test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The (New) Vote-Kicking Feedback Thread

Comments

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    My point was, why bother running anything but Tiamat? T2 drops are so common there is no need to run anything else and put up with Boot/Loot. Plus, you can run Tiamat in a fraction of the time of some T2s, most notably CN.
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I still do not understand how it is so hard for the devs to allow you to create custom runs where you can select loot mode(round robin) and no vtk and any class. People could then que up for a no boot team, pick up loot whenever they want, and run any team makeup.

If somebody quits, allow team leader to invite from friends list or search players looking to run that dungeon.

We form up a team of three or four and wait several minutes while the game looks for whatever class and nothing ques up. Next step we use LFG and battle with chat spammers just to try and fill the team because the que is broken.

My question is did Cryptic want to make a que completely opposite to what they created in City of Heroes just to say the games are different?

• dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    So as I understand it, the problem is groups of friends joining a queue, getting grouped with a random person, and then kicking that person for loot reasons (or in some cases just to be jerks). Yes?

Tell me what's wrong with this idea: join a queue as a group, that group that joined together collectively only gets one vote.

So if a 5-person group consists of two 2-perosn groups and a soloer, there are only 3 votes total available for kicks. If you join as a group of four and are paired with a random soloer, there's literally nothing you can do to get rid of that soloer.
  • urdicaurdica Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, I suppose I've been lucky and have never been booted at the end of an epic dungeon...until last night. I started at the beginning, fought all the way to the end of the dungeon, and then was kicked as I stood there waiting for the boss fight to start (pirate king). I would like to point out that the proposed solution of stopping kicks 'during and after a boss fight' would not have helped this.
    I was so angry about this, I shut the game off and played a different game. I'm pretty sure that isn't in the Perfect World business model. It sucks because one of the important things about MMOs (for me anyway) is the sense of community. For whatever reason, this one has none. What it does seem to have is a bunch of selfish people continually complaining about each other in chat and taking every opportunity to ruin other peoples' experience.
    I suspect the audience on the XBOX might be less mature than the PC version. Maybe not.
    Personally, I'd rather have NO vote to kick system at all and occasionally have to quit due to someone being afk or something than have this.
    I recognize that this isnt an easy thing to fix, but I also recognize that dedicated, decent players are going to start leaving this game if something drastic isnt done.
    Ok I'm done. thanks for listening. :)
    You got kicked at the end of PK?! What is the point in doing that? I hate VTK in general, but on PK? Were you doing something they all hated, or were they in a guild?
  • urdicaurdica Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm certain I wasn't doing anything wrong. And I agree I didnt see the point either. We made it all the way through, everyone stood around the campfire for a minute, than BAM I was out. I assume it was a guild, but honestly the way people play this game, it could have just been someone randomly being a jerk and booting people for no reason. Which, sadly works because so many people instinctively hit 'YES' when presented with the option. Whatrever their reason, it was a really crappy thing to do. It's very discouraging.
    Oh, I know. I have been kicked more times than I can count on my main, a TR. Everyone automatically assumes that a TR can't handle the boss fight, but yet the TR carries the team through the entire dungeon lol. But its fine for me now, I no longer run any T2 since Tiamat drops gear like candy....T2's are obsolete, and I don't know why people still run them.
  • nagadawanagadawa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is a major issue. I have tried to complete a lvl 60 epic dungeon several times over the past 4 days and have been unsuccessful each time because at the end of killing a boss or mini boss I get kicked out before I have a chance to win the drops! This is sooooo frustrating! The players don't mind keeping me around to help kill all the mobs and boss, but don't want me getting a chance to win any loot! I'm a CW Spellstorm Thurm and my gear score is in the 12000's. I understand that there are people in the 16000 19000+ gear score's, but how do they expect us to get up to that lvl if you get kicked before you have a chance of winning gear that you earned?! I'm loving this game thus far, but this is a game changer for me if it doesn't get fixed properly. It shouldn't be possible to kick someone during a boss fight, or after a boss fight till the epic loot has been distributed!
  • nagadawanagadawa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    patsfire wrote: »
    Oh, I know. I have been kicked more times than I can count on my main, a TR. Everyone automatically assumes that a TR can't handle the boss fight, but yet the TR carries the team through the entire dungeon lol. But its fine for me now, I no longer run any T2 since Tiamat drops gear like candy....T2's are obsolete, and I don't know why people still run them.

diamonds
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    patsfire wrote: »
    My point was, why bother running anything but Tiamat? T2 drops are so common there is no need to run anything else and put up with Boot/Loot. Plus, you can run Tiamat in a fraction of the time of some T2s, most notably CN.

Uhm, you say its pointless to do queus, just do tiamat, but then say the real problem is 10kgs players are joining.

So obviously, running epics is still needed to raise gearscore, from needed gear and diamonds to bankroll upgrades

But, still..I havent played for a long time. Ever since they created this dumb fix for vtk,.and I wont play until they fix it complety I will not waste my time and have others ruin it so easily.

45 minute dungeon just to get kicked..forget that noise
  • frydaddy723frydaddy723 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So the new vote system is in place, and it still doesn't do anything to stop people from kicking after the boss fight. I just got kicked after half carrying the team through the dungeon. Boss fight's over, the other SW wants the loot, I get kicked.

It's been said in other responses on here, but I'm going to say it again. Disable kicking as soon as the Boss fight starts. Do not allow kicking until all the loot rolls are resolved once the Boss is dead. That way, if you have someone that can't handle the Boss fight, once you've wiped, you can try to fill their role with someone who can handle the Boss.

If this doesn't happen, the situation will never be fixed. This same BS is going to happen over and over again. That, in the end, will make myself and I'm sure a good number of other players simply stop playing.
  • razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    i suppose it dosnt stop groups from abusing the system. maybe a thing like in the Mass effect 3 MP.
  • ipinkbellyipinkbelly Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Please...don't allow kicking after the boss has been defeated.

Hubby and I just did Castle, from the start till the end carrying everyone while people were jumping in and out of the group the entire run and had 3 randoms join us right at the end. We beat it, saw the cut-screen and got kicked...
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    ipinkbelly wrote: »
    Please...don't allow kicking after the boss has been defeated.

Hubby and I just did Castle, from the start till the end carrying everyone while people were jumping in and out of the group the entire run and had 3 randoms join us right at the end. We beat it, saw the cut-screen and got kicked...

I run with three typically now, so we control the vote lobby, seek me out in game or send me a friend invite on XBL (my name on here is my handle) and if we are on at the same time we will hook up so you dont face that.

Cheers
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    After beating ELOL Easily first time with a 13k cw and placing 2nd in damage dealt it seems im not allowed to run itnever again, since i keep getting booted the minute i enter.

Remove vote kicking entirely. Your playerbase is being denied end game content by other players. This is not ok, and current changes wont help.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Like literally have all the drops from Tiamat already, have the lol rings, art offhand mainhand neck and belt. All blue but im working on. Only gear left needed are thing i need much higher crafting to make, or the elol rings. Making me want to quit playing this character and my other since i cant do anything i need to do to advance without getting booted
  • xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    There are 4 year olds (at least mentally) in this game that think the only reason anyone else is playing is so they can get stuff and make money. Sometimes they think it's funny to act nice while they're messing up the run by doing VTKs. Other times there's more than one like that (even if they don't know each other) and no people like me who almost always vote no unless there's a clear actual reason. They think it's cute and awesome to make it so you can't get seals or open the chest even though it gets them nothing, or they just want to make you angry. It depends on the dungeon and how long it's been going on and what might be in it, true. Other times I've seen people go out of their way to wait for other players who got knocked off a bridge or disconnected or whatever. But I just mostly run EPK and normal DV for the dailys or lulz or because it's delve time. And most of the time I just pass on anything off class, because why do I need more salvage stuff to put in the bank for later anyway, I want GMo Power or Union. Not that that's happening anyway but whatever.

I guess the thing to say is wait for the ultraupdate and the time it takes to fix whatever it breaks, and a lot of the vtk fixes will make it less enticing for those types. Even though it doesn't fix every possible thing, it removes a lot of the reason to be there being an anonymous dirtbag slimewad. Well the old ones at least.
  • zunamarzunamar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The vote-to-kick system is a annoying problem at least gearing up as soon as you fail the boss once people start to kicking out those with lower gears score instead of looking at taktics ive been in dungeons with people who have a high gearscore that dont have a clue what their role is in the fight. Instead all trying to kill the boss so they end up on top of scoreboard and not doin what they suppous to do......cw doing his thing. Gwf doing his and so on.......as far im conserned they should drop the vote-to-kick system all together or at least do it so if you trying to kick somebody all of the other player must vote yes not just couple buddies that want their friends in at the end....or to have the loot to them selves...
    I think the gearscore issue sometimes is like, it doesnt matter how big your gun is if you dont know from witch end the bullet comes out of you end up hurting youself or those around you....
    With my last built a gwf ODIN ive not done more than the dailis. Instead i bought the tier2 gear and sent him of to tiamat and got my templar armor. That was easier than the frustration of running dungeons and being on your toes to not being kicked of the game if you press need or greed in the wrong place and somebody in the game got mad because you won this or that..
    Post edited by zunamar on
  • arsenalatxarsenalatx Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I support the idea of having a vote-kicking system because sometimes players go afk and other times it is visible that one person is severely holding the group back. In those situations a player does need to be kicked. I think i can offer 2 changes that would significantly help the system.

1. Prevent booting while in combat, during any part of a boss fight, or while boss loot is on the ground or picked up but unrolled for.
    2. Allow players to enter a final boss room if and only if they have the maximum 5 players in the lobby. Prevent booting until the final boss has been failed at least once and after the final boss has been defeated.

I think we can all agree on the first one, but the second one would give players the choice of going at the boss with the party they have or booting a player and waiting for the position to be filled by a potentially weaker player than they just booted. It also guarantees that a player who started the dungeon will have at least one opportunity to beat the final boss.
    I got booted for an ELOL run. I am a 16.5 DC, great stats, and I know how to play my class. I usually run with my guild and we can completely **** on ELOL in minutes. But, I get all the way to the final room and this dumb dumb TR, about 13.1 gs with horrible stats, starts talking all kinds of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because he dies while fighting the scorpions (He stood in the red circles every time). But he says I am a horrible healer because I couldn't keep HIM alive, no one else every went below 80% health. But he keeps saying how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I am and how I suck at healing, next thing I know I am seeing the loading screen lol.

I even told him that he was standing in the red circles, but apparently one dumb dumb opinion was enough for everyone else to boot me.
    Wat me? I am not upset, I just thought it was funny that some clueless player thought he was god. lol
  • elkayemelkayem Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I feel like if there was the ability to host private dungeons, it would solve some of the issues as well.

-Kay
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    They are probably still looking into this to see what they can do, It's not going to help by repeating your self as it, won't make them do it faster lol.
  • elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The loot-booting would be easy to fix. The game has been out for over 2 years on the PC with the same problem, but apparently the company just doesn't care enough to fix the problem. They need to vote-kick whoever's in charge of this game over at perfect world because they are driving it into the ground.
    I love this game but I can see that they are alienating their players by not listening to the feedback they get. It's so frustrating....
  • franknycefranknyce Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Be on the lookout for CHITOWN SOILDERS guild. They are known to Boot n Loot. If you like to or wanna try to queue up randomly and enter a lobby that has been started check their guild as you will be disappointed if you help defeat the dragon or boss.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Still be alert but I have had success joining groups adverting in chat. I am usually in WoD to avoid the site floods.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
This discussion has been closed.