test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Did servers just die?

Comments

• godanukisgodanukis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Well atleast we have the esl_csgo finals going on so we are not going to die of boredom until the servers come back(tomorrow) (imsosalty)
    Fuyukai Desu
    tumblr_inline_mkq9inGTYD1ranf0x.jpg
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Says gateway is under going maintnace now earlier it was blank
  • daohordaohor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    imho i think boo was having fun with misses boo in the server room.

Do you think that will end up in the giving birth to Boolians then? ;)
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    darn and i planned to play for the measly two hours I had to play before I go to work QjQ
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    daohor wrote: »

Boolians lMFAO
  • shamikchand8235shamikchand8235 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

True

Boolians kek
    Fuyukai Desu
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Hope zen transfer still working...
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• dragonspirit1969dragonspirit1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

fatguns wrote: »

Boolians lMFAO

It is a matter of time before this game dies all together.. is it time to find a new game to play?? LOL Maybe Boo had to much to drink last night.. seriously though it looks like the server itself needs some beefing up.. there is so much game lag and server issues that it warrants some hefty hardware upgrades.. with all the money we throw at them, they can surly afford it...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Hope zen transfer still working...

I would recommend against trying that at the moment. Not sure if it will work or not.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    but its true most of the people in my guild are from europe and i play from australia and internet bandwidth is cheaper in europe then america last i looked if you put a server some were like holland its cheaper then anywere apart from like korea.
    on the other hand europe has much different laws on what can be in a game(ie gambling/lock boxes) and were tax is payed so it may be impossible to host game in europe with its lockboxes without paying gambling tax or something.
    im not stupid enuff to ask for australian servers as bandwidth costs more here then pretty much any were else in world :P but europe is cheap
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    slicey970x wrote: »
    amazing that they dont even bother mentioning it on social media or on the forums

The North American community staff are off on Saturdays and still likely sleeping as it is 9 AM on the west coast. The European Staff has been busy keeping people updated in their respective forums and media outlets.

And as for the forums, look at all of the effort kreatyve has put into keeping things updated here...
  • alaskaalaska Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yup. Even if they know exactly which one(s) of the dozens or hundreds of physical servers to reboot, it takes longer than 20 minutes for a server to restart. It might take 10 minutes or more just to shutdown properly.​​
    well you can subtract 10 mins from that because its already down but i suspect its a software issue which will mean they need to work out new coding for last patch on the fly, cause preveiw server champions and startrek are all still up

[/quote]

Actually thats not how it works. A typical server farm has a central pain of glass if you will that shows all servers status. Now I don't know how Cryptic is setup so i cant speak to the level of access they might have but i can surmise or guess that they have virtual servers that are hosted say at someplace like google or amazon. The System admins login to a central console and can quickly see what servers are up or down. Granted this doesnt mean you can quickly bring them backup because the server could have crashed for any number of reasons. I would also bet they have alerting setup to let them know when a server crashes. Again this doesnt mean they can immediately bring it back up. Just that they know alot more quickly that its down. And sadly in the world of IT more often than not, the end user knows before the admin that something is broke.

I would really like to know what O.S. the system runs on and what hypervisor it sits on.
  • darksheeredarksheere Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I wish the login screen of the application had a server list, with a up or down status that you could refresh with a button.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    NWO team just can not catch a damn break...
    I feel ya. I went almost 3 months w/o a full day off after a disastrous hardware&software upgrade.
    At-least they didn't go down at 3am like our servers like to.

Good luck, fellas.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    revan06100 wrote: »
    I'm just saying when a company reach a sufficient amount of players, a team should be available to handle any issues 24/7, especially when its international.

And they're currently handling it.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • mr5oulbhmr5oulbh Member Posts: 5 New User
    The server comes back what hour?
    darksheere wrote: »
    I wish the login screen of the application had a server list, with a up or down status that you could refresh with a button.

Agreed 10/10

Fuyukai Desu
    I don´t speak very cool english!!!! Can any say the hour???
  • xedo01xedo01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Not enough people doing boo daily.... just sayin
  • pookieryanpookieryan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The Hour is UNKOWN
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I'm just saying when a company reach a sufficient amount of players, a team should be available to handle any issues 24/7, especially when its international.

Yeah but they shouldn't have to, this is what i've tried to say before my comment was deleted, with a company that big, there should be another dev team in europe making sure that doesn't happen.

pookieryan Tanks man!!!!
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    finishing patch on 8/20 early probably meant they forgot something.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    rodandog wrote: »
    Has always had me wonder how the mods get updates an info so quickly, yet when you try to get game support it takes forever,

During the week we are in contact with the Community Managers. On the weekend it's a bit slower but we were able to contact the European Community Management team and have been getting update from them.

In that regard it is very easy for the developers and staff to give information to a few people to continue to spread that information but it is much slower to answer every single person individually.

In short, we simply have a bit more of a direct communication line on issues which effect all players but can not always replace support to assist in player specific problems. Make sense? :)

Based on the information from our European counterparts it hopefully won't be too much longer but there is no concrete ETA. Sorry but we can only assure you the servers are being worked on frantically and ask for your patience until they come back up.

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I would certainly assume that they do have on-call. But when the platform has been in an outage this long during peak play times (weekends), the ability to rapidly rectify is possibly/probably outside the knowledge-base of the said on-call triage technician(s) and had to be escalated to dev-ops or higher, hence the wait.

I'm a senior escalation PoC (Point of Contact) and it's not like I sit around all weekend waiting for our lv2/3s to call me out of the blue. I'm living my life, so I might need 2 hours just to get home and VPN in to assess the issue(s).
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Well i know whose staing up late tooday <<<<<<< ;)
  • bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It is back online, thanks for sorting it out!
  • saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Being aware of a problem, and being able to resolve the problem, are two different things.
    I don't think being aware of the problem constitutes 'handling it'.

I´m from BR... i study english, but a little... I can read a little and write a little
This discussion has been closed.