What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Not really affect me as my only has 1 character has lv 20 leadership, but it really hurts my friends, and they deciding to leave. If they leave, no more reason for me to play this game as lonely wolf
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This change has SERIOUSLY IRKED the casual player. LOYAL CASUALS are big time spenders in Neverwinter. This is a big error Cryptic.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i dont know what to expect, introducing a daily cap for refining for account would have been the best solution.
    because lets be clear, you want to affect people gains not bots ones. those can farm 1000000 other things and now sell to player for 10000x more since players are not longer able to generate any wealth alone.

well, the point is: the day i will not be able to afford stuffs anymore, i will look for greener gardens
  • Options
    xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    ok... say I want to upgrade all my gear one more rank. lets count the gmops. 5 per artifact, x3 is 15. 2 per enchant (if they are rank 10, so that is two per main and off hand, 4 x2 = 8. and two per jewelry that is 6x2 = 12. one in the belt, shirt and pants, 3 x 2 = 6. So: 15 + 8 + 12 + 6 = 41 now 41 x 100,000 AD = 4,100,000. Now include the Coalescent wards necessary. 3 + 4 + 6 + 3 = 16 ... at roughly 500,000 AD (at 500:1 exchange rate) that is 8,000,000 AD.
    say you found all the other components in questing. That is 12, 100, 000 AD to go from rank 10 to rank 11 . So say you had 0 AD right now. At 24,000 per day it would take 12,100,000 / 24,000 days of max AD game-play.
    that is 504 Days. Which is simply one year and 5 months, or 17 months.
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... how are we supposed to take you seriously? You have given us a ridiculously impossible task. I am not going to play every day for the next year and a half just to get one character's rank 10's to rank 11.... what you are doing is wrong. You are again taking wealth that was EARNED away from players.
    I have spent over $4000 on this game. I take it seriously. I invested significant money into creating a leadership income stream. You are stealing my investment. This is gross mismanagement, I will take my business elsewhere.

Lastly: You should be ashamed for luring people into this with the Dungeons and Dragons name.
  • Options
    what i really cant understand is why dailies need to go
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The MORE time you play, the MORE ALTS YOU WILL LIKELY MAKE.

The MORE ALTS you make, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL LIKELY SPEND OVER TIME.

This change hurts LOYAL CASUAL AND HARDCORE players. It smacks those with multiple alts, in many cases your longest, most loyal players.

People put a LOT OF TIME into Leadership. This is one of the craziest changes I've seen, next to creating a guild mod and then drastically capping the guild size...

There is NOTHING in place to help with the loss of revenue this will represent for good HONEST players of all skill levels, playtimes, and time ranges.

I mean these INCREDIBLY BAD ideas just keep coming....

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Well, didn't read the wole comments putting in after the anouncement ... I personnaly don't have time actually to play the game but i have lots of char, so i use them to make AD via leadership ... i'm nearly at 120k AD per day with 15 char ... with new system if i can have time to play i'll be able to nearly get something like 30K day ... yeah nice ...

Oh btw don't botter already have millions accounts with millions AD on each making them already have billions and billions of AD in stock ? So if you nerf even more AD generation the player will have choice to pay you 100$ for 10000 Zen = roughtly 5M AD ... i think the illegal site sell them lots less ...

Anyway with nex system there will be new bot for them to have 5 char of same level to play some skirmishes or dungeon and still generate far more AD than any player could ... So, before this systeme come in place i need to make use of leadership to the max ...

Btw Leadership was nearly the last way to make AD in the game ... So this change need some compensation : No bound item who can be sell at AH ... With the new anti kick system you can't kick then boss is dead or then an item is voted for so the bound item drop per people is pretty useless now ... Regive no bound item who we can sell and this change will be less agressive ...

BTW the people who have only 1 char will be happy about it, they will gain more AD, people with 2 maybe too ... people with more ? i don't think so ... And char emplacement cost zen to buy ... so they payed for char who will become useless ... My 14 other char than my main will just be pray guy for trying to get coal ... (I wanted to have 1 char of each class for knowing how they are played and knowing what i could expect from average player from this class ... the other i have created them for AD via leadership ... and now that they are leadership 14 (still not much AD generatin from them) it will be nerf ... Well i'll delete them one day then ...)

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

i dont know what to expect, introducing a daily cap for refining for account would have been the best solution.
    because lets be clear, you want to affect people gains not bots ones. those can farm 1000000 other things and now sell to player for 10000x more since players are not longer able to generate any wealth alone.

This would actually have been a better idea.
    rayrdan said:

well, the point is: the day i will not be able to afford stuffs anymore, i will look for greener gardens

...many will. Mostly longterm players. Diehards, newcomers, very-casuals, and meh-so-what-the-story-is-still-fun players will remain. Some of the well geared myight come in for some fun eezee button mashing every now and then.

Will these generate that coveted income C craves for so much? I frankly doubt it.
  • Options
    frosticheartfrosticheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    OK, I can whine with the best of thembut -

Let us try giving the Developers suggestions.

How do the companies that RUN WoW, EQ1+2, UO, DDO, and other major long established MMO's prevent problems with gold spammers, currency bots, and economic problems.

There has to be ways to stop these. I have played most of the above and I don't remember any of these on EQ1+2 and DDO. I do remember these problems asian company games that i tried (but not for long).

We Gamers are a diverse and intelligent group. Give the Developers intelligent, feasable and financially sensable suggestions.
  • Options
    anaria65anaria65 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I do leadership with 6 chars, and have thereby a weekly income of about 600.000 ADs, sometimes more sometimes less. Now with removed leadership and forced to earn ADs in an endless dull dungeon/skrimish grinding for hours and hours and hours every single day, I will be cut down to an income of around 100.000 ADs, because neither do I have the time to run several dungeons/skrimishes every evening, nor do I have the masochistic touch to do so.

This is a direct hit on all longtime players, which are obviously meanwhile unwanted players in this phase of the game.
    Every longtime player has some twinks (up to a small army) with leadership producing an ongoing steady income of ADs, which allows them mostly to avoid buying ZEN for reallife money. But exactly these players are the most expensive customer group, crying always for more and new content. Regardless the time and money we spent in the past, now we are a nothing more than a burden in Cryptics mind. So hey, just lets get rid of them!

Well, as for myself I can say, you have been successfull with your intention. Playing Neverwinter since 2 years now, I choked every so called "improvement", even the slaughter on 80% of the content. But now the end of my road has come. This is a pill I refuse to swallow.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    goatshark said:

Yes. We always reward Rough Astral Diamonds. The daily processing cap is still there and has not changed.

Will the progression cost come down? If not, this is a killing blow for many small and medium sized guilds in this game... and many many players.

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    odelle12 said:

If you don't agree with this change then vote with your wallet this weekend and DON'T buy zen !

They only care about their pocket its been made very clear over the past few months especially.

THIS guys!

It's just amazing that Cryptic is giving a charge bonus after so much HAMSTER they've put over our heads.
    I really can't believe it lol !

They say they're listening, well no! they're not, they're reacting on our actions so you want to force them to use their brains? DON'T TAKE THE BAIT! don't buy ZEN, show them we do not agree.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    welcome back pvp boting :)

player want AD not RAD but they don't want to give us this !! so players search system to do that as much as possible and this why there profession leadership bot.
    if you come back with the M1 to M4 modules plazyer can sell in AH drop stuff in DD perhaps you can save some people.

but with this lot of people leave the game.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited September 2015

OK, I can whine with the best of thembut -

Let us try giving the Developers suggestions.

How do the companies that RUN WoW, EQ1+2, UO, DDO, and other major long established MMO's prevent problems with gold spammers, currency bots, and economic problems.

There has to be ways to stop these. I have played most of the above and I don't remember any of these on EQ1+2 and DDO. I do remember these problems asian company games that i tried (but not for long).

We Gamers are a diverse and intelligent group. Give the Developers intelligent, feasable and financially sensable suggestions.

There is more then enough player feedback in the feedback forum, all the Devs have to do is actually start listening.
    But as we can see from this thread and the feedback forum, they just ignore all the players feedback.

And it's really simple how to deal with botters, they need real GMs ingame doing their job.
    But that would cost them some money, and therefore they ignore that suggestion.

Instead they just try to force the players to play the game their way.
    They introduce grind, and they introduce ways to lessen the grind through the ZEN shop.
    Any "deviation" from that path through the players will be "corrected" through patches.

Just look at all those decisions being made to "fight" botters.
    Nothing has stopped the botters, and only the normal players were hurt over and over again in the end.
    And this new [censored] will be just more of the same [censored], that the players allready have to deal with.

At the end of next week, i will be really surprised if there're still around 1-2k players left playing the game.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    bilitheaxe66bilitheaxe66 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    This change, on top of the VIP system, does nothing more than punish the legit players and enables those who sell AD for RL cash to profit excessively...while increasing the number of bots we will see. Anyone who does not realize that those who sell AD are already abusing the VIP system are hiding their heads in the sand. The dishonesty of the rationale to make these changes sticks in my craw more than anything else.
  • Options
    leave leadership alone and introduce a daily account cap for refining.
    100k seems spot on.
    no need to reduce prices or messing up with the playerbase.
  • Options
    aquarius79aquarius79 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Black Desert in europe soon so goodbye Bug(lag)winter. Thanks to devs for helping me quit this game, really.
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Glad i paid for vip, so I can have the benefits butchered 3 weeks later
  • Options
    mikeofarcmikeofarc Member Posts: 36 Arc User

The MORE time you play, the MORE ALTS YOU WILL LIKELY MAKE.

The MORE ALTS you make, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL LIKELY SPEND OVER TIME.

This change hurts LOYAL CASUAL AND HARDCORE players. It smacks those with multiple alts, in many cases your longest, most loyal players.

People put a LOT OF TIME into Leadership. This is one of the craziest changes I've seen, next to creating a guild mod and then drastically capping the guild size...

There is NOTHING in place to help with the loss of revenue this will represent for good HONEST players of all skill levels, playtimes, and time ranges.

I mean these INCREDIBLY BAD ideas just keep coming....

Exactly!

In fact, I've never played an MMO in the last sixteen years or so in which alts were pretty much such a necessity.

Progression is so painfully slow and costly on main characters, that you essentially need alts to prop them up with a steady AD income.

What will happen now? I can't honestly see many players logging in multiple alts each days to mindlessly grind normal Temple of the Spider and the Dread Legion. The minimal amount of AD from Invoking makes logging in multiple characters six times a day on a timed schedule a serious chore with minimal reward.

What else is there? Killing Leadership will kill Professions. Killing Professions will kill alts. Killing alts will seriously impact the amount people spend on the game I'd imagine?

Let's say that's the plan though. If the developers want people to just focus on playing one character, they need to look at the massive costs involved in refining and upgrading and what incentive regular players have to participate in that huge grind. Let's remember this is supposed to be about fun and entertainment, and not a second - or first in some cases - career!
  • Options
    odelle12 said:

If you don't agree with this change then vote with your wallet this weekend and DON'T buy zen !

They only care about their pocket its been made very clear over the past few months especially.

odelle12 said:

misclicked

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    googlymoogly22googlymoogly22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    It would be fine if the devs replaced leadership with a way of making AD
    rayrdan said:

leave leadership alone and introduce a daily account cap for refining.
    100k seems spot on.
    no need to reduce prices or messing up with the playerbase.

Removing leadership is fine, giving us chump-change to earn by "playing the game" is not. If they plan to see this through they need to add ways to make significant AD (100k+ per day, much like the castle never days), otherwise it's game over; everyone leaves.
  • Options
    That's not going to happen.

Just imagine all the botters with thousands of accounts being able to make 100k instead of just 48k AD per day.
    Unless they start fighting botters with real GMs, any change will only help the botters and hurt the normal players.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    After reading through all of this...and taking some time to think about it.
    All of this will be much easier to swallow if all costs needed to play/progress/enjoy the game are reduced, and reduced by a lot.
    Prices we see now are a result of huge inflation caused by printing AD - I do believe we all agree on this.

Even if the poor guys will be making less, they still need less to buy the needed HAMSTER.
    Who cares if the whales have millions of AD's? they will not sell anything if noone will have the money to pay them.

I'm not applauding the change, it's a crazy move to say the least. And really painful for new players.

I'm not gona say anything about bots. I said it many times even in this thread. If Cryptic would want to end the bots marathon in Neverwinter, they would do it a long time ago.

Let's dream about the game w/o bots for a while shall we?

Now that's a shock to the company graphs...from 4k active accounts, they would see probably something around 1k actual players :#

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    lairdbansheelairdbanshee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'd rather take double the time to perform my Leadership tasks, navigating a Capcha like every good human does for each one, rather than NOT BEING ABLE TO RECEIVE ADs FROM LEADERSHIP AT ALL.

Seriously, how difficult would installing a Capcha for each AD-generating task be?

As it stands now, my small guild is ABSOLUTELY SCREWED. We are all 9-to-5 professionals who play multiple games and don't have time to run 2 dungeons, two skirmishes and (especially) 2 PVP slaughters per toon ON TOP OF PLAYING FOR OUR STRONGHOLD.

Of all the decisions that have pissed me off with this game, this one is the WORST! Do you ENJOY shoving a middle-finger in my face (you know, like goatshark's avatar's does)? Do you get perverse delight in it?

Listen To AAndre!! He Has Had The Pulse Of The Casual Gamer For YEARS!!
    Post edited by lairdbanshee on
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User

You have to invest the greatest commodity of all into leadership before it becomes remotely profitable...time, and lots of it.

And again technically all crafting is the same actions...set it and forget it, not really playing by the new definition of playing, so why can one be profitable and not the other?

Because one was abused and the other was not. There is virtually no time investment in professions by your own admission (set it and forget it). Even if you have leadership army (verified this years ago with those who made fortunes in AD from them), it only takes what, 30 minutes twice a day to set it, forget it, and collect AD? That's a tiny resource in time compared to actually playing the game and EARNING resources, which is what other folks have to do because they don't abuse the system. Certainly, some professions could be more profitable than others, and you can still use professions to generate AD! The whining entitled folks that complain on here is because now they must actually invest time to make AD with some effort instead of just automatically generating it every day. Boo hoo. I have no sympathy when many of us invested time actually playing the game as it was intended.

Besides, folks are completely ignoring the huge benefits that have already resulted from the mere announcement of this change! The Zen backlog in the exchange is GONE. The price on Zen through the exchange is dropping like a rock. I did the whales a favor by paying 500AD per Zen and bought it for the first time. I could have saved myself thousands if I'd waited just 8 hours until this morning but now folks who have scraped and saved by playing the game for AD will finally get to have some taste of the Zen shop. Prices on commodities through the auction house are dropping as well and they haven't even adjusted the prices in the Bazaar or any of the in-game shops.

Personally, I think it's insane to even allow a conversion from free currency to semi-hard currency, but the VIP program is awesome for everyone. Don't worry, all you folks with leadership armies will still have methods to make AD, but now you'll actually have to work for it like everyone else instead of having your mules do it for you. You'll have to sack up and play the game like normal players.

Pugged a dungeon last night. Got yelled at but still got my AD. Can't win em all.

And now, I must return to crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Just as stated: STOP BUYING ZEN! until they rewind this change.
    The devs are delusional about their own game… "increasing AD income for most players significantly" … as like 5k more AD are significant if a BiS char cost around 200.000.000 ad LOOL.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Let's face it, the real reason for this is, that they want players to spend more money in the ZEN shop.
    Plain and simple.

"Leadership armies" were never a real problem, just take a look at the ZAX... nearly 5m AD backlog gone within a day.
    If they give at least one 2xRP event per months, and shovel in some new artiact equipment and armor/weapon enchantments every now and then, that would keep the wheels turning for a long time too.

ZEN doesn't just appear out of the blue sky, it is bought by other players, in return they get AD - overall it's a fair deal.

While botters on the other hand, try to get money for AD directly... and you would think, that Cryptic/PWE would actually really take actions against botters, since those are cutting into their profit directly.

But no.

Instead we just see another change that is doing nothing to the botters, and only manages to cut again into the ability to earn AD legit for the normal player.

The feedback forums are filled with a lot of good ideas... and the Devs ignored them all.
    It's like talking to a wall.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    feebelmindedfeebelminded Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    To remove rough AD from Leadership is Bad Idea. Making rough AD with leadership has been in the game from the beginning. How can you justify taking this away because you are not smart enough to stop the bots? How will you compensate all the people that have spent months leveling leadership to make rough AD?

I have been playing this game for over two years and this is the first Change that has really pissed me off!!!!!!

I actually may stop playing.
  • Options
    kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    This is going to be interesting to see if they can maintain a stable economy. Right now the market is in a bubble due to the 2X Refi weekend. Profits should be taken as much as possible...the market crash comes next Thursday. Grab the popcorn because many players don't keep up with the changes and it will hit like a storm Thursday and I believe a lot of people leave the game in droves.

What's sad is the value of the enchants and such that my toons employ now and after this weekend will be like the Housing bubble that burst in the states in 2008. All unbound assets will slowly erode to game depression levels. If anyone stays, you'll have to either take a loss in changing anything or accept what you have.

If Cryptic decides to go back to the old style of Bound on Equip and have a free market...then the game's economy should stabilize at some point.

Will be very interesting to see.

In the end, I think my wife finally wins...

This discussion has been closed.