test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    Why do I reappear in PE at the point I left instead of in the Strongholds campfire when I sign out and back in later?
  • Options
    diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Try putting
    -d3d11Enable 0
    Into the command line in the option at launcher
    If you can't get through the loading screens, this might help.
  • Options
    beargarbeargar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I can't believe they ignoring all the post even if they are fixing it at least tell us you are and give some kind of time frame even if you have to bs because thats all your time frames are anyway bs you know it and we know it. But this is getting to be too much. The fact that some are able to get on and advance and getting a clear boost to all that are not is really messed up, I dont wnat to wish this on everyone i really dont but it only would be fair when it comes to this new pvp mod, i mean cmon guys wtf do you not see how messed up that is and i dont even care for PvP.
  • Options
    beargarbeargar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    What reason do they have to not have posted anything yet??? Anyone have any idea??? Are they taking the day off because yesterday was so rough on them? Like they wern't prepared for this, like it the first mod that ever came out. im sorry for all the post im just furious that they have not posted a single word nothing nada there is no excuse.
  • Options
    lizzyathanlizzyathan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    what worked for me is
    {1}: I unselected "full-screen" (located over "safe mode" choice) and then it just runs in a window. Loads fine and then you
    {2}: open options in game and select "full-screen" again, select resolution and if you can deal with it every time you can also
    {3}: go ahead and change your graphics options again. (I simply select "rest to defaults" and everything runs perfect from there on.) The only issue is that you have to do this every time you want to play, if you log in just to invoke go ahead and just do only the first step.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    myles08807 wrote: »
    Why do I reappear in PE at the point I left instead of in the Strongholds campfire when I sign out and back in later?

Your stronghold instance was empty, so it closed. It's like a really, really big quest lair.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zhedyzhedy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Win10, drives updated, gamepref deleted, command -d3d9 added, safe mode on, still client crashes after I choose character and try to log in. Free to NOT play.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    I can't patch the game, it crashes when it shows the "Patching.." on the bar. Have some way to patch it manually?
    Hwk5yTY.png

Usually something like this is the result of a firewall. What firewall are you running and have you told it that neverwinter is ok?
  • Options
    h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Here is a great one for everyone. I have been having the same issue as so many others with the loading screen and not being able to log in. So I do the force verify after I've reinstaled and uninstalled and the command lines suggestion and deleting the Gamepref files and force verify and safe mode. I decide to give it one last shot. And guess what happens....................I'm now patching a 5210 mb patch!!!!!!

Yeah and I'm betting after that long <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> wait for this patch it still won't work right.
  • Options
    elrikoseeelrikosee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    Indeed folks, please do pay attention to this.
    coldcanuk wrote: »
    To everyone that is complaining about crashing on entering. If it is actually telling you it crashed, then yes you have an issue. If it is just getting stuck after the cryptic screen and going nowhere... then it is not crashing! It has, for the last few Mods/Expansions done this. Wait it out and it works. I had to leave it for 5 minutes till it finally took me into the game. This only happens ONCE and does not happen after the initial load of the new content.

Patience is the key here folks. Until the Devs figure out how to prevent this from happening, we will probably see it on every new mod/expansion from now on. Like I said... its been happening for a few major Updates since Tiamat came in I think.
    I'll highlight what needs to be understood: "If it is actually telling you it crashed, then yes you have an issue. If it is just getting stuck after the cryptic screen and going nowhere... then it is not crashing! It has, for the last few Mods/Expansions done this. Wait it out and it works. I had to leave it for 5 minutes till it finally took me into the game. This only happens ONCE and does not happen after the initial load of the new content."

If it is crashing, you'll see a message stating such. If you just see a black or loading screen, do be patient while the game client relocates game files. This process will take longer or shorter depending on the size of the patch and the quality and speed of your system.

How long do I have to wait. I have waited up to 30 minutes, do I need to wait longer?
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Worked yesterday, today, logged in, stuck at a white screen saying not responding. 4th attempt.
    So add me to the list.
  • Options
    wydbobs20wydbobs20 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    0kct6EM.png
    malabog drop buged
  • Options
    dackfayden2dackfayden2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    Usually something like this is the result of a firewall. What firewall are you running and have you told it that neverwinter is ok?

Only the Windows one and already tried turn it off with no results

• Options
    doumweielledoumweielle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    okay honestly I don't care about the people saying its my computer and my husbands computer that's the problem that's a load of BS... our computers did just fine until this last mod and its now been 20 - 23 hours and my husband still cant get in game ... and YES we have tried every single option listed in these, oh look there went from 8 -10 pages of complaints and oh what a surprise still no dev or anyone has told us if they are trying to fix the issue or responded to anything any of us has said what a shocker, and no one has told us how long it will be till they fix this major issue I say screw it and find a new game that's more stable and less costly
  • Options
    metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    I found launching via the exe file for neverwinter works since there is something wrong with the arc launcher since the update.
  • Options
    btbsaul40btbsaul40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    when I minimize the game, which I do often, my cursor is frozen in the middle of my screen. it did not do this until strongholds. I'm running win 7 64. needless to say, this is a colossal pain in the ***. please, please, please resolve.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    For those with Crashing Issues, please use the new sticky thread on that specifically:
    Graphics Client Crash Issue

If you're seeing a black or loading screen for a while, just be patient. For, as long as you aren't seeing a crash report window, the game client is still reallocating game asset files from the large patch, which is normal in Neverwinter (and other major MMOs). This process will be longer or shorter depending on the speed and quality of one's machine.
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    I am sorry if this has been reported already, I did not read all 10 pages of this thread, but on the 6th invoke the text is off the top of the screen and not in the invoke window. I did get my celestial coin tho.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Bug - Guild Bank Records
    All entries are showing up as deposits. I know there should be withdrawals showing up because the entries primarily consist of me taking out items to feed into the Stronghold coffer, but the bank shows me as depositing those items instead.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    fakeleadmanfakeleadman Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I was told by tech that the driver failure is because of Windows 10, however it didn't start until this last shard maint. we'll see, maybe they're fixing it tomorrrow.
  • Options
    fakeleadmanfakeleadman Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Here is a great one for everyone. I have been having the same issue as so many others with the loading screen and not being able to log in. So I do the force verify after I've reinstaled and uninstalled and the command lines suggestion and deleting the Gamepref files and force verify and safe mode. I decide to give it one last shot. And guess what happens....................I'm now patching a 5210 mb patch!!!!!!

Yeah and I'm betting after that long <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> wait for this patch it still won't work right.

Mine failed after a patch like that
  • Options
    travuskatravuska Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    travuska wrote: »
    If you are getting a black screen after the neverwinter loading screen try this method. It worked for me
    (Do this at your own risk)

1. Exit all Windows based programs.
    2. Go to Start and type regedit in the Search box. In the results, double-click regedit.exe.
    3. Browse to and then click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers".
    4. Click New in the Edit menu list. select DWORD (32-bit) value. Then type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter. Double-click TdrDelay, add 8 (hexadecimal) for the Value data and click OK.
    5. Restart your computer

This will increase the gpu's processing time
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946

After you restart your computer and have made the changes above
    "Optional" Delete the Gameprefs.pref file from Program Files(X86)/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).

1.Open Neverwinter and go to the options tab to select "safe mode"
    2. In the command line space enter "-d3d9" (without quotations)
    3. Save and hit play.
    4. It will take a few minutes to load give it 5-10 minutes.
    5. If successful and at the character select screen (Important) click options highlight "display" and adjust the resolution to your liking first. Then go to display mode select windowed maximized. Hit "OK"
    6. Enter the game

hope this works for others
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    For those with Crashing Issues, please use the new sticky thread on that specifically:
    Graphics Client Crash Issue

If you're seeing a black or loading screen for a while, just be patient. For, as long as you aren't seeing a crash report window, the game client is still reallocating game asset files from the large patch, which is normal in Neverwinter (and other major MMOs). This process will be longer or shorter depending on the speed and quality of one's machine.

I waited 5 hours + (4:15 - 10:30). It never started. Is it possible that it takes longer than that? Because I do not have the patience to wait longer than that.

• Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Ok EVERYBODY I did all of the above. Exept one thing I did not do. Check my Windows updates. I let it update the I could get in. Everyone should check there updates for windows uninstall game re install put -d3d11Enable 0 in command line and give it a shot.
  • Options
    smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Dungeons are not completable with a 5 man 2k+ group. These need to be tuned back or the stronghold quest relating to them cannot be finished either. I know this is not a new complaint as to the achievability of the content, but I have been in 3.5k avg (3.0-4.5k) groups made up correctly that could not finish them (ecc,etos,egwd). There is no way a new toon or player at the described minimum can complete it if end gamers are struggling. Not a new comment but if we the player base keep saying it maybe you will listen eventually.
  • Options
    paweuwpaweuw Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2015
    OK, I had all 3 errors that are being mentioned by other players: client not responding, graphic card crash and dx failure.

Here is MY FIX:
    1. I went to Microsoft Support page (link posted above by @travuska) used the auto fix it tool + rebooted
    2. Deleted the Gameprefs.pref file - mine on Windows 7 is located at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\localdata
    3. Opened launcher through Steam, went do options, added "-d3d9" in command line and hit "Save" (every other box was UNCHECKED - no force verify, no safe mode, no full screen, nothing)
    4. Tried again - game was veryfing for few minutes and then opened normally

Note: DO NOT ALT+TAB because you won't be able to go back.
  • Options
    MisfitsMisfits Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    the small and medium HEs are not spawning in our stronghold map, only the Large HE's are spawning. our guild's name is thieve's world
    Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Ok EVERYBODY I did all of the above. Exept one thing I did not do. Check my Windows updates. I let it update the I could get in. Everyone should check there updates for windows uninstall game re install put -d3d11Enable 0 in command line and give it a shot.
    Good point. While my NW problems were cured by simply rebooting my PC, I did notice on shutdown last night that there were 14 updates to intall on the 'don't turn your computer off yet or you'll really, really regret it' screen. This was for Win 7 Pro 64-bit. Was able to play today without any real problems, so was able to get quite a bit done before the regular Thursday maintenance shutdown.

• Options
    daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Not related to the crash bug: When the loot table comes up to display player rewards after a Dragonflight battle, there is an item in the table that looks like it might be a token of some sort, with maybe an "N" for a logo. It has no description int he text field and, whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be showing up in any inventory window.
    Post edited by daddyman5565 on
  • Options
    daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Image for previous comment about SH dragon loot table. Second item on left has no information and doesn't appear to be awarded anywhere in inventory.