test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    There are no dungeons a player can quest, high level dungeons unless they have the armor, weapons, accessories and enchantments of high enough item level score to survive...

And where do they get those higher level armor, weapons, accessories and enchantments (or at least the refinements to upgrade them)?

In the frigging dungeons they can't play unless they have the armor/item level points to survive them!!!

Anyone else see what's wrong with this scenario?

DD~
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

quspiv wrote: »

Top 3 by me (with reasons)

1. Stability.

You can have beatiful game and perfectly balanced. It wont matter when servers are lagging and players are getting constant DC's. (This inclues very annoying and balance breaking DC's in PvP)

2. Bugs

There's a lot of bugs which make very expensive items worthless or broken balance wise. It also affect various classes which can make them useless or OP. (For example, TR SoD is not fixed since mod6 started)

3. Lack of fun. Most of the recent changes (+50% HP to mobs and huge XP increase) were really not needed and on top of that it affect mostly new and casual players. Doing daily quest on new characters is a chore. You pretty much made huge wall between old and new players. These kind of changes should be aimed at old players and help new players catch up instead of placing them even more behind. If these things dont change, you will start losing casual players and discourage new ones, cause not many is insane enough to play 24/7 for 1 year just to get few power points and low lvl enchants.

Yes to all of this...

Want to balance pvp??? stop matching random queue teams vs premade bis teams.... add a 20% damage resist and damage dealing bonus to balanced teams (no 2 team members same class and at least one pally DC or GF) penalize teams with 3 or more of same class this could be applied to pve class balance as well for dungeons ect

This IS AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the group finder window pops up, what if you let us see which classes are going to be in the team? like this:

r2kc37.jpg

This would improve the chance of success of the players using the queue system. Many players get frustrated when they keep joining instances and there are no tanks and/or healers and you have reworked the dungeons, there is a very low chance of success if you don't go with classes that are trully able to fulfill these roles. In the first circle would appear GF/OP protector and GWF sentinel (if it ever gets fixed), DPSers/Utility Classes in the next circles 2, 3 and 4 (GWF Destroyer-Instigator, DC Righteous, etc) last circle for healers (DC Virtuous-Faithfull, OP Devotion, SW Warlock if gets fixed).

3) Make content much more rewarding: Running dungeons are among the most important ways to interact with other players in the game. It is vital for a guild when the members are running dungeons with each other but what happens when you are already geared and there's no real reason to go to a dungeon? Sure, you can go a few times and help but right now we have to farm for 40 days the top PvE gear. After all that time farming, you don't want to go there again because is boring and it is not rewarding. Hard content = Good rewards, so it's worth to spend time everyday on them. Getting the gear is part of running dungeons, shouldn't be the priority nor the main reason. I want to run dungeons because is fun and I get cool things.

NEED A LIKE BUTTON FOR FEEDBACK THREADS SO YOU CAN SEE THE SUPPORT FOR AN IDEA IMMEDIATELY INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR ECHOED FEEDBACK POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • acro33acro33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User

NEED A LIKE BUTTON FOR FEEDBACK THREADS SO YOU CAN SEE THE SUPPORT FOR AN IDEA IMMEDIATELY INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR ECHOED FEEDBACK POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All good ideas, man.
  • arskakarvaarskakarva Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Want to balance pvp??? stop matching random queue teams vs premade bis teams.... add a 20% damage resist and damage dealing bonus to balanced teams (no 2 team members same class and at least one pally DC or GF) penalize teams with 3 or more of same class this could be applied to pve class balance as well for dungeons ect

I'd say the single most important change PvP needs is a separate parallel queue category for it where absolutely NO gear, enchants, boons, items, or any other external variable applies at all. You get uniform baseline stats and the feats and powers you've picked, nothing else. No stats, no gear, no frills, only pure skill (assuming classes themselves are balanced, big assumption there).
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Eliminate any Gamble from the Zen Store.

Aside from the key+lockbox lottery, if a player spends real money on a game, they should be getting exactly what they want when they do. Booster packs purchased through the Zen Market need to be speciafic or removed and replaced with specific item purchases. This aint Vegas.
  • lilrastalilrasta Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Great idea here hope it will actually bring hopes for many who lost it along the way

not gonna list it all but few little things that might be helpfull during the massive changes lately

* due to AD changes and Gmops changes what about changing apperance AD changes (50k is alot for it)

*old dungeons back on the menu ^^

*leadership overlook : so many not making sense tasks

*Stronghold donation rate should be abit not drastic but abit lower and again due to all the massive changes lately

** fyi the pvp dbl and triple kill in GG pvp doesnt work as well the pvp HE in IWD work occationly

the list can be long since been playing since beta days but here is small changes i guess but it pile up to the rest of my fellow players added already

peace

• maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Gambling is fine, as long as its "checked against legal competence" (or juridical?). Thats pretty questionable here tho, for both the "age rating" and the "closed code" issues.

Anyway, as i cant rly keep track of where what i noted, ill probably repeat the main issues: bugfixes, foundry improvements, poor level design, hardly any skill and stats definitions (both effect and description) and no D&D besides the franchise name and lore.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Direct damage stylized wizards should always have the following as viable options in any depiction of Dungeons and Dragons:

Fireball
    Lightning Bolt
    Cone of Cold
    Magic Missile

NWO has one of these. 4E had ... okay, 4E had Magic Missile and that's about it as well (the others were enormously subpar options).
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    They could move the "Fireball" from SW to CW, and give the SW something more fitting... a regular encounter, that would really deal damage and steal life, without directly depending on the stat life steal itself for it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • gohibniugohibniu Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    dionchi said:

There are no dungeons a player can quest, high level dungeons unless they have the armor, weapons, accessories and enchantments of high enough item level score to survive...

And where do they get those higher level armor, weapons, accessories and enchantments (or at least the refinements to upgrade them)?

In the frigging dungeons they can't play unless they have the armor/item level points to survive them!!!

Anyone else see what's wrong with this scenario?

Yup and you cant upgrade anything without AD and the ability to acquire them in appropriate amounts has been nerfed. P2W only in this game
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    okay, if i was a lead designer, i would made Tier 1 and tier 2 dungeons to be easier, with decent basic loots, and make "hardcore copy zones" versions of tier 1 and tier 2 so they can get "extra same items" but not as "better rewards" to avoid gaps between haves and havenots.

by recreating "Hardcore Dungeons", they will only got more drops than usual standard dungeon runs's loot drops, with better chances of gem drops, heavier cash drops, since it is expensive to pay for health kits, and random rank 7 drops, but still same chest rewards just like standard versions, and no short-cuts.
    so, that way, some players want challenging runs and other dont want hardmodes. both types of players wins and get what they wants.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Balance PVP !
    just deactivate:
    1. every weapon and armorenchant or tone the effect drastically down
    2. every compagnion active bonus
    3. every mount bonus
    4. deactivate glyphs
    5. implement a cc immunity interval, like after beeing cc´d you are immun to cc effect´s
    6. rethink the disbalance of classes GF...highest burst damage? and much more
    7. rework OP and his broken feats and trees in every aspect, thats a E- what you implemented in mod 6
    8. test things before going live !!!!

a clear cut is needed and since you can´t fix these gazillion bugs deactivate that HAMSTER in PVP, so you will have more player to contest
    edited October 2015
    1. rAD should be provided through questing too
    2. bug fixing
    3. daily quests should reward more XP
    adding one more active companion slot to a character at level 60 and level 70.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • conwiz999conwiz999 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Craigmire Crypts should be level 19 - 29/39, this putting a level 20 in with level 60-70 in Craigmire Crypts is ridiculous. All the higher levels only use this dungeon to farm AD really fast. The lower level player ends up way behind and gets nothing for drops that they can actually use. AND now that 'kick' is back people are getting kicked because they are too slow, this is B.S!! especially when there is a GWF,TR or SW in the mix because they can go very fast with their dodge and they use it to their advantage to go faster not to dodge.

If level 70s want to farm their AD in Craigmire Crypts then put them with other level 70s. If they have their own group then fine, let the lower level person go with them, its their choice.

PVP should be done by gear score and not by levels. This would make it fair for everyone.

Make better skirmishes after Pit Fight. The level 40 and over are too hard and/or take too long since we now have to grind to get daily AD.
  • zorothegalladezorothegallade Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The main problem of the game? Players aren't rewarded for their efforts. Most of the significant progress in the game is done either by repeatedly playing the same shallow pool of content over and over (and that's what encourages botting, but they keep "fixing" it in ways that don't involve any effort on their party) or by lucking out and getting a rare drop, STILL from the aforementioned shallow pool of content, so that it can be sold and used for a tiny bit of improvement. They keep moving the goalposts and adjust the content difficulty to make it challenging for players who are already full BiS completely HAMSTER over both players who aren't endgame and those who have reached endgame and are doomed to be trampled in PvP and shunned in PvE...
  • fabilaurafabilaura Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Are you guys fixing the stats on the CW's Dragonflight armor set??

For sure those stats are wrong, I think someone typed the stats of some other class when they were inserting the armor in the system (as you did with the names a while back), because there's no combination of the Dragonflight that make CWs better off in Crit and Power (major CWs priorities).

Thanks ^^
  • noqualificationnoqualification Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    fabilaura said:

Are you guys fixing the stats on the CW's Dragonflight armor set??

For sure those stats are wrong, I think someone typed the stats of some other class when they were inserting the armor in the system (as you did with the names a while back), because there's no combination of the Dragonflight that make CWs better off in Crit and Power (major CWs priorities).

Thanks ^^

text
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    What is important for me?

Prizes and reward for playing a game. By playing I mean 5-10 man dungeons/raids/heroics. No horde (40plp) zerg/bot runs as it is nowdays in Well of Dragons and Icewindale.
    Solution for this problem will be to limit number of players in one instance to 20-25.

Dungeons should be more rewarding.
    Nowdays there is no reason to go into any other dungeons except eLoL/VT and eCC. They are quick and easy to complete.
    After you collect T2 set and get enough seals all you want to do is to finish next dungeon (T1 or T2) as quickly as possible (to get extra AD for first two runs in a day). There is no reason to go in eGWD or MC, because rewards are not good enough.
    I'd like to see rewards like GMoP or even SMoP as rewards, refining stones or shards back into (some) dungeon chests.
    Dungeons take time some are quite difficult, requires good group composition to complete and should be rewarded.

Introducing redesigned 'old' dungeons will be most welcome, but be sure you fix all bugs and exploits that were reported so far. I really miss the choice we had before.
    If not, new dungeons with new mechanic will be great. By this I do not mean only bosses with tons of HP, or mass of mobs. Add some floor-puzzle to complete while other party members kite mobs/boss. Ekstra effects of adds surrounding boss as it is in eGWD or Kessel. I like it a lot and I'd like to see more of it in the future.

I'd like to see new system that works similar to the slayer count, but it's for completing dungeons.
    The reward should be an item of your choice as a reward (be it artifact/belt/necklace/any item that may drop there)
    After significant amount of completing specific dungeon (eg. 100) you can finally get you BtC item you wanted.
    It works in similar way in many other games, so it should not be a problem.

I'd like to see more HE in other maps as well. Release of Dragons HE in 'old' zones gave them some life.
    To be sure people will want to get back there, rewards should be updated (Refinig Items will be best choice).
    Every HE drops should be redisgned a bit to reflect how hard it is to complete it.
    Here is a reminder, I'd like to see 20-25 man instances, now this 'zerging' thing is destroying gameplay.

• guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    FIX THE FOUNDRY! There is nothing else to say... it's all been said before.. many, many times. Just look at any of the early publicity and you will see.. the FOUNDRY was the big selling point to this game. Please give it the attention it deserves. I realize that most of you probably don't play games of any type, you're programmers or business people.... so here's a newsflash for you... The foundry is what drew many, many people to this game... it's not like there aren't other games available... there are. You guys have to answer to the shareholders, right? Try explaining to them why you neglected the best part of this game. It may not be a money-maker in and of itself... but it will keep people playing this game... and spending their money... and you guys like money, right?
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    FIX THE FOUNDRY! There is nothing else to say... it's all been said before.. many, many times. Just look at any of the early publicity and you will see.. the FOUNDRY was the big selling point to this game. Please give it the attention it deserves. I realize that most of you probably don't play games of any type, you're programmers or business people.... so here's a newsflash for you... The foundry is what drew many, many people to this game... it's not like there aren't other games available... there are. You guys have to answer to the shareholders, right? Try explaining to them why you neglected the best part of this game. It may not be a money-maker in and of itself... but it will keep people playing this game... and spending their money... and you guys like money, right?

...and you've been given at least a half-dozen VALID, good ways of increasing Zen sales (i.e. "making money") leveraging the foundry. Not to mention the "infinite new content" that players have been begging for for years now.
    It's pretty sad that HUGE international corporations can figure out that "product placement" in movies works - yet you guys can't understand Zen store product placement within the foundry.​​
    Well, this feedback thread was created over 3 months ago.
    Could we get an update on where we are with all the player feedback given here?
    Want to know why?

bugs are still a problem

leadership is a mess since its AD was nerfed. There are 4 hour tasks that give the same or more loot than 24 hour tasks

The shortage of dungeons and skirmishes is a problem. Bring back old dungeons like the clock tower or create several new ones. If you are worried about length of que issues then rotate their availablity by hour, day or week.

leadership should have several (at least three) choices per level. At least one choice should be 24 hours or longer in duration and have appropriate loot rewards for its level and length.

CTAs should have more going on than a single skirmish. Add a few quests to them and perhaps a special dungeon

Also what happened to the patch notes. They have not been updated since september.

agreed

The main problem of the game? Players aren't rewarded for their efforts. Most of the significant progress in the game is done either by repeatedly playing the same shallow pool of content over and over (and that's what encourages botting, but they keep "fixing" it in ways that don't involve any effort on their party) or by lucking out and getting a rare drop, STILL from the aforementioned shallow pool of content, so that it can be sold and used for a tiny bit of improvement. They keep moving the goalposts and adjust the content difficulty to make it challenging for players who are already full BiS completely HAMSTER over both players who aren't endgame and those who have reached endgame and are doomed to be trampled in PvP and shunned in PvE...

this sums up most of the worst aspects of this game quite lucidly
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    do something about oathbounds i understand class balance takes time but this should be a day fix there 3-4x as strong as they should be they all just stack power(healing+ dmg bonus) its HAMSTER
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I saw many good advises, no need for me to repeat them, like needed AD sinks, PVP balance, solo queue added, valuable paragon trees, more AD to earn, rewarding dungeons and old dungeons back and so on, all nice ideas. All i can say, i personally second all.

Let me add my 2 cents in form of 3 not so much disgused issues, which in my eyes are equally game breaking, only thing they just don't stick in our minds at first glance. I must add, i mean them not in an offensive way, just speaking out of my personal experience.

1. Game staff should really clean the game from those elements, who exploit this game since early BETA or launch.

They ruin economy and make other players life hard. A PVE player will see this in AH ruined and by watching LFG or guild reqruitments, where a normal being simply has no place, some dungeon runs or guilds demand a disgusting way of elitism. This is getting pretty intense, cause since the average Joe has nearly no means to earn decent AD, the cards play more in the favor of those, who exploited the game to it's core, are sitting on fortunes and now they dictate the terms, this needs to stop.

PVP is like a coin, either you get decent and sadly most of the time a bit unknowing (in PVP terms - a proper video tutorial is very needed) PUGs with low to medium gear or you get BiS premade teams or bunch of exploiters (just take a look at my thread about pvp's future and take a look at the screenshots). The average behavior of these exploiting individuals runs very deep and they use every exploit, bug, grey zone trick to win a stupid match.

Game staff should really take a look at them and use for once a ban hammer. Ok, not going in to the details, why i too think it's a bit naive for me to expect a clean game, but hey i can at least try to get the word out.

2. CS and Community Management needs to become more active and i would underline the word act. I have never got a decent reply from CS, if i ever got something, it was an automated response or a reponse, which clearly showed the person behind the monitor didn't really read my letter and sometimes the answer was more than laughable.

When i say they need to act, i would like to see those dozens of exploiters i have reported with screenshot evidence, who manipulate big parts of the game, like AH or NCL PVP event or everyday PVP to be addressed. All and i have to say all i have reported are here and bragging in the decent player's face, how they can do it without any real punishment. Those few of them, who got a pitiful 3 day ban are taking this risk happily. Imagine they exploit hundreds of millions of AD, build BiS toons, push their SH in a lightspeed ahead, sell accounts and in game stuff online for RL money and laugh about the legit players. Sad state...

3. I have written this a few times and sorry, if i will repeat myself. Andy @strumslinger you guys should really place two very very needed things into the game.

A ) A private mail system, which directly can reach out to either a Mod, a Dev or a GM, one which is not moderated to the core and one where we could speak openly. This would allow players to report broken or exploited stuff directly and fast to the Devs or to the Mods/in-game GMs. The system should include a verification, so we could see our feedback was really read by someone. (Something similar they use in various sports.)

B ) Last but not least the need for a real and for everybody present GM. Just look what a mess now PVP is since many exploiters see they can do whatever they wish, cause nobody is around. I see a cheater, i make a screenshot and? No use really. CS sends an automated answer, the exploiter goes on and the cycle begins again. Or let's talk about PVE, there are many situations, where a real time present GM would be very needed. I mean one who is visible to all of us you know.

Thank you!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    zebular said:

For me, the most important things are the accuracy and delivery of "Realms Lore" and the viability of the Foundry. The prior of which this game satisfies me greatly. The latter however, I am left feeling neglected and abandoned.

Specific Systems - The Foundry:

This was marketed as a selling point for the game yet after a few months into release, the Foundry has become more and more neglected and seemingly ignored. There are countless bugs that have been compiled and reported many times over, yet we see very little attention placed on the Foundry in regard to both bug fixing and making the system better over-all. A thread was made to gain feedback and in that regard, it has worked perfectly. Alas, we have seen no signs that any of that feedback as been taken into consideration.

There is no real reason for players to do quality foundry missions or even make them. The player rewards are worthless and only short 15-minute quests are considered for the daily. The authoring rewards are nice but are dampened for those who want to make longer quality missions due to the only real player rewards come from doing quick 15 minute missions for the daily.

I was enticed with the making of foundry missions too, and even wanted to re-dreate the famous dugeon
    lair "Tomb of Horrors" for the foundry- I think it would be incredible!!! but alas, you cant have nice drops in it, and what the above quote stated- it doesn't seem feasible for me to spend 100+ hors of time making a bugged deflated version, that isn't worth what you can get out of it/ it would still be a great gungeon delve- but with nothing to offer..
    -kinda like ALL the current dungeons available..
    -please bring back the other dungeons- with drops that make you want to run them... again

• hstartin#5096 hstartin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would like to know why I am rubber banding so much in the beginning area! This is my first time playing Neverwinter and I am a bit sad that I cannot even get through the introduction due to the 5 second lag delay. Please advise!
This discussion has been closed.