test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• Options
    daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Okay i give up. How the heel do I embed an image?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2015

With the power of love.

Isn't the usual [img][/img]?

yes

• Options
    charononus wrote: »

With the power of love.

Isn't the usual [img][/img]?

yes

I'm trying to use the attach image file icon on the bar above. I have the URL, paste it in, but then I can't get anything to happen. It doesn't insert it into the body.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Okay we'll try again. Here is the image for the odd item in the Dragonflight loot table after a fight. Notice the second item on the left. No description. No clue what it's supposed to be.

d03tRI0.jpg
  • Options
    adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I got one of those doing eLoL yesterday. Double clicked it and it gave me what should have been the contents of the chest it came from. Still don't know what it is either.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    one issue i found in stronghold is that some players(including me) dont get the rewards from the heroics

please fix that so that all players receive the rewards from heroics ty
  • Options
    kilyiewildekilyiewilde Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    should all be back 2 normal in a few hours, took them a while .
  • Options
    coraxxuscoraxxus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hmm the same problem ...
  • Options
    coraxxuscoraxxus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 340-52 stopped responding and has successfully recovered problem problem problem .. reinstal game update windows draphics and more ...
  • Options
    sakisxsakisx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    game crashes when i try to run from windowed to fullscreen. graphic drivers up-to-date
  • Options
    nannhynannhy Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    guys all i did was delete all my gameconfig files and all is fine now.. an issue i have is at the end of the dungeon when i claimed my reward, i get nothing and both of my keys were gone..they cost 20000AD to make..and you wont refund me..
  • Options
    greyswampgreyswamp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm getting some issue when entering the stronghold in-game. The world map works fine and the whole game runs smoothly but when I decide to go to our stronghold the whole server seems to crash and my game gets stuck on the loading screen just saying "patching 10,000+ files" and the "server not responding (seconds ticking)" and I have now been waiting for like 10 minutes while reading this thread and writing this post. This is the 5th time this issue has occurred and I can't even get into my char because the game automatically tries to take me to the stronghold which isn't working at all... soooooo stuck for life
  • Options
    catsie414catsie414 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    So, I was hoping after the maintenance that I would be able to log into the game NOT in safe mode. Not the case. I still have to be in safemode and not in fullscreen to get in. :(
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    gweddry wrote: »
    PVP queue for domination will sometimes create teams of 4 players, so the match can never start and everyone is stuck in the map.

I had the first match where the other side had NO players and we had five, it was the most relaxed match I have ever had. I also had another couple where there were 3 on one side and 5 on the other, and one of those started with three on our side but DURING the match two more people joined which was bizarre. I have not had a match not start at all because there were not enough players, all matches commenced regardless of the numbers, but have had several which have had less on one side than the other.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I am lucky, I have had no graphic display issues this rollout nor have I had any crashes (other than the now usual kick-out once or twice a day when doing nothing at all to overload the system, just browsing the bank or running to a gate) or failed log-ins. I am running windows xp on an 8 year-old graphics card. Ages ago after a major mod rollout I encountered a game which was unplayable, all the UI was wrongly displayed, backgrounds were the wrong size from the text and aligned wrong, icons were misaligned, reading the journal was impossible as the background was tiny and the black text was now on a black background, health bar was tiny and I couldn't tell how healthy I was, so many display issues I had to abandon the game for weeks and weeks. I contacted support and was asked for a printout of my system and was then told that my drivers were too old and not supported and to update them which was impossible as there are no newer drivers for the card other than the one I am using. Eventually after a long time one day I loaded the launch screen and the "enter world" icon which had been showing with the text smaller and down and to the right was once again looking correct, so I logged in and everything was again showing right and I resumed playing. I then read in patch notes a small entry which simply said "UI display issue fixed" or similar. I figured that some support code for older drivers had been omitted by someone who didn't think it was required any more. It must have been put back in because now it works perfectly again, others I read on the FB page were having the same issue at the time and a lot of players will be using older cards and drivers. I might suggest that if and when you do eventually remove support for older drivers and cards, you do it like microsoft would do when upgrading their operating system, and warn people well in advance that by so-and-so a date cards pre-so-and-so date will no longer be able to be supported, this will give everyone a chance to organize upgrades in a timely organized manner and not have their gameplay interrupted. In this case I realize it could be something different, but if it is displaying wrongly for some people and not others, it sounds similar to the issue I had, and some kind of support code for this or that graphics card or driver has been removed by accident. I know it was removed in my case back then because it was put back in again and is working now after I was told that my driver was not supported by the game and this was why I was having display issues. As I said, my game is working fine now and I am on xp and using an old card. The only big issue I have ingame to report was that when I left Stronghold to change character or log-out, yesterday it was taking me back to the PE gate and not back to Stronghold, but today this resolved itself and when I changed characters and went back to the first one, I did go back to where I was standing before in the Stronghold. I have not tested it more than once though. The other issue I have seen today is that the ends of the chat sentences are being cut off in the chat window, no matter how wide you drag the window, the last few letters of the line will be cut off and unreadable. This was happening pre rollout for a bit but in the text enter part of the window, but was able to be worked around by dragging the window very wide so you could see what you were typing. That was fixed, but today this cutting off of other people's words at the end of each line is a new one and dragging the window wider does nothing to help, it just keeps adding the next words down to fit but still cuts off the last few letters, like 4 or 5. Also can be laggy in places in Stronghold when just running through areas, and also in fighting, but comes and goes sporadically and is not often.
  • Options
    myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    This issue happend after the last update in Mod 6. The very first you load the game after the update it takes a very long time to log in. Seriously start the game in fullscreen or whatever, I wasn't in safe mode, go make dinner, come back and take a look and it will finally load through.

Once you finally let it load all the way through very slowly, it will then work normally every time after. It just has to work it's course once in order to do whatever it does after the Modules. There was even an official message about it in Mod 6 right on the patcher that it takes a long time to load in the first time, let it finish.

Hope that helps...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • Options
    dream420dream420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    nothing I have tried works to get game to work i have waited for over an hour at logo screen and nothing just white screen and nothing still says driver crash at cryptic logo screen then it goes to neverwinter screen and nothing. forever nothing... lol I want to play already
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    BUG: Coffer Message
    While trying to add enchantments, I received this message (instead of the actual message):
    0iXQ21b.jpg
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    My game start, and have no problems till today when i try to go to sharandar map it crash all the time
    Fatal error: hog file incorrect/unreadable version: 7
    Now the game still launch but that char when try to get in game crash.
  • Options
    I just wrote in a post that it was not taking you back to Stronghold when changing characters or logging out but had worked last time properly, but I just went back into the game and went to the character who had been standing in Stronghold when I left for another character, this time I logged into that character and it took me to the Protectors Enclave gate again and not where he had been in Stronghold. So the issue is still there... If you leave the character from Strongholds to change or log out or exit, it will not take you back to Stronghold, it will take you to PE or whereever you were before you got to Stronghold, not always, but mostly in my experience so far.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    After Stronghold and the recent patch, the game still runs sluggish at first, i have to alt+tab onto desktop and back to get it working normal again... what the hell is going on here?!
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I'm having issues with my launcher crashing. Then when I re-start it, it gets as far as the "Patching" message, and then stays stuck there. The "Cancel" button is highlighted, but when clicked on, doesn't work. I've tried a few of those "workarounds" that were posted concerning the issue other people were having, but, to be honest, the issues they're having don't sound the same as mine. They can at least get past that part of the launcher. That and none of those "workarounds" work. Any help/suggestions out there? Currently, it's been several days now since I've been unable to log in due to this problem. Ever since the new mod kicked in and my patcher downloaded it, then crashed, and then got to what it's doing now. Patch, crash, start launcher, stuck on "Patching" message... I've also tried logging in via ARC. No joy. S.O.S.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    dream420dream420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same none of the suggested work arounds are working for me either. I can still not get passed the cryptic/neverwinter loading screens. I'm still getting the display driver has stopped responding and has recovered but still no game.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    BUG: Coffer Message
    While trying to add enchantments, I received this message (instead of the actual message):

That was addressed as a known issue in Panderus's patch notes thread but apparently didn't make it into the news post.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    BUG? No more Influence dropped for HEs
    Finished the 3 HEs for The Ranger, and not a single Influence dropped.

Below is everything I got after 3 HEs and "Keeping the Peace". The items on top I got while not partied. The items on bottom are what I got while partied with another player. Her drops (both solo and partied) were only slightly better.

Edited: Coupons are dropping now.

DNxUpJe.jpg
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Bug? - Numerous epic items lost their "salvageable" tag
    As far as I can tell, older epic necks and belts are affected, and so were my elemental pants and shirts (except leather ones). Old epic rings, armor, weapons, and off-hands still appear to be salvageable. I'm assuming it's a bug because if it's an intended change, it's really uncool to make it without warning. But the affected items don't really seem consistent enough for it be anything but an error.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    I think the level 60 stuff lost salvageability a while ago did they not? Darn my over full brain! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I used to know is leaking out my ears!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I think the level 60 stuff lost salvageability a while ago did they not? Darn my over full brain! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I used to know is leaking out my ears!

Nope, I salvaged a ton of old gear recently during the double AD event, which included quite a few belts and necks, but someone in chat last night mentioned they couldn't salvage a Thickgristle belt anymore so I started digging.

Neverwinter Census 2017