test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The (New) Vote-Kicking Feedback Thread

drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
What about getting kicked at the end of dungeons.

Somehow I don't think "firmly encouraging" people not to kick is a solution. Also people with higher GS can walk through most dungeons so after they've kicked enough people they don't have to worry about people joining. I'm wondering what the community thinks about the new VTK features.
Moderator Update:
News Article: Neverwinter Xbox One: Upcoming Features & Fixes for Rise of Tiamat
Queues, Vote-Kicking and Changing Instances

In addition to performance issues and based on community feedback, we also wanted to make sure we tackle issues with queues and the vote-kicking system. New players in an instance cannot be kicked right away; there is a three minute buffer before kicking is allowed, but we firmly encourage adventurers to not kick your own party members unless absolutely necessary. Queues will also respect roles when refilling, meaning if a Great Weapon Fighter is kicked, only a DPS can fill that role again. Finally, if a certain number of players are kicked from an instance, the queue will stop refilling completely, leaving anyone left to fend for themeselves. Believe us, you don't want to be alone with Chartillifax.

When it comes to changing instances, we've implemented sorting options to make it easier to find "56 up." You can also move to a guild member's instance through the guild UI now.

This thread will serve as the current feedback thread for VTK issue and feedback on the XBOX One Version.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    csk41csk41 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    This does noting to stem the main problem of kicking after the final boss is down. Man! So disappointed. Every pug group has to have that constant worry, that at the end of the dungeon you may get kicked before you can roll or open your chest, just so frustrating. I don't care if you kick when I first load in, I care if you kick me after 30 min to 2 hours of play time after the final boss is down, why can't you developers understand this.
  • Options
    worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I absolutely agree. They arent implementing changes that will make a difference, so disappointed after waiting so long on it. They should take it out and use the afk kick from Pvp. The system itseld causes more problems than it would not using one. Its frustrating that the developers don't see this when everyone else, besides elites, do.
  • Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Bravo! This is how you kill a game, lol.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    My prediction: You will see even more kicks at first as the VTKer's try to determine that magic number of kicks before the lockout.

As for the rest, yeah they "fixed" the wrong problem. Kicking at the start was not that big of an issue, kicking at the end is what needed addressed.
  • Options
    vintagevivvintageviv Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I agree that more work needs to be put into the system. The one problem they seem to have mitigated is the people who will start the run with full DPS only to determine at the boss fight "oh, we need a DC" and then start kicking everyone hoping to get a DC. At the very least this is one less kick type and hopefully there is still more work going into addressing the boot n loot issues. Those are just the worst.

I do have my hopes up that since the article refers to "major changes" that the patch notes will be more detailed and there is more to it.
  • Options
    celicoscelicos Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's simple, when any boss is engaged the group kick feature should be disabled. If the boss dies group kick should be disabled for up to 3 minutes or however long it takes for the loot rolls to disperse... This is all that really needs to change. The other stuff being implemented is just going to hurt groups overall.
  • Options
    celicoscelicos Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    So if people wipe on the boss fight, you can still VTK if they are severely lacking and holding the group back before attempting again. This limit really seems like a ridiculously bad idea that will be abusable.
  • Options
    dyi4ndyi4n Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Don't forget, we've only seen the highlights... Not the patch notes. Who knows what else will be in there, and even then... There's still the stealth changes too. I know what the real likelyhood is, but theres still hope.
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    celicos wrote: »
    It's simple, when any boss is engaged the group kick feature should be disabled. If the boss dies group kick should be disabled for up to 3 minutes or however long it takes for the loot rolls to disperse... This is all that really needs to change. The other stuff being implemented is just going to hurt groups overall.

Good idea. Something really needs to be done as an awful lot of players are leaving the game because of these idiots now. I think urgent action is needed or this game will collapse without a player base to support it. There were over 200 members in my guild and now there is under 100 of which only 1 or 2 ever seem to be online so I can't even run a dungeon with them any more. Got kicked 3 times last night after defeating the final boss and it's not worth bothering with them anymore it seems. Looking to join another guild with some "clean" players now, failing that I'll just stop playing I think. Totally demoralised with the game as it stands at the moment and no real action seems to be happening to sort these morons out.
  • Options
    marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    LMAO, So it seems as though the developers havn't even bothered to read the 22 page feedback thread about this.

They havn't even fixed the number one issue which was kicking at boss loot drops and instead added a 3 minute timer which means you waste more of your time in a dungeon and then get to see the protectors enclave loading screen.

And really, are you having a laugh with putting this in:

'but we firmly encourage adventurers to not kick your own party members unless absolutely necessary'

Yeah well let me tell you when they think its absolutely necessary, when its at the boss loot drops thats when.

You lot just seem to talk the talk but not walk the walk.
    Post edited by marv1001 on
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Y'all should comment on my thread about this which is under the appropriate "Feedback" section:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191192/your-fixes-to-the-vote-to-kick-system-make-it-worse
  • Options
    popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I've run Castle Never and the T2 dungeons 200-250 times. Never saw a single person kicked at a boss or before a boss.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My friends and I thought up a much better fix weeks ago, after 1 minute of brainstorming lol.

1) Can't initiate a VTK during combat
    2) Can't initiate a VTK while there is a loot roll going.
    3) Can't initiate a VTK after final boss is dead (This one is likely pointless, but I have been booted once before after loot roll was completed, but before getting chest...I mean...why? lol)

THAT'S IT!!!! Fixes everything everything except people being jerks (Like booting you right outside the final bosses room or something), but so long as there's a boot system at all...there will still be jerks. I know there are channels on Twitch devoted to just booting people to make people mad....
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Updated OP of thread to reflect that this is the new feedback thread for VTK issues and feedback. Thanks!
  • Options
    brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    Enjoying my time with "the other game" out there right now. Just checked in to see if the developers were listening to player feedback, but it appears my wishes were not granted. The VTK issue only really affected me maybe 10% of the time, but it's the principle - if they aren't going to take feedback seriously on this, do they really care about other issues?

Aside from the startup cost, I haven't spent a dime INSIDE "the other game". For Neverwinter the guild I was in was called WE BOUGHT OUR GEARSCORE, and I really wish I hadn't.
  • Options
    linkjdblinkjdb Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Here are some possible changes that could help the gaming community.

1)More advanced party controls which would include choosing which classes you would like to open empty slots to whether it be as specific as each class or DPS/Support

2) when the score is posted upon the death of the boss that no kicking will be allowed. This will help curb but not completely solve the problem. There are several groups that kick when there is only a tiny bit of hp left but they run the risk of dying and failing the boss when they start kicking. If we make kicking more difficult by including an extra step that would be more than simply just taping A over and over again would make it more difficult for them to kick in combat which could further keep people from being kicked in boss battles. This could be done by a verification step that requires 4 digits that generate at random to be entered to start or cast a vote. This would take some time and cause them to risk losing the fight for selfish gain.

3)Another possible fix could be that if the boss battle has been initiated and is in progress that the entire kick system is disabled until the fight concludes. All kicking would have to be done, if necessary, prior to the start of the boss battle. After the start of the battle, kicking would only be able after the entire team has failed and are waiting to restart the fight. This would essentially eliminate all boot and loot issues
    5)Another issue I see with the limitation of the number of kicks a lobby can have is that I believe the requirements are too low for some of the epic dungeons. 8300 score seems to translate to cannon fodder for most if not all of the T2 epic dungeons. In my opinion a more realistic minimum requirement should be 10500. At least at this gear score you stand a rough chance and will not be weighing down the rest of the team. Four people should not suffer because someone is trying to do a T2 dungeon with 8400 gearscore because the game will let you try. This may seem high but it is very easy to get your gearscore up using a few PVP matches a day with quests, unicorn seals from T1 dungeons, possible draconic drops from daily campaign quests (rothe valley and whispering caverns), using some of the astral diamonds to buy cheap gear for what you are still missing, and only playing dungeons of equipment you are missing. I was able to go from 6500 GS at lvl 59 to 11000 GS in 5 days without buying anything other than a pair of draconic boots playing 2-3 hours a day.

6)I think there should be a general cool down on using the kicking system. Each person should only get one vote every 2-3 minutes. There is nothing more annoying then a troll who knows they should not be in the lobby(very very low gearscore or unwillingness to work as a team) that gets kicked then is allowed to return to the lobby and start infinite amount of kicks on existing players to annoy them to death.

7)Any time a person is kicked from a lobby they should not be allowed back into that lobby for a period of time. Possibly a 4-5 minute ban to prevent repeat abuse and trolling.
    Guild Leader of Guardians of Mortalis-always looking for friendly players both experienced and new.
    Trickster Rogue 15k GS
    Hunter Ranger 11.5k GS
    Control Wizard 11.5k GS
  • Options
    murhandmurhand Member Posts: 1
    this sucks i cant even do t2 dungeon anymore with out get kicked NOW THEY HAVE STARTED KICKING AT THE FIRST BOSS what the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people fix this plz u want people to spend money but u want fix the problem i getting real old FAST
  • Options
    valkalysvalkalys Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    marv1001 wrote: »
    LMAO, So it seems as though the developers havn't even bothered to read the 22 page feedback thread about this.

Totally agree besides "if a certain number of players are kicked from an instance, the queue will stop refilling completely," that will help the players to kick until no more people come to the dungeon, especially lair of the pirate king where 3 skilled players can end the dungeon.
    Developers should take a step back and really listen what players say instead of releasing without sense solutions
  • Options
    snarfaholicsnarfaholic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    masteroga wrote: »
    My friends and I thought up a much better fix weeks ago, after 1 minute of brainstorming lol.

1) Can't initiate a VTK during combat
    2) Can't initiate a VTK while there is a loot roll going.
    3) Can't initiate a VTK after final boss is dead (This one is likely pointless, but I have been booted once before after loot roll was completed, but before getting chest...I mean...why? lol)

THAT'S IT!!!! Fixes everything everything except people being jerks (Like booting you right outside the final bosses room or something), but so long as there's a boot system at all...there will still be jerks. I know there are channels on Twitch devoted to just booting people to make people mad....

This guy, right here is genius. Penman solved.

I was going to suggest a disclaimer at boss. "Players cannot be kicked from this point".

If they fail the boss, VTK resumes. Some groups just suck and finding new players tend to be needed.

I don't mind.... Okay I do. I hate being kicked period. But I don't mind, before the boss.
    Booting me, to further your chance at getting the loot is to far.

This is what developers need to work on. Because player base stats to drop at this type of thing. If I can't do a dungeon, I can't advance my gear score. If I can't do that, I'm eventually going to give up and quit.
    Not me personally, but allot of people are easily defeated.
  • Options
    marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I really can't understand why another feedback thread has been made, the developers didn't look at the first feedback thread which was done and they won't be looking at this one either.

There was some really good suggestions for fixes in the first thread but in their infinite wisdom the developers just made up their own rubbish fix which will actually make the matter worse
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User

This is what developers need to work on. Because player base stats to drop at this type of thing. If I can't do a dungeon, I can't advance my gear score.

This is exactly what I think as well. I posted on another thread but to sum it up - Per the Player code of conduct -

In-Game Behavior Policies
    It is against our policies to intentionally disrupt the gameplay of other players. Disruptive actions include, but are not limited to:

Preventing content access to other players by blocking mobs/NPCs, doors, nodes, etc.

So if you are preventing other players from accessing the gear that drops and/or the chests at the end, in essence, you are violating the player code of conduct. In my opinion at least.

It goes further to say:

Policy Violations
    If characters are found in violation of our policies it may lead to disciplinary actions against the offending account. This includes temporary suspension from the game or permanent account closure.

So why are players allowed to make a Guild thats sole purpose is to prevent other players from gaining access to gear so they can access the content that is locked by gear score? You need the gear to access the content but cant get the gear because other players are preventing you from doing so. Pretty black and white to me but I am sure others will debate. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    misterrrwarlockmisterrrwarlock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    1) The 3 minute "immunity" which "the new guy" gets is not rational and can be abused. People who takeover instances now will have whole 3 minutes to start a ton of kick votes. If this happens mid-instance, players who actually fought and spent their time will be at a disadvantage - this is not fair. Its those players who did the job that should have 3 minute immunity;
    2) Closing instances after certain amount of vote kicks is not going to work. Lets say an instance "sniper" joins, you kick him. His friend joins, you kick him too. Then the joins again. So you spend 9 minutes just kicking them, and then the instance gets closed because of YOU abusing the vote kick system - cool huh;
    3) You should not force people to play with 4 DPS'es/Clerics/Tanks because this is what is going to happen if we are denied an option to get another class in. I bet that you can not guarantee the right set up for a specific instance (like 1 tank 1 heal and 3 dps), so why would you introduce a system which works this way? I will have to queue 50 times until I get a rational set up?
    4) There are DPS Healers and Healing warlocks - you take these out of the game, this is not fair. Maybe we do not need that 8k Cleric, maybe we are good with that 16k Warlock?

Rational changes, "the first steps" should be:
    1) Denying vote kicks after boss fight starts;
    2) Denying vote kicks if there is a loot screen or letting people who got kicked to still choose need or greed;
    3) Enforcing 3 minute vote kick cool down on a person who just joined. In other words, if I am the new guy, I can not initiate any kicks. This will make lobby stealing harder.
    4) Introducing a vote kick cool down: if I start a vote, I can not create it again for at least 30 seconds. People who steal lobbies are usually very fast and create one vote after another.
    5) Removing an instance from the queue when the final boss fight begins: if 3-4 of us are doing the job, only 3-4 of us should get the loot. Its annoying when someone else joins when the boss is almost dead and gets their shot at loot.

That is it. Do not force me to fight CN boss with 9k gerascore person who keeps failing to do his job: I don't want it and if others don't want it, then... Why? I don't want to be scared to kick bad players just because all my work getting to the boss might fade away if the instance gets removed from the queue system.

Introduce these fixes and see what happens. If it does not work, try to create other fixes.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    They made the new VTK thread so that they could see how people feel about the VTK issue in relation to the update they made about the fixes. Though seeing as they didn't address the issue anyway it doesn't seem to have a point.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Its amazing how they can make such a great FREE game which will obviously come with issues, one being the kick issue yet they totally failed to listen to the main kick issue and decided to do an update that will alter nothing regarding the biggest issue of kicking right at or after the boss fight when it loot roll time!

I'm amazed at the ignorance of who ever decided what changes to implement, every place you look theres complaints about the boss kick issue! Madness.

Oh and getting kicked when something good drops (An artifact on Tuern) Can easily resolved by preventing kicks when something purple drops!
  • Options
    ancojo wrote: »
    Its amazing how they can make such a great FREE game which will obviously come with issues, one being the kick issue yet they totally failed to listen to the main kick issue and decided to do an update that will alter nothing regarding the biggest issue of kicking right at or after the boss fight when it loot roll time!

I'm amazed at the ignorance of who ever decided what changes to implement, every place you look theres complaints about the boss kick issue! Madness.

Oh and getting kicked when something good drops (An artifact on Tuern) Can easily resolved by preventing kicks when something purple drops!

And I am 99.99% sure that they will ignore our feedback completely and still implement these so called "fixes". Its just sad because the player base will shrink even more.

• Options
    heatley2142heatley2142 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I don't think they realize how many players they are losing to 'the other game recently released' because these issues. With Boot & loot in PVE and TR's in PVP the game should be renamed Protectors Enclave online.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Can't make everyone happy but the kick option is abused. To remain inclusive and team oriented, the kick should be removed. If anyone feels the random team experience appears problematic based on others lack of game skill(gear score) in the room, then leave. Search for your preference in a public team or form a group.

I hate having to start over, I am disturbed by the kick option, especially when I mostly PASS on the roll.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    Can't make everyone happy but the kick option is abused. To remain inclusive and team oriented, the kick should be removed. If anyone feels the random team experience appears problematic based on others lack of game skill(gear score) in the room, then leave. Search for your preference in a public team or form a group.

I hate having to start over, I am disturbed by the kick option, especially when I mostly PASS on the roll.

Removing VTK would mean removing queues otherwise it would be stupid as hell. I would join your group and go afk midway - how about that? You can't kick me and I will have my chance at loot - cool huh? Another form of abuse would emerge: idlers. What about the situation where we don't get a cleric or get a cleric who does not know how to heal and dies every 2 minutes? No prob you say, leave right? People would start making GS based decisions even more, because you want to be sure that you are playing with a person who knows what he is doing. So no one will play with low GS people because no one wants to face huge problems in final boss fights without having a chance to change anything. There are many bad players, like really. 13+ Gs hunters with 300 crit and 3500 arm pen, tanks who don't know how to tank, healers who don't know how to heal or dodge or use divinity.
  • Options
    xnxn7xxnxn7x Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    THANK GOD! Hope all you boot and loot loser's out there quit playing now!
    Yay Perfect World you ROCK!

B.t.w!
    Onlything I would have done different for the Vote Kick System is
    once you start the end boss of a dungeon there is no longer the ability to
    vote kick until you have either wipped and started back at the campfire this way
    all ability to boot and loot will be gone. Means no one can boot you during the fight
    or after the boss has been defeated until you have left the dungeon yourself.
    This way the problem of the vote kicking for loot has been solved completely.
This discussion has been closed.