test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• gambit626#5605 gambit626 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    You can hide all you want to by claiming that Wards on the Trade bar store "hurt the economy", but as someone who got their degree in Economics I know that you are not telling us the true reason. I don't know what the real reason for removal of the Wards is, but I feel sorry for you as some higher power destroys your game.
  • coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    So I guess you will be taking the FREE TO PLAY tag off the advertising? Or I guess it still is free to PLAY... but to succeed you will now need 1000's or dollars. Sad....

I have sup[ported and stood up for a lot of your strange and seemly strange decisions in the past but this time I am afraid you are indefensible. I understand that the economy is affected by the Coal wards being in the Trade Bar Store but please be more honest here. It is not the IN GAME Economy that it effects, it is your REAL MONEY economy.

The ones you are hurting the most here are your true PAYING CUSTOMERS. The ones that buy keys and open lockboxes are now going to have to spend double the $$ to continue opening lockboxes AND getting the wards needed to upgrade their enchants. And the Trade Bars become a useless commodity in the lockboxes. Unless you consider a GREEN companion a plus over anything.

I have been saving up AD to buy Zen in the Zen Exchange for when my VIP runs out, But now I will not be even doing that it looks like. I guess you will next be removing the Zen Exchange because too many people are using it to get Zen and you are not getting enough REAL MONEY for Zen. I see this coming by your actions and then you will need to remove the Free To Play tag all together because there will be no more play, unless you pay.

I am not going to Chicken Little about the Sky Falling or I"I won't be playing anymore" or any other hollow , meaningless threat like that. If you are going to quit over this, The just go away. If you are still going to grind out as best you can, I will see you in the game, for now. Will come a time when my frustrations at not being able to progress anymore will get me to make a decision to leave, but for now... all I can say is I am sincerely disappointed but at least you gave the user on the PC side a 12 hour warning, which is more than you did for the XBox players.
  • skar3174skar3174 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    So........coal wards have just gone up to 0ver 200K+ on the AH and Blood Rubies to 90k+ within hours of this notification. You must be seriously brain damaged if you thought this decision was going to bring the economy in line??!!! Beyond your band aid present, you have just completely screwed anyone who is reasonably new to the game....sigh, as i type this the cheapest coal ward on AH is 234k! roflmao...the incompetence and greed is soooo strong with this company it's bloody sad. Here comes another DDos weekend :(
  • soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    zukn75 said:

Hi All,

I know there were a lot of questions regarding the Tradebar Store line in our announcement for Underdark yesterday. We have some further clarification for you.

Coalescent Wards will not be leaving the stores and pricing will not increase. Prices are still being adjusted and we will have more information soon. Rest assured we’re listening to community feedback. In terms of other items, we’re evaluating pricing and looking to make it more worthwhile to engage with the store. Again more information will be released in the near future.

NW Team

Sweet, I know this is an old quote,and I'll get told off for using it, but I love how you guys evaluated things and made it sooo much more worthwhile to engage with the store, tell me what else have you added,(I don't think the removal of ANYTHING, except bugs, makes an asset more useful) or re-costed since the changes? Oh right bupkiss.
    Do you have a link to this quote?

Very nice quote and so relevant if true.
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    yep, dying player base, so they raise the cost, just like a movie from Dune, Baron Harkkonan said, "Squeeze, squeeze and squeeze all the spices" as said to his elder nephew Rabban.
    wow, is there anyone left to play mod 9 in spring?

either they are lying or T bar really exploiting by bots/sellers?
    players want the Truth.
    devs will never defeat the collective minds of players who got detective skills that made batman a novice slueth.

adding 8th circle of hell, "Fraud", meaning to mislead by lies and to trick others by scams, nearly the worst circle next to final circle, the traitors, from novel of Dante's Infernio.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    "As always, your feedback is welcome and invaluable. We are committed to continuing to work with you to ensure the game we play and love continues to thrive."

Falser words have rarely been spoken. Have you contemplated a career in politics? You'd fit right in.
  • butterflyofhopebutterflyofhope Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Great job, I sincerely applaud you for this blow.
  • bloodygeorgebloodygeorge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm not spending money on this game ever again. Taking something away from players is the biggest mistake a company can do.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Get all your jabs in now, it is almost Friday which means no one is coming into the office as they take Thursday from like 1pm off until monday evening and then say they are pinched for time.
  • darthbbqdarthbbq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    Here's a thought... If the Wards are causing economic issues with botters, make them BoA. Problem solved.
    Guild Leader- Fair Dinkum 2.0

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Players "stacking wards now to make profit or abuse the coming changes,
    easy fix on that make all wards from tradebar to BoC/BoA and only the ZenStore wards should be Sellable.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Having missed the 2xRP weekend for personal reasons I was about to spend another $100 to buy mounts, keys and AD... you can kiss that good bye. I will probably save it for a new game. BTW... in that past few months I have spent over $2000 in the purchasing of Zen. Now... there will be $0 spent. That is also the consensus from the other members of CA.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • zer00kzer00k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    You know, what bothers me about this is that we all know that this isn't about the in-game economy. The fact that you can think you can just throw that around and expect us to eat this hogwash well... Well no, that's beyond disrespectful at this point. Anyway, I think I can be thankful that I am a new comer to this game and have not dumped a small fortune on this, before I make my exit.
    I would say good luck, but you might actually need it.
  • criticals#1230 criticals Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    @strumslinger so was this "parity" speech another lie? So distateful because you said and I quote, " Xbox and PC have some parity between each other" and now shaft PC players?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

Players "stacking wards now to make profit or abuse the coming changes,
    easy fix on that make all wards from tradebar to BoC/BoA and only the ZenStore wards should be Sellable.

even if they do that the player will make an enchant and will sell it or make and the enchant boa?
  • maniaco777maniaco777 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Good evening, it may be "raining on wet" but I believe that these changes do not have anything positive, and no appeal to the game; no one in good conscience use their bars to buy more and more dyes, or fill wardrobes with endless amounts of clothes, the ONLY thing that motivated the players to have bars were the Wards.
    Buy artifacts, mounts and companions in the bar market has never been a motivation for the wide range of players, this is something only the most eccentric, and these eccentric players do not move the NWO market.

Mod9 is approaching, and with it MANY disappointments, players always asked about CN, PK, SP, DV, Karrundax and now you decide to return these dungeons that we loved each other totally misreported, distorted, something that hardly looks like what we knew each other and expect us to be excited?

The players are tired of his constant failures:
    New PvP (FAIL)
    New in PvE (FAIL)
    Problem solving (FAIL)
    Double chance to drop the Legendary Ring 0.001% to 0.002% (FAIL)
    Spending Ring +4 for two slots and reduce their chance to drop by at least 50% (FAIL)
    Spoil the game constantly (CHECK)
    Players abandoning the game constantly (CHECK)

It may be that sometimes the players are asking a lot, it may be that there are players who do not know what they are talking about, but right now, I think you should pay more attention to what the players say, because half a dozen players putting ZEN every month not keep a running server, but 1 million players putting ZEN once in a while that's what keeps a running server, and believe me, you are making strides in the direction of a half a dozen of players and their "constant improvements".

Every time you "improve" something in the game most players leave the game due to their "improvements", I think it's time for you to begin to listen to the players.

I believe that I can not compare a humble company like Cryptic with Blizzard, but this is something easy to do so is an example that you should follow:
    Blizzard has opened up a space in your forum to listen to the players, if you wanted to speak about something you would like to be done in the game, you would have to point out a problem and suggest an improvement with logical basis and that would benefit everyone otherwise your "idea" would be deleted from the forum. IS TO TIP.
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I won't make big predictions on the end of the world because every change has enough of that sentiment to go around. This particular change however will cut my purchases of VIP in the future. Now that I have several characters to 70 and all that is left is grind, the slow down in travel from that will mean my own time here is going to go down.

One of the main benefits of VIP is the daily key. RNG makes that benefit slightly entertaining, but in no way an investment. The only things 'worth' buying in any reasonable timeframe are the for now cheaper coalescents to make things, and yes even sell a few. The only source for those tarmalunes is keys which is zen.

This now puts up a zen paywall to any real improvement of your characters, and the main way any normal character had any hope of making the AD needed to purchase high end goods.

The change to cheaper Coalescents was good in every sense from the effect on normal players point of view. Your mistake as you see it should be described more if you want that to be an accepted change by those who use the system.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    darthbbq said:

Here's a thought... If the Wards are causing economic issues with botters, make them BoA. Problem solved.

Because they can then sell the enchants. But really, that's not that much of an issue. The main thing that others have pointed out is that this mucks over the VIP guys. I.E. the ones paying a subscription like fee monthly for additional perks. The cash cows. Guess who's going to now be once burned, twice shy?
  • zer00kzer00k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

Not to mention you can't even keep a POS 14 year old kid from hitting you with a DDOS. Can you do anything right? Never mind releasing M9... or bother fixing the bugs... because the game WILL BE DEAD shortly after.​​

Cost-benefit analysis ---> How much would it cost us to implement a solution vs how much it would cost us in lost revenue. It would seem they believe/feel that it is better to let him DDOS.
  • bloodr41nbloodr41n Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Just letting you know that I WON'T be renewing my VIP next week, thanks to this update. Great work!
  • darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    So the refinement grind, which is the worst mechanic in the game just turned in to a deal breaker. I may watch from the outside and see what they do after this, but I'm not paying cash for wards.

Are wards going to be added as drops? They have to be available somewhere in game for game currency.

PAY to WIN.
  • nipsmeowingtonnipsmeowington Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2016

we all love this game and want it to thrive.

Not the PWE business department, not with decisions like that. Since Mod 6 the only people that wanted this game to succeed were the players, the devs, and community managers.

I'm another $1000+ player, who will no longer pay. I'll just continue playing for free until a half-baked bot detection algorithm bans me, followed by a dismissive FU customer service email. Strum I hope you upgrade to a better company after PWE business dep't runs this game into the ground. PWE doesn't deserve you or most of us.

Funny anyone thought that might actually work ;-)
    Post edited by nipsmeowington on
  • tivvumtivvum Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    It was hard enough to progress all the artifacts and enhants. One of the primary reasons I bought more VIP was to get Coals. With the removal from the trade store, I don't see any way I can get the coals I need as a casual player.
    It was slow enough before...... this will make it unbearable.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Soo anyway..

@strumslinger ... do we get patch notes for tomorrow?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • mickmalcommickmalcom Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Nice bait and switch guys. Any way to get a refund on my now next to useless vip? Just to add my 2 cents here, I'm done spending real money with your company too.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    "Keep it respectful." Funny you should feel the need to say that. Time to look at other games. (I have bought a lot of lockbox keys lately. That stops.)
  • pmswithagunpmswithagun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    The high price of coal wards and them NOT dropping during invocation despite having 11 characters that I invoke EVERYDAY is what caused me to leave this game for a year vowing never to return. Only after hearing the price dropped within normal range did I decide to give the game another try. Now you are taking us back to the same old HAMSTER. Since you are removing them from trade bar store, then you should make the drop rate higher during invocation. But that won't happen right? So this will most likely send me out looking for another game again. Sorry but you made a poor decision that I truly believe will backfire.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Why don't you stop sugar coating the truth and stop hiding behind the fact of the BOTTERS and 3RD PARTY AD Sellers are who controls the economy of the game.

If players think otherwise then they are absolutely oblivious to what goes on behind the scenes.

This is the simple fact of why nice things are taken away from honest, nice and legitimate players.

Why buy from the Zen store when 3RD Party Sellers can buy Zen items from Tarmalune Bar store and resell them at a lower cost to dishonest players?

Then, you give a slap on the wrist by banning accounts for 3 days when they break ToS and buy from the 3rd Party Sellers.

You are trying to kill the problem by the most little effort ever. You are getting the cart before the horse. You are trying to put out a forest fire with a spray can. You are trying to stop a Mac truck with a flyswatter.

You seem to be an advertisement for 3rd Party Sellers. Are these guys related to you? Cryptic is see-sawing the value of trade bars & VIP, no one else. Most of their so-called "anti-bot" efforts were cash grabs.
  • gusmichaelgusmichael Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    It will be a cold day in hell when Cryptic listens to player feedback. This is apparent when one looks at a forum post from anytime in the last six months. Something only aggrivated by having two people do live Q and A sessions that are so obviously clueless about the state of the game not answer any of the questions people actually care about. What the hell is a Pvp anyway?
This discussion has been closed.