Marks of Potency Pricing Changes

Comments

• johnbonrangejohnbonrange Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    How about coa wards?
    Still cost 1'000 zen?
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User

How about coa wards?
    Still cost 1'000 zen?

That is yet another reason that this change is way too little.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    sabiwen said:

Will this change Artifact upgrades?
    Instead of 5 GMOPS to Mythic, would you need SMOPS, or at they keeping it at 5 GMOPs at the lower price above?

So, this last Dbl RP I upgraded 4 artifacts to Mythic
    20 GMOPs x 75k (VIP cost) = 1,500,000 AD
    New system would be 20 GMOPS at 18,750 = 375,000 AD

Well, that sucks that I just wasted 1,125,000 AD.

I would guess that just like rank 11 and 12 enchants, legendary and mythic artifacts will require 2 SMoPs/4 SMoPs each, so 1.2 million AD in your case.

So a little cheaper, but not enough to make you feel too bad. :tongue:

• deuceriderdeucerider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This is a way to target those elements you didn't want in the first place. Why this news wasn't part of the original leadership AD nuke means it is probably the result of player hate spam or was a reaction to a poor decision.

Currency whales kept most of their assets in GMoP for easy intra-account transfer. They just took a 75% shot where it hurts.

If you want to help, pretend your a bot and post this great news (and don't buy any GMoP until this change).

The costs to rank up went way down.

I hope most real players were using their GMoP, and not hoarding.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    goatshark said:

With the recent changes to the AD economy, we are going to be reducing the cost on a few items in the Wondrous Bazaar, and adding a new item.

• Marks of Potency will be reduced from 25k AD to 6k AD
    • Greater Marks of Potency will be reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD
    • *NEW* Superior Marks of Potency will be priced at 100k AD
    In addition, we are changing some of the upgrade requirements on higher end Enchantments and Runestones. Weapon and Armor Enhancement gems will not be changed at this time.
    • Going from Rank 10->11 will now cost 2 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    • Going from Rank 11->12 will now cost 4 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate.

These changes will be going live very soon. Once they’re live and we can monitor performance for a bit, we will re-evaluate and see if further changes are necessary. As an FYI, we are continuing to monitor ALL Astral Diamond costs/performance/etc. as we work to balance this economy. Thank you for your patience.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    BIG kudos here! This is AWESOME! Definitely going to help with the reduction of AD generation!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,380 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Get C-ward through VIP. VIP 1 is 1000 without 15% coupon. You get 1 to 2 c-ward through the t-bar from the lockbox. i.e. if you have to buy c-ward from Z-store, you may as well get a VIP 1.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    So, any ideas yet on how solo players can generate AD? The new prices are nice, but if a players generation rate is zero, any price is meaningless.
  • johnbonrangejohnbonrange Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Get C-ward through VIP. VIP 1 is 1000 without 15% coupon. You get 1 to 2 c-ward through the t-bar from the lockbox. i.e. if you have to buy c-ward from Z-store, you may as well get a VIP 1.

1 coa in a month with VIP
    and 4 artifacts+2 combat artifacts+2 equipement artifacts+1 armor enchant+1 weapon enchant+1 dozen enchants on stuff = 24 coa need to upgrade in one rank ...................................................

At least Cryptic spoke and did something
    one step have been done
    the path is still long
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    urabask wrote: »
    Once you have rank 10 enchants you're probably around 3k GS and you can run pretty much all the content in the game pretty easily anyways.

I am 2.5+ with my main... and I am comfortable with all content... and fairly easily. Though this is GREAT F'ING news. I can now level my belt and necklace... with losing an arm and a leg.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you, Scott!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    will the vip discount be in effect for all of these as well?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Well yeah, but you're going to be able to get in those quick 3k only runs or tiamat zergs a lot easier now.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • deuceriderdeucerider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Oh, and um, here are some new items which can now be upgraded to higher levels - using Super GMoP. That is all.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,380 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I never use C-ward for artifacts (no, mine has not reached mystic yet). Only 4 reached legendary.
    I never use C-ward for artifact weapon and artifact equipment. Only one reached legendary.
    I never use C-ward for upgrading enchantments.

Only used C-ward for armor enchant and weapon enchant.

I got enough t-bar to get 2 c-ward in one month.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    I realize this game needs to earn real hard cash but at some point, you have to consider do you want to real hard cash or do you want players? We all know that you have to pay your employees money but at what point do you look at the diminishing returns?

As an honest player, I have been saving my AD to buy one of pets in the AD market store and have had to decimate my stash over and over again to buy GMOPs. Why can't you just kick the asshats that decide to cheat (still don't understand how they can earn more than 25K AD in a given 24 hour period) and keep the honest people.

The people who are doing skirmishes now and dungeons have already found a way to cheat everyone out of the AD so you have to watch out for that too. You need to give the AD as a chest item, not as a pickup item once you kill the boss. People are waiting for others to leave before they pick up the AD.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2015

So, any ideas yet on how solo players can generate AD? The new prices are nice, but if a players generation rate is zero, any price is meaningless.

--Invoke daily = 3k AD, over 2 1/2 hours

--Run 2 normal 3-man dungeons (I like nToS) = 6k+AD (at least after AD is auto-looted to your bag), 15 minutes for 2 runs. (Edit: note that you don't need a key to get the AD, either now or after they fix it).

3-man dungeons are barely "group content", since they can be soloed by pretty much any lvl 70 -- and I have gotten into a nToS within seconds of queuing every time I've tried since they elminated DD hours.

I do agree that they need to add AD to daily quests in some manner, because if you are concentrating on SH quests or doing campaigns for boons, most of your playtime will net you zero AD.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    What about Leadership?
    That professions is broken from here to the great beyond.

What about all the player feedback in the Astral Diamonds thread?

What about filling the former rAD slots in Leadership with Stronghold Vouchers?

What about adjusting AD costs from campaign boons and equipment?

What about adjusting AD costs for upgrading companions?

What about adding rAD to campaign quests?

What about adjusting AD costs for Strongholds?

What about adding rAD to Stronghold quests?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2015

ulviel said:

I hope it is just beginning and more changing in this direction are comming soon, otherwise it's more like throwing a bone to make players shut up

Inventing new marks was unnecessary. Tbh I suspect it's a smokescreen to obscure the fact they didn't in fact reduce costs as much as needed. But maybe I am wrong and they ideed are doing something right this time.

Probably because they know some players hold huge amounts of GMOPS and now they cut the value of those with 70% or so.
    You know what? The more I think of it the more it looks like they just want to get GMOPs hoarders, and when we see all the changes it turns out to be just as expensive (or almost as expensive in best case) as before, only we have no way to get ad ofc.

And also they make players a bit less unhappy, at least til we know exactly how refining will look like now.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

will the vip discount be in effect for all of these as well?

The discount is on the vendor itself, not on specific items.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Hey Scott, give that Strum guy a raise! He earned it. :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ulviel said:

ulviel said:

I hope it is just beginning and more changing in this direction are comming soon, otherwise it's more like throwing a bone to make players shut up

Inventing new marks was unnecessary. Tbh I suspect it's a smokescreen to obscure the fact they didn't in fact reduce costs as much as needed. But maybe I am wrong and they ideed are doing something right this time.

Probably because they know some players hold huge amounts of GMOPS and now they cut the value of those with 70% or so.
    You know what? The more I think of it the more it looks like they just want to get GMOPs hoarders, and when we see all the changes it turns out to be just as expensive (or almost as expensive in best case) as before, only we have no way to get ad ofc.

And also they make players a bit less unhappy, at least til we know exactly how refining will look like now.

Eh. All the people trading for GMoPs essentially just got bit in the *** for circumventing the AH fees. I don't really see the problem. They took that risk and really should've been dumping them way before this announcement since there was no way the price they had was sustainable.

And there's really no way it's just as expensive as before. Even for rank 10-12 they still cut out 40% of the cost.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, there is still no way for a strictly solo player to gain AD in a reasonable amount per day. The most guaranteed per day is only 3k AD through invoking, for those that play only solo. This is by far not enough at all.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited September 2015

sabiwen said:

Will this change Artifact upgrades?
    Instead of 5 GMOPS to Mythic, would you need SMOPS, or at they keeping it at 5 GMOPs at the lower price above?

So, this last Dbl RP I upgraded 4 artifacts to Mythic
    20 GMOPs x 75k (VIP cost) = 1,500,000 AD
    New system would be 20 GMOPS at 18,750 = 375,000 AD

Well, that sucks that I just wasted 1,125,000 AD.

I would guess that just like rank 11 and 12 enchants, legendary and mythic artifacts will require 2 SMoPs/4 SMoPs each, so 1.2 million AD in your case.

So a little cheaper, but not enough to make you feel too bad. :tongue:

The window to upgrade for really cheap is now till when the SMOP change goes into effect. You can upgrade using cheap GMOPs as people are trying to unload them on the AH
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Does this include upgrading artifacts to legendary...? If that's the case 4 superior marks is just way too much seeing as we have 4 artifacts.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    im saying tweaks tweaks gg nice first step for whealth community.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Super sweet!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User

You could do what I did before I become a paying customer, run blacklake skrishmish during the skrishish time and get the AD (not sure if theres any anymore in the chest during the skrishmish time since I stopped playing after I got robbed). I only log in now to claim my vip enchantment key and log out.

But I made many millions of AD doing that blacklake skrishmish, I start at level 5 (don't do any quests/exp other than black lake) finish at level 13, transfer all AD to zen market (same account), cancel trade on another character, claim AD back, delete the level 13 guy and re-create :) did that at least 1,000 times with my 13 character slots on my one account. I got so good at it, I could clear the skrishmish solo in 1min and 47seconds if no one clicked a barrel (clicking barrels adds an extra 30 to 40secods per barrel bunch clicked).
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    This restores the faith of players that did not make a significant investment in Leadership. For me, my faith is not restored.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    That's a good place to start. And I have *faith* you guys will go down the line through all economy sinks, eventually getting to things like Training Tomes and whatnot. It all takes time, I get it. I'm patient enough to wait it out as long as you guys are least always 'moving forward' regarding this stuff - and it's a massive help that you are communicating it.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    This is an excellent move guys! Well done! Now if you could just address the Pres ward/Coal Ward situation (they're still too expensive on the zen market) We'll be all set! Good job Devs!
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

This discussion has been closed.