test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    I got 2x Stacks of each (total of 6x, got to 39k Power) Level Perfect/11/12 Bonding Runestones in one HE in Strongholds with my Zhentarim Warlock.

Since then, it's been 1x Proc of each, haven't seen 2x since then. Not sure if it's specific powers, length of encounter, etc. So more testing is needed... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

After some experimentation... Different levels do work like that! :D

Still going with the Zhentarim Warlock as like the fact she can attack faster then the Blades, the range matters IMO.

Today was a good day, thank you all for sparking the additional research! :smiley:

NP, wish I had the stuff to test in the first place :p
  • Options

NP, wish I had the stuff to test in the first place :p

It's all good... Got it to replicate, somewhat, on Dummies.

Seems to be fairly rare to get more then 3x stacks, but I have gotta 6x before. Seems to happen more often after a Companion is newly summoned, but will happen of the course of normal combat also. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Well, all I can place new in this conversation is that I've been using Priestess of Sehanine for a couple of the weeks. It's not a striker and has only 2 skills but still mostly it's 2-3 stacks... but the buff she gives (+20% crit for whole party) is insane.

I'm running Azures 9 + Greater Bondings only, still getting up to 88% crit chance :D
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    fernuu said:

Well, all I can place new in this conversation is that I've been using Priestess of Sehanine for a couple of the weeks. It's not a striker and has only 2 skills but still mostly it's 2-3 stacks... but the buff she gives (+20% crit for whole party) is insane.

I'm running Azures 9 + Greater Bondings only, still getting up to 88% crit chance :D

Yea, I have her also... :)

I just found she dies a bit too much, and/or her AI is a bit wonky. Her team buff is superb though for those team members able to stay close enough to her!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Have you tested do dark revelry buff companion power?
    Post edited by taitinhakkaaja on
  • Options

Have tested do dark revelry buff companion power?

I don't believe it does, though does anyone have supporting/contrary evidence?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    i tested the jagegd blade and its 0-1-2-3 buffs you get, similar to the test with your zentharim wizard
    but all in all I assume that only is benefitial if you have perfect bondings and upwards, because you allways have to take in account that your compagnion dies in the red "sauce" sometimes
    since I do not have them i take ioune stone of allure and put 2 mighty bondings in the offensive and one +9,5% stats in the defensive slot
    the endresult is pretty ok and stable damage
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I have the Yeti, and the issue is his Defensive Slots as I'm in no need of the Defense stat, and I'd be giving up a lot of Power for that... Not a good trade for DPS, IMO! However, the little bugger holds aggro pretty darn well
    Yeti has 3 offense btw. Maybe I will test it someday. (It has defense and regen as default stat, thats a -) Also, I'd like to see how the rebel mercenary procs bonding, and her survivibility, because her attacks reduces the target's defense by 10%. Maybe if I will have some space to download the preview again.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    miltoswrlckmiltoswrlck Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hello guys. As i don't have much experience as you i would like to ask you some questions. For the Lostmauth Set(Artifact, Belt, Cloak)
    1) Is the Lostmauth Artifact so important? I mean is the Control Bonus useful to our class?
    2) Isn't the Golden Belt of Puissance a waste(as it rises STR and DEX). Would the Greater Belt of Black Ice be better?
  • Options

Hello guys. As i don't have much experience as you i would like to ask you some questions. For the Lostmauth Set(Artifact, Belt, Cloak)
    1) Is the Lostmauth Artifact so important? I mean is the Control Bonus useful to our class?
    2) Isn't the Golden Belt of Puissance a waste(as it rises STR and DEX). Would the Greater Belt of Black Ice be better?

My impression in PVE is the following: I feel a benefit in spark generation, but maybe I am wrong, damage wise its not that good, not the same numbers as GWF Hunter , TR can get (>30% of damage)
    but lots of ppl use the setbonus also for warlock, using ACT the overall damage from lolset was something like...5% as I remember but I can´t tell you how much damage from lolset is "hidden" by using TT a lot
    I think TT counts in a hole and does not tell you separately how much damage was dealt by lolset

Atm I have 8440k arp, due to the axbeak (+4k arp) i found in a lockbox, and the lolset rises my arp in not needed ammounts, so its wasted stats and the charisma belt would probably do a better job in my case to get more crit, sadly I refined him in my Golden Belt of Puissance :(
    so I have to refine another one , get a new necklace and change two artifacts...allways busy

Doing PVP the lolset is a "must have" , its a very big difference playing with or without it
    Under special circumstances you are something like a "Secret weapon" against immortal OP´s , if the OP has no clue how to deal with a crit from lolset that interferes with his aura
    Imo there is also a weapon enchant on top that triggers or enhances the effect making him and not you die
    But PVP is HAMSTER and broken and I would not focus on it too much, its like searching for the one bug or broken mechanic to abuse it
  • Options

i tested the jagegd blade and its 0-1-2-3 buffs you get, similar to the test with your zentharim wizard
    but all in all I assume that only is benefitial if you have perfect bondings and upwards, because you allways have to take in account that your compagnion dies in the red "sauce" sometimes
    since I do not have them i take ioune stone of allure and put 2 mighty bondings in the offensive and one +9,5% stats in the defensive slot
    the endresult is pretty ok and stable damage

There is nothing wrong with Augment pets at all, and a player should go with what they like... :)

I just feel, based on my and others testing, that Bonding Runestones on a Active Companion Striker (like Z-dubs!) is better from a Min-Max standpoint, that's all.

I truly wish we could 'transmute' companions also, as I'd love to have the Laughing Skull following me around! lol

Yeti has 3 offense btw. Maybe I will test it someday. (It has defense and regen as default stat, thats a -) Also, I'd like to see how the rebel mercenary procs bonding, and her survivibility, because her attacks reduces the target's defense by 10%. Maybe if I will have some space to download the preview again.

By Defensive I did mean the Def/Regen stats, my apologize for not clarifying that... Typing on my cell! If you have the Rebel Mercenary, definitely let us know how it works, as it's active ability seems really sweet!

The Lostmauth set's active bonus is pretty snazzy in both PvE/PvP, though it's stronger for other classes like GWFs. I've found it is about 10% of our, SWs, damage via ACT and obviously the more you crit the better it is. However, schietindebux, is correct that it's pretty much the best thing since slice bread in PvP.

Bottom line though, even with STR/DEX over CON/CHA stats, you'll do more Damage w/Lostmauth over any other current Neck/Belt/Artifact set.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    seniorhobsseniorhobs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Hope you don't mind my throwing in my 2 cents.

I have done 3-4 hours of parsing with various encounter combinations and companions to optimize. I can confirm that the Zhentarin companion provides higher personal dps than the priestess, roughly 7-8k encdps higher. I believe it mainly to be a result of the loss of power stats from the def slots and the fact the priestess does not put out actual dps like the warlock companion. However, the priestess brings a whole lot more to a party and even when solo'n i'm finding the crit debuff to mobs super effective, survivability seems much higher, can almost face tank the two giant pulls in Icewind dale (not that this is a good strat!), I couldn't before.

My biggest complaint on the priestess, is she goes right into melee range to do her thing, which means more red death compared to warlock companion and subsequently less bonding buff and crit buff uptime.

Recommendation? Get your tank and healer to run the priestess to increase their def stats and buff your party for +40% crit (yes the buffs stack), and focus on your pwr/arp and best dps companion.

Another note, all of my parses with the priestess were 10k encdps or greater than with an augment companion (black dragon ioun stone).

-Grogak
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    The loss comes from the less bonding buff uptime IMO. (warlock no cooldown powers)
    The priestess would be best for support classes, espesially for DC IMO. It would give the party amazing buffs (and you can heal it). If I ever decide to upgrade my DC, I will choose Priestess definately. (Maybe if they cut companions upgrade prices)
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Guys i would like to ask you something else. Would you suggest using 2 Personalized adamant rings of Piercing(Power + ArP) or 2 Personalized adamant rings of Recovery(Power + Recovery)? I mean soul scorch doent have a recharge time, so which option is better?
    Post edited by miltoswrlck on
  • Options
    solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Probably also worth noting that having the Yeti companion will potentially drive your party or SH raid tanks nuts with pulling agro periodically and spinning the boss/dragon.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I did use the jagged blade for short in PVE during dragon fights and saw some 4x buffs and one 5x , probably caused by compagnion died and renewed the already existing buffs on top, and he died a lot
    this doesn´t happen when testing on dummy
    but all in all as long as my bondings are not perfect its no option because the 100% buff I get from augment + 10% stats from defence slot is more constant atm
    can´t say if its from any value having a compagnion that doesn´t die or having one that dies and probably doubles your buffs?
  • Options
    deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Iv only just got the lostmouth set after weeks of debating it's effective damage increase against the cost of acquiring it. Gave in when realised its the go to set for pvp. Only ever do pve up until now.

Got few questions.. 1) when you cast TT on more than 1 mob do you get orange 0s appearing on screen? Rather annoying assessing the damage. 2) do you still run warlocks bargain/dreadtheft combo using the set? My understanding was it only proc the set bonus on the initial hit and only if it crits. Seems a wasteful set bonus when dreadtheft is a cast skill only proc once
  • Options

Hope you don't mind my throwing in my 2 cents.
    -Grogak

Not at all bud, thanks for the info! :)

--------

The loss comes from the less bonding buff uptime IMO. (warlock no cooldown powers)
    The priestess would be best for support classes, espesially for DC IMO. It would give the party amazing buffs (and you can heal it). If I ever decide to upgrade my DC, I will choose Priestess definately. (Maybe if they cut companions upgrade prices)

The Priestess is definitely a viable, and more 'party friendly' companion... Though make sure you know that your positioning, much closer to the bad guys(!), is important to maximize the Priestess as she loves to get into combat.

--------

Guys i would like to ask you something else. Would you suggest using 2 Personalized adamant rings of Piercing(Power + ArP) or 2 Personalized adamant rings of Recovery(Power + Recovery)? I mean soul scorch doent have a recharge time, so which option is better?

I'd try out the Recovery ones honestly, as ArmPen is a very easy stat for SWs to get via their Armor/Gear choices.

--------

but all in all as long as my bondings are not perfect its no option because the 100% buff I get from augment + 10% stats from defence slot is more constant atm

Very important statement of note, as this is definitely for a higher geared toon and clarifies that Augments are not something to just ignore! :)

-------

Iv only just got the lostmouth set after weeks of debating it's effective damage increase against the cost of acquiring it. Gave in when realised its the go to set for pvp. Only ever do pve up until now.

Currently it definitely is a DPS increase, for PvE which is what I focus on!

Got few questions.. 1) when you cast TT on more than 1 mob do you get orange 0s appearing on screen? Rather annoying assessing the damage. 2) do you still run warlocks bargain/dreadtheft combo using the set? My understanding was it only proc the set bonus on the initial hit and only if it crits. Seems a wasteful set bonus when dreadtheft is a cast skill only proc once

1. Sometimes ya, and complicates testing a bit... Strongly suggest using ACT (or other program) to track damage.
    2. I do sometimes, it really depends on the fights and what the party needs. However, my main boss rotation, currently, runs niether.

--------
    Hope that helps, and thanks to everyone for your responses and the great discussion! :smiley:

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    What's your pve rotation now then for boss fights/ dungeons?
  • Options
    For Bosses I generally use:

Soul Scorch / Hadar's Grasp / Killing Flames

For Soloing/lots of adds:

Killing Flames / Dreadtheft / Firey Bolt
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    how come no warlocks bargain kola?

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • Options
    @rotters

Solo: I don't normally run Warlock's Bargain unless I'm having trouble surviving. Beginning of Mod 6 I used it, but now knowing the content and being more geared/experienced I've found no need for it.

Team: Similar situation, when DCs / OPs / GFs learned content and can keep the party healed or the bad guys occupied. There really isn't a need for Warlock's Bargain.

However, it is useful in PvP and it also has uses when you want Curses to stick. I've just adapted to always cursing when necessary... Not always perfect but it works pretty well. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    For someone that cannot afford Bonding runestones(right now) which augment would you suggest( Ioun Stone of allure or Black Dragon Ioun Stone)?
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I have allure and zhentarim warlock with perfect bondings. I think allure is just fine with some loyal avenger gear.
  • Options
    @miltoswrlck

I'd suggest the Ioun Stone of Might as I like the active bonus of 5% Stamina Regen and the 3x Offensive Slots, if not Black Dragon has a decent active bonus and 3x Offensive Slots also! :)

@taitinhakkaaja

The Ioun Stone of Allure is perfectly fine also, though I'm not a huge fan of the lack of 3x Offensive Slots, that's all... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    allure or any ioun with one defence slot is fine too

3x652 crit
    3x652 power
    3x652 arp
    3x 420power (brutals rank 12)
    3x420crit (brutals rank 12)

so one 12% stone gives you 385 power and 385 crit f.e. 770 stats, arp on top is 234 (in most cases irrelevant)
    rank 12 bonding is 840 power in case you got a 3xoffensive slot

having rank 10th and 10% companionstats its: 273 power + 273 crit = 546 stats+ (195 arp)
    rank 10 bonding is 560 power

so in case you need arp allure would be better in case you don´t the difference is small like 14 (10th) up to 70 (maxed) stats
    having low ranked stones allure gets better than 3x offense slots
    all in all it doesn´t make a difference i would say
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    Yeah but they also have their active bonus(in case of Black Dragon there is this 10% up crit chance and in case of Allure there is the slow chance). So any specific suggestions or there active bonus have a minor advantage?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Yeah but they also have their active bonus(in case of Black Dragon there is this 10% up crit chance and in case of Allure there is the slow chance). So any specific suggestions or there active bonus have a minor advantage?

as far as I know allure doesn´t work and the 10% crit chance sounds good, I got it on my GWF and its more benefitial beng near dead popping unstoppable and getting the buff
    ...but my warlock is 99,9% of the time >50% HP, beside being dead
  • Options
    I have found something interesting from this post about the Action point gain. You can check the pictures in the site.(as they dont appear here)
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1202467/master-of-flame-renegade-guide-burn-with-me

[​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​"New" ratings
    AoE Resist
    Action Point Gain
    Control Resist
    Control Bonus
    Combat Advantage Bonus
    Companion Influence
    Incoming Healing Bonus
    Stamina Gain

All of "new" ratings follows the same formula (for character level 70):

new_ratings_formula.70.white.png

This means, all those ratings are hard capped at 11.36%.
    Formula Chart limited to 2000 Rating value:

new_ratings_chart.70.2000.white.png

"New" ratings have high investing return at the beginning, but meets huge diminishing return:

new_ratings_ratingperstatchart.70.10.white.png

As you can see, there is a high diminishing return after about 1000 Rating value invested.
    Any additional Rating value over about 1000 is mainly wasted, thus rating cap is about 1000.
    Especially, maxing aka stacking one of those "new" ratings is highly uneffective.]

So i can say that by using tiamat's orb and the Action point kits in the rings I can hit the softcap of Action point gain. So maybe Thayan book is useless then? Please as im new in this, tell me if i am wrong.