test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• feebelmindedfeebelminded Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    To remove rough AD from Leadership is Bad Idea. Making rough AD with leadership has been in the game from the beginning. How can you justify taking this away because you are not smart enough to stop the bots? How will you compensate all the people that have spent months leveling leadership to make rough AD?

I have been playing this game for over two years and this is the first Change that has really pissed me off!!!!!!

I actually may stop playing.
  • kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    This is going to be interesting to see if they can maintain a stable economy. Right now the market is in a bubble due to the 2X Refi weekend. Profits should be taken as much as possible...the market crash comes next Thursday. Grab the popcorn because many players don't keep up with the changes and it will hit like a storm Thursday and I believe a lot of people leave the game in droves.

What's sad is the value of the enchants and such that my toons employ now and after this weekend will be like the Housing bubble that burst in the states in 2008. All unbound assets will slowly erode to game depression levels. If anyone stays, you'll have to either take a loss in changing anything or accept what you have.

If Cryptic decides to go back to the old style of Bound on Equip and have a free market...then the game's economy should stabilize at some point.

Will be very interesting to see.

In the end, I think my wife finally wins...

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    kromryl said:

In the end, I think my wife finally wins...

Yeah, they're always right, right?
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • zorothegalladezorothegallade Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well, my whole guild (50+ people) is leaving. When you're down to 2-3k players, even a number like that leaves an impact...eventually the only ones that will stick with the game will be the players that gain satisfaction from being a big fish in a small tank...being the top tier in a shallow game with very little content where the only limit is your willingness to repeat the same tasks again and again.

The saddest thing is the 3-4 people who camp in PE and start trash-talking anyone who speaks of the update. And go at it for hours, as if they had nothing better to do.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Ok so this is GOING to be reversed right Cryptic? Because this is OBVIOUSLY going TERRIBLY. Im counting 27 pages already in less then 48 hours.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Ok so this is GOING to be reversed right Cryptic? Because this is OBVIOUSLY going TERRIBLY. Im counting 27 pages already in less then 48 hours.

Oh I know that of course. Once on Preview it goes live. However, it takes just ONE meeting to reverse it.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I can only hope too mate, this is really ridicolous. Altho sadly Cryptic tends too act first and think about the consequences later, in about 6 months (Mod 6), when most of it's players are gone.

It really doesn't take even a mediocre economist to predict this as game killer. A game that was/is based around the AD and follows a "border" f2p model since it's beginnings, simply takes away the only legit way of earning in game currency , making on of the biggest professions and the toons associated around it now completely useless, bah... Sorry, but it's bound to be a failure.

I am sick, i have lost since about Mod 4 most of my friends since ongoing bad decisions by suits and Devs, then came the tsunami with Mod 6 and all of sudden guilds died, players left by thousands and many of the remaining guilds were about to get a hold again, now this?! Plain suicide.

And this with a DnD game, ouch ouch...

Russian roulette has more chances of winning, than this dear Cryptic!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• gogogidgogogid Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2015
    Just logged after a week vacation to see Guild message of the day with link to the astral diamond changes on forum and some profanity aimed at cryptic.
    The sad part was that after this message there was also a farewell and about half my guild including my 2 year officer friends have left it and moved to blade&soul.
    Now I have no friends to play with in Neverwinter.Other guildmates left too.
    Add me ingame I'm giving my last 10 gmops to whoever adds me first.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i hope we will see Scott in the next 6 months here posting again

if someone from cryptic read this thread, they must be shocked how low faith players have with them. So Cryptic, move on finally
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Look at what happened with mod 6: they were warned THREE MONTHS in advance that the multiple survivability nerfs would infuriate almost everyone. Did they listen? Of course not. Will they listen now? Take a wild guess.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    vinceent1 said:

He chose a chaotic evil avatar who is flipping people off..who knows what this one will do.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

if someone from cryptic read this thread, they must be shocked how low faith players have with them. So Cryptic, move on finally

I hope we'll see any posts at all by anybody here in six months. Not so sure about that...
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i just find this on preview forum, this is unbearable ---

panderus said: Yes, the majority of rare tasks kept their AD.

"player" : So bots can now adjust their scripts to check for rare AD tasks once an hour and concentrate on running those?

Bots will happily take advantage of that and have a constant AD income from Leadership which no legit player can compete with.

Well, now I'm even less inclined to believe the anti-bot talk.

cryptic :|
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I really like to know how Cryptic pulls an idea out of their hole, decides to put it live without any long term plan or goal, other than "I think this will stop bots and get people to buy more zen". You guys haven't even thought out anything on how legit players will generate AD and afford goods at a set price, other than "We'll do it now and figure it all out later". Later being NEVER.

How is it any fun doing the same motions over and over. Grind one of the 3 epic dungeons, most likely eToS since it's the easiest and the same 4 skirmishes but more like 1 (KR) until we want to cry, to make a small handful of AD.

I started this game during the height of the AD exploit. Everything was expensive, as a new player I couldn't afford anything. Some how I managed to save enough AD to afford a chest and weapon enchant. That at least got me a foot hold and since then, I started making alts to play, as I cycled through each class, leadership became a by-product, and thus giving me extra income. Now that I start to feel I am in a comfortable place with AD income and that I can start to splurge on things in the game, YOU are pulling the rug out from under my feet. I feel like you are taking us back to the height of the AD exploit, where the poor will get poorer and the rich will only get richer. The bank savings will only last for so long.

Thanks for taking out any fun that was left in this game.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • sifudragonussifudragonus Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Okay people you need to calm down. It sounds so much worse than it actually is.

You get less AD. YES.
    The AD you get will skyrocket in Value. YES.
    Prices will DROP so that players can afford the items. YES.

A mount wont cost 4m AD in AH because nobody will be able to buy it and then the seller wont get his AD. So he will lower the price far enough so people can afford it. So instead of 4m maybe it will cost 400k. This wont happen over a night, but I think this is the long term goal.

And I think they will adjust all vendor/zen prices after time.

I love when people understand how economies work and understand that currency, like any other object, has a supply and demand value attached to it. :)
    I agree with you that over time the market will correct. I just wish Cryptic would consider lowering prices at the Wondrous Bazaar at rollout. I for one don't want to wait 8-12 weeks for the data to come back before prices are adjusted. It puts my characters on hold to progress because of the steep GMOPS and Coalescent Wards prices. If they don't quickly address that pricing I and many others will move on to other games rather than wait.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    They are probably waiting for ad to accomodate to the new system and become more scarce before doing the changes, but people would get much less frustrated if they did the changes at the same time.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rich776rich776 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    well the end of the game is official now people will leave as i predicted and i predicted they would nerf the astral so now the economy will crash in the game no one will play any more because they will not spend thounsands of dollars on a game that has gone to HAMSTER because cryptic scrued up again at least they can't touch sto and mess that up sto is doing better than here it is what it is may never winter rest in peace soon they have finally drove away enough players because i fight thr same guild in pvp not like before you could play different guilds but when stong hold pvp comes out you will see the not ot many people with new guilds will play
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    zebular said:

I did not compare anything. I simply stated that the change allows to me to play the game and earn AD instead of being sucked into working a leadership army. Of course I'll be making less AD, but that doesn't matter because I was making way more than I needed anyway (I could easily bring in 1-2 mil a week). It was a downward-spiral. The more I made, the more I wanted, the more characters I made. Now I'll be able to focus on select characters and still make AD instead of doing nothing but Leadership most of my game time. Relax, you have your opinion, I have mine. No need to attack me for such.

You should have been able to make AD playing the game all along, including with Leadership. I only have two characters, but they used the 17,000 AD they could make Leadership per day, PLUS what little I could derive from playing PVP/Dungeons. On top of that I converted Zen to AD to accomodate all the AD Sinks. This game is not F2P.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Nw is not going to die from this. If champipns online is still alive then any game can do it too lol.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    anim3k said:

Guys is good changes....

WIPE all existing astral diamonds fromt he serwer! no exceptions "THEN":
    Decrease rough diamonds from 24k a day to 5-10k
    Remove Gmops from WB and add into dungeon chest witch 10% chance
    Bring back old dungeons andd better drops into boss or chest
    Add 2% chance for drop Gmops from pvp wining match and max 300 ad per match!

May sound interesting to you, but it is not what is on the table. You are under a delusion.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    So, all my income, geting early at the morning, sleeping latter making professions will be gone because of botters, a bunch of professionals cant make a anti-bot system? Lazy team, just removes and mixes some stuff. The worse part of all this is that bots will flood squirmishes and dungeouns.

• myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The main issue that I have with this change is in relation to the time it would take to reliably make the AD listed from Dungeons, skirmishes and pvp matches. Let's start by looking at Dungeons.

You get 3k diamonds for the first 2 matches, which is the same as the daily quest, without needing to visit the laggy Enclave to get the quest. This part I love. Then you get between 150-750AD per run up to 7200 diamonds. Now let's say you get 500 every run, to get 7000 AD it would take you 14 dungeon runs to get them. If you're low level no problem they are relatively fast, but even still grinding out 16 runs per day is going to get boring really fast.

However if you look at something like Epic Lair of Lostmauth (eLoL) now you're talking an hour per run, if everything goes great and you win the first time everytime. 16 runs at 1hr a piece = 16hrs of gametime.

Now let's look at the skirmishes.

1500 AD for the first 2 skirmishes and then 50-500AD per run up to 7200 diamonds. Again assuming you get 500 AD per run, you're going to need 14 runs of this as well, plus the original 2 bonus ones. 16 runs at 15min per = 4hrs to max the AD from this.

Now lastly we'll look at pvp matches.

2000 AD from the first 2 matches and then 200 to 300 AD per run up to 4800 diamonds. 300 AD goes into 4800 16 times, plus the 2 original bonus matches = 18 runs. At 15 minutes each this runs you 4.5 hours to max this out.

Now if we put all that together, you have 16 hrs from Dungeons, 4hrs from Skirmishes and 4 hrs from PvP matches.

That's 24hrs a day you'd have to be playing just to max out your diamonds each day...

Also surprise surprise, nothing like this was done or even mentioned to replace the missing Foundry daily, adding bonus AD for completeing daily reward qualified Foundry quests would go a long way to making people actually want to play them again.

@strumslinger
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited September 2015

So, all my income, geting early at the morning, sleeping latter making professions will be gone because of botters, a bunch of professionals cant make a anti-bot system? Lazy team, just removes and mixes some stuff. The worse part of all this is that bots will flood squirmishes and dungeouns.

This was and is not about bots at all, they are only a cover up word for greedy company behaviour and they wish us to pay for their failures going back to the early days and which reached it's peak in Mod 6.

I am since long advocating a 3rd party software again bots, if it really would be the source, but we all know, it isn't. This story about bots is only to blind some of the uber naive people out there. The software i talk about should make no head aches either to build or to supervise by skilled IT professionals and it works with a nearly 100% success rate.

BUT this change again has zero to do with bots. Bots are just a word to pick up and rub into the face of people. If this change would have just a 1% to do with bots, they would have long made or licensed such a surveillance program. Do they, did they? NO.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited September 2015
    ONE GUILDIE'S SUGGESTION: (Fay Redlocks)

I think the first thing they need to do is find some way to compensate those who've invested in the Leadership profession. The "while no longer a major source of AD, is still a good source for XP, Gold, and loot items" comment has probably annoyed many who've invested a lot of time and money into Leadership on multiple characters, solely for AD. They need to replace AD with something meaningful that players need as much as currency.

How they can do that without it being as exploitable by botters as AD... I don't know.

Secondly, they need to either:

A) Provide lot's of other means of earning AD through regular Campaign Dailies, Heroic Encounters, regular farming, etc. to give people more choices as to how they spend their gaming time.

B) Vastly reduce in-game prices for commonly needed AD items, and increase the supply of valuable items such as GMoPs so that the price comes down on the auction house.

Having big AD sinks to stimulate the Zen Exchange is good, but only for large cosmetic stuff such as race unlocks. Having GMoPs etc. out of the reach of regular players isn't good for the game, especially when they're pretty essential for getting to a sufficient level for epics.

ANOTHER GREAT GUILDIE SUGGESTION: (Legolos)

Like alchemy can spend a week making unified elements, let leadership create marks of potency. Level 10 can make lesser, level 18 makes standard, and level 25 can make the greater. That would help us out a bit. Keep our toons on an even keel.

• therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Having had a few days to let this all sink in and getting my head clear....

True, I lost 20 bucks, 1mill AD, and 200 gaming hours on leadership toons. Had cryptic not made this change, I would have been pulling 170k/day, gotten max VIP eventually and never paid a dime of real money. Very true.

But cryptic, there is a flip side. You just 'taking away' my ability to play and improve my character without paying real money is not going to inspire me to give you any real money either!

You have too many 'other problems':
    • Your game is laggy/buggy, skill-x not working, server lags/disconnects, etc.
    • PvP is insanely imbalanced and too sensitive to gear. This killing of player advancement is only going to 'lock' everyone in to where they are right now. The BiS peeps will not get any real competition (leading to boredom I would imagine), the middle-level people (like me around 2700) will not be able to advance, and the low-level people will simply never pvp. Expect queue times to increase.
    • You keep removing 'content' and things to do in the game, dungeons, turning campaigns into lvl-70 repeats.
    • Where the H is the foundry editor? The idea of letting users creating content could possibly have led to interesting things to do, where is it?
    • Strongholds killed the small guilds and solo peeps, and I predict Stronghold-pvp is going to see the mid-level guilds get waxed by the bis pvp guilds... here it comes
    • Dungeon difficulty (what ones there are) is through the roof. How are new players going to even get there? spend money? There are too many other games in the world to play... I can't see that happening to any great degree
    F2P feeds on HOPE. By plugging up the free part, you are killing that. F2P makes money on 'time-saving' purchases, where is that? If you had taken away ad from leadership, and ALSO added a zen market purchase to maybe get half the AD on let's say 20 toons max, that might have made a little sense I guess. But no. You are just doing knee-jerk reactions, no real thought put into it (like the new 1-day 500xp task vs. the 4-hour 1500xp task on preview). It looks like you guys are just in way over your head; spinning out of control. The 'hope' (however small and perhaps wrong) that I had of being somewhat competitive and being able to do some 'new hard things' is what inspired me to give you some real money in the first place.

If you want to be a F2P game, you are doing it all wrong. If you want to be a 'subscription-game', then just do it already! I 'might' play that...
  • abeodesee72abeodesee72 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    The AD changes in skirmishes/dungeons, nice idea but is the daily limit still 24000 raw AD ?

should be more skirmishes/dungeons to choose from i think, so folk dont get bored of the same ones

group content should be more accessible for friends also, smaller groups than stated

what about seals of elements and seals of the protector ? more sources for them to, i think is needed
  • googlymoogly22googlymoogly22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    regenerde said:

That's not going to happen.

Just imagine all the botters with thousands of accounts being able to make 100k instead of just 48k AD per day.
    Unless they start fighting botters with real GMs, any change will only help the botters and hurt the normal players.

Incorrect, they could limit it to T2 dungeons, the majority of botters are farming RP; easy money.

• tangarstroritangarstrori Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Those who leave this game, you can send me your items in the game via mail to strori@tangarstrori B)
  • zorothegalladezorothegallade Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Cryptic drove itself into a Catch-22 like a drunk driver with three friends constantly screaming at him to pull over while he angrily slurs that he is perfectly sober.

Right now, either they implement these changes and ruin the game forever, prompting players to leave, or...go back on their plans and cancel the whole deal, which still doesn't prove anything except that it takes a huge chunk of the player base pushing tons of feedback and saying basically what they've been telling the devs all along to provide any change. And even after that, they will just go a roundabout way about that and nerf some other aspect of game progression to goad the few that still find it worth it to spend money on the game to spend more on items that become more and more necessary to become a competitive player.
This discussion has been closed.