What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Did servers just die?

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    However, as I'm on the East Coast of the USA, I am fully awake enough to close threads that are basically spamming the same thing.

You're gonna be busy, it seems.

9c9d552dc2ab652d84db91859a94668c.jpg

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    kalindra wrote: »
    These infrastructure has to be famous for it's fragility...
    ...can anybody remember a system with more downtime than this?

Yes, WoW's servers every time around an expansion launch.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    AvaAva Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It's funny how almost every single event has an issue with the server crashing like this.. The timing couldn't be worse. Is there any ETA on the server coming back online
    It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently.
    -Goku-
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    However, as I'm on the East Coast of the USA, I am fully awake enough to close threads that are basically spamming the same thing.

You're gonna be busy, it seems.

9c9d552dc2ab652d84db91859a94668c.jpg

Aww! Thank you! :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    wulfironshieldwulfironshield Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    "A shard is currently off line. Characters on Dragon will not be listed." (as of 11:22 AM Eastern Standard Time).
    Any hint as to when this will be settled?
  • Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    Looks like Boo found more interesting things to do
    cPm9X.gif
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    zevra22zevra22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    As as software engineer I would expect that there were be someone on call 24/7 to restart servers. That is the norm in the industry for servers that feed a 24/7 set of users. I hope someone has been notified and is working on this. The status should then be posted so that people can get on with their day.
  • Options
    shamikchand8235shamikchand8235 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanking the devs for allowing me to go for a bath
  • Options
    linewenlinewen Member Posts: 4 Arc User

It is like 8 AM on a Saturday in California. A lot of them are probably not awake yet...

Well...maybe it's time you called them and asked them to wake up?
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    kalindra wrote: »
    These infrastructure has to be famous for it's fragility...
    ...can anybody remember a system with more downtime than this?

One would be excused for thinking that with all the problems plaguing NW in general, this is Cryptic's first-ever MMO...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    nwpilgrimnwpilgrim Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    So umm.. is there ETA or at least some kind of announcement to why the game's down again and how long it will take to bring it back up this time? It's been like an hour or so now..
    CVA49Iw.gif
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    zevra22 wrote: »
    As as software engineer I would expect that there were be someone on call 24/7 to restart servers. That is the norm in the industry for servers that feed a 24/7 set of users. I hope someone has been notified and is working on this. The status should then be posted so that people can get on with their day.
    ironzerg79 wrote:
    Plenty of threads about this already. Sit tight, the server wizards have been summoned and are teleporting to the chamber of servers as we speak.
    (Source: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1202289/why-is-the-server-down)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    fredderickjcfredderickjc Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    its been like 20 mins lol
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Doesn't anyone ever read the thread before posting the same question that has been answered at least 3 times now?
  • Options
    markoose55markoose55 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    what time will it work again? i dont see any message with the expected times? thanks
  • Options
    linewen wrote: »

It is like 8 AM on a Saturday in California. A lot of them are probably not awake yet...

Well...maybe it's time you called them and asked them to wake up?

Already sent a text, didn't get reply, that way, but through other channels, I can say - techs have been alerted and working on it.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    atroxmortisatroxmortis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Doesn't anyone ever read the thread before posting the same question that has been answered at least 3 times now?

No, no they do not.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    its been like 20 mins lol

Yeah and it could be a lot longer. It isn't like rebooting your home pc.
  • Options
    bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    A healthy supply of coffee should be delivered, pronto! ;-)
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2015

No, no they do not.
    Why read when can just post frustration notes. ;).

ps. I hope get players online after this extra emergency not planed crashed event. cheers
  • Options
    fredderickjcfredderickjc Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    well if anything i get to laugh at forums today :P
  • Options
    alaskaalaska Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    They have dispatched a level 1 goblin to check on the servers status. He should arrive in 4-5 weeks since he can't afford a horse and has to walk to the servers.

Seriously though, I suspect the servers will be back online imaybe in the next hour or two. Hopefully whoever they host them through didnt just upgrade to the latest vmware release or we wont be back online for several days.
  • Options
    Techs have been alerted to the issue and they are working on it. Please stand by.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    two extra outages so far on double enchant weekend... show me the.... o wait your not
  • Options
    beck54beck54 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Emergency Maint to give us back our pvp gear.
  • Options
    Update: The shard will be up momentarily. Please stand by. Thank you.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    amvek wrote: »
    Nothing on the Facebook page. Anyone check to see what their Twitterhead has to say?

Twitter has nothing as well.
  • Options
    AvaAva Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    two extra outages so far on double enchant weekend... show me the.... o wait your not

They really should extend Double Enchant a day for this. This always happens during events like this. I can't remember a double xp or double rp running without the server going down. Something about the 2x bonus anything. I hate Murphy...
    It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently.
    -Goku-
This discussion has been closed.