. Extremely short-sighted. How many VIPs will be effectively cancelled over this? The only way you might (emphasis on might) get through this with a small fraction of player goodwill would be a DRASTIC reduction in the cost of these in the Zen store. $10 to upgrade ONE enchantment? After this, I can't see anyone paying that. Drop the price to $1. Seriously. They'll sell like crazy if you do. What would you rather have, 100 players spending $1 each, or 0 players spending $10? This move is a complete and utter fail.
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    i dont insult you more because my main is spanish and i dont know more words in english
  • baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    Could we get some more finer details as to how exactly this hurts the economy? For me, I felt as having the Coalescent Wards in the Trade bar store encouraged me to buy enchanted keys (or further extend my VIP service).

For now, I will speak with my wallet. Thanks for the update, Cryptic. However, I feel it is a very terrible decision.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    What this really hurts is..

A. new players (a ton)
    and
    B.. anyone who likes to play alts.

Sadly game will go on.. I do encourage everyone not to spend actual money on cwards.. That was my stand well before they put them in the actual tbar store.. I always thought it was a outrageous amount of money.

They never quite understood pricing.

I was finally ok with pricing.. blah on them.

How can they even think of doing this.. moves grinding for new players from 6-8 months or so back towards a year +.. what frauds.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Let me think. every bot has a vip ofcourse they have since is not hard to buy it for them. Today they will buy zen with ad to get lockboxes.They will get some good rewards ( axe beak etc)+ tarmalune tradebars. They will convert tarmalune to coalescents-preservations. AND then they will sell for real money in gold sites or very expensive to get ad to sell to gold sites.
    2nd category: players earned fortune of ad from astral resonators (perma rich) buy zen with their unlimited astral diamonds do the same control-break economy.
    3rd category: normal players farmed and do the same.
    4th category: players didnt sit to their pc because of job or anything in real life, missed patch notes: fair???????????????

What was the purpose ? Poeple to buy zen and then rich +bots buy the zen with ad?

A simple plan could be and would have the same result without harm anyone ( i mean money for you) MAKE COALESCENT,PRESERVATIONS, RUBIES BOUND ACOUNT INSTEAD REMOVE THEM.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Yay more money to spend on CSGO skins and ..... hmmm maybe a new mouse pad? Yah not paying a dime for the zen store. 10 dollars for a coal ward? are you freaking high? 30-40 dollars for a mount? man you guys hit the nail on the head with micro transactions, where do you live? If you reduced all Zen prices by 90% I bet you would actually make more money than you have made in the last year off the dying player base you have left.
  • pseudonickpseudonick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I am fifteen days into my first six month VIP. I opted to be patient and acquire coal wards over time. You just nonchalantly changed the value of something two weeks after I purchased it...

That will be the last purchase I make from PWE.
  • bulix91bulix91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Great so now making enchantments by yourself will be much more worse and expensive :)
This discussion has been closed.