test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The (New) Vote-Kicking Feedback Thread

Comments

• ladyjanylealadyjanylea Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I sent a ticket regarding the frequent booting after a boss, this happens to me at least twice everytime I play. I was told if I wanted to not get booted I should only go in dungeons with guild members, though they realize doing this is impossible if I wanted to do most of the events...seriously? that was a blatant "that's your problem" message if I ever got one. Sad that they seem to really just not care about the people actually wanting to enjoy the game. Its definitely discouraged me from wanting to spend any money on it.

Let the booting continue I guess :/
    DC 70 Lady Van Hasting, TR 70 Samhain, OP 70 Santa Claus
  • ladyjanylealadyjanylea Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I sent a ticket regarding the frequent booting after a boss, this happens to me at least twice everytime I play. I was told if I wanted to not get booted I should only go in dungeons with guild members, though they realize doing this is impossible if I wanted to do most of the events...seriously? that was a blatant "that's your problem" message if I ever got one. Sad that they seem to really just not care about the people actually wanting to enjoy the game. Its definitely discouraged me from wanting to spend any money on it.

"though they realize doing this is impossible if I wanted to do most of the events..." what does that even mean.. i can understand why you get booted if you can't string together a proper sentence. everything on this game you can do with guild members.

there has been booting for years on every mmo that involves a loot table. like world of warcraft for example. i highly doubt they will fix the issue for boot n looting, only the issue where people constantly kick to find the right group.

Not my sentence, it was the reply I got...hence the quote. True, they'd really have no reason to fix it, I mean other then making game play better. I didn't really understand what they meant either.
    DC 70 Lady Van Hasting, TR 70 Samhain, OP 70 Santa Claus
  • DaesynDaesyn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    i don't think completely removing boot n looting would make the game better imo.. what if someone joins in late and didn't even fight the boss so he gets a roll for the drop or what if someones die right when we get in the boss room and he does zero work killing the boss and he gets the drop?

Yes we know you wish to continue abusing the system but, one there shouldn't be a space for someone to join in late unless you've kicked someone already and two they did the rest of the dungeon so yes they're allowed to roll for the drop.
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    True to my word, I have not logged into the game since the worthless fix was implemented.

Vtk should have bern removed completely until you came up with a true solution..or didabled forever.

I will not be returning until the problem is fixed.

the fact they did the rest of the dungeon doesn't mean they deserve the drop lmao. if i did a whole castle never dungeon with a pug group and one guy died at the start at the fight. you can guarantee someone in the group is going to put a vote up on that guy.

So if you take a bathroom break during your work day they shouldn't have to pay you for the day? Please inform your boss of this enlightening piece of information. I'm sure they'll completely agree with you.
  • singlesrvingfrndsinglesrvingfrnd Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I sent a ticket regarding the frequent booting after a boss, this
    You shouldn't spend any money on this game. Thou should move to elder scrolls online. I I have an attorne everytime I play. I was told if I wanted to not get booted I should only go in dungeons with guild members, though they realize doing this is impossible if I wanted to do most of the events...seriously? that was a blatant "that's your problem" message if I ever got one. Sad that they seem to really just not care about the people actually wanting to enjoy the game. Its definitely discouraged me from wanting to spend any money on it.

I would rather deal with either one of those scenarios then playing through an entire dungeon, contributing to the party, helping
    pass dungeon then get booted before I can even open the chest at the end. I mean I don't even care about not getting to roll for the final item drop; what makes me mad is getting booted before I can open the chest at the end and I just spent an hour playing. Getting rid of loot and boot would make it a better game for the masses, if they want it just to be a game for guilds then come out and just say it!
    Besides by allowing loot and boot they are violating their own terms of use policies which could cause a class action law suit.

• draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User

Besides by allowing loot and boot they are violating their own terms of use policies which could cause a class action law suit.

This is the part that ticks me off the most about this game. You Sir are correct that this type of behavior is against their own ToS they put in place yet they do zero to punish or penalize the players doing it and if anything they promote players to do it by keeping a feature active that allows it. If this company really cared about VtK they would disable the feature until a fix is in place. Instead they keep it intact and any response we get from the GM or the Dev are "Join a guild or only play with friends". So basically a casual gamer is not allowed to play this game how they want. They have to join a guild in the hopes that they find active players to play with.

And for those saying the majority of people VtK. This is completely false. I now have been running Dungeons with my wife and son on a regular basis and have never had any need to VtK nor been in an instance where someone tried to VtK. So no it is not the masses doing it. It is a very select few idiots that abuse a feature.
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    buying ad share item is split by ah price between 5ppl so id item =100k each person gets 20k yes ud no longer get item 2 urself u get out of chest tho and vtk = disabled after boss starts
  • xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    What skin is it off anyone's nose if somebody gets to pick up some drake seals and items from the chest? Just play the game and enjoy without worrying about others. Maybe that's just a thing about people from the non-console world, oh no they only contributed 95%, or I coulda solod it anyway, or this will upset them.

We'll see how they fix it when they do, in the meantime just hope you get a decent group of non-slime. Sometimes you end up at the end and help a pug past something they couldn't get past, and people quit out of (underspecced, wrong team makup, people ran out of time and had to leave, whatever) and everyone still has fun. Sometimes something drops, everyone rolls, and nobody is a piece of greedy subhuman filth not fit to breathe our air. Somebody wins it, and you move on. As others have said, it's not alway horrible people ruining it for everyone else. Often it's not.
    draven165 wrote: »
    There is a much simpler way. Just click his profile and block him on the forums.
    Oh, learning to ignore the bait is something that is easy to do with a bit of practice over years (one sees the patterns, which have existed long before here) and ignoring it makes it so you don't have to go out of your way to block anyone. What I wrote isn't for me, it's more a helpful bit of advise for those who don't know yet how to see the signs and how to ignore, and who might otherwise want to argue with somebody who's not going to listen to them anyway. And with blocking after all, you have to read, fight any impulse to pointlessly answer, and then block for later. Which not answering and blocking is also difficult to do when you're in the middle of a discussion that shouldn't be going on circling back and never ending. So, just say no. ;)
    monktoasty wrote: »
    True to my word, I have not logged into the game since the worthless fix was implemented. Vtk should have bern removed completely until you came up with a true solution..or didabled forever.
    I will not be returning until the problem is fixed.
    There doesn't appear to have been a fix that went in, no.Although I haven't checked since they unbroke the loot pickup window, which loot pickup breaking seems to be what went in instead of the bootnloot removal, and repairing that loot pickup issue was all that got done as far as I can tell from release notes and game.
  • bacon1073bacon1073 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Ive been getting kicked more since the update than the previous version. I'm a 15k TR and dont have a problem in most dungeons. The kicking is out of hand. I've offered advice how to fix it before, but I just get ignored and told to go into a dungeon with a "trusted group leader".
  • roughsoulreaperroughsoulreaper Member Posts: 3 New User
    I think it was dumb for this vote to kick people out u can't even play any dungeons anymore because the whole group kicks u out before u can even start playing this was really stupid.I haven't even been able to play any dungeons in about three weeks this is very dumb
  • twiggleberrytwiggleberry Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    It is worse now than it ever has been. its a constant case of people just booting people out. Guilds are starting to do it on a regular basis, and that is the fault of the developers to let it fester so long, that people are now considering a grief tactic commonplace. This is literally drove away thousands. I am not sure the people on this board even relate issues to Cryptic. I've played MUDs, early graphical user dungeons, all through the late 90, 2000's MMO/MMORPGs, and I have never seen a mechanic set up to destroy players due to griefing tactics. The only similar tactic would be called Ninja Looting in the old days, however, at least there, you had a chance to be there to grab things. This system is set up by the developers to allow blatant grief/anti ethical behavior .
  • skeeterbug4skeeterbug4 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The VTK system has turned the player community of this MMO against itself. Players hate running dungeons because the player base of Nevewinter has become vile. Why have a game mechanic that promotes and encourages booting and looting? Developers seem to be out of touch with basic human behavior in MMO's.
    How to fix VTK: Implement Tiamat style loot drops in all dungeons.
    some days I wonder how much thinking the dev do b4 they make their games. I mean lets think now whats the worst thing people can do in our game (scam /bootloot/and ofcourse unsporting behavior by using language oh and yea bots bc ppl love to abuse the loopholes in game ) so how do u prevent all of that that's the question trade limit based on ah for scams boot/loot easy fix no boot loot after boss starts its that simple honestly lol. put a block player department in for players that don't want to deal with trash talking /neglecting behavior. if u can do this b0000m less problems maby more work for mods but that's what their there for in first place I mean whats the point if they aren't going 2 do anything???? I used to be a player mod and that was part of our job as a pmod
    theres a system that a mmo called runescape uses agaist bots and finds them and instantly bans them without zer0 tolerance u should be using that.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I have not been kicked much in the last three weeks cause I replaced dungeons with PVP. Whats the point of risking a kick. I like all the dungeons but they're not fun when you're singled out for VTK and topping damage dealt board.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
    true my friend
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Truely unbelievably that after all these months of people posting about the kicking problem this is what they came up with. 99% of all peoples real issue with kicking was due to being kicked after the boss death for loot. Hence all the hooplah about "boot and loot". Its inconceivable that ARC did not know this. So why would they not address it. I sense a conspiracy here. This gaming is dying and ARC is clueless about it.
  • primeminister0907primeminister0907 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So....im pretty much done with this game. Between the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up economy, the micro-transactions to get anywhere for end game progression, and the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> getting kicked from group when I ran the dungeon from the beginning is it...I don't know what the hell the dev's are working on but obviously it isn't what most of your players are asking for, IE fixing that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Also...how hard is it to fix a racial quest (glitched door for the Drow quest.) You had a chance to really have a decent game, especially after being the legacy of Neverwinter Nights and the other games in the D&D/NeverWinter story arc but this is crazy. I'll go and try Elder Scrolls or go back to FFXIV. At least I don't have to spend money to get what I need to move forward.
  • sponsahmesponsahme Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    > @xnxn7x said:
    > THANK GOD! Hope all you boot and loot loser's out there quit playing now!
    > Yay Perfect World you ROCK!
    >
    > B.t.w!
    > Onlything I would have done different for the Vote Kick System is
    > once you start the end boss of a dungeon there is no longer the ability to
    > vote kick until you have either wipped and started back at the campfire this way
    > all ability to boot and loot will be gone. Means no one can boot you during the fight
    > or after the boss has been defeated until you have left the dungeon yourself.
    > This way the problem of the vote kicking for loot has been solved completely.

lols
    > @primeminister0907 said:
    > So....im pretty much done with this game. Between the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up economy, the micro-transactions to get anywhere for end game progression, and the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> getting kicked from group when I ran the dungeon from the beginning is it...I don't know what the hell the dev's are working on but obviously it isn't what most of your players are asking for, IE fixing that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Also...how hard is it to fix a racial quest (glitched door for the Drow quest.) You had a chance to really have a decent game, especially after being the legacy of Neverwinter Nights and the other games in the D&D/NeverWinter story arc but this is crazy. I'll go and try Elder Scrolls or go back to FFXIV. At least I don't have to spend money to get what I need to move forward.

I'll address every single point you have made.

1. Yes the economy is screwed up, but you can still run pirate king for money since the greater marks went up in price by a lot.

2. They are not forcing you to spend real life money on this, but it is indeed hard to compete with other players who played from the beginning when castle never items were selling for like 1m a pop and the shores set was selling for like at least 200k a piece.

3. like every other mmo the only way not to get screwed over and kicked is by joining a guild of like minded people.

Basically I don't recommended getting into neverwinter if you are new to the game and don't want to spend 1000 dollars on the game, because it's extremely hard to make money with the current content compared to before.
  • primeminister0907primeminister0907 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    > @sponsahme said:
    >

> I'll address every single point you have made.
    >
    > 1. Yes the economy is screwed up, but you can still run pirate king for money since the greater marks went up in price by a lot.
    >
    > 2. They are not forcing you to spend real life money on this, but it is indeed hard to compete with other players who played from the beginning when castle never items were selling for like 1m a pop and the shores set was selling for like at least 200k a piece.
    >
    > 3. like every other mmo the only way not to get screwed over and kicked is by joining a guild of like minded people.
    >
    > Basically I don't recommended getting into neverwinter if you are new to the game and don't want to spend 1000 dollars on the game, because it's extremely hard to make money with the current content compared to before.
    >
    > I appreciate your honesty and your point of view, but its sad that unless you have been playing the game since the beginning, and you can join a guild but depending on your luck, social skills, etc, chances are you join one thats really small and only a few people play, or you join a larger one and the people there are the assess that have been kicking you out of dungeons from day one...not to mention the ridiculous prerequisites to joining the better guilds, IE GS, certain companions, etc, etc, which loops back to the beginning of the vicious cycle...real world money, booting from dungeons, LOL, you get my drift.
    >
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Yea my guild started out only recruiting 13k+ gearscore players and then we went to 15k+ players. now since tiamats release we only recruit 17k+ players lol. I get it though my guild only wants people who are active and will be around for a long term.
  • mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User

Hell yeah! Took them a while but this appears to address some of the big issues.
    it's not like it matters at this point. all the people i know who booted n loot castle never etc.. have like 18k-21k gearscore by now anyway lol
  • xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Yes, the way to get all those purple and orange items and rank 8 plus enchants is to be a bootnloot scumbag and to ride on all these other players who are only there to contribute to your 25K GS and otherwise just leech off your awesomeness and better than everyone guild who's always on top of the leaderboards in every activity because they are the superlative godlike mmo players. And everyone else is just a loser scrub only fit to walk all over to get the rings and necklace on the shores and GMoPs in EPK and right fthem, coattail riding quitter dirtbags SHUT UP AND GIVE ME AD. Oh, right, and trading and right at the last minute sub silver and they won't notice, hey 99 Greater scrolls only 40 gold what a deal, amirite?
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Is Boot n' Loot even an issue anymore? There is no point in running any T2/CN/Epics now that Tiamat drops T2 gear like candy. Plus, there is no booting in Tiamat, just 10k gs noobs that ruin runs for everyone else. So, Boot n' Loot was replaced with 10ks going to Tiamat when they are not ready.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Boot and loot is definitely an issue still
    Yesterday in castle never we lost our healer right at the door before the final boss.
    one after another a player entered from the same guild (3 times in a row) as soon as they arrived they started kick votes on the players already present.
    Once they had run through everyone on the list we kicked them and another one of their guild would join and start the process again, until that is we looked up their xbl profile blocked them and reported them.

The problem in this game imho is we havent seen Major Nelsons enforcement crew in here yet.
    We need the Enforcement team in badly, heres a thought arc create som 20 k plus accounts for the Enforcement team and lets have them in the epics and in Tiamat and see how long these guys survive? :)
This discussion has been closed.