test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I took one to IWD and say on the combat log one winter wolf hit for 12786 but again thats with pre mod 6 gear . Either way GWF is finished , time to start a new main over from scratch .

and thats even an area that scales you up right? so yea you might squeak by if you have a nice guild and 22+GS but if you are new and want to play a GWF good luck...
  • xvader99xvader99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dear dev

have you see the pvp leader board? i want to ask you where are gwf class? if you think you are doing the right things that's mean you are blind, friends, and please check your attitude and visions fastly.
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Feedback: gwf now dies to any wolf or marauder. Completing a daily quest now actually takes one day. Reaching level 70 is therefore quite an elusive goal for the class.

Suggestion: keep the 2X XP gain a permanent thing for gwfs, not just one week.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    how can adapt gwf to this module and finaly making the class solid (the rest is nonsense).

Non-negotiable improvements:

**- Wicked strike with the same range/radius of reaping strike.

- double the defensive bonus of Wicked strike.

**- Determination gain for damage deal to all trees.

**- Rework the vengeance of the instigator for a coherent bonus with the reality of the game. suggestion: second life + some damage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> after rise.

**- Bring back the damage of grand fissure. At least to the level of flourish

*- 3x charges for powers like roar / mpleap (parryng and dodge).

-up the base of sure strike to 50%. Now, has stamina steal.

Negotiable (not optional)

put order in the house while frying a omelette:

-Battle Fury now comes down to mark everything that is around for a long distance. While active, up in 50% your damage against marked targets .

-Daring Shout: marked opponents do -25% damage against you during the bonus duration. rise that to at least 8 secs.

Feats:

Allied Opportunity: your aoe power deal 10/20/30/40/50% more damage against single targets. Change that name.

Crippling Strike: avalanch / spinning strike consumes 25% less ap+old bonus.

Battle awareness: eliminated the bonus slam. Now savage advanced, beyond the cooldown, consume 25% less ap
    Defiance: exclude the bonus of spinning strike. Slam consumes 25% less ap and reduces damage opponents by 25%.

do that and save your game.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Are you kidding me. This new power is worst then flourish. Less damage than FLS. Covers a smaller area. Slower to cast. Stun from FLS is way better.

Why should a lvl 61 GWF use grand fissure in place of FLS? It's worst in every aspect except the shorted cooldown. But i'd rather wait 4 seconds more to deal more damage and stun or prone, instead of puny damage and a slow down effect.

Suggestion:

make grand fissure casting animation as fast as FLS, dealing 10% more damage than FLS, and stunning the enemy with a cone AoE in place of the slow down effect.

Current state of the power makes it worst than FLS, pointless to use for an iron vanguard GWF.

Even better suggestion:

replace the two new powers with some powerful melee attack and a powerful melee utility (not ranged) than can actually be a better or at least different choice on par with other powers.

Grand fissure is basically a worst version of FLS.
  • baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    Started developing my build in 5, using unfinished version for about 6 hours of new mod-Level 63. All the 'hard' pve, solo dungs/iwd/new zones while much much much more fun, is still a breeze with half a brain. I have not done pvp as of yet and will not until finished build at 70. Long story short, any supposed 20k+ you have played enough gweef to look outside the current box, our class is not that weak. Look again at all of our class specific changes and think beta-mod2 hybrid.
    edited April 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    No offense, but all this is useless in PvP and will be almost useless in PvE... But well...

you drunk?

pve destroyer: battle fury/roar/grand fissure until lvl 65 (aoe range encounters/melee single target atwill). roar for more sinergy witch the new class feature and interrupt to do the single target (that is, gwf can save your own life.) 3 charges of roar is superior than one ibs.

lvl 65, change grand fissure for daggers. both (roar/daggers) give 50% more damage x1 using the t3 of instigator. and over buff your sure strike.

fast mach (ignoring encounters).

if you have 1k in sure strike base, up to 1.5k. battle fury, only, give 70% in damage thanks to the mark (up to 35% using the old daring shout+old powerfull challange... i need continue?

of course, now your sure strike will stolen stamina, that is, do your rotation, using sure strike and run.

why you need a melee/range dynamic?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?875411-is-gwf-going-to-be-completly-terrible-next-mod-or-is-there-still-hope/page5
    look the theoddis1 report.

for sentinels: you can now mitigate 52% of the enemie damage (up to 21%) and take less 25% on the top thanks to daring shout changes.

how that dont will make diference?

edit: the "50% more damage" dont will work for destroyers because is t4 now. but still more damage than a ibs. so, is a instigator advantage. 3 close cap/dodge doing 50% more damage x1. and a free ressuretion, ws hiting 50% more x1 and 50% more x5. is solid.

pvp: instigator.

ressurrection. fs and daggers and mleap (3 charges now) to more 50% damage x1 (3 charges do more damage than ibs) daggers up the mleap damage in more 40%. 3 offensive/close gap dodges... sorry, how that dont will change nothing?
    edited April 2015
    edited. just check.
    edited April 2015
    ops, i dont see.

anyway:

the capstone of the instigator come to a minotaur hero of warcraft 3 (dont remember the name). that is, the phenotype of the class.

* the battle fury thing inspiration of a game called "forced". the battle fury of the game, besides the long range mark (yes, mark) heal / generete aggro. I just prefer the damage.

the "daring shout" thing comes from the "guardian fighter" of the same game. is a feat.

aoe powers do more damage vs 1 is inspiration from the old executioner style. charges ia a easy way to take <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> powers and create good powers (have op options, for the game, is better to dont have any). seens solid to me. in the game and out the game.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll Just leave this here and hope that one day we get inexorable shift.

EsncWFT.png
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
This discussion has been closed.