test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Maintenance 8/11 at 6am PDT

Comments

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    you know here in italy we are quite used to wait, the burocracy is like a life maze where you have to proove to be dead to pass over the next phase...NW is the same, it has to be dead to proove us it went good the new mod expansion!

The servers are in America. They should be used to Americans by now:

10 O'Clock = 10 O'Clock

Americans what everything NOW
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    So.. another 3 hours it appears. Just in time for the nightly lag fest. So much for playing today.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    mynaam wrote: »
    Notice no notice or updates on twitter, forums, or facebook about servers being down. What means of communication am i forgetting to check?

from twitter:
    We're aware that the gates of Strongholds are having issues. We've sent our masons to check it out.

I can read. That does not say that the servers are down.

No... it's their cute little way of saying they are down... without saying they are down.

Honestly... I dont know why they think they can pull of a module release anywhere near their original ETA, nor why they think they can do it without a major server issue after it is supposedly "live".

Every module release has been FUBAR on the day of the update... taking hours longer than they originally estimate. Simple patches cant even be done within their projected ETA's.

The entire community has been putting up with this since launch... and quite frankly, it is getting... no... it IS old. We are tired of it.

Oh... and now this...

"We accidentally let a dragon in the office. Knights are coming to slay it. ETA for Strongholds is now 3:30pm PDT."

More cuteness. It doesnt make anyone smile... its not cute... nor is it professional.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Well, there goes that. My wife said I could spend $50.00 USD on this game if it actually came online (AND WORKING) by 1pm EST. Sorry Cryptic.. no $50.00 for you.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Well, there goes that. My wife said I could spend $50.00 USD on this game if it actually came online (AND WORKING) by 1pm EST. Sorry Cryptic.. no $50.00 for you.

What? Are you married to your mom?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    GranDGranD Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 3:30pm PDT.

seriously guys what going here?! -.-

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ● xgrandz02

• Options
    mkgnr159mkgnr159 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    tey only want people to play strongholds so the more bugs athere is in the old mod the better for tem and not being able to log in a good move
  • Options
    MantaraMantara Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Shart..... well maybe tonight sometime.

Whenever I had to do server maintanience or major software updates it was always at 2am.
    That way if dragons got into the server room we had extra time to fix it BEFORE peak network usage hours....

Cryptic, git gud nubs.
  • Options
    mkgnr159mkgnr159 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    and i need a new keyboard or fingers maybe lol
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Why are you complaining? As it has been said time and time again, the PW server works flawless, if ppl would not try to log in, there would be no log in issues, lags, rubberbanding etc. It is our fault, sorry PW.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

Should I start making whipping sound effects? Nah, that's just crass.

I'm bummed because I opened a buncha refining packs I'd been storing around, hoping to get a 15% off coupon. And I got one! Was gonna use it on VIP packs when BAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Server inaccessible. and since apparently time the server is down counts towards the timestamp of things, and coupons only last 2 hours, there goes 400ish zen :/

• Options
    GranDGranD Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    >>>>>> 30 Days R1 FREE VIP for ALL <<<<<<

- we should get this at least for all the wait!

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ● xgrandz02

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    1-3:30 is a big time jump. I wonder what blew up.
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    mynaam wrote: »
    Notice no notice or updates on twitter, forums, or facebook about servers being down. What means of communication am i forgetting to check?

from twitter:
    We're aware that the gates of Strongholds are having issues. We've sent our masons to check it out.

I can read. That does not say that the servers are down.

No... it's their cute little way of saying they are down... without saying they are down.

Honestly... I dont know why they think they can pull of a module release anywhere near their original ETA, nor why they think they can do it without a major server issue after it is supposedly "live".

Every module release has been FUBAR on the day of the update... taking hours longer than they originally estimate. Simple patches cant even be done within their projected ETA's.

The entire community has been putting up with this since launch... and quite frankly, it is getting... no... it IS old. We are tired of it.

Oh... and now this...

"We accidentally let a dragon in the office. Knights are coming to slay it. ETA for Strongholds is now 3:30pm PDT."

More cuteness. It doesnt make anyone smile... its not cute... nor is it professional.

Seconded A'mie. With that 3:30pm "ETA" *laughs to self*, that places it too far into the night .....or to take a chance that it won't be extended yet further!
    Hopefully my fellow guildies will get in before I wake up in the morning
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    jadysvarilojadysvarilo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is not happy-making at all.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    So is the gateway down for everybody as well?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,292 Arc User
    GranD wrote: »
    Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 3:30pm PDT.

seriously guys what going here?! -.-

Nothing. Nothing is going. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    1-3:30 is a big time jump. I wonder what blew up.

It was Minsc and Boo. Lets chop Minsc's head off, sew Boos head on the body and hang it from our stronghold wall. Then, we can do those Seed quests in peace without him knocking all the mobs out of our AoE zones.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Mantara wrote: »
    Shart..... well maybe tonight sometime.

Whenever I had to do server maintanience or major software updates it was always at 2am.
    That way if dragons got into the server room we had extra time to fix it BEFORE peak network usage hours....

Cryptic, git gud nubs.

and you probably had SLA's to adhere to, customers you didn't want to upset, and a PM who nagged you to death about testing your processes/procedures and having a backout plan.
    you guys know that this forum during server downtime is by far the most exiting/enjoyable part of NW at all?

its like a tradition for me now, every time they put up an ecpansion i came here to enjoy you!

i have a new black balkanian tobacco pack, plenty of papers&filters, a good expresso, nothing is missing to me.

The forum game is the best mini-game in NW!!!

Mate, since that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of Mod 6 we play more Forum and professions, than the actual game. ;)

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    how much more time do i have to wait to play nw??
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Would really appreciate some feedback on the official forum, but since I have to wait 19 more hours to play I guess I will monitor the action on my tablet

No professions for me for 2 days :smile:
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    arcanjo86 wrote: »
    how much more time do i have to wait to play nw??

2 hours per twitter
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We should start a pool on the actual time it ends up going live.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    dragonheart695dragonheart695 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    An update that take all day long, that's strange. As others have said I hope we will have some kind of feedback of what is happening and at what time the server is expected to be up again.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    format c:
    Are You Sure? Y