test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Maintenance 8/11 at 6am PDT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Update: We're live!

Update: Still looking good for around 3:30pm PDT.

Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 3:30pm PDT.

Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 1pm PDT.

Update: Maintenance has been extended to 11am PDT.

Neverwinter PC will have its Strongholds maintenance tomorrow 8/11 at 6am PDT for roughly 4 hours. Patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9497243

Join us for our maintenance time stream: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9495793

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I still feel disapointed about the "No class balancing" :s But eh, it's criptics
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Vote Kicks are not allowed when items of Rare quality or greater are on the ground.

For a cleaner dungeon plz loot all blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on your way to the boss or you cant kick the disconnected player, smart move.^^

What about a rare item left in a part of the dungeon, you cant return to? Wait 5-10 minutes for despawn (I dont know how long it takes) or redoe the dungeon/ skirmish.

The changes are well intended, but they show, that Devs either dont play their own game or cant think one step ahead.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    [Combat (Self)] Hexer deals 111010 (93778) Force Damage to you with Hex.

With damage like this still around (non-telegraphed, no-red-zone attack), I'm leaning toward "don't play their own game".

Oh, yeah -- riddle me this, Batman: why is the number not in parentheses larger?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Well, it shows they are doing something... but I believe the management has the mindset that, all previous Mods are what they are and no changes will come to them any time soon.
    1.) DR will be laggy for the life of this game,
    2.) Dungeons, well you have 3 and I guess we have to accept that there will be ONLY 3, and those will be unplayable for a large group of the playerbase.
    3.) Your hopes to ever be a "EPIC HERO" are gone, accept it, you will, and always be a "Mediocre" player until you pour Lots of your paycheck into the game, and I mean LOTS.
    4.) WoD is a waste of space for a good majory as the Lag and toughness of even the smallest mobs make it no fun to even play, not to mention the Dragon Harolds are undoable for most and the rewards are not worth the effort.
    5.) The mobs are and will always be the EPIC ones on the map, they hit harder, and survive longer then you can hope to ( for those that do not spend their paychecks). Accept the fact.

So now it is all about Strongholds... can only imaging the mess this will turn out to be.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Really? 5 minutes early, lol. Oh well i was done for the moment anyway.

I wasn't. What is the point of announcing a downtime if you're going to go early? If you announce servers are going down in 5 minutes at least give people 5 minutes before booting everyone.

• Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Nice to see that there are some not-Stronghold related patches and I'm really happy to see the profession bag space and maximum number of companion slots increased.

But I wonder, why they increased the latter only for such a small number... o.O (or do they plan to stop creating new companions after Stronghold?)
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    rapticor wrote: »

I wasn't. What is the point of announcing a downtime if you're going to go early? If you announce servers are going down in 5 minutes at least give people 5 minutes before booting everyone.

Post assigned to category: This hapens, every, single, maintenance period. Regardless of whether Cryptic can fix this, it happens EVERY TIME.....meaning you should know and be prepared for it.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    rapticor wrote: »

Post assigned to category: This hapens, every, single, maintenance period. Regardless of whether Cryptic can fix this, it happens EVERY TIME.....meaning you should know and be prepared for it.

Perhaps I'm not playing every single time they patch? Typically they patch on Thursdays and I'm normally at work then. But sure blame the victim! How about putting it back on them to learn how to tell time.

• Options
    Either way, much bigger fish to fry than maintenance starting 5 minutes earlier than listed.
  • Options
    markoose55markoose55 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    when is it working again in england please???
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Earlier I was able to patch one of the computers I use. Since the maintenance was exteneded, I decided to patch the other. Now all the patcher is showing is "Loading. Please wait." I thought it was that computer, so I went back to the computer I had already patched and it is saying the same thing. Anyone else getting this?

*No I did not prepatch on either computer and closed the launcher when it would start before. This is because usually I had to patch again anyway.
  • Options
    aegislash2015aegislash2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why is it extended when you said that everything was going smooth on the live stream?
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    It is better to take time and do it right

Urlord
  • Options
    aegislash2015aegislash2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    urlord283 wrote: »

Urlord

I understand, but then he shouldn't have said that everything was fine and going on schedule during Live Stream.
  • Options
    Just because its going well doesn't mean its taking the amount of time expected.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    urlord283 wrote: »

Urlord

I understand, but then he shouldn't have said that everything was fine and going on schedule during Live Stream.
    It probably was fine and on schedule at the time he made that comment on the live stream but five minutes later they could have come across a problem which set them back. That's the way these things work :)

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Why is it extended when you said that everything was going smooth on the live stream?

Probably because it was. Livestream was over when the extension was announced (or at the very least, Strumslinger didn't know anything was going wrong - as if HE personally runs the actual updates. LOL)
  • Options
    al0baral0bar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    lol... was anything different to be expected ? :)

so new time is 11 a.m. - let's see where we end ;)
    Noli temere messorem

Guild Leader "Touched by Knox"
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    al0bar wrote: »
    lol... was anything different to be expected ? :)

so new time is 11 a.m. - let's see where we end ;)

if past examples are anything to go by, we could be back in the game within 14 hours.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    If downtime is 4 hours expect it to be 6, if it is 2 hours expect atleast 3. Usually add about 50% to it and you have the right time.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    New target is 7pm UK time. Listen out for the gentle "whoosh" sound as maintenance overshoots it hehe
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Hmn thought it finished 6pm for me, guess its 7pm. Or, *gasp* it's like every other expansion and will be down for several more hours than predicted.

Hopefully its back online before I have to sleep ^^
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    Strumslinger didn't know anything was going wrong - as if HE personally runs the actual updates. LOL)

It was going well until the server asked him to insert floppy disc #5. He only had 4 of them....

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    markoose55 wrote: »
    when is it working again in england please???

UK is 8 hours ahead of PDT, so the new estimated time for you is 7pm.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    If downtime is 4 hours expect it to be 6, if it is 2 hours expect atleast 3. Usually add about 50% to it and you have the right time.
    Scotty all time frames given.
    I don't understand why no mmo company does this, people would think they were heroes.
  • Options
    banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    it will be ready, when it is ready, whenever it is,, as long it is in time to complete all invocation xD