test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Graphics Client Crash Issue

Comments

• Options
    mefxesmefxes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    This is not Win10 issue, driver issue or hardware issue.

This is NW issue. That's it. Please fix.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    nickbitt wrote: »
    kretyve can yuo post link as to where they sadi fix has been found?

I found it! http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/comment/12676957
    We have identified a few causes of this and have some fixes that should help out with some cases where this can happen.

I don't know what issue is specifically causing this for you, but next week will very likely have a resolution for you. If not, please message me with your dxdiag information and we can look into the issue further.

Panderus said they have a possible fix next week. If they don't fix it next week, PM your DXdiag info to Panderus (wait until the patch).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Can someone explain how to find my dxdiag information? Just in case the update doesn't work...
  • Options
    djinnrandjinnran Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    nickbitt wrote: »
    kretyve can yuo post link as to where they sadi fix has been found?

I found it! http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/comment/12676957
    We have identified a few causes of this and have some fixes that should help out with some cases where this can happen.

I don't know what issue is specifically causing this for you, but next week will very likely have a resolution for you. If not, please message me with your dxdiag information and we can look into the issue further.

Panderus said they have a possible fix next week. If they don't fix it next week, PM your DXdiag info to Panderus (wait until the patch).

I went on the thread and the exact cause of the problem wasn't stated. Are they going to release that information or just fix and not tell. From what I can gather, it seemed to be a loop that was happing in relation to the graphics engine. Its the best I can figure out, and I think we deserve to know whats up.
  • Options
    dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Can someone explain how to find my dxdiag information? Just in case the update doesn't work...

• Options
    sidavsidav Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Have this issue since the last patch. Though I do get an alert from windows that the graphics driver has crashed after the cryptic load screen finishes. I can get the command lines above to work and let me into the game but damn is the game looking horrible now. Very pixelated along every edge of everything.
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Okay, a tech from Cryptic helped me get in. He had me do this:
    Hello,

Thanks for the update. Please try downloading the most recent version of your Graphics Driver through here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Once done, please also try running the game in Compatibility Mode. To do this:

Browse to the folder where the game was installed.
    Right-Click on the game executable (Neverwinter.exe) and choose Properties.
    Click on Compatibility tab.
    Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox, choose the Windows 98 or Windows XP option.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Regards,
    JackHammer
    Game Master

Yay! Thanks, JackHammer!

However, once in the game it lags tremendously for a couple of minutes. Then I can play normally for about 20 minutes before it crashes again.
  • Options
    theresnoendbadtheresnoendbad Member Posts: 1 New User
    I found a thread that fixed my client crash like everyone is having, and it was so easy

Game Crashing FIX
    Game constantly crashing on your high end rigg or new system and don't know why?

Direct X 9 must be forced in the games launcher command line.

Open the game launcher
    Navigate to the top right of the launcher and click *OPTIONS*
    Scroll to the bottom and find the COMMAND LINE
    Type in -d3d9 hit save
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    A for effort. Awesome intent to help. However, this command line thing has been known for a few days now. There are two codes even. It's Strumslinger's first post in this very thread. B)
  • Options
    cool1967cool1967 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Since I installed Windows 10 can only play in safe mode. In fact in safe mode could always play without having to do anything else. I will remain so until the problem is solved ... :(
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Stronghold is on the beach

Com'on devs want us to play or leave?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    Nothing has changed on my notebook beside the NWO Stronghold update, and since then NWO is either crashing or there is no stable connection to the servers... and btw. don't change the graphic display setting to "auto", that will crash NWO too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User

Click on your Start button, type "dxdiag" in the search box (or if Win 10, just type it in the "Ask me anything" box). Run the program it comes up with, then save all info (it should save it as a text file to your desktop).

• Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    went to 8.1 got into game but no sound deleated the game and arc redownloaded it and still no sound what do i do now
  • Options
    beerdrinker4beerdrinker4 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    went to 8.1 got into game but no sound deleated the game and arc redownloaded it and still no sound what do i do now
    lol i just need sound now

• Options
    delilahdraculdelilahdracul Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm running Windows 7. Not sure which action was the fix, but I had installed AMD Catalyst 13.9, went to my computer company's home page (HP), installed a graphics card update, a bios update, opened up the game launcher, typed -d3d9 in the Command Line under options and hit save. And just like that, I was back in the game. :) Hopefully, there will be a fix for everyone soon.
  • Options
    rotnruinrotnruin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey all. I am somewhat of a new poster here, but I did find an easy work around that has not failed. I know it is not a patch/fix, but it got me playing again, and that made me happy. All I do is open my desktop control and switch my resolution to 600x800. Then, leaving that window open, I launch the game. (Please note I have done nothing to the options of my launcher!) Once the game loads (not slow at all) and I choose my character, I wait until I can close the daily window. Then, when I am at the normal HUD, I Alt-Tab once, go back to the display window, and switch the res back on my desktop. It has not failed or exploded yet.
  • Options
    dietrichdevitodietrichdevito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I've had the issue since Mod 6 as well, having to run the game in safe mode, and after trying every fix in this forum I'm just gonna wait until the supposed fix. I'm afraid of trying anything further in the off change I end up making things only worse on my end.

To further prove that this is a Neverwinter problem, I've just spent the last three days on a character in PWI with no problems in game play or loading and that's far more taxing on my computer than neverwinter.
    Post edited by dietrichdevito on
  • Options
    pepsiholic420pepsiholic420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    dunno what the deal is everybody got some kinda issue some get fixed others not. as for me i just gonna wait till they fix the glitch. not worth the stress. maybe read a book .
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    once I got the game to load the first time after 15 min wait I have had no issue getting in after that don't even need the -d what ever anymore the only issue I have left is when switching from full screen to windowed client crashes or if you alt tab you can't bring the game back up it doesnt' crash it just wont let you bring the window back up have to force it to close and reopen it.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2015

lol i just need sound now

Umm so do you have sound anywhere else? If you reinstalled 8.1, my guess is you forgot to install the proper sound card driver.
  • Options
    banedarkshadowbanedarkshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just WoW!!! Game is still not fixed! Its almost a 7th day and you are not doing anything!?? Shame... Shame... Will swich to Tera or some other better organized game. This is frustrating....
    :s
  • Options
    banedarkshadowbanedarkshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @banedarkshadow said:
    > Just WoW!!! Game is still not fixed! Its almost a 7th day and you are not doing anything!?? Shame... Shame... Will swich to Tera or some other better organized game. This is frustrating....
    > :s

And btw, just checked for solutions in forum: And I have to say that this works: -d3d11Enable 0
    Also enable force verify and Safe mode. Tho still its available in safe mode only, but works :) Hope for full fix on this soon. HF
  • Options
    i bypass graphic driver crash...but get stuck in white screen of death :( the game stop responding and need to be closed by task manager...others games run fine as usual :(
  • Options
    jadysvarilojadysvarilo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I have tried all the suggested options. I can load the game in safe mode only. I can play - if you can call it playing - but I cannot do much as, even in safe mode, the lag is awful. It can take me up to three minutes to get a response from a vendor or a quest giver. I cannot even update professions or even invoke on occasions as I get no response. There have been times when the lag has been so bad that my team have moved on from an HE in Strongholds, having finished the HE, while I am still fighting in it - only to find myself dead by the end.
    None of this happened before the update.
    I have to confess that I am disappointed that nothing has been offered from devs since the OP. Though I note a link - proferred by a player - to another thread, suggesting a fix has been found, there is no coordination between the threads. Given that this is the "official" thread, that, too, is disappointing.
    Yes, it's only a game. But people are investing time and money into this game. That makes us clients, not simply gamers. We ought to be treated as such.
    Yours,
    Disappointed.
    Post edited by jadysvarilo on
  • Options
    even at twitter they only talk about promotions and sales :/
  • Options
    webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So they said last week they'd have a fix for these issues this week. Guess we're all still waiting on that to happen since this is today's error for me:

CrErr3.jpg
  • Options
    damedanniedamedannie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi Everyone I did something out of all these other options and have been in game for the past 2 days now so here is what I did............ I recieved an E-Mail from Neverwinter asking about the New Strongholds So I hit reply and sent them an Messsage I was very nice in letting them know I was an extremely upset customer and the next day I was able to log in game! I also had let them know I tried and was unsuccessful at the other options given to me. So I dont know if anyone else tried this but it worked well for me..... HOPE IT HELPS
  • Options
    ash1113ash1113 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    hi! there
    i have a acer aspire v7-581 laptop with intel core i5-3337u @1.80 ghz, 12 gb ram, 64-bit os and win10

i'm running the game as admin (as i remember reading somewhere this could solve my trouble..alas! :cry: ...)

now i know most people will say its the problem of having intel instead of nvedia or amd...and though thats sort of true too but i have been running NW since mod4 on this laptop (with some settings of high and others on midium and none of low..so thats not a problem...or well 'was never'..) and it has been working all too well till the resent stronghold mod update and upgrading to win10..

everytime i load the game it goes till the loading screen and then it stays there till i click on the screen and then the window becomes grey and i get a system notification stating along the lines of: my graphics was crashed but recovered safely. thats when my game crashes too!!....

so whats happening here?...how do i solve this?
    please HELP!..pretty please...

--EDIT (update)--

k so i got NW running via safe mode and force patching...but...still this trouble needs fixing and from what i remember this trouble has occured at one of the previous mod updates too..and that time NW notified everyone that the matter was being looked at and then things turned out to be better...so if imnot wrong this time too its yet another mod update problem thats an issue from cryptic and not from individual players....so pretty please 'FIX IT' :smile:
    thx
    Post edited by ash1113 on
This discussion has been closed.