What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Did servers just die?

Comments

• Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Techs have been alerted to the issue and they are working on it. Please stand by.

Thank you for staying online and updating the forums in a timely fashion. Major kudos for what it's worth!
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    kalindra wrote: »
    These infrastructure has to be famous for it's fragility...
    ...can anybody remember a system with more downtime than this?

Yes, WoW's servers every time around an expansion launch.

Absolutely. If you were smart, you just didn't even try to log in for about 12 hours after a patch. Or for the first 3 days of an expansion. And they would have to take down servers 3 or 4 times to hotfix after every major patch.

I remember when the servers were all down for the better part of a week. I believe that was the first time an MMO issued free playtime as compensation for an outage.

And it's not just WoW. There were months during the early days of CoH when they had to do rolling restarts of all their servers every single morning to avoid crashes during the day. You could sit at server selection and watch each world turn red then green again moving down the list in order. You just waited for it to pass your server by before logging in.

If anyone things that these outages are really beyond the norm, then I'm afraid they have been very fortunate to avoid them by happy accidents or they just haven't really played that many MMOs.​​
  • Options
    daohordaohor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Update: The shard will be up momentarily. Please stand by. Thank you.

You da (wo)man! Keeping cool under such heat. Have brew on me if we meet at a tavern.

To all others, keep calm and relax its not like its gonna brake youre day or anything, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens and look at the fun we had here on the boards aswell while waiting.

• Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    beck54 wrote: »
    Emergency Maint to give us back our pvp gear.

maybe haps we got exrta super duper boost all struff for stronkholes... BTW, happy to hear they are working on it, ;)

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User

Did you try jiggling the handle?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    [Removed moderated quote.

This.

I would very much like to see the numbers for USA and the rest of the world playing this game. I doubt very much that the Yanks are the majority of the playerbase. Give us another server already! Please?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    zemnodzemnod Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Thanking the devs for allowing me to go for a bath

Lmao I was just thinking the same
    Petrichor DC - Ailora GWF - Zemnod TR - Petrisalt HR - Vailana CW - Seline OP
    <Saints of Hope>
  • Options
    darksheeredarksheere Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What other MMORPG's do everyone here play?
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    the other games and shards are up its just dragon if they do a full server restart they will have to warn other games and shards first with anouncements/have ppl from those teams there. i wonder if all that missing influence that never made it to ppls inventorys caused some kind of shard specific leak :P
    ps playing on preveiw if anyone just has to have a fix its still up
  • Options
    nwpilgrimnwpilgrim Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Doesn't anyone ever read the thread before posting the same question that has been answered at least 3 times now?

Yeah i apologize for not considering replies like this an actual answers:
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    There are reports that a horde of goblins launched a Saturday morning surprise attack on the servers.

Boo had to jump of his wheel in an effort to defend the server room, while we try to rouse Minsc.

Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.

Please stay tuned for an official announcement.

Perhaps it's time i finally lower my expectations to the level of their professionalism.

sigh..

CVA49Iw.gif
  • Options
    joahalexjoahalex Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    bhurab wrote: »
    A healthy supply of coffee should be delivered, pronto! ;-)

Is the coffee for us or them???!!! :D

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    beck54 wrote: »
    Emergency Maint to give us back our pvp gear.
    Lol they're not going to give you back an exploit.
  • Options
    jrborbajrborba Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Isnt there any SLA from your service providers so you can tell us the standard ETA for this type of problems?
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    The Interns!
  • Options
    fredderickjcfredderickjc Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    revan06100 wrote: »
    So now you remove constructive critisizing ? well done guys !

lmfao
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    A small group of players around the world with the phone number to someone who can actually fix this stuff would be helpful!!
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    darksheere wrote: »
    What other MMORPG's do everyone here play?
    lol were not allowed to say here dark against terms of use apart from maybe mentioning startrek champions and the other PWE franchises

• Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    its been like 20 mins lol

Yeah and it could be a lot longer. It isn't like rebooting your home pc.

Yup. Even if they know exactly which one(s) of the dozens or hundreds of physical servers to reboot, it takes longer than 20 minutes for a server to restart. It might take 10 minutes or more just to shutdown properly.​​
  • Options
    solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    nwpilgrim wrote: »
    Perhaps it's time i finally lower my expectations to the level of their professionalism.

sigh..

On the flip side, your super Aztec robo reindeer has crazy bright nipples. So... there is that?

...just sayin'
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Update: The shard will be up momentarily. Please stand by. Thank you.
    tumblr_nlk4dzluBK1s591kmo2_500.gif

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Why ? do we not live in a democracy ? unallow people to say what they think is called despotism. Plus, i haven't insult or disrespected anybody, just said that other moves could have been made by them that could have avoid this.
  • Options
    rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    its been like 20 mins lol

Yeah and it could be a lot longer. It isn't like rebooting your home pc.

Yup. Even if they know exactly which one(s) of the dozens or hundreds of physical servers to reboot, it takes longer than 20 minutes for a server to restart. It might take 10 minutes or more just to shutdown properly.​​

At least we don't have to wait for the shutdown :)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    Why ? do we not live in a democracy ? unallow people to say what they think is called despotism. Plus, i haven't insult or disrespected anybody, just said that other moves could have been made by them that could have avoid this.
    It's not the government doing the censoring. Your argument is invalid.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I don't understand all the hostility towards the moderators... they have nothing to do with the servers being up or down, and they have already stated several times that Cryptic personnel are on-site and working on the issue and that the game should be back up shortly.

This is good news.

This is also a video game. It's not EMS. You're not having a heart attack. It's not pizza delivery with a guaranteed 30 minutes or less.

So I beseech all my fellow players to take a big old chill pill and relax. Yelling at the mods isn't going to get things fixed any faster... you're whipping the wrong horses, as it were.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

While comments are moderation are removed by default, I will tell you that your comment was removed to avoid flaming and trolling. I'm working very fast to try to keep this from happening, and your further comments are adding to my job. Please just chill out, and let me get back to work? Thank you!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nwpilgrimnwpilgrim Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    starbigamo wrote: »
    nwpilgrim wrote: »
    Doesn't anyone ever read the thread before posting the same question that has been answered at least 3 times now?

Yeah i apologize for not considering replies like this an actual answers:
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    There are reports that a horde of goblins launched a Saturday morning surprise attack on the servers.

Boo had to jump of his wheel in an effort to defend the server room, while we try to rouse Minsc.

Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.

Please stay tuned for an official announcement.

sigh..

Why professionals? They have to be paid let just abuse those that work for us for free!!! :)

I was talking abut the company employees, not random players who are voluntarily here to delete spam and profanity forum posts, i know they are just as clueless as you and me. I was asking for an official/actual update from you know, an actual cryptic/pwi employee? Besides i don't see how said moderators are being abused with any of this. Afaik people volunteer for activities they enjoy doing, not the other way around lol.
    CVA49Iw.gif
  • Options
    vmgcostavmgcosta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Go servers Go
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I don't understand all the hostility towards the moderators... they have nothing to do with the servers being up or down, and they have already stated several times that Cryptic personnel are on-site and working on the issue and that the game should be back up shortly.

This is good news.

This is also a video game. It's not EMS. You're not having a heart attack. It's not pizza delivery with a guaranteed 30 minutes or less.

So I beseech all my fellow players to take a big old chill pill and relax. Yelling at the mods isn't going to get things fixed any faster... you're whipping the wrong horses, as it were.

I agree with you 100%.

But I can understand why people might be frustrated that the server has been down for so much during this 2x runestone/enchants weekend.
This discussion has been closed.