test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leeroy Jenkins!!! The Legendary Hero that Neverwinter deserves! OP Class Guide

1234568»

Comments

• agbavna#1815 agbavna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Love your Scourge Warlock build, been playing that as my main for a while now.

Came across this one, and wanted to give it a go. But I, for the very life of me, can not figure out what your starting ability scores are :). Would you mind posting them and the history please?
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Does the negation enchantment reduce the damage output from binding oath?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    soonergm said:

The Negation enchantment gives higher def rates which leads to a lower dmg income and with that to a lower dmg output from Binding Oath.

As long as you don´t lack of recovery - you don´t need or even want the Negation armor enchantment...
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    neopreen said:

soonergm said:

The Negation enchantment gives higher def rates which leads to a lower dmg income and with that to a lower dmg output from Binding Oath.

As long as you don´t lack of recovery - you don´t need or even want the Negation armor enchantment...
    care to share what your reccomendations are for chants neopreen? Always interested in learning more, from other players.

*smoochie boochies*

~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Love your Scourge Warlock build, been playing that as my main for a while now.

Came across this one, and wanted to give it a go. But I, for the very life of me, can not figure out what your starting ability scores are :). Would you mind posting them and the history please?

Hey bud, I responded to you via PM about this right?

If not, I believe my start was:

12 Con
    16 Wisdom
    16 Cha, with the +2 from Human in Cha

You could easily go 16 in Con and 12 in Wis, but I wanted more Crit % though either way works! :)

care to share what your reccomendations are for chants neopreen? Always interested in learning more, from other players.

@omgitszeph I know I'm not neopreen, but I'd suggest Soulforged for those "Oh Sheeeeet" moments, or Briartwine for more reflect damage. :)

*smoochie boochies*

va8Ru.gif
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

I know I'm not neopreen, but I'd suggest Soulforged for those "Oh Sheeeeet" moments, or Briartwine for more reflect damage. :)

Maybe Elven for 30% stamina gain and also for 80% CC resistance while your shift mechanic is not up (or whatever else you use for CC immunity)?
    edited January 2016
    Thank you dahlings, I started with Elven and Feytouched, free drops for the win. Now rollin Fey and Negation, but have pondered the same question as our friend soonergm above. Now I will dust off the Briartwine and see how she rolls, as my recovery is up to par. Sometimes I get a bit overly enthusiastic in my pulls and so the ohhhh sheeeet soulforge may also be a nice addition. CHEERS and thanks again for the knowledge shares.

*huggs*
    Post edited by omgitszeph on
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    @kolatmaster you recommend negation earlier in this thread? Lol :wink:

I love the idea of briartwine but the cost per benefit seems terrible. There are companions that give a better percentage of damage reflection for much less AD. Unless those companions don't work with binding oath? Still may be best for extra dps.

Has anyone tried a high level thunder head?

Another question, does circle of power boost damage from binding oath as well?

Thanks for the advice/opinions/knowledge :smiley:
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Hi there,

@omgitszeph I know I'm not neopreen, but I'd suggest Soulforged for those "Oh Sheeeeet" moments, or Briartwine for more reflect damage. :)
    soonergm said:

I love the idea of briartwine but the cost per benefit seems terrible. There are companions that give a better percentage of damage reflection for much less AD. Unless those companions don't work with binding oath? Still may be best for extra dps.

Well... all and everything depends on YOUR playstyle.

Soulforged: ...is a simple "give it another try" enchantment - nothing else, no other benefits. Wonder why Paladins think of using this enchant?! It´s only useful in case of playing the "binding oath bomb style". But this playstyle is all but team orientated or effective for dungeon runs.

Elvenbattle: ...is a "don´t bother me with stuns" enchantment. I only use it on my DD class(es) in PvP. But with the new overload enchants from Strongholds it´s not that useful anymore. The only PvE content I can think of using this enchant are the Underdark battles (untested and not interested in testing Elvenbattle vs. madness).

Briartwine: ...is a pure damage enchantment. Want a little higher damage output, give Briartwine a try.

Frostburn: ...is a dmg and debuff enchantment. Wanna deal some extra dmg and debuff the foes, give Frostburn a try.

Fireburst: ...is a pure dmg enchant. Wanna deal more dmg than with Briartwine (up to ~6 times more) or Frostburn AND want a pretty hot look, then... you will love the Fireburst armor enchantment! ;)

PS: I haven´t tested Thunderhead and I´m not interested in cuz it´s crt hit based...
    Post edited by neopreen on
    edited January 2016
    Thanks again for the info fellow OP enthusiasts, I tend to try different chants, and what you brought up, in regard to observations on negation, and how I play myself personally, peaked my interest in this subject again. Soon as OP launched, I had to build one, and my main OP has been a blast to play. I, like many, have evolved over time. Beginning without any guidence, only an idea of what or how I wanted to play this class. I began on a more similar note to what the larval stage of Kolatmasters OP was in phase one Leeroy jenkins, but as time passed I also evolved again and really have enjoyed being more that just a bubble machine or whatever you choose to call it lol. Since I also run a tanky Bulwark and a sweet Devotion spec, I can play whatever lights my fire. I find the build here to be fun and effective, and to be my favorite go too character for whatever the game throws at me. Both ways work I am a witness. Im sure we all will evolve and change again, it never ends, that is what makes D&D cool, make it your own and Roll with it babee.

*Happy New Year, smoochie boochies to all*
    Post edited by omgitszeph on
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I have been playing the OP since day 2 (waited a day to see how things rolled). I have played all version of this class and have found that the Justice tank so far is definitely amazing to play. I have been toying with different enchants and have found that the Bloodtheft is not as bad as it has come on. The point of it is that you are going to get hit. You are a tank.

The return on it seems decent and keeps up with what actual HP I do lose before using Templar's Wrath. Been able to solo Heroics with ease since hitting EE.

I also use a Prefect Plague Fire Weapon Enchant. The concept is to jump in and get everyone's attention with Templars. From there, let them beat on you while you go to down on them with Smite and whatever At-Wills you want to use.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

Hiyah Mikey,fancy meetin' you here :) lol. Stoked about your new Pally chick, I know shes gonna be sweet. I enjoyed our convo earlier today in regard to chants n stuffs, this combo sounds like its working nicely for your playstyle. Can't wait to see her when she's done, and the dust clears. I'm all excited like she's one of mine :D Stalk ya Later. *wink*
  • lorddarthblorddarthb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm a newer lvl 70 pally( just started doing epic dungeons). I noticed on Leeroy Jenkins stats that he has +200 action point. Where does that stat come from?

I'm a newer lvl 70 pally( just started doing epic dungeons). I noticed on Leeroy Jenkins stats that he has +200 action point. Where does that stat come from?

Armor Reinforcement Gems/Kits that I attach to my armor... Hope that helps! :)
    va8Ru.gif
    Thanks for the reply. Is it worth putting that on my current armor or wait till I get the armor from my protectors seals. As I have a limited amount of AD to work with
    @lorddarthb I'd honestly wait, but it's up to you how long you want to do so... AP Armor Kits aren't necessarily cheap, particularly if your on a strict budget!
    va8Ru.gif
  • asph0leasph0le Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @kolatmaster how is the build in underdark? Does prism still lag? I play on xbox so we won't have it until Feb 9th. But all my guildmates are not a fan of prism lag so I wasn't sure if I need to spec out of it or not.
    asph0le said:

@kolatmaster how is the build in underdark? Does prism still lag? I play on xbox so we won't have it until Feb 9th. But all my guildmates are not a fan of prism lag so I wasn't sure if I need to spec out of it or not.

I went away from Prism and into Aura of Gifts, plus the dungeons don't really need it IMO.

va8Ru.gif
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    asph0le said:

Hope Kolat doesn't mind me jumping in to answer this as well:

With the advent of Underdark, Prism has been severly down-tuned. It no longer procs off of Heal-over-Time effects and has a five-target limit, meaning the amount of procs has drasticly reduced. Also, now that Burning Guidance has a 1 second ICD, the amount of hits - and possibly lag - that produces has been severely lowered as well. Prism is fine to use in fights like Demogorgon and in any dungeon. On Tiamat, I'm unsure. I haven't set foot in that 'raid' in ages.

However, with the Burning Guidance ICD, I wouldn't say Prism is really worth it for a Protector anymore. Not enough damage from Prism + Burning Guidance to warrant the spending of 5 paragon feats. For the Devotion/Justice types, like myself, it's still an excellent tool for healing, though.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    @jaegernl

Don't mind at all mi amigo!

va8Ru.gif
    Wondering what people's thoughts are on the new gear from underdark. Weapons and armor
  • poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    kolatmaster

I just came back and wondered if you had changed your build after the changes.

thanks!