test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I got 2x Stacks of each (total of 6x, got to 39k Power) Level Perfect/11/12 Bonding Runestones in one HE in Strongholds with my Zhentarim Warlock.

Since then, it's been 1x Proc of each, haven't seen 2x since then. Not sure if it's specific powers, length of encounter, etc. So more testing is needed... :)

In another thread I was told that more than three stacks happen when the companion dies and gets ressurected using Llira's bell (it does not depend on the bell, it just needs to be ressurected as quickly as possible).

It's simple...

Three stacks.
    Companion dies.
    Companion gets resurrected.
    Companion adds another three stacks.

Depending on the timing you can get more than three stacks.

Doesn't explain though how someone got more than three stacks against a dummy.
    Post edited by fdsakhfduewhfiuf on
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

In another thread I was told that more than three stacks happen when the companion dies and gets ressurected using Llira's bell (it does not depend on the bell, it just needs to be ressurected as quickly as possible).

That is viable yes, and adds credence to using Active Companions instead of Augments. :)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    With the new module Cat has a lower price. I checked her and saw something about cats prowess. Could that bonus to crit and recovery make me choose the cat instead of another Ioun Stone?
  • Options
    @superkwstaras

I'd say no. For an Augment pet the Ioun Stone of Might is just better with Power / Critical Strike / Armor Penetration (reciting from memory I believe I am right there!), then the Cat. Plus it has 3x Offensive Slots, which I believe the Cat doesn't have...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2015

@superkwstaras

I'd say no. For an Augment pet the Ioun Stone of Might is just better with Power / Critical Strike / Armor Penetration (reciting from memory I believe I am right there!), then the Cat. Plus it has 3x Offensive Slots, which I believe the Cat doesn't have...

@kolatmaster
    But the cat looks nice and the stone doesn't :(
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User

We definately need transmute for companions

• Options
    superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Couldn't i use the Eldritch runestone to get the bonus% of my augment's stats in the def Slot? Also is that true that eldritch is bugged and doesnt work with Augments?
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

Couldn't i use the Eldritch runestone to get the bonus% of my augment's stats in the def Slot? Also is that true that eldritch is bugged and doesnt work with Augments?

Eldritch used to work fine, although I can't confirm if it's bugged now; but bonding stones don't work because augment don't have an attack.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

btfd said:

We definately need transmute for companions

That and Mounts!

You could, I believe there was an issue... But it may have been fixed? Try it out with a Green version of it maybe?

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    @kolatmaster I have been trying to work out whether lifesteal procs burning guidance or not and I am kind of at a loss, do you happen to know whether it does or does not, its nigh on impossible to test on my paladin (due to how much my paladin procs it, figuring out whether there is or is not a proc from lifesteal would be a mission) and I don't have the boon on my warlock to test it.
  • Options

@kolatmaster I have been trying to work out whether lifesteal procs burning guidance or not and I am kind of at a loss, do you happen to know whether it does or does not, its nigh on impossible to test on my paladin (due to how much my paladin procs it, figuring out whether there is or is not a proc from lifesteal would be a mission) and I don't have the boon on my warlock to test it.

My understanding is that it wouldn't since Lifesteal only heals yourself, as it's supposed to trigger off healing Allies and not yourself... At least from what I know. I think it initially did, and they changed it way back in early 2014 after Dread Ring came out or right before it went live...

Can anyone confirm it triggers off Lifesteal itself?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    I just headed to preview and skilled BG next to everything else boosting my LS. Then I went to WoD to slaughter some dragons and cultists, after 4 mob groups not a single BG hit :(

• Options
    Interesting, there will be much sciencing by me on my CW later to try and determine if this is the case. Either way, for a while I have been considering stacking lifesteal on my devotion paladin, the more important question is can the damage from burning guidance lifesteal, because if it can, it can proc prism. Anyhow, its late now and I need some sleep, but tomorrow the banner of science shall be raised high :p
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Burning guidance did work at the end of mod 5 on preview and crashed hole sever by that
    Then they fixed it before mod 6 went live ...you can rest, there is nothing to test
  • Options
    rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    what would be nice is to have a full screen char page to see stat changes in combat. you would be able to screen grab.

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Greetings all!

Currently testing out, with the new Elemental Fire Weapon, if putting the Sigil of the Devoted away is the right call...

Now I know what you are all thinking:

But give me a chance to explain! :)

The thought is to test out Wheel of the Elements, and utilize the DPS increase of the Fire buff, in place of the Sigil of the Devoted. The loss of the Sigil of the Devoted isn't as big a deal as you may think (in theory) if you're utilizing the new Fire Weapon set and the Flail Snail. Also if you regularly run with a DC who spams AP buffs or even a GF with Into The Fray (I believe this gives an AP buff, yes?), it isn't so bad... In theory.

So I'm gonna try it out for a week or two, and we'll see how it goes. Let me know what ya'll think about my mad science theory...

Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    As I said in another post, this was exactly what I wanted to test :D too bad I'm too lazy to use my short game time for these super exciting weapon quests... Looking forward to your testings

• Options
    rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User

Greetings all!

Currently testing out, with the new Elemental Fire Weapon, if putting the Sigil of the Devoted away is the right call...

Now I know what you are all thinking:

But give me a chance to explain! :)

The thought is to test out Wheel of the Elements, and utilize the DPS increase of the Fire buff, in place of the Sigil of the Devoted. The loss of the Sigil of the Devoted isn't as big a deal as you may think (in theory) if you're utilizing the new Fire Weapon set and the Flail Snail. Also if you regularly run with a DC who spams AP buffs or even a GF with Into The Fray (I believe this gives an AP buff, yes?), it isn't so bad... In theory.

So I'm gonna try it out for a week or two, and we'll see how it goes. Let me know what ya'll think about my mad science theory...

ha had exactly the same thought in mind...still have to level a wheel of elements though....

Keep us informed please Kola

tab

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • Options
    Also twisted weapon should be tested

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Twisted is also gated more or less by 40 epic demo runs as far as i understood
    My wheel will be finished in short time
    Curious about fire weapon buff
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @kolatmaster as there is double RP this weekend, do you have some results to help me decide if leveling up a mythic dc sigil is worth the RP by using snail+fire weapon instead?
    Post edited by btfd on

• Options
    btfd said:

@kolatmaster as there is double RP this weekend, do you have some results to help me decide if leveling up a mythic dc sigil is worth the RP by using snail+fire weapon instead?

Honestly I don't know as yet... Haven't been able to get on the Preview Shard as its buggy right now. However, the Devs did say this:
    terramak said:

We still plan to run the 2x RP event currently scheduled for December 31st.

So at the very least it is then, and maybe this weekend also?

Either way I'd still level up the DC Sigil to Mythic, as it's still ama-za-zing and depending on party comp, and future gear options, having it will be good. Honestly you can't go wrong with it, and I'm still testing if Fire + Snail + Wheel is better, unfortunately haven't had a lot of time in the past few weeks... Once I know, I'll post! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thanks for your answer :) so this weekend I will own mythic DC sigil, fire weapon and mythic wheel of elements and do some testing on my own. Maybe I can help you a little :)

• Options
    seniorhobsseniorhobs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    I use a mythic wheel in primary. Using Immolation Spirits and snail my AP bar is always full long before immolation spirits despawn. In short i have a full AP bar for every pull and while I don't have any parsing done with the wheel I have noticed a nice increase in my splash damage. Average eToS and eCC runs are well over 100m; double that if the other dps are weak.

-Grogak
  • Options
    @kolatmaster test the lostmauth set proccing off of dreadtheft crits again, they ninja fixed the 0's from the dot effect of burning light on paladin when it crits, as it now procs the lostmauth set and actually does damage, instead of just doing 0's.
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    It doesn't proc dreadtheft, and also doesn't proc soul scorch's curse consume effect after crit (tested yesterday).
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    mac173mac173 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hello all, I just returned to the game. I last played in v. 4 and had a lvl 60 CW. Took him out where I left him in Dread Ring, and got 2shot killed by trash mobs........OUCH!
    After some research found out there had been some changes....duh.....
    I discovered a new class, SW. Decided to give it a try.

I am now level 30 and need to make a decision. I found this thread and have read/skimmed it for info, but I have some questions.

First, I am not a group player. I know you will all say I need to, but this is not a choice. I work, I have a disabled wife that needs care and a granddaughter. I get interrupted at totally unpredictable times. I will not abandon group mates in the middle of a fight, and my circumstances make it a forgone conclusion I will have to. So I solo.

I cannot afford the ZEN or time for legendary gear. Keys are few and far between. I AM a subscriber.

So, with normal drops, normal gear and no grouping, which is the best path? From what I have read it looks like Soulbinder for the survivability. I would actually prefer to be a killing machine, but I cannot depend on scrolls (too much ZEN).

So after this long winded explanation, am I right? Is SB the way to go in my situation?
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    SB survives a lot better than HB and overall performance is better. CW is a lot easier class to solo -> icy veins and mobs stay frozen. If you really want the hard way then sw :cold_sweat: ...If i had to choose knowing what i know now, i wouldn't even touch sw. Currently it is worst class by far.
    Low geared under 3k i would recommend SB damnation.
  • Options
    mac173mac173 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks taitinhakkaaja. I think I am going to play some other toons tonight and see if I get any more comments on this, but you confirmed what I was thinking.
  • Options
    deanblockley1deanblockley1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Glad to hear you are testing the wheel of elements. I know a lot of people who use this before casting TT so every TT has 30%damage buff and their damage seems very excess to not running it. Look forward to hearing your tests findings.

I have a question about your power rotation... specifically when running dragons. Obviously here TT isn't as effective with no adds present (although it does apply the same curse mechanic as warlocks bargain which is nice). What 3 powers do you use on dragons as hadar's grasp obviously isn't as effective when it can't be controlled and no adds.?