test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

Comments

• Options
    gaillodargaillodar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So what was the date this was going to be fixed? I have not been able to play this game for more then a week now. That can't be what they want is it. When will this be sorted?
    It would be good if we were not being kept in the dark. I gave up trying stuff myself after having tried everything so unless you have 'the way' bypass this or the way to fix it I am stuck.
  • Options
    magicmyrtlemagicmyrtle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Still cannot log on. Been trying for over a week now. Have tried all fixes from forum and from PWE nothing working for me. I can load until Neverwinter splash screen but exeGameClient not responding after that.
  • Options
    nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    comon cryptic get thewse fixes going we all want back in game this is bs my guild really needs my help in strongholds its been a week fix the game!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BrownBrown Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    gawd this game is getting to my nerves...I can login (after a long elaborate ritual) but when changing to alts or sometime it crashes. Is this gonna get fixed soon?
  • Options
    dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Still cannot log on. Been trying for over a week now. Have tried all fixes from forum and from PWE nothing working for me. I can load until Neverwinter splash screen but exeGameClient not responding after that.
    same as me...if they dont fix the issue as PROMISE this week, i will uinstall and try another game, because its very very sad; a game that u want to play with friend who call u, and u cant login because a DEV's error, and they just dont send a word about it :/ or even bring back the old version wich WORK and fixes the new on offline.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Crashing to desktop, while trying to log from one character to another, is now happening in every session at least once...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Just crashed twice in dread ring its almost unplayable in there when I use something like potions half time shows I still have it in hand ' got ripped more than 4 times in last week on dungeon rewards list is longer but u get the point please fix something
  • Options
    bartoneds34giibartoneds34gii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I can log on but now the game crashes as soon as I try to expand the window to full screen. Using win 8.1. What the hell is going on? I've only been playing this game for about two weeks and it's been nothing but bugs, glitches and crashes from day one.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Not just Fullscreen is crashing the game, i tried a lot of possible graphic settings and the game is still crashing randomly...
    Trying to play with any settings on "high" is also crashing the game.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    benbradabenbrada Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    And me to list of users who can't get in. Cryptic load screen gets to about half the bar then crashes. Crash reporter takes for ever. I have to force the process to shutdown as well as game client.
  • Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    wish someone would fix this lag
  • Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    wish someone would fix this lag
    any ideas

• Options
    drakenartzdrakenartz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Well looks like it may be a while before a lot of us will be able to play NW again :disappointed:
    Until then I guess it's back to SWTOR for me :P
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I can't believe this still isn't fixed not like I really care anyway since I uninstalled it when Strongholds came out with all this mess, but still....seeing this thread and its posts....I know I did what needed to be done.

At least they timed it right though cause Skyforge is an awesome game! STO is still good too though.

R.I.P NWO
    born 6-20-13
    died 8-11-15
  • Options
    wyval01wyval01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Cannot log in, already the client crashes to desktop or times out (so there's no chance to meddle with the launcher options). Already had to set everything to the bare minimum after mod6, Stronghold resulted in having to set it on constant Safe mode and Force verify...and now, I cannot even log in.
    Good job guys, marvelous incentive for any prospective VIP :)
  • Options
    banedarkshadowbanedarkshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    If you are able to enter in safe mode than while in game change graphic
    settings to normal, works for me.
  • Options
    19/08

any news or nothing yet? any word from Dev's? the sales are boombing at twitter :/
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    dreamppp wrote: »
    19/08

any news or nothing yet? any word from Dev's? the sales are boombing at twitter :/

They are testing a fix on preview right now. Go read the patch notes.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve wrote: »
    dreamppp wrote: »
    19/08

They are testing a fix on preview right now. Go read the patch notes.
    i ill read and pray to go back and play because here still......

DnD-nwn1.jpg

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I can log on but now the game crashes as soon as I try to expand the window to full screen. Using win 8.1. What the hell is going on? I've only been playing this game for about two weeks and it's been nothing but bugs, glitches and crashes from day one.

Maybe this might work for you. If I try to expand the window after the char select screen it crashes, but if I expand and maximize at the char select I have no issues.

Wierd, I know. Shouldnt have to worry about that anyways. Sorry.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    khkokkhkok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Game still crashes during startup screen despite patching......guess its time to move on to another game....disappointment...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Well after downloading the patch I tried to log in and I have encountered the exact same problem. I am not sure how to approach this now.
    I patched tried to log and right when I need to go to character screen it crashes and this is the msg I get.
    http://prntscr.com/86w0xb
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.
  • Options
    I just wonder is this problem fixed for everyone else after patch or not.
    Seems so, because there are not many posts here.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Is this still happening?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    Yes it is driver error still not fixed.
  • Options
    iamtylerhakesiamtylerhakes Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Is this a Neverwinter problem?

I think it may actually be an issue with certain Intel chipsets and a particular Windows update. See: https://communities.intel.com/thread/78173

They just released new driver updates: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm

I was having this issue last night and after downloading and installing the new driver, I was able to get in. I still had a few issues as it seems the new driver updated my intel graphics management software but didn't fully remove the old version. Either way, I was able to get in and play after downloading.
  • Options
    soliloquies75soliloquies75 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Partner still cannot get into game as the 'display driver stopped responding and has recovered'. He's on Windows 10, 64bit with a AMD Radeon HD 7000. No problems with any other sites/games.
  • Options
    My drivers are upto date and I had no issue at all before this mod.
  • Options
    zephyron76zephyron76 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    gaillodar wrote: »
    I just wonder is this problem fixed for everyone else after patch or not.
    Seems so, because there are not many posts here.

Not for me. Same issue as before. I read the patch notes from yesterday Aug 19 2015, and was hoping this was addressed. Its clearly not. Its going on day 9 for me. I guess they are still trying to patch & resolve, but I'm still impatient. I play SWTOR and never had problems with the client. I love that game and NWO is my 2nd game not my 1st. Here's hoping for a resolution ASAP.

NWO:

Began : September 17, 2013

Died: August 11, 2015
This discussion has been closed.