test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new artifact changes actually BENEFIT players. Here's why:

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    and the last I checked (approx. this Tuesday) the *current* going rate for Mala/Dread pieces wasn't exactly unreasonable.

Because no one on Live is currently level 70 with level 25 Artificing/Weaponsmithing AND making these weapons. :rolleyes:

Right now, there's enough pieces up on the AH to make about 50 or so of these weapons.

What do you think is going to happen when thousands of people are trying to craft them in two weeks?
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    And there's also the not irrelevant detail that the crafting UI doesn't attempt to extinguish your soul, whereas the refining interface quickly drives a man to contemplate gnawing off an arm or two.

The crafting UI is easy. Running these dungeons over and over and over and over and over, just hoping for the right fragment to drop AND winning the roll is also going to be soul crushing for a lot of people.

Again, I'm glad these weapons are very powerful, because they are NOT going to be easy to get. Which is why anyone who is invested in Artifact weapons right now shouldn't feel too terribly bad about it.

The crafted weapons are an alternative path, but not necessarily an easier or cheaper one.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I bought a set of all the pieces for VT weapon for around 200k few weeks ago,
    Today it's a bit more expansive and a full set will go for about 500k.

As far as i remember at their top they were about 1.5-2 mil for MC and around 700k for VT (for full pieces set).
    The MC raiser was extremely rare, the VT set was rather easy to obtain, it all depends if the drop rate will be changed.

For the artifact not during double RP it is needed 2823k RP to refine after feeding (from 48 to 60),
    equivalent to about 57 peridot stacks, at current prices this is 11.4mil AD

During double RP the original artifact will be worth 3.7mil RP and fed it will rise to level 57 (~56.9)
    which is 929k to level 60 -> 9.4 stacks (still during double RP) -> 1.8mil AD

(perdiot stack was calculated at 200k)

btw, my speculation of more levels comes from this:
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Artifacts will be able to increase in rank to 120. Artifact Equipment will most likely see a possible raise of 20 ranks also, making them go to 80. I have just started on updating artifacts so these new ranks won't be available right now.

Looks like they considered it but it was not implemented so far.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Im glad there is a alternative and I might try for a few of my toons.

I still think there should also be more powerful drops that bridge the gap a little, so before you get purple artifact, or VT.

IE draconic while people were burning away dailies for the darn artifact weapons. They were a good drop , not nearly all that powerful compared to a purple artifact weapon, but alot better then previous items.

I still have several alts rolling around with draconic weapons and wouldnt mind a similar replacement for them.

At least, thank you for listening to playerbase and make a alternative route to comparable type weapon.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    fragment are easily going to cost 500k-2kk (for three fragments)
    Current market rates, as of about thirty minutes ago, for Coalwards start at 565k. Just sayin'.

You'll also have to allow for the expenditure of whatever you feed into the artifact for RP and the due loss of *that* AD value. Given the requirements at the higher ranks that oughta add up to something interesting indeed.
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Because no one on Live is currently level 70 with level 25 Artificing/Weaponsmithing AND making these weapons. :rolleyes:

Right now, there's enough pieces up on the AH to make about 50 or so of these weapons.

What do you think is going to happen when thousands of people are trying to craft them in two weeks?
    Elementary economics says the prices will start going up something interesting. OFC that also incentivises farming for more to supply the demand once they get high enough to be worth the effort, and presumably the people working on their own sets will also be selling off the pieces they have no need for...
    The crafting UI is easy. Running these dungeons over and over and over and over and over, just hoping for the right fragment to drop AND winning the roll is also going to be soul crushing for a lot of people.

Oh the crafting UI is easy enough to use. What it isn't is even remotely user-friendly for feeding in RP sources in quantity; I've done that enough with my own artis to know firsthand the experience is PITA enough to make a man contemplate inflicting violence on either himself or, preferably, the luminary who failed to code in a "bulk processing" mechanism and made it so **** clunky in general.

More to the point, however tedious farming dungeons might be (and I'll readily admit to having straight-up purchased my purple sets off the AH) it's still at least *playing the game* rather than developing carpal tunnel issues feeding RP into a ******* artifact. Moreover the products are usually AH-able so simple division of labour tends to be an option.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As it is now i would rather use those refinings for normal artifacts and rank 10 to 12 but many of them cant be used on not artifacts gears