test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

50% more HP on enemies is the equivalent of an all classes, all builds 33% damage nerf

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd rather it had been a +25% damage increase, -50% HP. The game is currently not enjoyable now. Slow, tedious, boring, low chance of death. How about short, but intense?

T1s/T2s only need this change, the solo content needed the opposite.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In the end, only one thing really matters... will this change bring back former players, and will it encourage new players to stay and to continue to play?
    I doubt that very much.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Did they do something to the Heralds? I haven't been one-shotted in a long time... :-/
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Did they do something to the Heralds? I haven't been one-shotted in a long time... :-/

I was one shotted too in an Epic DD

And

Even the things I had no trouble with are now iffy....

Keeping in mind I now have 4 orange artifact items after Double refinement

I really think we have taken a step backwards

Urloed

• Options
    UndefinedUndefined Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Dungeons are tedious now and the fun is gone. I'll do one a day for the cache. Them I'm done.
    What's with people who put their Ilvl in their Signatures? They probably have a big gold chain and saggy pants too.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    remember, those hostile human type mobs have potions, and that means extra 5-6 more hits.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Anyone have a chance to experience these changes?
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    holeypaladinholeypaladin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    50% less damage and 25% more HP for enemies level 61+, to include dungeon enemies, would have been a MUCH better fix than this nonsense....
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The amount of hate/condescension in this thread is disgusting. Its remarkable just how badly some people want the game to conform to their ideals, completely ignoring reality/any and all alternatives because just because they believe their "average" or "casual" gamer approach deserves more merit. And for all your claims to the contrary, note that your posts almost invariably focus on "I" and "me".

Apparently the rest of us average gamers who managed gradually farm up our T2s/epics/legendaries/mythics and do well/still enjoy solo/PvP/PvE/the game in general just don't exist. Good god, if we were anywhere near as rich/smart as you people seem to think we are we'd be vacationing Europe on our private jets/teaching nuclear physics, not playing Neverwinter. Or maybe you just think we don't exist, which is fair. We already ignore you most of the time anyway.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    The amount of hate/condescension in this thread is disgusting. Its remarkable just how badly some people want the game to conform to their ideals, completely ignoring reality/any and all alternatives because just because they believe their "average" or "casual" gamer approach deserves more merit. And for all your claims to the contrary, note that your posts almost invariably focus on "I" and "me".

Apparently the rest of us average gamers who managed gradually farm up our T2s/epics/legendaries/mythics and do well/still enjoy solo/PvP/PvE/the game in general just don't exist. Good god, if we were anywhere near as rich/smart as you people seem to think we are we'd be vacationing Europe on our private jets/teaching nuclear physics, not playing Neverwinter. Or maybe you just think we don't exist, which is fair. We already ignore you most of the time anyway.

It sounds like if the roles were reversed and the game was going the way the others want it, you would be on the spreading 'hate/condescension' side if you thought this kind of post was going to do anything.

The simple fact is that people need to rant, it helps with coping. It would be best if you not poke the wolverines.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Back on topic, I'd also like to point out that this actually makes some enemies much more dangerous, and dungeons harder.

Some of the deadliest mobs were the super soft, but hard hitting minion mobs, like archers or spitting spiders. These things hurt a lot if they hit you, but they could be easily dispatched. Now that they have 50% more HP, they take longer to kill which substantially ups their threat level. Now instead of being able to blow these guys up in a couple seconds, they have enough time to get a couple attacks off, which hurts the group.

-25% damage was good. Take away the extra hit points, too, and we're in a much better spot.

If anything, some of the mobs, particularly in IWD and WoD should have LESS hit points, not more. Neverwinter's selling point has always been the fast paced action combat. When you're smacking huge sacks of hit points, it feels much slower and less immersive, which hurts the overall fast feel and flow of combat.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tyrtallow wrote: »

How does one farm Legendaries? Where is the RP stone income? They f-ed up dragon hoard enchants. Now you are forced to run 99 HEs for a stack of peris. Get real, even people who spend money wont be able to get a bis character if they started today. Because that level doesnt simply require some money, it requires a lot of money. Check the AH and make a simple calculation how much does a bis character cost, then come back and tell us how to "gradually" farm such amounts or RP... I'm so tempted to tell you to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off really, but lets be civil

I grabbed a Valindra Shard the other day for 3 Million AD (I finally broke down and plundered more than six months worth of AD savings, because despite having half again the IL requirements for her dungeon, and making nearly two dozen attempts, I failed to even get a group past Valindra, let alone get her to drop it, either because of people being deceived by the frankly ridiculous belief that 1600 can cut the mustard against the enemies there, or instance crippling lag). Being a CW, this is an item that both boosts Control by direct points and by 10% if you have the entire set, so its kinda important for us to have, especially since the HP boosts to the enemies means that controlling them long enough to kill them is more vital than ever. This was the cheapest I had seen that artifact in more than two months, most of the time, it's 4-5 million (and the only other items that provide this, to my knowledge, either require at least one other level 70 character, which I don't have, or cost even more).

Assuming a direct zen conversion of one (1) Zen to five hundred (500) AD, you're looking at $60.00 for that artifact alone, at minimum. And that's before we get to the arduous task of leveling it up. Bearing in mind that DHE's have been ninja nerfed yet again, according to the scuttlebutt.
  • Options
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Back on topic, I'd also like to point out that this actually makes some enemies much more dangerous, and dungeons harder.

Some of the deadliest mobs were the super soft, but hard hitting minion mobs, like archers or spitting spiders. These things hurt a lot if they hit you, but they could be easily dispatched. Now that they have 50% more HP, they take longer to kill which substantially ups their threat level. Now instead of being able to blow these guys up in a couple seconds, they have enough time to get a couple attacks off, which hurts the group.

-25% damage was good. Take away the extra hit points, too, and we're in a much better spot.

If anything, some of the mobs, particularly in IWD and WoD should have LESS hit points, not more. Neverwinter's selling point has always been the fast paced action combat. When you're smacking huge sacks of hit points, it feels much slower and less immersive, which hurts the overall fast feel and flow of combat.

Hah! What about the Infernal rifts? The enemies that do no damage at all, but instead constantly spawn imps and legion devils that will overwhelm 99% of all parties very quickly if not cut off at the source? Oh, they're now 50% harder to kill, with no discernible slow-down in their spawn rate. Which means more Imps/Legion Devils getting in your face, which are also harder to kill. And thus get more attacks off. And thus force you to split your time between desperately trying to manage them and kill their spawner, repeat ad nausem.

Oops.
  • Options
    The enemy's 50% HP increase = A 33% damage nerf. They can word this any which way they like. The fact remains. This is an across the board 33% PVE (Except dungeon bosses) damage nerf. Everyone between 61-70 is hit.

Bring back the fun. Put a reward in the dungeon chest worth running it for. Revert the HP/damage changes. Instead drop all 70+ mobs 1 level. Or change the Defense curve. I cannot stack enough defense to make it useful without crippling my HP and life steal.
    What's with people who put their Ilvl in their Signatures? They probably have a big gold chain and saggy pants too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Everything that can drink a healing potion now has a much greater chance of getting their heal in before you have a chance to take them down, and it remains quite difficult to interrupt this action. Sometimes the heal is almost to full health again... I want their &^*&@*^%$ potions.

Increased HPs means it's significantly more difficult to zap Black Dragon cultists before they hulk out, and more difficult to blow up the Powries and Witherers before they do their thing. The greatest danger from some foes directly correlates to how long they live.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Everything that can drink a healing potion now has a much greater chance of getting their heal in before you have a chance to take them down, and it remains quite difficult to interrupt this action. Sometimes the heal is almost to full health again... I want their &^*&@*^%$ potions.

Increased HPs means it's significantly more difficult to zap Black Dragon cultists before they hulk out, and more difficult to blow up the Powries and Witherers before they do their thing. The greatest danger from some foes directly correlates to how long they live.

I could +1 this thread all day. The lead designer needs to listen to the PVE players. He needs to take their concerns up the chain of command until it reaches someone capable of enacting said changes.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And the drops are still the same... if we have to work harder for a reward, at least upgrade the reward in the same way.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    Undefined wrote: »

I could +1 this thread all day. The lead designer needs to listen to the PVE players. He needs to take their concerns up the chain of command until it reaches someone capable of enacting said changes.

Likewise. Though I would argue all he needs to do is run some of these things in the 1600 IL no-boon no extra power point etc. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that the rest of us do and realize how difficult and glacial paced things have become.

Though I won't hold out hope. Sad really. :(
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    I love these changes, because doing dailies on a GF wasn't tedious enough before.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I love these changes, because doing dailies on a GF wasn't tedious enough before.

your supposed to use that snazzy sarcastic color for that comment =P.. because the people gathering feedback, will actually take that as a positive and spin it to the top..
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    I feel so sad i don't have to enjoy these dailies anymore.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)