test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Maintenance 8/11 at 6am PDT

Comments

• drakenmonkdrakenmonk Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Soooo, do they never test run launch to see if it works, cause every mod so far has failed, guess will take normal 2 days to a week to sort bugs, maybe it's the Lag ++ module that's not producing enough rubber banding, oh well we can only live in hope.

Actually what is funny to me is that people expect it to be up at all. Every expansion/mod/big update I have seen for every MMO i have played has these issues. It is just not realistic to think they will go off without a hitch. The issue is with how they forecast the downtime. The servers will be coming down on Tuesday for a patch of indeterminate length and may be up and down all day. That needs to be the tagline in the launcher.
  • oscottyoooscottyoo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Guess this was a bad time to start playing the game :)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    who has 27 minutes in the emergency maintenance poll? Did I win?

I had 35.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Just imagine the stress the team must be under ... good luck guys and gals
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    any Idea when it will be up?
  • gyurikahugyurikahu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    playing me neverwineter
    They only say they are aware of the problem on twitter no ETA yet
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Notice no notice or updates on twitter, forums, or facebook about servers being down. What means of communication am i forgetting to check?
  • gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Noooooooooo BOOOOO!!!! Will tell Minsk and we will avenge you!

Boo was rather tasty for a miniature giant space hamster. But could've used a little garlic, I think.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    I was able to log in and invoke on one toon, switching booted me. Just a hunch, but figured the server is not making additional instances. Collected professions from gateway, thought I'd do some SCA to pass the time - yeah, pretty sure they rebooted.

<sigh> kicking myself ... when will I learn? geez
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Noooooooooo BOOOOO!!!! Will tell Minsk and we will avenge you!

Boo was rather tasty for a miniature giant space hamster. But could've used a little garlic, I think.

You Monster!!!!
    *Pull his Hammer*

Roll your initiative!
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • markoose55markoose55 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    if they just give us a real time to come back or even say the next day, i think people would be much happier then coming back every hour to find they added yet another hour of waiting and teasing people by turning the server on for 1 min and back off again
    Notice no notice or updates on twitter, forums, or facebook about servers being down. What means of communication am i forgetting to check?

from twitter:
    We're aware that the gates of Strongholds are having issues. We've sent our masons to check it out.

Well, next time you all see a green light - wait until I've gotten my professions done before you log in please!! :tongue:
    mynaam wrote: »
    from twitter:
    We're aware that the gates of Strongholds are having issues. We've sent our masons to check it out.

That doesn't mean "the game" - the gates of strongholds is a map transfer, right? Hopefully, they're aware there are problems entering the game too

from twitter:

I can read. That does not say that the servers are down.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    We accidentally let a dragon in the office. Knights are coming to slay it. ETA for Strongholds is now 3:30pm PDT.
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 44s44 seconds ago
    We accidentally let a dragon in the office. Knights are coming to slay it. ETA for Strongholds is now 3:30pm PDT.
    you know here in italy we are quite used to wait, the burocracy is like a life maze where you have to proove to be dead to pass over the next phase...NW is the same, it has to be dead to proove us it went good the new mod expansion!

The servers are in America. They should be used to Americans by now:

10 O'Clock = 10 O'Clock

Americans what everything NOW
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    So.. another 3 hours it appears. Just in time for the nightly lag fest. So much for playing today.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2015

from twitter:

I can read. That does not say that the servers are down.

No... it's their cute little way of saying they are down... without saying they are down.

Honestly... I dont know why they think they can pull of a module release anywhere near their original ETA, nor why they think they can do it without a major server issue after it is supposedly "live".

Every module release has been FUBAR on the day of the update... taking hours longer than they originally estimate. Simple patches cant even be done within their projected ETA's.

The entire community has been putting up with this since launch... and quite frankly, it is getting... no... it IS old. We are tired of it.

Oh... and now this...

"We accidentally let a dragon in the office. Knights are coming to slay it. ETA for Strongholds is now 3:30pm PDT."

More cuteness. It doesnt make anyone smile... its not cute... nor is it professional.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Well, there goes that. My wife said I could spend $50.00 USD on this game if it actually came online (AND WORKING) by 1pm EST. Sorry Cryptic.. no $50.00 for you.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Well, there goes that. My wife said I could spend $50.00 USD on this game if it actually came online (AND WORKING) by 1pm EST. Sorry Cryptic.. no $50.00 for you.

What? Are you married to your mom?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • GranDGranD Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 3:30pm PDT.

seriously guys what going here?! -.-

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ● xgrandz02

• mkgnr159mkgnr159 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    tey only want people to play strongholds so the more bugs athere is in the old mod the better for tem and not being able to log in a good move
  • MantaraMantara Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Shart..... well maybe tonight sometime.

Whenever I had to do server maintanience or major software updates it was always at 2am.
    That way if dragons got into the server room we had extra time to fix it BEFORE peak network usage hours....

Cryptic, git gud nubs.
  • mkgnr159mkgnr159 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    and i need a new keyboard or fingers maybe lol
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Why are you complaining? As it has been said time and time again, the PW server works flawless, if ppl would not try to log in, there would be no log in issues, lags, rubberbanding etc. It is our fault, sorry PW.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

Should I start making whipping sound effects? Nah, that's just crass.

I'm bummed because I opened a buncha refining packs I'd been storing around, hoping to get a 15% off coupon. And I got one! Was gonna use it on VIP packs when BAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Server inaccessible. and since apparently time the server is down counts towards the timestamp of things, and coupons only last 2 hours, there goes 400ish zen :/

• GranDGranD Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    >>>>>> 30 Days R1 FREE VIP for ALL <<<<<<

- we should get this at least for all the wait!

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ● xgrandz02