test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

What the hell is a Pvp anyway?

The most realistic campfire observation minigame in PC history.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

It is a sugar coated truth. Truth is, the Tarmalune Bars are being used by 3RD Party Sellers to undersell the Zen store.

If they took them out of the Zen store it wouldn't be a problem, would it?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Eh. Well I wasn't a huge spender but now I don't even have a reason to renew my VIP. Thanks for the beer money I guess?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

Of course !! they need to do something about it!!
    and it is good so,

OMG guys be realistic and serious!!

" a 100% Chance just for 75 Bars" This just ridiculous cheap... make no sense. "be realistic"
    its why the auctionhouse was Overflowed with this items.
    the value of wards was basically zero.

what kind of game give you a 100% chance just for free,
    there's no one beside single or private servers.

Stop your flame/crying for nothing.. or keep hating if u want but nothing will change.
    There's tons of player that never used tradebars and they are fine with that.

Actually, when I got here in mod 2, zen was around 300 AD and coalescent wards were about 250k. So, zen being around 380 and wards being around 120k wasn't too far off the mark, considering AD was a lot easier to get in mod 2. I'm one of the lucky ones - I was already working on upgrading my r11s to r12s and I had enough trade bars to but coalescent wards for the remaining enchantments (I HATE the RNG especially at a 3% chance, already have the mount I want, I'm happy with my build and so would rather spend the wards on r12s than save AD I won't have much of a use for in a couple months). But like almost every change since mod 6 (and quite a few before) this is just a kick in the teeth to newer players. The cost reductions that came long after removing AD from leadership and the trade bar rework are the ONLY two good decisions I've seen this team make in the last year as far as I can recall. Now they've taken most of the value out of one of those.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    It is an insult to our intelligence to suggest that this has anything to do with the in game economy. This is about the fact that there was a 2x RP weekend with 15% off Refinement items in the C-Store, and my guess is that few if anyone spent anything on RP items from the C-Store. I can't say I'm surprised considering that even with the 15% off a single Coal Ward is $8.50. I'm not sure who's got 8.5 to 10 dollars to drop on a coal ward, but it isn't me and it isn't my wife. We are both Rank 12 VIPs, but I don't think we'll be buying any more zen any time soon. I don't know what's worse; NCSoft just shutting CoH (and other games) down or PWI slowly driving away the player base until the game is full of Bots and Gold Farmers with no one to sell to.

Someone needs to sit you people down (or the execs at PWI or whomever is the problem here) and explain the concept of MICRO Transactions.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

It is an insult to our intelligence to suggest that this has anything to do with the in game economy. This is about the fact that there was a 2x RP weekend with 15% off Refinement items in the C-Store, and my guess is that few if anyone spent anything on RP items from the C-Store. I can't say I'm surprised considering that even with the 15% off a single Coal Ward is $8.50. I'm not sure who's got 8.5 to 10 dollars to drop on a coal ward, but it isn't me and it isn't my wife. We are both Rank 12 VIPs, but I don't think we'll be buying any more zen any time soon. I don't know what's worse; NCSoft just shutting CoH (and other games) down or PWI slowly driving away the player base until the game is full of Bots and Gold Farmers with no one to sell to.

Someone needs to sit you people down (or the execs at PWI or whomever is the problem here) and explain the concept of MICRO Transactions.

"We understand micro transactions perfectly, you ignorant pleb! It's where we charge you ludicrous amounts of cash in order for you to advance your digital character by a MICROscopic amount!"

I'd say the above was hyperbole used for the purposes of satire. But at this point, I don't know if I honestly can.
  • bathsheababathsheaba Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Well it is one reason for me not to renew the VIP option.

Lockbox key are truly valuable to me only if I can get the bars for the C-wards and it was a cheaper way of getting them.
  • redsea1000redsea1000 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Dude, I saw this happen with COH/COV, a game much better than this that was still making money and they shut it down, you guys better watch how much you invest in this game anymore.
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    I don't need them and I don't care much from where we should buy them, except for some stacks of preservation wards. More or less I always have some coals because of invocation, and due to the fact that my enchants are transcendent, my coals just mean extra AD. My concern, however, is if this will impact badly in AH prices for the rest of the people. Because I see rookies and I have friends that really need them to progress. And if this change screw things and means a way back to how overpriced these things were, this will affect me by affecting the people around me... and that means a negative impact for all!!

Anyway, it's getting useless to write feedback on the forums. More than feedback, it becoming more and more a wall of regrets. And my biggest regret is seeing this game and think about what could have been... such a potential wasted!
  • joenettlesjoenettles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Not that you guys care, but a reasonable change would be just making them bound. Or even putting coal-wards back to 200 bars and being bound wouldn't be as bad. We might get upset and complain some, but it would not be a complete outrage. This is just a smack in the face for all of us with VIP. It was an affordable way to advance in the game, even though it is very slow. I'm not going to rage quit the game, but I doubt I'll renew my VIP.

And BTW the past 2 lockboxes have destroyed the economy, not the trade bar store. Anything less than legendary is garbage now, because the market is completely overloaded.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Not that you guys care, but a reasonable change would be just making them bound. Or even putting coal-wards back to 200 bars and being bound wouldn't be as bad. We might get upset and complain some, but it would not be a complete outrage. This is just a smack in the face for all of us with VIP. It was an affordable way to advance in the game, even though it is very slow. I'm not going to rage quit the game, but I doubt I'll renew my VIP.

And BTW the past 2 lockboxes have destroyed the economy, not the trade bar store. Anything less than legendary is garbage now, because the market is completely overloaded.

Easy fix: introduce mythic upgrades for a steep price.
  • lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    As an Xbox player you have my condolences. We never even got to have them at the cheaper rate at all.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User

The fact that your suggestion would fix everything is proof that it's a cash grab by greedy capitalist pigs. Dammit I wish PWI had never touched Cryptic.
    People that say 'cash grab' should never be allowed to play a game with the F2P model. F2P means free to play but we still have to pay our people, overhead and yes, show a profit or we will have to shut down. I wonder if they would rage at McDonalds if they found out they were selling their food for more than it cost them to produce?

I cant say I agree with this change but is just a game I play. If it is too much I will move on, no hissy fit or 'You are going to miss me when me and all of my friends leave!' post either.
  • dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Former VIP, lvl 6, sounding off here. I was going to re-up VIP after Easter, but between this constant clusterforking with the economy and the slow-motion death penalty for Foundry, I just don't see it happening. Trade bar items are still things that brought in real $$ at some point, regardless of if they get used by the original purchaser or leveraged into AD.

I'm a casual player, and the RNG hates me, so the trade bar store was the only place I could reliably get wards from when I needed them.

Guess my cigar budget will get the boost instead.

Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

It's fairly obvious that VIP was a contributing factor here, the timing is too coincidental. It looks to me that they sold both Pc and Xbox on the idea of VIP with lots of promises they knew they would never deliver on. So, now that they have hit the entire player base for the game, lets see how long it lasts.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    Well given that they're still "evaluating" the AD nerf, and have yet to do anything about boons (75k I think just for DR), and now this? I'll spend all my time running the stupid dungeons 2x/day plus weeklies just to buy GMOPs and now Coal wards for anything, let alone boons. Time to play another game.
  • nickdylannickdylan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    This is a terrible decision that further divides people who spend $100+ a month from people who don't. Dividing the player base like this (even if there is only a handful of PvE instances to run) is never a good thing.

Do you have a link to this quote?

Very nice quote and so relevant if true.

Good luck with that, as they showed us on the xbox side, their word means nothing.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    atlmykl said:

The fact that your suggestion would fix everything is proof that it's a cash grab by greedy capitalist pigs. Dammit I wish PWI had never touched Cryptic.
    People that say 'cash grab' should never be allowed to play a game with the F2P model. F2P means free to play but we still have to pay our people, overhead and yes, show a profit or we will have to shut down. I wonder if they would rage at McDonalds if they found out they were selling their food for more than it cost them to produce?

I cant say I agree with this change but is just a game I play. If it is too much I will move on, no hissy fit or 'You are going to miss me when me and all of my friends leave!' post either.

The problem being that they have to monetize their game based on a small portion of their playerbase who is invested in the game because of the player population created by the fact the game is "free". So "cash grabs" like this generally have more of a negative impact and are only done in desperation. That's why you see a lot of people raging over changes like this; if Cryptic/PWE had any idea as to how to get people to play their game they wouldn't have to take measures like this. This isn't about them having to pay overhead and employees; it's about them having absolutely no idea how to properly monetize a game.

I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited February 2016

It will be a cold day in hell when Cryptic listens to player feedback.

There is a reason for that. Probably less than 30% of the entire customer base notices these announcements. So the other 70% goes along and plays.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    well I guess its back to not bothering to refine anything since getting Cwards from coffers is damn near impossible and now they're removing them from the trade bar store too. Sorry but 1000zen for 1 Cward is too damn expensive. It is one of the most insanely priced items in the zen store.

I agree with the others that say just make the wards BoA. That simple change will stop any of the supposed negative effects to the economy while still providing the players with a realistic means of obtaining wards thus allowing us to continue to upgrade our artifact items that we are forced to use.

This just another slap in the face that seems to be the mod 9 plan. First we get told that our beloved dungeons are returning only to later find out the only CN will be an end game dungeon and the rest will be simply pointless leveling dungeons. And even the return of CN was a slap in the face since its now just a chain of HEs instead of its original glory.

And now they slap us in the face again by removing the wards from the Tbar store. Yes, I like so many others, view buying wards for the trade bar store as the most beneficial aspect of having VIP status. The enchanted keys are nice but since after 100+ keys I've gotten nothing worthwhile from the lockboxes, the trade bars have become the thing I look forward to the most.

This is starting to feel like mod 6 all over again....
  • sinister0mensinister0men Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    sweet, this just freed up some beer money. i no longer want or need VIP or enchanted keys. you have successfully tanked the economy yet again, smooth move it should be sponsored by xlax

Nice bait and switch guys. Any way to get a refund on my now next to useless vip? Just to add my 2 cents here, I'm done spending real money with your company too.

BUT BUT you are being unfair you can use your VIP to get a Key and those keys to get trade bars and those bars to buy CLOTHES! You can play Neverwinter Dress UP! You know thats what we all came here for.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Nice bait and switch guys. Any way to get a refund on my now next to useless vip? Just to add my 2 cents here, I'm done spending real money with your company too.

BUT BUT you are being unfair you can use your VIP to get a Key and those keys to get trade bars and those bars to buy CLOTHES! You can play Neverwinter Dress UP! You know thats what we all came here for.

Clothes that take up inventory space, so you can buy MORE BAGS.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2016

On Friday, February 19, Coalescent Wards, Preservation Wards and Blood Rubies will be removed from the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store after maintenance.

Please keep discussions respectful and on-topic; we all love this game and want it to thrive.<</b>

va8Ru.gif
  • daddydethdaddydeth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Been with you since the beginning .. beta... the moving wards to trade bar... then lowering price .allowed some of us to catch up with those who may have reached high levels from "wise investment " ...
    this move to eliminate them from trade bar store has already tripled the price of many things in ah and they will never return to their current level with the cost of coal back at its high.... and heading back to 500k

the lower cost of refinement allowed us to try multiple toons without HAMSTER them to death each time you tried another character
    I am a vip and was going to renew .. as trade bars were my source of refining ... with the elimination of this source the grind will take months for me to save/ earn the Ad needed
    now it does not matter to you ... but it does to me ... it has been a ride .. the roller coaster is breaking and I am thinking it is time to bail ... I will check back for my daily keys .. over my remaining 4 months ...might get lucky ....

thanks for the years of play

PS this goes for my other accounts too

• canescioltocanesciolto Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    1000zen for a cward? no, thanks... bye bye nw...
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Had not bought VIP yet, guess I won't now. The keys were the attractive part, they just torpedoed that.
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1205498/regarding-tarmalune-tradebar-rewor

Yup... we have been lied to again.

Hi All,

I know there were a lot of questions regarding the Tradebar Store line in our announcement for Underdark yesterday. We have some further clarification for you.

Coalescent Wards will not be leaving the stores and pricing will not increase. Prices are still being adjusted and we will have more information soon. Rest assured we’re listening to community feedback. In terms of other items, we’re evaluating pricing and looking to make it more worthwhile to engage with the store. Again more information will be released in the near future.

NW Team

The creators of this game cannot be trusted at all. Nor do they know how to generate revenue... retain customers... or garner anything but the reputation for being unethical.

None of what we say here matters though... they will do what they want with OUR money. So... everyone just needs to stop giving it to them.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
This discussion has been closed.