What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The (New) Vote-Kicking Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    popezen01 wrote: »
    I've run Castle Never and the T2 dungeons 200-250 times. Never saw a single person kicked at a boss or before a boss.

Haha, that's a good joke man, rofl! People have started kicking at all 3 bosses on Pirate King now. But you have to admit, 40% more AD with no repercussions is pretty nice. I'm gonna start doing it too I think....If you can't beat em, join em....right?

• Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xnxn7x wrote: »
    THANK GOD! Hope all you boot and loot loser's out there quit playing now!
    Yay Perfect World you ROCK!

B.t.w!
    Onlything I would have done different for the Vote Kick System is
    once you start the end boss of a dungeon there is no longer the ability to
    vote kick until you have either wipped and started back at the campfire this way
    all ability to boot and loot will be gone. Means no one can boot you during the fight
    or after the boss has been defeated until you have left the dungeon yourself.
    This way the problem of the vote kicking for loot has been solved completely.

You do realize that this update doesn't actually fix any of the issues right? 3 minutes is only enough to to clear a few mobs, it's not even enough time to get to a boss most of the time. People will just get kicked at the 3 minute marker instead of immediately meaning they will have wasted 3 minutes of their time rather than 10 seconds. As for the queue not pulling in any more players after so many kicks, this just means there there will be even more kicks. You mean to tell me I can just kick people a few times to guarantee my 3 man t2 farms? Done deal. This wasn't much of an issue before but it will be now.

Also the main reason for asking for a fix to VTK was for boot & loot. They in no way fix the issue they just prolonged it by a few mobs and actually incorporated a new reason to kick people more.

If your post was meant to be sarcastic then disregard my post and work on your sarcasm :p
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Can't make everyone happy but the kick option is abused. To remain inclusive and team oriented, the kick should be removed. If anyone feels the random team experience appears problematic based on others lack of game skill(gear score) in the room, then leave. Search for your preference in a public team or form a group.

I hate having to start over, I am disturbed by the kick option, especially when I mostly PASS on the roll.

Removing VTK would mean removing queues otherwise it would be stupid as hell. I would join your group and go afk midway - how about that? You can't kick me and I will have my chance at loot - cool huh? Another form of abuse would emerge: idlers. What about the situation where we don't get a cleric or get a cleric who does not know how to heal and dies every 2 minutes? No prob you say, leave right? People would start making GS based decisions even more, because you want to be sure that you are playing with a person who knows what he is doing. So no one will play with low GS people because no one wants to face huge problems in final boss fights without having a chance to change anything. There are many bad players, like really. 13+ Gs hunters with 300 crit and 3500 arm pen, tanks who don't know how to tank, healers who don't know how to heal or dodge or use divinity.

I understand these issues. But the point is this, you are in a randomly formed party, go with the flow or back out. I experience the same issues. I would rather deal with inexperienced players than not having enough in the party from a series of kicks.

So your efforts are doubled having to keep the person lacking skill alive, I am not deterred by that.

If I understand the 'idlers' term correctly, that is an easy statement to write, cycle another player in based on a timer. If a player is 'idle' for a minute and/or 300 feet away and idle, cycle an active player in.

The last event we had, I was pulled into a quest 80% completed. That works great. Probably did not need me. There was two 60's, a 35 and 20 in the party. All were pulling their 'gear score' weight.

This is a game, it has flaws, but it quickly becomes not fun when a random player punts the top performer from the game. I hate that most of all.

The loot, be on your toes, everyone has a shot at it. I am not bothered by someone who is scavenging while others are working the foes. I guess I should be. I mean the most rewarding loot is given out by a Roll and I don't win many but that is acceptable, to me.

I do have an issue of someone running/slipping past the group objectives and not helping out. That is where my suggestion of 300 feet/one minute spawns from. That bothers me, seen an uptick of that lately. Your use of 'idlers' to me means someone joined but has not progressed with the group. I hate that in any game. Saw it often in COD, someone with other accounts manipulating game play.

Are we straying off topic...
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Should have posted this here. Sorry...

My suggestion as I just did is to contact Xbox Live via chat and voice your complaint at the lack of action the developers are taking to address violations of player conduct. I am pleased with the outcome of my chat session as alot of specific information was requested and all of my screen shots along with my reported and blocked players lists through xbox were gathered. They did ask me to continue doing what I am doing with screens, videos, and reports. I dont know how much effort everyone else wants to put into an actual fix for this issue but here is an option. I am a firm believer in not complaining unless I am willing to stand up and do something about it.
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    marv1001 wrote: »
    I really can't understand why another feedback thread has been made, the developers didn't look at the first feedback thread which was done and they won't be looking at this one either.

There was some really good suggestions for fixes in the first thread but in their infinite wisdom the developers just made up their own rubbish fix which will actually make the matter worse

This..........

• Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Some of the best ideas come from gamers, the devs have clearly failed to take any notice of the ideas that have been mentioned on these forums, a kick stat that shows you how much a person votes to kick, a stop point for kicking such as half way, if they're good enough to get you half way they're good enough to do the full dungeon/skirmish. The BIGGEST issue mentioned hasn't even had anything done to it, kicking before or after boss fights so you cannot roll on loot!

Did I not read a post a fews weeks back that a dev or someone with some clout was going to be on the forums? If so you need sacked mate cos you clearly haven't done your job, you have failed miserably to take any notice of the main issue of the vtk system and instead the devs are adding some features that wont alter or change this issue in any way at all!

SO I've decided that when the update comes out, if I get booted just once at the end of a boss fight before I can roll then NW is bye bye, I love the game but the "End game" For me is doing dungeons so for that to be ruined and nothing done about it is criminal and not for me, thing is its not just me but many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many players complaining about it! GET IT YET DEVS?
  • Options
    Oh and I've also noticed that theres no vote up or down a post system in place, its seems to me that PW don't seem to have a clue about how voting can not only hinder but also help other players if its used in the correct way!
  • Options
    ancojo wrote: »
    Some of the best ideas come from gamers, the devs have clearly failed to take any notice of the ideas that have been mentioned on these forums, a kick stat that shows you how much a person votes to kick, a stop point for kicking such as half way, if they're good enough to get you half way they're good enough to do the full dungeon/skirmish. The BIGGEST issue mentioned hasn't even had anything done to it, kicking before or after boss fights so you cannot roll on loot!

Did I not read a post a fews weeks back that a dev or someone with some clout was going to be on the forums? If so you need sacked mate cos you clearly haven't done your job, you have failed miserably to take any notice of the main issue of the vtk system and instead the devs are adding some features that wont alter or change this issue in any way at all!

SO I've decided that when the update comes out, if I get booted just once at the end of a boss fight before I can roll then NW is bye bye, I love the game but the "End game" For me is doing dungeons so for that to be ruined and nothing done about it is criminal and not for me, thing is its not just me but many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many players complaining about it! GET IT YET DEVS?

I agree, not sticking around if my invested time is not wanted. Too many other games to try.
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Im telling you guys at least make an attempt to contact Microsoft and start a support chat. Explain to them that this company is not enforcing their own Player Code of Conduct by not punishing those players that abuse the system and prevent others from game content. This is also against the terms of use for Xbox Live. I say we keep pushing it until one of two things happen. The abusers get perma banned from xbox live or Microsoft stops the game on their system.
  • Options
    marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This company is digging their own grave with this game on xbox one, they have stated over the last few weeks that the VTK issue was being looked at and would be fixed. This so called 'FIX' isn't a fix at all, it is basically a kick in the teeth to all the people who posted some really good feedback and some real potential fixes in the first feedback thread.

This company has tossed all them ideas and feedback under B for bin and then went out on a bender and then on the way back in the taxi they then dreamed up this rubbish and wrote it down on the back of a cigarette packet.

I really cannot believe that they can't see the repercussions of what this so called 'FIX' will do to them
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It was just a word mistake, they missed it out so I've done what the devs clearly cant do and fixed the issue.

"New players in an instance cannot be kicked right away; there is a three minute buffer before kicking is allowed"

New update:-

"New players in an instance can be kicked right away; there is a three minute buffer before kicking is NOT allowed"
  • Options
    podperson13podperson13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Kind of fails to fix the issue in a big way doesn’t it? Once you get to the final boss and until everyone exits if or when they beat it is when there should be no vote kicking allowed. What feedback from the community were they listening to?
  • Options
    madcntmadcnt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is this for real?
    Never in my entire gaming history have i seen such complete incompetence.
    THIS IS ABSURD. IT IS ****** ABSURD.
    I dont even know how to be polite here. I have lost roughly 3 MIO AD due to boot looting
    in CN, elol and eshores.
    NOTHING WILL CHANGE WITH THIS "FIX"

In all honesty i hope your game dies. You do not deserve any players with the way you treat us.
    I provided VIDEO PROOF of people boot looting as soon as they saw a class item drop for me and
    NOTHING was done to those players, neither did i get the loot i deserved.

Continue digging your own grave, i can only repeat myself, i hope your game dies due to your
    ridiculous incompetence.

Have a nice day and thank you for ruining the fun I once had with this game, as well as many
    hours i spent carrying a-holes through dungeons, with the reward of getting kicked.

<Removed filter circumvention. Please do not circumvent the profanity filter. Thanks! ~Zeb>
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And as others have stated and what I knew would happen as well:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191735/server-down-again-after-maintenence-people-making-threats-in-zone-chat

Well done Perfect world and Cryptic, you have actually started to bury your game in Neverdeath Graveyard
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    Im telling you guys at least make an attempt to contact Microsoft and start a support chat. Explain to them that this company is not enforcing their own Player Code of Conduct by not punishing those players that abuse the system and prevent others from game content. This is also against the terms of use for Xbox Live. I say we keep pushing it until one of two things happen. The abusers get perma banned from xbox live or Microsoft stops the game on their system.

I am on-board with your approach to some type of resolution. I am willing to voice my concerns here for a short time since the feedback here should be reviewed daily if forward progress is a goal for the Devs. Not everyone will be happy with any change, changes are not timely enough for most and noticeable from recent posts.

One thing to remember, it is what it is and its the same for everyone.
    madcnt wrote: »

Have a nice day and thank you for ruining the fun I once had with this game, as well as many
    hours i spent carrying a-holes through dungeons, with the reward of getting kicked.

<Removed filter circumvention. Please do not circumvent the profanity filter. Thanks! ~Zeb>

This is the part that burns most, for me. Forget that I passed on gathering any/all loot, just wanted the prize offered at the end. Carried the team and get kicked before entering the final. I've lost count, but that is why I feel manual kicking is not needed. It should be coded into the game, not offered. Retention is at stake the way it is presently setup.
    Post edited by davidagaldo on
  • Options
    ghetts1990ghetts1990 Member Posts: 1
    This will not work at just all remove the vtk we dont need it have you ever played a japenese mmorpg there is no vtk just if you dont like the people you just leave and que again and maby you will have better luck with the next set of people plus when u die on a boss you just run back in and resume the fight bosses have timers of like 30 mins if you dont do it in the time given tought luck the boss fight starts again just listen to me get rid of vote to kick before you losse your whole player base and allow us to go back in the boss fight dont lock the door its sad plus why do we have to wait outside the boss for 5 secs cant we just go in
  • Options
    Just wondering if there is the remotest possibility that one of the developers is looking at this thread. If there is then the person in this thread:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1192069/kicked-after-defeating-lostmauth

would like an answer of how he got kicked from the end boss in ELOL after healing a french guild who kindly repaid his healing by a quick boot back to the protectors enclave.

So how will this fantastic new 'FIX' fix the kick at boss loots? I really would like to know as looking back over the 22 page feedback thread, I mean I read that and I posted in it, I don't know if you lot read or posted in it but I did. And the number one issue is boot at boss drops. So how will this new dreamed up 'FIX' fix this then???
  • Options
    mosshopper69mosshopper69 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I am done, ran 5 pugs and booted 5 times after boss. After my trapper ranger out dps'd everyone I get noting to show for it, thats 5 times tonight alone. To say I am frustrated does not even begin to describe how I feel. Until the VTK is fixed or removed entirely this game is a waste of time just like the trash that boots everyone for there own greed. I am gone, time to buy Elder Scrolls. Will not play this PoS game again.
  • Options
    s3vails3vail Member Posts: 11 Arc User

drexci wrote: »
    What about getting kicked at the end of dungeons.

Somehow I don't think "firmly encouraging" people not to kick is a solution. Also people with higher GS can walk through most dungeons so after they've kicked enough people they don't have to worry about people joining. I'm wondering what the community thinks about the new VTK features.
    Moderator Update:
    News Article: Neverwinter Xbox One: Upcoming Features & Fixes for Rise of Tiamat
    Queues, Vote-Kicking and Changing Instances

In addition to performance issues and based on community feedback, we also wanted to make sure we tackle issues with queues and the vote-kicking system. New players in an instance cannot be kicked right away; there is a three minute buffer before kicking is allowed, but we firmly encourage adventurers to not kick your own party members unless absolutely necessary. Queues will also respect roles when refilling, meaning if a Great Weapon Fighter is kicked, only a DPS can fill that role again. Finally, if a certain number of players are kicked from an instance, the queue will stop refilling completely, leaving anyone left to fend for themeselves. Believe us, you don't want to be alone with Chartillifax.

When it comes to changing instances, we've implemented sorting options to make it easier to find "56 up." You can also move to a guild member's instance through the guild UI now.

This thread will serve as the current feedback thread for VTK issue and feedback on the XBOX One Version.

Obviously they do not play the game on the console...... Its a disturbing feeling to spend 2 hours on a dungeon and to be kicked at the end because the guild is greedy. If I had to think of a poor solution that would take 10 mintues of coding to try and come up with a solution that would satisfy the people who boot and loot so they can make more money off the people who buy zen (which are most likely the people getting booted) I probably would've came up with this marketing strategy. The xbox community is not the same and should not be treated the same. Ever since this has become a problem I refused to donate any of my cash to dev's that don't care about the people who are being abused.

Honestly I think this solution will cause more problems and will deplete the population at a quicker rate. I understand its a business but what business is respected by any individual if they completely ignore their own customers. I've read many solutions that would cure this disease but they come up with a solution that will help the people who caused it!!

I've been a big d&d fan my whole life but this is just down low
  • Options
    dustcowdustcow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am so sick of this game now...
    I brought down Garakas while the rest of the team was already dead and 'waiting at the gate'. It was quite a battle, but when I found an artifact belt after, I was pretty psyched and hoped the loot was going to be mine. The thrill was for seconds, because then the obviously befriended others booted me and ran off with the artifact belt.
    How the hell can a game developer be so ignorant about something like this? I'm beyond furious...
    It was fun while it lasted Neverwinter. But this was the last straw for me...
  • Options
    I tanked my way through 95% of a dungeon to complete a daily just to get voted out before the last boss. I have lost count, too many times this has occurred. Change is needed.
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    the point is the people that kicked or kick will be in isolation so they wont get a random to ever do the dung in the first place what you get for kicking ^^ so if u kicked mass amonts of players when tiamat drops whats the odds of u finding 25 ppl anymore pretty slim the more u kick the more u get isolated and have less chances to get anywhere in the game. I will laugh at the players that abuse vk they had it comeing.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Sunday evening, jumped in the queue for Idris to complete a daily for any level 60 for both Lord Protector and Rhix. I got in as a random, obviously, and the group was 300-400 feet ahead. I was kicked four times! Four times from the same group! The fifth attempt showed two of the original group members so I waited for the room to fill and in that time of waiting the original group members dropped out I guess. Completed the dungeon but could not collect for completing a level 60 (an issue for another thread) daily.

During this daily I saw a VTK appear and I ignored it till a popup for loot appeared, voted NO, but the person still disappeared from the list.

I have not ever initiated but will vote YES if the person is sitting idle, not active in the immediate area in the fight for a minute or more.

I recall the next player 1200+ feet away and closing in on us, replacing the person voted out, had a VTK against them. WOW! Really! This is crazy. I voted NO, NO vote won and that player ran to the end with us. I am glad this VTK system is not in my other favorite games.

Making a point of voting someone out to balance the roles is moot to me with a random group. Its not fun being voted out. Why play if the community does not want you to. The roles argument should be satisfied/sorted out before even pushing forward. I am a Rogue and ended up the tank in the group. I did not have the highest GS or other stats, YES, I inspect to know how hard I will have to work and if I want to stick around. I finished with 3+ million damage dealt over the next person. I enjoyed the challenges, providing support and leading/carving a path. If anyone has to argue group roles need to be balanced, needs to form a group prior to entering. Jumping into a group of randoms and starting VTKs because someone is not on par, up to speed, skilled... Wow. If its that frustrating, back out, form your group.

Speculating, but it appears the prior group was just kicking peeps for fun. On my third attempt at joining the daily (same lousy kick happy group each time), managed to get in view of the group and I was punted. Crazy, just crazy. Earlier in the day, similar situation, I had to leave the game, went back to Advance Warefare. I hope this VTK trend ends.
    Post edited by davidagaldo on
  • Options
    bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I got my first thread kick last night. First time as a lvl 60 CW. It happened after we just got wiped out by the end boss and people were queue up to get read to go again. i had just taken five potions and then BAM, kicked. While it is not as much as I got kicked, or that I wasted so many potions, it was more that we were already started the boss fights, at leat one attempted round. It would have been nice to stick it out but, i guess the others felt otherwise.

A game before that I ran into we were at the middle boss of the dungeon and desperately needed a healer. Well the person in charge kicked one person and then went through 10 people with vote to kick, I kept on saying no to the kick, but I was out voted. It would be the person connects to the group, not even travel to catch up, and then, bamf, kick. As I said we needed a healer but never got one, which my rational was maybe no healer is queue up for this dungeon so we need to tough it out. Eventually it got to the point where it no longer became fun to play so I just dropped out of the dungeon.
  • Options
    madcntmadcnt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    are you really bothered about being kicked due to wrong class/"bad" gear/bad gameplay when theres people who essentially scam you for your loot?
  • Options
    misterrrwarlockmisterrrwarlock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Well it seems like they did not let go of the ideas which had been criticized by a lot of people. Lets see how great those ideas will turn out to be...
  • Options
    I am awaiting the imminent arrival of threads which say that kicking is still happening but after being in a dungeon for 3 minutes
  • Options
    TomidiusTomidius Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I have no problems getting kicked when I zone in because they would prefer someone else. The problem is kicking after investing time and playing well, or getting kicked after the loot is dropped or about to drop.

If you kick me when I zone in, NO PROBLEM. I reque I waste 2 minutes. If you let me along for 3 minutes, let me fight to the next boss, then I get booted.. There is the problem.

This fix does not address the problem at all. Surely the game gathers data, Ban players who abuse the kick function after bosses, let us report them.

Let us do something.

We can't publically let the word out.
    We can't warn others because the chat system is so messed up.
    You can rename your guild at will so writing down guild names doesn't matter at all.
    Cant flag people in game, if I block them on XBL, they can still make it into my party.

THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS, a lot stated above.

Cant boot in combat, cant boot while loot is being rolled on, cant boot for X minutes after a boss dies.

What is going to happen now is people are gonna zone in and groups are gonna sit there and tell the person who joins to leave... or just have that person help dps for 3 minutes and boot them. This is USELESS. Why dont some of you dev's play some pick up groups and make it to the dungeon and get booted at the end. Why dont you look at the 1000s if not hundreds of thousands of 'xbox record that' clips of people being booted after a downed boss.

I truly hope everyone who boot and loots have karma negatively affect them and their families in a serious way. For real.
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I mostly run with players I know and try to form groups using LINE because the in game system is broken. This for the most part is how myself and others have adapted to it, however it still pains me how awful the overall community is.

As a long time MMO player, part of what makes them great is the gaming community. When we let a random que in, more than half the time they attempt to vtk a party member upon entering mid dungeon. This is beyond it being xbox versus pc players, it is the game system being so broken it encourages the community to engage and perpetuate this behavior. How the devs allow guilds to name themselves based off this mentality and don't ban them and take a stand is astounding.

When I run solo and get invited to a majority group and they try to kick people, I leave the group. Have been kicked at chests and boss fights. It is a sad state of affairs.

Devs, please allow for us to que for a non VTK group. It is as simple as that. The boot looters can keep scamming each other and the rest of us can just play without the impending kick held over our heads.
  • Options
    ponyforeverponyforever Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    marv1001 wrote: »
    LMAO, So it seems as though the developers havn't even bothered to read the 22 page feedback thread about this.

They havn't even fixed the number one issue which was kicking at boss loot drops and instead added a 3 minute timer which means you waste more of your time in a dungeon and then get to see the protectors enclave loading screen.

And really, are you having a laugh with putting this in:

'but we firmly encourage adventurers to not kick your own party members unless absolutely necessary'

Yeah well let me tell you when they think its absolutely necessary, when its at the boss loot drops thats when.

You lot just seem to talk the talk but not walk the walk.

This. Obviously the developers don't every play their own game. Why is it better for me to waste 3 mins and THEN get kicked? Kicked because there's another CW in the group? Kicked because they want the loot for themselves. Kicked because they want to steal my dungeon at the last boss. Kicked because they don't like my outfit (which is smashing by the way). The list goes on and on...
This discussion has been closed.