test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The (New) Vote-Kicking Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Truely unbelievably that after all these months of people posting about the kicking problem this is what they came up with. 99% of all peoples real issue with kicking was due to being kicked after the boss death for loot. Hence all the hooplah about "boot and loot". Its inconceivable that ARC did not know this. So why would they not address it. I sense a conspiracy here. This gaming is dying and ARC is clueless about it.
  • Options
    primeminister0907primeminister0907 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So....im pretty much done with this game. Between the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up economy, the micro-transactions to get anywhere for end game progression, and the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> getting kicked from group when I ran the dungeon from the beginning is it...I don't know what the hell the dev's are working on but obviously it isn't what most of your players are asking for, IE fixing that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Also...how hard is it to fix a racial quest (glitched door for the Drow quest.) You had a chance to really have a decent game, especially after being the legacy of Neverwinter Nights and the other games in the D&D/NeverWinter story arc but this is crazy. I'll go and try Elder Scrolls or go back to FFXIV. At least I don't have to spend money to get what I need to move forward.
  • Options
    sponsahmesponsahme Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    > @xnxn7x said:
    > THANK GOD! Hope all you boot and loot loser's out there quit playing now!
    > Yay Perfect World you ROCK!
    >
    > B.t.w!
    > Onlything I would have done different for the Vote Kick System is
    > once you start the end boss of a dungeon there is no longer the ability to
    > vote kick until you have either wipped and started back at the campfire this way
    > all ability to boot and loot will be gone. Means no one can boot you during the fight
    > or after the boss has been defeated until you have left the dungeon yourself.
    > This way the problem of the vote kicking for loot has been solved completely.

lols
  • Options
    > @primeminister0907 said:
    > So....im pretty much done with this game. Between the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up economy, the micro-transactions to get anywhere for end game progression, and the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> getting kicked from group when I ran the dungeon from the beginning is it...I don't know what the hell the dev's are working on but obviously it isn't what most of your players are asking for, IE fixing that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Also...how hard is it to fix a racial quest (glitched door for the Drow quest.) You had a chance to really have a decent game, especially after being the legacy of Neverwinter Nights and the other games in the D&D/NeverWinter story arc but this is crazy. I'll go and try Elder Scrolls or go back to FFXIV. At least I don't have to spend money to get what I need to move forward.

I'll address every single point you have made.

1. Yes the economy is screwed up, but you can still run pirate king for money since the greater marks went up in price by a lot.

2. They are not forcing you to spend real life money on this, but it is indeed hard to compete with other players who played from the beginning when castle never items were selling for like 1m a pop and the shores set was selling for like at least 200k a piece.

3. like every other mmo the only way not to get screwed over and kicked is by joining a guild of like minded people.

Basically I don't recommended getting into neverwinter if you are new to the game and don't want to spend 1000 dollars on the game, because it's extremely hard to make money with the current content compared to before.
  • Options
    primeminister0907primeminister0907 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    > @sponsahme said:
    >

> I'll address every single point you have made.
    >
    > 1. Yes the economy is screwed up, but you can still run pirate king for money since the greater marks went up in price by a lot.
    >
    > 2. They are not forcing you to spend real life money on this, but it is indeed hard to compete with other players who played from the beginning when castle never items were selling for like 1m a pop and the shores set was selling for like at least 200k a piece.
    >
    > 3. like every other mmo the only way not to get screwed over and kicked is by joining a guild of like minded people.
    >
    > Basically I don't recommended getting into neverwinter if you are new to the game and don't want to spend 1000 dollars on the game, because it's extremely hard to make money with the current content compared to before.
    >
    > I appreciate your honesty and your point of view, but its sad that unless you have been playing the game since the beginning, and you can join a guild but depending on your luck, social skills, etc, chances are you join one thats really small and only a few people play, or you join a larger one and the people there are the assess that have been kicking you out of dungeons from day one...not to mention the ridiculous prerequisites to joining the better guilds, IE GS, certain companions, etc, etc, which loops back to the beginning of the vicious cycle...real world money, booting from dungeons, LOL, you get my drift.
    >
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
  • Options
    Yea my guild started out only recruiting 13k+ gearscore players and then we went to 15k+ players. now since tiamats release we only recruit 17k+ players lol. I get it though my guild only wants people who are active and will be around for a long term.
  • Options
    mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User

Hell yeah! Took them a while but this appears to address some of the big issues.
  • Options
    it's not like it matters at this point. all the people i know who booted n loot castle never etc.. have like 18k-21k gearscore by now anyway lol
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Yes, the way to get all those purple and orange items and rank 8 plus enchants is to be a bootnloot scumbag and to ride on all these other players who are only there to contribute to your 25K GS and otherwise just leech off your awesomeness and better than everyone guild who's always on top of the leaderboards in every activity because they are the superlative godlike mmo players. And everyone else is just a loser scrub only fit to walk all over to get the rings and necklace on the shores and GMoPs in EPK and right fthem, coattail riding quitter dirtbags SHUT UP AND GIVE ME AD. Oh, right, and trading and right at the last minute sub silver and they won't notice, hey 99 Greater scrolls only 40 gold what a deal, amirite?
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Is Boot n' Loot even an issue anymore? There is no point in running any T2/CN/Epics now that Tiamat drops T2 gear like candy. Plus, there is no booting in Tiamat, just 10k gs noobs that ruin runs for everyone else. So, Boot n' Loot was replaced with 10ks going to Tiamat when they are not ready.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Boot and loot is definitely an issue still
    Yesterday in castle never we lost our healer right at the door before the final boss.
    one after another a player entered from the same guild (3 times in a row) as soon as they arrived they started kick votes on the players already present.
    Once they had run through everyone on the list we kicked them and another one of their guild would join and start the process again, until that is we looked up their xbl profile blocked them and reported them.

The problem in this game imho is we havent seen Major Nelsons enforcement crew in here yet.
    We need the Enforcement team in badly, heres a thought arc create som 20 k plus accounts for the Enforcement team and lets have them in the epics and in Tiamat and see how long these guys survive? :)
  • Options
    My point was, why bother running anything but Tiamat? T2 drops are so common there is no need to run anything else and put up with Boot/Loot. Plus, you can run Tiamat in a fraction of the time of some T2s, most notably CN.
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I still do not understand how it is so hard for the devs to allow you to create custom runs where you can select loot mode(round robin) and no vtk and any class. People could then que up for a no boot team, pick up loot whenever they want, and run any team makeup.

If somebody quits, allow team leader to invite from friends list or search players looking to run that dungeon.

We form up a team of three or four and wait several minutes while the game looks for whatever class and nothing ques up. Next step we use LFG and battle with chat spammers just to try and fill the team because the que is broken.

My question is did Cryptic want to make a que completely opposite to what they created in City of Heroes just to say the games are different?

• Options
    dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    So as I understand it, the problem is groups of friends joining a queue, getting grouped with a random person, and then kicking that person for loot reasons (or in some cases just to be jerks). Yes?

Tell me what's wrong with this idea: join a queue as a group, that group that joined together collectively only gets one vote.

So if a 5-person group consists of two 2-perosn groups and a soloer, there are only 3 votes total available for kicks. If you join as a group of four and are paired with a random soloer, there's literally nothing you can do to get rid of that soloer.
  • Options
    urdicaurdica Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, I suppose I've been lucky and have never been booted at the end of an epic dungeon...until last night. I started at the beginning, fought all the way to the end of the dungeon, and then was kicked as I stood there waiting for the boss fight to start (pirate king). I would like to point out that the proposed solution of stopping kicks 'during and after a boss fight' would not have helped this.
    I was so angry about this, I shut the game off and played a different game. I'm pretty sure that isn't in the Perfect World business model. It sucks because one of the important things about MMOs (for me anyway) is the sense of community. For whatever reason, this one has none. What it does seem to have is a bunch of selfish people continually complaining about each other in chat and taking every opportunity to ruin other peoples' experience.
    I suspect the audience on the XBOX might be less mature than the PC version. Maybe not.
    Personally, I'd rather have NO vote to kick system at all and occasionally have to quit due to someone being afk or something than have this.
    I recognize that this isnt an easy thing to fix, but I also recognize that dedicated, decent players are going to start leaving this game if something drastic isnt done.
    Ok I'm done. thanks for listening. :)
  • Options
    You got kicked at the end of PK?! What is the point in doing that? I hate VTK in general, but on PK? Were you doing something they all hated, or were they in a guild?
  • Options
    urdicaurdica Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm certain I wasn't doing anything wrong. And I agree I didnt see the point either. We made it all the way through, everyone stood around the campfire for a minute, than BAM I was out. I assume it was a guild, but honestly the way people play this game, it could have just been someone randomly being a jerk and booting people for no reason. Which, sadly works because so many people instinctively hit 'YES' when presented with the option. Whatrever their reason, it was a really crappy thing to do. It's very discouraging.
  • Options
    Oh, I know. I have been kicked more times than I can count on my main, a TR. Everyone automatically assumes that a TR can't handle the boss fight, but yet the TR carries the team through the entire dungeon lol. But its fine for me now, I no longer run any T2 since Tiamat drops gear like candy....T2's are obsolete, and I don't know why people still run them.
  • Options
    nagadawanagadawa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is a major issue. I have tried to complete a lvl 60 epic dungeon several times over the past 4 days and have been unsuccessful each time because at the end of killing a boss or mini boss I get kicked out before I have a chance to win the drops! This is sooooo frustrating! The players don't mind keeping me around to help kill all the mobs and boss, but don't want me getting a chance to win any loot! I'm a CW Spellstorm Thurm and my gear score is in the 12000's. I understand that there are people in the 16000 19000+ gear score's, but how do they expect us to get up to that lvl if you get kicked before you have a chance of winning gear that you earned?! I'm loving this game thus far, but this is a game changer for me if it doesn't get fixed properly. It shouldn't be possible to kick someone during a boss fight, or after a boss fight till the epic loot has been distributed!
  • Options
    nagadawanagadawa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    patsfire wrote: »
    Oh, I know. I have been kicked more times than I can count on my main, a TR. Everyone automatically assumes that a TR can't handle the boss fight, but yet the TR carries the team through the entire dungeon lol. But its fine for me now, I no longer run any T2 since Tiamat drops gear like candy....T2's are obsolete, and I don't know why people still run them.

diamonds
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    patsfire wrote: »
    My point was, why bother running anything but Tiamat? T2 drops are so common there is no need to run anything else and put up with Boot/Loot. Plus, you can run Tiamat in a fraction of the time of some T2s, most notably CN.

Uhm, you say its pointless to do queus, just do tiamat, but then say the real problem is 10kgs players are joining.

So obviously, running epics is still needed to raise gearscore, from needed gear and diamonds to bankroll upgrades

But, still..I havent played for a long time. Ever since they created this dumb fix for vtk,.and I wont play until they fix it complety I will not waste my time and have others ruin it so easily.

45 minute dungeon just to get kicked..forget that noise
  • Options
    frydaddy723frydaddy723 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So the new vote system is in place, and it still doesn't do anything to stop people from kicking after the boss fight. I just got kicked after half carrying the team through the dungeon. Boss fight's over, the other SW wants the loot, I get kicked.

It's been said in other responses on here, but I'm going to say it again. Disable kicking as soon as the Boss fight starts. Do not allow kicking until all the loot rolls are resolved once the Boss is dead. That way, if you have someone that can't handle the Boss fight, once you've wiped, you can try to fill their role with someone who can handle the Boss.

If this doesn't happen, the situation will never be fixed. This same BS is going to happen over and over again. That, in the end, will make myself and I'm sure a good number of other players simply stop playing.
  • Options
    razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    i suppose it dosnt stop groups from abusing the system. maybe a thing like in the Mass effect 3 MP.
  • Options
    ipinkbellyipinkbelly Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Please...don't allow kicking after the boss has been defeated.

Hubby and I just did Castle, from the start till the end carrying everyone while people were jumping in and out of the group the entire run and had 3 randoms join us right at the end. We beat it, saw the cut-screen and got kicked...
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    ipinkbelly wrote: »
    Please...don't allow kicking after the boss has been defeated.

Hubby and I just did Castle, from the start till the end carrying everyone while people were jumping in and out of the group the entire run and had 3 randoms join us right at the end. We beat it, saw the cut-screen and got kicked...

I run with three typically now, so we control the vote lobby, seek me out in game or send me a friend invite on XBL (my name on here is my handle) and if we are on at the same time we will hook up so you dont face that.

Cheers
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    After beating ELOL Easily first time with a 13k cw and placing 2nd in damage dealt it seems im not allowed to run itnever again, since i keep getting booted the minute i enter.

Remove vote kicking entirely. Your playerbase is being denied end game content by other players. This is not ok, and current changes wont help.
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Like literally have all the drops from Tiamat already, have the lol rings, art offhand mainhand neck and belt. All blue but im working on. Only gear left needed are thing i need much higher crafting to make, or the elol rings. Making me want to quit playing this character and my other since i cant do anything i need to do to advance without getting booted
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    There are 4 year olds (at least mentally) in this game that think the only reason anyone else is playing is so they can get stuff and make money. Sometimes they think it's funny to act nice while they're messing up the run by doing VTKs. Other times there's more than one like that (even if they don't know each other) and no people like me who almost always vote no unless there's a clear actual reason. They think it's cute and awesome to make it so you can't get seals or open the chest even though it gets them nothing, or they just want to make you angry. It depends on the dungeon and how long it's been going on and what might be in it, true. Other times I've seen people go out of their way to wait for other players who got knocked off a bridge or disconnected or whatever. But I just mostly run EPK and normal DV for the dailys or lulz or because it's delve time. And most of the time I just pass on anything off class, because why do I need more salvage stuff to put in the bank for later anyway, I want GMo Power or Union. Not that that's happening anyway but whatever.

I guess the thing to say is wait for the ultraupdate and the time it takes to fix whatever it breaks, and a lot of the vtk fixes will make it less enticing for those types. Even though it doesn't fix every possible thing, it removes a lot of the reason to be there being an anonymous dirtbag slimewad. Well the old ones at least.
This discussion has been closed.