Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    lagarbrlagarbr Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    seriously what's wrong with our Skill, Skill Names and Class specific Skill,

1. First "Takedown,
    and now probably "Takestun,
    it doesn't do any more, for what it was designed.

2. second "Unstoppable,
    How really unstoppable we are? , when Piercing dmg can simple ignore it completely.
    feels more like stoppable, abatable..

3. third " hidden daggers,
    we are a heavy armor class,daggers doesn't fit the class,
    why do we not throwing 2 giant Axe? from both hands or our Weapon that we're using (like boomerang)
    there's many ways to make this skill much better, than simply daggers from rouge.

Agreed.

"hidden daggers" would be an TR encounter, not an GWF.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015

1. First "Takedown,

2. second "Unstoppable,
    How really unstoppable we are? , when Piercing dmg can simple ignore it completely.

why do we not throwing 2 giant Axe? from both hands or our Weapon that we're using (like boomerang)
    there's many ways to make this skill much better, than simply daggers from rouge.

But they delayed the first release to fix stuff.. uh what, was there anything actually fixed during this entire time?
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

1. First "Takedown,

2. second "Unstoppable,

If you really wanted to point out what's wrong with you GWFs, you should have started with the at-wills, and then basically every encounter it wields from the moment the first encounter power is unlocked in tutorial.

Basically, GWF powers just reek and stink of old and outdated design. The powers are slow, doesn't have enough frontal advance, often clunky and not very responsive, has gimmicky and questionable secondary features (Punishing Charge, anyone?), and much too diversified and broken down... and plain uninnovative.

There could be like a thousand different ideas to revamp and revitalize Reaping Strikes alone... and yet, it just has to be that slow-charge/channel, slow movement, slow activation, with questionable extra DR effect which makes the extra determination effect also ineffective and questionable. I'd rather call it "Masochism Strike" than "Reaping Strike" -- oohh ohh hit me some more guys, I'm a free target, hit me and hurt me more so I can gain a bit more determination than normal.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    edited, double post
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Recently In some posts people have been mentioning that Temp HP stacks on top of each other with subsequent Unstoppable activation. I just want clarification if this is true or not Because upon testing it It definitely is not happening. I tested last night and it "seemed" be to working - albeit very low amounts (went 9k-11k-12k, so it was probably just the amounts of Determination I had), Then I tested again this morning (23k,11k,22k) and it definitely is not working.

Just to clear things up. Is it intended to be able to stack, or was I just imagining things and the people saying it does are wrong.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Recently In some posts people have been mentioning that Temp HP stacks on top of each other with subsequent Unstoppable activation. I just want clarification if this is true or not Because upon testing it It definitely is not happening. I tested last night and it "seemed" be to working - albeit very low amounts (went 9k-11k-12k, so it was probably just the amounts of Determination I had), Then I tested again this morning (23k,11k,22k) and it definitely is not working.

Just to clear things up. Is it intended to be able to stack, or was I just imagining things and the people saying it does are wrong.

No its not stacking .

Unstoppable temp hp coming from dmg bonus so if you have bigged dmg bonus you will erase your old temp hp if you have lower dmg bonus you will erase your prev bigger temp with lower temp this is how it working.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No its not stacking .

Unstoppable temp hp coming from dmg bonus so if you have bigged dmg bonus you will erase your old temp hp if you have lower dmg bonus you will erase your prev bigger temp with lower temp this is how it working.

yeah thats exactly what I thought. the thread about CW shield is stating that a GWF had stacked 400k Temp hp from unstoppable, I think this was more because of the current strength of "feytouched" enchantment on dungeon mobs, than "stacking hp". it'd be nice if you couldn't override the higher hp with a lower one though.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    The damage still very low and utility not beneficial. Please give this At-will bonus movement speed while charging( same speed as running) and more damage.

This encounter is not addressed yet, it is very slow making hard to land in pvp, please make improvements

Thank you
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Where are the Sentinel PvP gear for GWF ??
    this new Burning duelist gear, just have a ridiculous Randomize stats on it.
    it's doesn't cover the Sentinel path.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No it wouldnt be, given the delay still drains stamina even though you havent actually started sprinting yet.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic has essentially eliminated everything pre 70. The gear at 70 has no set bonuses and is just a jumble of stats. Going to be difficult to focus on any particular stats.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The actual Dodge in the game works the moment you press the button avoiding anything thrown at you including potential 1hit kills. Even without the delay, a Sprint user would still take the attack with only the cc portion of it avoided ( if there is any cc attached ). As for the ramifications, well, it only means that anyone who wants to cc a Sprint user would simply have to pay attention to the fight instead of relying on broken game mechanics to carry him. It means that next time some trigger happy CW fires off his long range cc I will actually have a chance to avoid it if I react. It means paying attention and skilful gameplay, but then again I dont expect you to understand that.

What I ask for is equal footing regardless of how you try to spin it.

100% agree. I dont think more "responsive" sprint is what is needed. It would be too good from a CC avoidance standpoint while still not good enough from a "DR" standpoint.

What we need is a real "dodge" mechanic with immunity frames. It should look/feel something akin to Punishing Charge - animation wise. This could give immunity frames and some CC avoidance.

Another option would be to just allow GWFs to hold sprint WITHOUT moving and it would still give the benefits of CC immune + 30% DR.

Id much prefer a real dodge.

Most people forget that with current dodge mechanics they built in a "lag delay" meaning even if you press dodge AFTER the attack hits, you can still dodge. It happens all the time.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    in my opinion, melee classes should have a dodge and range classes dont. that is a demand of the game after the dungeons reworks.

being the ONLY PURE MELEE CLASS OF THE GAME gwf should not only have a dodge, but the best of the game. less than that is the dead of the class and the game. the devs dont will read that, but be registered.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm more in favor of the parry stance idea. Where you gain all the benefits of sprint, with just holding shift while being stationary.

There are some benefits of sprint that are still useful that I'd like to remain to stay. Its usually difficult for a heavily armor person to dodge attacks frequently enough, though dodge would very much be useful for the class. I dont see much balance with it.

Instead our defensive capabilities need to be adjusted much more, since part of our role is taking damage. they honestly shouldnt have ever messed with the original Unstoppable DR % that it used to be.

with dodge, our sprint would be replaced and our class would be way too sluggish to position well and accurately. (we do require our attacks to hit or we're SOL )

With sprint we're at least able to engage and disengage from battle fluidly, though we dont have any way of negating significant damage when we see or know its coming.

The problem with current sprint is, to benefit with oncoming damage, we are forced to run around even when its ideal not to. And can often put us in an unfavorable position once we've negated the attack we were meaning to negate, using sprint AGAIN to reposition quickly and correctly to counterattack in order to land a blow.

The problem henceforth is sprint mostly being wasted when being used as a defensive tool, what its supposed to be for, in addition. Our stamina doesnt restore fast enough for this (cause our stamina regeneration is so bad, even when stat allocated for it). The stance being the GWF holding thier weapon out in front of them, with thier free hand braced upon the flat end of the back, to demonstrate they're in a parrying stance.

Example:
    latest?cb=20120420142636

the solution I beleive thats best for the class as a whole for long term I beleive to be in favor of Parry Stance. Which initiates when Shift is held with no movement. Draining stamina half as slowly as if sprinting.

And Stamina regeneration for the class as a whole buffed. (can even double the stamina regeneration Strength gives)

The current sprint delay when first engaging sprint then will be justified. Since for that split second from breaking parry stance to going to a sprint will make an opening for themself. The sprint delay will actually make sense for a mechanical and aesthetic reason.

The GWF is an adaptable class. So therefore it should play like one. Active defensive options are nessecary for this. And I think the parrying stance will grant that, and allow GWF's to actively have defensive methods and not have to go around like a mad berserker to benefit from thier passive defensive stuff thats already proven to be lack luster. (which that style fits more of the barbarian class than a seasoned trained fighter of great weapons.)
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    a good and funny parryng should be like this

best_black_knight_axe_parry_256colors_smaller_by_alo81-d6fthxy.gif
    (yes, for this i speak a lot of times to put 3 charges in roar... is just look a game made to be a fighter)
    sprint bonus dont will help in nothing. now or you protect yourself to 100% of damage, or dont have nothing

so... the best is dodge+back grand fissure.
    tumblr_ml1qe3jFnF1qce7tgo1_500.gif
    but no... another module in trash.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    Focused Destroyer- this feat should grant 100% chance to give stack of destroyer and duration should be incrased by 1 second per point spend at max rank.

100% would work well - just like Weapon Master.

Id still rather them just remove the "stacking" of this feat and you can even keep it at 25% however its just a flat buff AT the full max. So you have a 25% chance with each hit to get Destroyer Buff for 4 seconds.

Base Feat: Destroyer: When attacking 3 or more opponents gain "Destroyer" which boosts damage by 9% for 4 seconds.
    Each Rank Up: +9%

Destroyers Purpose: Increases damage by 10% and you have a 25% chance to gain Destroyer off any attack.

Basically remove stacking, buff is FULL benefits all else stays the same.

Another alternative to "Shift" could be "Mighty Leap" equivalent...

Jump in the air forward a fixed distance, no "double click" just press shift once, and it "Mighty Leaps" you forward X distance. This could provide control immunity as well as "damage immunity" during the animation. Gives GWFs a gap closer with CC and damage immunity.

With the direction this game is going the ability to have CC/Damage immunity frames is VERY VERY key. Its no wonder why GWF/SW are the WEAKEST PVP classes in the game and share the SAME shift.

GWF - Some version of Punishing Charge or Mighty Leap should be on Shift - a fixed distance gap closer, CC/Damage immunity frames.

SW - Needs to be invisible or un-targetable AS WELL AS damage and CC IMMUNE.
  • Options
    deusazzadeusazza Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hasn't there been any kind of suggestion about "adding %dodge/evade" chance to deflect powers like bravery or "master at arms"? by doing this, the devs wouldn't have a problem introducing another mechanic/animation until a rework in the future will be done. this can also be easily deployed by using existing mechanics used by tr's and other toons that have the dodge skills.

the only problem to this is that it needs to proc. as other's dodge mechanics goes, it procs whenever it wants to proc.

applying/adding %dodge on the existing deflect powers and feats would eliminate the "shift" problem and all the suggested mechanic on how to invoke dodge. yea, for now you can't control dodge but at least our gwf can dodge on its own when rng procs like any other dodging class.
  • Options
    yatzolyatzol Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Weapon masters strike is not adding any stacks and has no effect fore even being slotted
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG:
    *Determination gain destroyer cap feat not wroking correctly .
    "You now gain Determination by dealing damage!" Not all source of dmg increase my Determination gain example: at will and some encounters.

*Unfettered Strikes not increase running speed .

*Countless Scars not increase my DR.

*Grand Fissure something is wrong with this encounter it deals at-will dmg and have 20 sec CD? MY sure strike deal 10-14 k dmg and Grand fissure deal 10-20 k dmg .

*Weapon master class feature rank 4 not working at all i dont gain any stack.

*Destoryer after rased by player or by soul forged or by paladin's passive it stop working,...

*Slam cannot crit .

*Race: Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn
    *Metalllic Ancestry: You receive 3% more healing from all spells and abilities. Your Hit Points are increased by 3%. not working for GWF both hp boost & recive healing from abilities like Restoring strike and unstoppable recovery.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015

1. First "Takedown,

2. second "Unstoppable,

I like hidden daggers although throwing your weapon in an arc as wide as hidden daggers would be more like our class but besides all that the biggest issue i have found in PvE for GWF is our Damage Reduction ... we are now great weapon clothies on test I have a full set of lev 70 purples with full rank 10s and lev 100+ artifacts a grand total of 6757 def that gives me a whopping 28%....

to get back to my 45% of lev 60 I would need another 14,000 def or another 34 AC which I doubt you can get with any of the gear they have yet to release
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    a full set of lev 70 purples with full rank 10s and lev 100+ artifacts a grand total of 6757 def that gives me a whopping 28%....

Yep the stats are very very bad, and stats is all a gwf has, unlike the other classes.
    They should allow gwf to wear tissue or leather, it gives better defense than mail.
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Yep the stats are very very bad, and stats is all a gwf has, unlike the other classes.
    They should allow gwf to wear tissue or leather, it gives better defense than mail.

make us wear leather and call us barbarians? maybe then we can get our own forums... lol

the longhouse where people come to talk about all things barbarian

sounds kinda nice... but even then they would probably shove us in with those shady TRs

but seriously why only us cryptic?
    TRs? meh deflect bonuses, ITC, stealth
    pally? tons of DR, a shield a health pool that would startle an olympic swimmer.
    GF? about the same as a pally
    GWF? umm well we have a health potion... and umm... well if you are still alive then you can hit unstoppable .. I mean I dont know what you are gonna do when that runs out but um well there ya go class balance....
This discussion has been closed.