test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    niadan said:

Not sure if it is "or" or "and". All I know is that it happens on my CW quite often. (sorry I know this is SW thread, but I have to kiss my guild leaders back side to keep him in line)

va8Ru.gif
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    So I'm at sort of a crossroads. I'll be lvl67 soon with my SB fury and I don't know if I should respec to Damnation until I can gear up theb switch or what I should do. I like fury better because it's more fun than relying on a puppet to be buffed to super saiyan power lvl. However, I don't want to be "obsolete" until I have the gear. Any help guidance would be amazing as I've deliberated over this for weeks now. SW is my only toon (until i make a DC for obvious reasons) and my choices need to be careful and well-informed :)

Edit: I play on xbox and sadly do not have access to the thief or ZW
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
    mrshabok said:

So I'm at sort of a crossroads. I'll be lvl67 soon with my SB fury and I don't know if I should respec to Damnation until I can gear up theb switch or what I should do. I like fury better because it's more fun than relying on a puppet to be buffed to super saiyan power lvl. However, I don't want to be "obsolete" until I have the gear. Any help guidance would be amazing as I've deliberated over this for weeks now. SW is my only toon (until i make a DC for obvious reasons) and my choices need to be careful and well-informed :)

Do you run with a Guild? If so, and they are helpful, you can definitely remain SB Fury... It might be challenging, but you'll still contribute, particularly if following the rotations of Encounters in this guide. :)
    mrshabok said:

Maybe a Quickling, or the Shadow Demon is pretty snazzy!
    va8Ru.gif
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    damnation = fun game
    take namrekas build f.e. in the warlock thread, its good... or stay fury

fury = power tabbing :)

mrshabok said:

Do you run with a Guild? If so, and they are helpful, you can definitely remain SB Fury... It might be challenging, but you'll still contribute, particularly if following the rotations of Encounters in this guide. :)
    mrshabok said:

Yup I'm in an active Guild that I'm happy with, so that's great news! I think I'll stay with Fury then and continue to work on applying the rotations you recommend. Nice, I'll check those companions out. No Underdark yet for XB1 but it should be coming soon?

On another note I was reviewing feats and it seems the 5% less dmg resistance from Infernal Wrath is not necessary. Parting Blasphemy might be better instead since lesser curse get''s removed so often? Maybe I'm misunderstanding mechanics and this is wrong, but I would like to know your thoughts :]

damnation = fun game

Thanks man! I don't mind power tabbing (I'm guessing by tabbing you mean applying lesser curse every chance you get) because I do it between everything always. Maybe that's not good practice?
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
    mrshabok said:

mrshabok said:

mrshabok said:

Yup I'm in an active Guild that I'm happy with, so that's great news! I think I'll stay with Fury then and continue to work on applying the rotations you recommend. Nice, I'll check those companions out. No Underdark yet for XB1 but it should be coming soon?

On another note I was reviewing feats and it seems the 5% less dmg resistance from Infernal Wrath is not necessary. Parting Blasphemy might be better instead since lesser curse get''s removed so often? Maybe I'm misunderstanding mechanics and this is wrong, but I would like to know your thoughts :]

damnation = fun game

Thanks man! I don't mind power tabbing (I'm guessing by tabbing you mean applying lesser curse every chance you get) because I do it between everything always. Maybe that's not good practice?
    i would recommand to test things as most did before and in case you like it keep it, otherwise you will never know
    its 300 Zen or about 120k AD recieved in 3 days for respec
    I'd love to test but it's hard without combat log. I don't think we can access one on XB1... I still will test either way.
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I used to play this game with xbox too. Constant lagging and numerous bugs caused so much frustration that i decided to switch to pc. I miss xbox controller but game is so much better in pc.... Join uuuuuuuuus
  • miltoswrlckmiltoswrlck Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Guys if you had to choose between Tiamat's orb and Sigil of the controller(1000 power+crit), what would you choose?
  • btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User

Guys if you had to choose between Tiamat's orb and Sigil of the controller(1000 power+crit), what would you choose?

both ;) at least this is what I am going with. Otherwise what do you need more? Crit + Power or AP-Gain (remember it's capped at 1k)

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd another companion to fit in... Siege Master.

va8Ru.gif
    Sold! Time to get myself an xmas present.
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
    Greetings all!

Small update, I've decided to experiment with a bit more party utility, which would require losing a little DPS... But I've been a DPS King for a while now, figured trying out Dark Revelry would be worth a shot while still being Fury. So my current feats are below, and we'll try a few weeks like this for the hell of it! :)

va8Ru.gif
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'm currently running same paragon build except Helltouched - I've chosen Infernal Wrath (mostly for PvP) as it work great with All-Consuming Curse. Dunno if Helltouched works - I never saw any icon of it related at HP bar :(
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    Nice, maybe I'll give it a go as well. ZW is also available for Xbox now....yay!
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
    OP w/Aura of Gifts and Dark Revelry is a sweet combo, let me tell you... Hit 75k Power in a eCC run!

Wish I got a screen shot, but @thefabricant can vouch for it. :smiley:
    va8Ru.gif
    To calm you down a little, it was 74.9k :P

edited December 2015
    @btfd has corrected me... My humblest apologies! ;)
    Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Hello! May I ask what daily are you recommend for boss/dragon fights?
    Tyrannical threat to maximize creeping death maybe?
    Or some damage like Brood of Hadar or Immolation Spirits?

I can easily reach 100 creeping death with TT+dreadtheft of haadars grasp+at-wills.
    In t2 bosses TT is useful to melt adds. In heralds Brood of Hadar (necrotic).

@kolatmaster you should add righteous DC for more power :D

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    fernuu said:

In t2 bosses TT is useful to melt adds.

Or to melt bosses if you attack TTed adds instead of TTed boss with Soul Scorch ;) with nice buff group can onehit first two etos bosses :)

• benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    fernuu said:

In t2 bosses TT is useful to melt adds. In heralds Brood of Hadar (necrotic).

@kolatmaster you should add righteous DC for more power :D

What daily do you use in Dragonflight runs then?
    No adds there.
    But TT is so good to boost creeping death.

I am unsure about Brood of Hadar. I think Spirits does bigger dmg.

I use Brood of Hadar, Spirits are good too. I just use Brood because it's necrotic and works great with creeping death.

I don't need TT to boost creeping - normal curse works great there :P

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
    In all honesty, between TT / Brood of Hadar / Immolation Spirits on a solo boss fight, I'd just test out what feels best... I'd give them all a try, and whichever one you choose rock with it. :)

For Brood of Hadar and Immolation Spirits, just make sure you are constantly tabbing between attacks to apply Curses!

va8Ru.gif

In all honesty, between TT / Brood of Hadar / Immolation Spirits on a solo boss fight, I'd just test out what feels best... I'd give them all a try, and whichever one you choose rock with it. :)

For Brood of Hadar and Immolation Spirits, just make sure you are constantly tabbing between attacks to apply Curses!

I never used Brood, always spirits, but they only last 15 seconds being fury atm (fury-->PVP+Demorgorgon more effective) and the moment they spawn they need 3-5 seconds to "get in position" just watching the cealing
    tabbing.... atm I do WC+WB+HG+SS because it allowes me to forget the tabbing as long as WB prevents WC from being consumed, as far as I could see?
    just have to check if SS + Dot also procs CD on the WC/WB combo, without renewing WC all time
    Brood of Hadar, same as Killing Flames don't consume curse, that's another + for using it. Just casting SS is annoying.

I start with WC->HG->WC->KF->at-wills->BoH->(WC->SS)x5-8

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • miltoswrlckmiltoswrlck Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Concerning the Artifact Weapons, Twisted Weapons can grant you pretty much 4000 power and some defense. So my point is if the Twisted weapons worth a try. I dont use wheel of Elements( I prefer Sigil of the Devoted) so my AP refill fast and I think the 4000 bonus to power + some defense is a nice buff. What do you think?
    @kolatmaster @fernuu @schietindebux Just wanted to say thanks! I ran eLoL last night for the first time and thanks to all of your advice/kolat's build I was able to hit ~40mil at 2025il, something I never would have been able to do otherwise. I appreciate for what you do for the SW community!
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide

Concerning the Artifact Weapons, Twisted Weapons can grant you pretty much 4000 power and some defense. So my point is if the Twisted weapons worth a try. I dont use wheel of Elements( I prefer Sigil of the Devoted) so my AP refill fast and I think the 4000 bonus to power + some defense is a nice buff. What do you think?

if I had not refined my elemental weapon in the firy weapon I would go for it, its good for PVE and I am 100% sure your power buff will be up all time thanks to the dots
    and its good for PVP too --3700k power or 3700k defence ! huge!
    tbh I think about refining my firy weapon as soon as I get the set...not definitely sure about it atm

tbh I think about refining my firy weapon as soon as I get the set...not definitely sure about it atm

Still debating that myself honestly... lol

va8Ru.gif