test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Did servers just die?

Comments

• joahalexjoahalex Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    bhurab wrote: »
    A healthy supply of coffee should be delivered, pronto! ;-)

Is the coffee for us or them???!!! :D

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    beck54 wrote: »
    Emergency Maint to give us back our pvp gear.
    Lol they're not going to give you back an exploit.
  • jrborbajrborba Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Isnt there any SLA from your service providers so you can tell us the standard ETA for this type of problems?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    The Interns!
  • fredderickjcfredderickjc Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    revan06100 wrote: »
    So now you remove constructive critisizing ? well done guys !

lmfao
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    A small group of players around the world with the phone number to someone who can actually fix this stuff would be helpful!!
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    darksheere wrote: »
    What other MMORPG's do everyone here play?
    lol were not allowed to say here dark against terms of use apart from maybe mentioning startrek champions and the other PWE franchises

• silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    its been like 20 mins lol

Yeah and it could be a lot longer. It isn't like rebooting your home pc.

Yup. Even if they know exactly which one(s) of the dozens or hundreds of physical servers to reboot, it takes longer than 20 minutes for a server to restart. It might take 10 minutes or more just to shutdown properly.​​
  • solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    nwpilgrim wrote: »
    Perhaps it's time i finally lower my expectations to the level of their professionalism.

sigh..

On the flip side, your super Aztec robo reindeer has crazy bright nipples. So... there is that?

...just sayin'
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Update: The shard will be up momentarily. Please stand by. Thank you.
    tumblr_nlk4dzluBK1s591kmo2_500.gif

va8Ru.gif
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Why ? do we not live in a democracy ? unallow people to say what they think is called despotism. Plus, i haven't insult or disrespected anybody, just said that other moves could have been made by them that could have avoid this.
  • rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    its been like 20 mins lol

Yeah and it could be a lot longer. It isn't like rebooting your home pc.

Yup. Even if they know exactly which one(s) of the dozens or hundreds of physical servers to reboot, it takes longer than 20 minutes for a server to restart. It might take 10 minutes or more just to shutdown properly.​​

At least we don't have to wait for the shutdown :)
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    Why ? do we not live in a democracy ? unallow people to say what they think is called despotism. Plus, i haven't insult or disrespected anybody, just said that other moves could have been made by them that could have avoid this.
    It's not the government doing the censoring. Your argument is invalid.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I don't understand all the hostility towards the moderators... they have nothing to do with the servers being up or down, and they have already stated several times that Cryptic personnel are on-site and working on the issue and that the game should be back up shortly.

This is good news.

This is also a video game. It's not EMS. You're not having a heart attack. It's not pizza delivery with a guaranteed 30 minutes or less.

So I beseech all my fellow players to take a big old chill pill and relax. Yelling at the mods isn't going to get things fixed any faster... you're whipping the wrong horses, as it were.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

While comments are moderation are removed by default, I will tell you that your comment was removed to avoid flaming and trolling. I'm working very fast to try to keep this from happening, and your further comments are adding to my job. Please just chill out, and let me get back to work? Thank you!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nwpilgrimnwpilgrim Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    starbigamo wrote: »
    nwpilgrim wrote: »
    Doesn't anyone ever read the thread before posting the same question that has been answered at least 3 times now?

Yeah i apologize for not considering replies like this an actual answers:
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    There are reports that a horde of goblins launched a Saturday morning surprise attack on the servers.

Boo had to jump of his wheel in an effort to defend the server room, while we try to rouse Minsc.

Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.

Please stay tuned for an official announcement.

Perhaps it's time i finally lower my expectations to the level of their professionalism.

sigh..

Why professionals? They have to be paid let just abuse those that work for us for free!!! :)

I was talking abut the company employees, not random players who are voluntarily here to delete spam and profanity forum posts, i know they are just as clueless as you and me. I was asking for an official/actual update from you know, an actual cryptic/pwi employee? Besides i don't see how said moderators are being abused with any of this. Afaik people volunteer for activities they enjoy doing, not the other way around lol.
    CVA49Iw.gif
  • vmgcostavmgcosta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Go servers Go
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I don't understand all the hostility towards the moderators... they have nothing to do with the servers being up or down, and they have already stated several times that Cryptic personnel are on-site and working on the issue and that the game should be back up shortly.

This is good news.

This is also a video game. It's not EMS. You're not having a heart attack. It's not pizza delivery with a guaranteed 30 minutes or less.

So I beseech all my fellow players to take a big old chill pill and relax. Yelling at the mods isn't going to get things fixed any faster... you're whipping the wrong horses, as it were.

I agree with you 100%.

But I can understand why people might be frustrated that the server has been down for so much during this 2x runestone/enchants weekend.
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    This one is from way before even my time but if we're going to have a sing along while the server is down...

"Yes, we have no more server
    We have-no more server today
    We've string beans, and onions
    Cabashes, and scallions,
    And all sorts of fruit and say
    We have an old fashioned tomato
    A Long Island potato
    But yes, we have no more server
    We have no more server today

Yes, we have no more server
    We have no more server today
    Just try those coconuts
    Those walnuts and doughnuts
    There ain't many nuts like they
    We'll sell you two kinds of red herring,
    Dark brown, and ball-bearing
    But yes, we have no more server
    We have no more server today"

• dkheldardkheldar Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I was going to quote a post asking for EU servers... but I can´t find it now (I read it 5 minutes ago). Is it there? Well, +100 for that. There is no problem when we pay early in the morning (in California). But we have all those maintenance hours we loose. Well guys, no problem with that, but... if you say it´s early in the morning in California (so we have to wait), you should not delete a post talking about something a lot of people would like to see. It´s not early in the morning here, you know, it´s 17:30.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Update: They are still working on getting the server up, should not be too much longer. Thank you for your patience.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I agree with you 100%.

But I can understand why people might be frustrated that the server has been down for so much during this 2x runestone/enchants weekend.

Since there wasn't anyone on-site, I imagine this is a case of "doodoo occurs" (ie. not a planned outage). And that's exactly it. Servers go down. Things happen. We are, after all, talking about computers here.

On the other hand, the patch on Thursday fixed a TON of issues. Bravo to the dev team for that.

And 2x enchants being "interrupted". You know as well as I do that if enough people scream about being so sorely "inconvenienced" or "cheated" that they will extend the 2x another day. Or, if not, whatever. A few hours isn't going to kill anyone.

header.png
  • godanukisgodanukis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Fuyukai desu, i was about to win a 3v5 pvp match and suddenly server goes down im.... i-i-i-m so salty right now...
    Fuyukai Desu
    tumblr_inline_mkq9inGTYD1ranf0x.jpg
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yup. Even if they know exactly which one(s) of the dozens or hundreds of physical servers to reboot, it takes longer than 20 minutes for a server to restart. It might take 10 minutes or more just to shutdown properly.​​[/quote]
    well you can subtract 10 mins from that because its already down but i suspect its a software issue which will mean they need to work out new coding for last patch on the fly, cause preveiw server champions and startrek are all still up

kreatyve wrote: »
    Update: They are still working on getting the server up, should not be too much longer. Thank you for your patience.

Sweet. Thanks, @kreatyve.
    header.png
    dkheldar wrote: »
    I was going to quote a post asking for EU servers... but I can´t find it now (I read it 5 minutes ago). Is it there? Well, +100 for that. There is no problem when we pay early in the morning (in California). But we have all those maintenance hours we loose. Well guys, no problem with that, but... if you say it´s early in the morning in California (so we have to wait), you should not delete a post talking about something a lot of people would like to see. It´s not early in the morning here, you know, it´s 17:30.

The European team is working on it, they are all awake and giving me updates. However, they are all posting on the forums of their given languages and not on the English forums.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'M thinking X2 refine rest of the weekend should suffice.
  • mr5oulbhmr5oulbh Member Posts: 5 New User
    Server down on Saturday!!!! :s
  • banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    imho i think boo was having fun with misses boo in the server room.
This discussion has been closed.