test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    scathias said:

Does the mark from IBS still stack with the mark from DS? Because i was testing mark stacking with a GF + GWf last night and found that none of the marks they apply stack with each other according to the efficiency column in ACT. I know marks used to stack but it appears that they don't anymore

Last I checked was months ago and it worked (additional mark being 8%), I was under the impression nothing changed or was it ninja'd? I'll run another check soon, thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info Lia.

I'm Working to perfect my GWF. I followed your build and it works great.

Can you point out a scenario where unstoppable and crescendo would be used? Such as you were using in the spider fight solo.

I will have to look and see if all the buffs show on the Xbox like it does on the pc. We can't move anything around.

Thanks again very much and for taking the time.

I actually didn't use Crescendo at all during that solo eTOS to play it safe, in retrospect I could but I didn't want to mess up :P There's nothing much to it, if you can and you plan ahead, I'd suggest using Crescendo the second your previous unstoppable ends, by the time you do the final hit the bar will be full again and you can go hulk :)
  • gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    a noob question, i want start a gwf and have a lesser vorpal and a perfect paguefire,which I must choose?
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Personally i would choose the perfect plague fire. Depending on your resources i don't know if you will have enough crit to make a lesser vorpal better then a plaguefire, so i'd take the plaguefire because it gives a good debuff as you use WMS on mobs.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    I'd back up scathias on this, while leveling take the Plague. A vorpal can be justified later on when you have much higher crit chance ("high" being over 50%) and a Lostmauth set. Until then a Plague is much more optimal.
  • gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User

@rinat114 @scathias. ty very much ^^, then i going to equip the pf :smile:
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • danets#9365 danets Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Lia,

Are you on the Xbox now? Saw someone with your name get an axe beak from a chest on Xbox.

Lia,

Are you on the Xbox now? Saw someone with your name get an axe beak from a chest on Xbox.

I'm not, although figures someone copied my name, I have at least 10 clones on PC that I found somehow so far, it's extremely creepy yet oddly hilarious.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @rinat114

Just felt that your guide should be a bit more higher on this forum due to the recent player putting his guides.

On the topic:
    Did you started using +4 precision and power now that they have 2 slots? Or maybe you got lucky with the +5 drop?
    edited February 2016
    Yo, I'm taking a long break from the game and will probably return next mod (and with a new spec I've been working on, woop!) I haven't bothered doing any of the Underdark content after finishing it, let alone farming the skirmishes/eDemo for the rings, maybe if I get terribly bored one day :)

Also arco's guides are super super useful, accurate and make 100% sense (not), they deserve to be on top!
    #EndOfCynicism
    Post edited by rinat114 on
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @rinat114 enjoy your break. You deserve it. ;)
  • wolfx1992wolfx1992 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Okay so im trying for an answer but in the guide i need to use the well of the dragon gear but well of the dragon is now for lv70 so what can i use for 60-70 normal blue gear ?
    wolfx1992 said:

Okay so im trying for an answer but in the guide i need to use the well of the dragon gear but well of the dragon is now for lv70 so what can i use for 60-70 normal blue gear ?

Apologies for the late response. Honestly, between 60 to 70 anything works, I wouldn't invest time in searching for amazing gear, it's just leveling.

Also a little update about the build - I've been working on a new build and a few changes. Sadly, the outcome isn't as good as I originally thought, so the build will most likely stay the same feat wise, but there will be a bunch of new stuff as far as routine goes (requires some swapping around depends on what you're doing), some insight about Battle Fury, higher Recovery, BIS mounts/insignia bonuses and all that fun groove. The update will take a while since I'm extremely busy in real life at the moment, yet I welcome questions if anyone has pressing matters to discuss in-game or in here.

Cheers!
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    @rinat114

Do you still recommend lostmauth set after nerf?

@rinat114

Do you still recommend lostmauth set after nerf?

No, I will be switching to Orcus. An update to the guide should come out soon.
  • thecatalanoaragothecatalanoarago Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hey Lia, a question. My GWF's initial roll is 18STR, 15CON and DEX, is very bad I know. The question is, it is possible to reroll to 18, 12, 18?

Hey Lia, a question. My GWF's initial roll is 18STR, 15CON and DEX, is very bad I know. The question is, it is possible to reroll to 18, 12, 18?

What's your race?
    edited April 2016
    rinat114 said:

What's your race?

Orc
    PD: Im lvl 70 and have a decent gear.
  • magnaangemon01magnaangemon01 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I skimmed through the thread, didn't see this, so I'll ask. For solo pve play, what is your ideal rotation?

Also, I watched your video for etot. How were you healing so much? Like 100k heals and such?
    Post edited by magnaangemon01 on
    edited April 2016

rinat114 said:

What's your race?

Orc
    PD: Im lvl 70 and have a decent gear.
    Yes, you can reroll to 18 STR/18 DEX/12 CON, and that's after the +2 of course.

I skimmed through the thread, didn't see this, so I'll ask. For solo pve play, what is your ideal rotation?

Also, I watched your video for etot. How were you healing so much? Like 100k heals and such?

It's listed in the actual guide. The ideal routine would be Hidden Daggers, Daring Shout and IBS/Battle Fury (I'll elaborate on that more when I update the guide for Mod 9).
    The solo eTOS heals were caused by highly stacked lifesteal, the more damage you do the higher the heals (the video was taken prior to lifesteal severity being introduced into the game as a stat). You could also mean the Stone of Health healing, I used it a couple of times during the fight, could also be that.
  • magnaangemon01magnaangemon01 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I didn't mean routine, I meant the actual rotation, such as WMS, SS, SPINNING, Hidden Daggers, IBS. REPEAT. (Just an example).
    edited April 2016

I didn't mean routine, I meant the actual rotation, such as WMS, SS, SPINNING, Hidden Daggers, IBS. REPEAT. (Just an example).

There's a whole section on what to use and when during combat, it's just in text and very detailed, less so DS>WMS>HD>UNSTOPABLE>IBS. It's under "Important Mechanics for that routine" aka rotation.
    edited April 2016
    Hey Lia, Ive another question. U use azure and radiance in your offense and defense slots but, what is actually better to have, radiance on defense and azure on offense, or both brutal?
    Post edited by thecatalanoarago on

Hey Lia, Ive another question. U use azure and radiance in your offense and defense slots but, what is actually better to have, radiance on defense and azure on offense, or both brutal?

I just released the update for Mod 9, that should answer your question.

I've re-written a lot of the parts that were out-dated and everything is now up to date including the new things for this mod (such as Mounts/Insignia's, etc.)

Thank you for reading folks! Happy hunting!
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hi, Lia. Have you tested how much damage you could gain when you slot wrathful determination (with your rotation)? Do you also try to push unstoppable when you determination bar is full? I am thinking with your rotation if IBS could (in most of the time ) benifit from destroyer purpose stacks?

Edit: I did one test with wrathful determination by pushing unstoppable only at half bar of determination, I only observe 6.3% damage increase. That could be a lower bound for the damge increase with this class feature.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
    edited April 2016

Hi, Lia. Have you tested how much damage you could gain when you slot wrathful determination (with your rotation)? Do you also try to push unstoppable when you determination bar is full? I am thinking with your rotation if IBS could (in most of the time ) benifit from destroyer purpose stacks?

Edit: I did one test with wrathful determination by pushing unstoppable only at half bar of determination, I only observe 6.3% damage increase. That could be a lower bound for the damge increase with this class feature.

Yes, I tested with Weapon Master and without it (slotting WD instead), the increase in DPS scratched the 20% mark. WD does seem a little bit unstable IMO, but nothing game-breaking or any big difference truly. Also I rarely ever tab when it's halfway through, it's either completely full or 95% there, I got used to a very specific routine.
  • sturdy91sturdy91 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hia Lia, thanks for your awesome build. I just got one question. Did you test the new dread enchantment for your weapon enchant and if so, did you still recommend the vorpal?
    sturdy91 said:

Hia Lia, thanks for your awesome build. I just got one question. Did you test the new dread enchantment for your weapon enchant and if so, did you still recommend the vorpal?

Hi! No, I haven't bothered to test the Dread enchantment simply because I know it'll be worse than a Vorpal. As a GWF, most of your damage comes from at-wills, and since Dread Enchantment works only on encounters (worst case scenario, we use only 1 damaging encounter) there's no use in even testing.
  • pienorpienor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hey everyone, and thanks for the awesome guide. I recently returned to the game, deciding to switch from ranged to a melee toon, so I am now playing/leveling my gwf - this guide helped A LOT already. :smile:
    I need a little advice on gearing though, as I've been gone from the game quite a while; since I won't be able to instantly get the orcus set/twisted weapons - how far should I upgrade the elemental weapons from the campaign (as in; how long am I going to keep them even?)? Or does the mulhorand set suffice, until I get twisted stuff?

Also is there any cheap/decent alternative on belt/neck? I've read through the alternatives in the guide, but is it actually worth investing in an elol set, or are there any 'better' alternatives? I'm a bit low on ad currently; buying the parts shouldn't be the problem, but upgrading them is still quite expensive I suppose.
    Thanks!
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    The orcus neck is pretty cheap in the AH. it is the belt and artifact that are more expensive.
    And yes, you can continue to use the Mulhorand items until you get twisted, the mulhorand gear is actually equivalent in weapon damage (most important stat) to a epic artifact weapon so you don't lose too many stats, and you save yourself a lot of RP
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • pienorpienor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    scathias said:

The orcus neck is pretty cheap in the AH. it is the belt and artifact that are more expensive.
    And yes, you can continue to use the Mulhorand items until you get twisted, the mulhorand gear is actually equivalent in weapon damage (most important stat) to a epic artifact weapon so you don't lose too many stats, and you save yourself a lot of RP

Thanks! I actually got myself the lostmauth set since it's not that expensive anymore, and still has pretty good stats overall, and it's gonna be a while till I can actually get the orcus set.
    Going to keep the mulhorand stuff till twisted then, thanks for your reply!
This discussion has been closed.