test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    ddasani1 said:

Hi, I have a GWF who's needing a little guidance. I'm not quite level 70 but I have learned that Wrathful determination is better as I can keep my determination fully built with either running to the next set of mobs or slotting in Daring Shout. My question is, should I use WMS as my right click or keep SS? The reason I'm asking is because WMS clears a lot of the "trash mobs" faster than my daggers do. I haven't played a GWF since M6, so I don't really know of a good way to max my damage as a low iLVL player.

Wrathful Determination is problematic in a way. If GWF's ever get to the point of getting 100% crit chance (or the lostmauth set gets lost) without Weapon Master, either Wrathful or Steel Blitz would replace it, but I wouldn't recommend it at this point, especially with lower crit levels (assuming you dropped weapon master and not Destroyer, which is literally a must.)
    You should be able to alternate between your at-wills as the situation dictates. There aren't any rules to that, but I like to follow my own being - if there are over than 3 mobs, spam WMS til you shrink the numbers down. By that time you'll be left with the elite mobs with the most HP, those are easier to take down with just SS. WMS is also a buff in addition to it being a massive aoe, so you need to use it wisely (as in not overuse it on single target bosses, etc.)

I've follow your build since i dont have experience with gwf but thinking only in DPS some changes come to my mind and i wanna see what u think of it. Instead using daring shout i use battle fury cause in my tests (just simple math, so can be wrong) i got something abt 15%/25% more dmg with it, then instead taking student of the sword feat i go for relentless battle fury cause imho the dmg i lost wont taking student of the sword i more than compensate wth BF and as i got relentless battle fury instead use florish i go for takedown, ofc the dmg is lower but with that changes the cd compensate.

Battle Fury at its current state in PVE is inferior to DS. In order to understand why, I'll break down DS into pieces -
    Applies mark. Mark = 20% more damage to you + 8% to party members/allies.
    Mark = CA = +whatever CA bonus you have, applies to your allies as well.
    Literally instant determination refill if enough mobs around (and even if not.)
    +/-5% debuff on mobs for a few seconds after casting (might be slightly more, been a good while since I checked.)
    +variable amount of DR granted based on the scariest mobs around (Driders! I love those.)
    +15% more damage from Powerful Challenge.

I think the above is self explanatory.

After the mark changes were applied when Mod 4 came out, it became a necessity for both a GWF and the party (this is literally our only way to buff the party other than BF).
    I truly hope a class rework is coming sooner or later, I don't like the class being so dependent on DS or mark is a feature to uphold our DPS, yet for now it's the superior option.
  • Options
    sensifensisensifensi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    wuld it be okay to have 2 pieces of dusk and 2 pieces of Drowcraft equiped ? Also how to get that zhentarim warlock these days :D
  • Options
    snuts74snuts74 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 25 Cryptic Developer

wuld it be okay to have 2 pieces of dusk and 2 pieces of Drowcraft equiped ? Also how to get that zhentarim warlock these days :D

That's what I have. 2 + 2 It's the closest thing I could get to preserving my Critical strike while upgrading to the new gear for set bonuses.
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Hi, i checked OP and adjusted my feats with it, minus the pts i already had wasted and all but its pretty close. I just want to ask what powers to use with that, i couldn't find a screen. Thanks
  • Options
    germmargermmar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    Personalized Adamant Ring vs Band of Loathing. Which is better?
  • Options
    zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Quick question, I'm pretty new to the GWF,coming from my GF. I'm looking at the battle awareness feat, it seems like it would be really really good. 25%more power seems like alot. I know slam doesn't do as much damage as spinning strike, but you're able to continue using at wills/encounters during its cast time. Is it just too bad of a skill, even feated?
  • Options

Most definitely, if you can't get a hold of the DF armor pieces, you can go that way :)
    destrowod said:

Hi, i checked OP and adjusted my feats with it, minus the pts i already had wasted and all but its pretty close. I just want to ask what powers to use with that, i couldn't find a screen. Thanks

There's a huge section dedicated to powers, not everything is pictures, some reading is due. There's also a link provided as to what powers to level up, although I'm still trying to make NWcalc work with me and it doesn't want to, but it's pretty understandable.
    germmar said:

Personalized Adamant Ring vs Band of Loathing. Which is better?

For lower geared characters Band of Loathing might be more ideal, for higher geared ones (especially with a bonding companion), you can skip them and get 2x slotted rings, the defense slots ARE important!
    zachwho said:

Quick question, I'm pretty new to the GWF,coming from my GF. I'm looking at the battle awareness feat, it seems like it would be really really good. 25%more power seems like alot. I know slam doesn't do as much damage as spinning strike, but you're able to continue using at wills/encounters during its cast time. Is it just too bad of a skill, even feated?

It's not a bad feat, on the contrary, overtime, any other dailies than Crescendo loses value. By the time you cast and perform, you can do way more damage with your at wills (ie. Spinning Strike, etc.) Yet, I have yet to justify losing a feat for that one, I'm still in the process of checking it out though. I'll issue a minor update during the upcoming 2x RP, if I have the time to write my conclusions down there will also be a slight change in the build, yet the rest will be mainly gear, no promises :)
  • Options
    axlinsharpfangaxlinsharpfang Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'd like suggestions for equipping my companions. Here's what I currently have. I'm saving up for an augment pet.

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Girdle of the striker is costs 5k or so last I checked and that comes with a dual enchant slots.

However, if you are saving for an augment then there isn't much point in giving gear to your pets since gear only effects pets you have summoned, so either the augment or the mercenary.

If you choose to use 3x greater (or better) bonding runestones then you would use them in your mercenary there and get the girdle of the striker (5k) and 2x loyal avenger rings (300k each)to be BIS. The loyal master rings (60k eqch) are cheaper though (652 power/recovery each) but you lose out on the arp and crit the loyal avenger rings give. You get cheap dual slot rings though.

Loyal avenger or master rings are what you want for your augment as well. If you get a Ioun stone of allure as your augment that one needs an icon, loyal avenger icon is fairly cheap for that.

If you were actually asking about what pets to use and you are on a budget I would replace the damaraan Shepard with a blue or epic earth archon (both are very cheap). Gwf stay at 100% hp a ton so we almost always get the full bonus from using earth. When you get the augment replace the mercenary. If you ever switch to a bonding runestones set up then take out the augment in favor of the mercenary and perhaps increase it to blue at that time.

This info is all rather vague since I don't know your budget so I hope I helped
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    Guys what do you think of the Artifact weapons?(Twisted Weapons can get you up to 4000 power)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I got zillion tells in-game asking me why I'm using the Drowned weapon set and asking if it's really better than the rest, I'll take the opportunity to say that I have the Drowned set JUST for PVP. I own a twisted set for a while now, but waiting on 2x RP to get my offhand to legendary. Since the SH weapons turned out to be a cluster**** (and that was my first choice, since 85% of my guildies were planning to get them before we found out it's nearly impossible), Twisted is the second best choice.
  • Options
    bufferfullbufferfull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What set of skill you use in PVP with destroyer sword master?
  • Options

What set of skill you use in PVP with destroyer sword master?

I don't PVP as SM, I retrain to IV and change my build entirely to fit (low crit, high armpen, less HP, more lifesteal, etc.)
  • Options
    Cheers folks, happy New Year! The guide is now updated for mod 8, nothing too major but some interesting notes. I have yet to reach my desired results for the sub-build I'm working on, so it'll take some time but hopefully I'll be able to post it in the future.
  • Options
    rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Hello, don't post very often. I was asked about my build, in guild, often enough that I was inspired, inspired to make something silly. That and adding other minds to a build may result in even more majesty and greatness xD

So I made a video, was told it wasn't overly bad, and decided to share! For those wondering, yes, saying it's the tank and healers fault was HEAVY sarcasm. If you run in suicidally and die, not the support classes fault. That's yours. Tank goes in first, we should all know better.

https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA

Love - Bonk
    Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
    The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
    A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
    The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

Cheers folks, happy New Year! The guide is now updated for mod 8, nothing too major but some interesting notes. I have yet to reach my desired results for the sub-build I'm working on, so it'll take some time but hopefully I'll be able to post it in the future.

Happy New Year to you too and ty for the update. I would just like to add that instead of Air Archon companion, just for the SH map, it's better to switch it for Siege Master. But only for SH Map since it's a bigger boost in damage (very useful on Dragonflight). ;)
  • Options
    vida44 said:

rinat114 said:

Happy New Year to you too and ty for the update. I would just like to add that instead of Air Archon companion, just for the SH map, it's better to switch it for Siege Master. But only for SH Map since it's a bigger boost in damage (very useful on Dragonflight). ;)
    Our DF's as a guild are literally 3 - 4 minutes long, extra damage won't do much :) While the Siegemaster is 4% at epic and the Air Archon is 5% at epic and you do most of your sword swinging outside of the Stronghold, not entirely sure it's worth it as far as AD costs go. I'd say it's individual, you could slot it instead of a Yeti (if you don't have a Cambion), but it wouldn't be an endgame goal, yet a sub companion you can switch in and out perhaps when needed.
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

vida44 said:

rinat114 said:

Our DF's as a guild are literally 3 - 4 minutes long, extra damage won't do much :)
    Hehe...ours still aren't so every plus in DPS is more than welcome :)

But yeah, like you said on every other map outside of SH Air Archon is a much better option. A sub companion for a bit extra boost in SH. And I'm not planning on upgrading him to purple since 7% is good enough on SH map for me (till I have AD to throw around). :)
  • Options
    And just noticed you had a little typo in the text for final stats. Both say "(With a summoned companion/not in combat)".

And just a bit curious. In the last build you had Recovery Rings (If I'm not mistaken). Now you switched to Piercing Rings and you also took the Assault Helmet. Where did you lose so much ArmPen? Or is it only so you don't depend on the companion proc?
  • Options
    vida44 said:

And just noticed you had a little typo in the text for final stats. Both say "(With a summoned companion/not in combat)".

And just a bit curious. In the last build you had Recovery Rings (If I'm not mistaken). Now you switched to Piercing Rings and you also took the Assault Helmet. Where did you lose so much ArmPen? Or is it only so you don't depend on the companion proc?

Fixed the typo, sorry about that.

I lost quite a bit of armpen due to my augment, in addition I made the recovery rings after we got the Armpen boon, which is now replaced in favor of power. I find it hard to rely on bonding procs despite most trash dungeon mobs not even meeting the 50 - 55% cap, I play it safe :)
  • Options
    therbintherbin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I don't really understand the companions. I just picked my first which is the warrior. I received a Water Archon in a lock box.
    is this any good?
  • Options
    therbin said:

I don't really understand the companions. I just picked my first which is the warrior. I received a Water Archon in a lock box.
    is this any good?

The companions I listed are endgame suggestions as you become more geared/stronger and can afford them. Some of them are quite affordable and even cheap (The Air/Fire Archons, Yeti, etc, just in non-epic versions). For a starter companion and if you have no others you can equip the Water Archon, although I wouldn't use it later on.
  • Options
    @rinat114
    If you had to choose which to pick. Would you choose Recovery or Deflection?
    Here's the thing. My guild is now in the process of building Stables rank 3 and ArmPen will certainly overcap me for PvE later on. Now I'm looking into changing my Lantern of Revelation for another Artifact since I will have more ArmPen then I need. The options are Heart of the Blue Dragon or the Trickster Sigil. No loss on Crit and CA. Although, overall I am losing stats when it comes to activating the Lantern since it gives a boost of 16% so I will probably switch it for dungeons or any group content, but I think Wheel of elements will make a great replacement as a main like you said in the first post.

Personally, I feel going for the Deflection since less damage I take the more I can hit, but I would like to hear other opinions also. Or maybe you have a better artifact in mind?
  • Options
    vida44 said:

@rinat114
    Here's the thing. My guild is now in the process of building Stables rank 3 and ArmPen will certainly overcap me for PvE later on. Now I'm looking into changing my Lantern of Revelation for another Artifact since I will have more ArmPen then I need. The options are Heart of the Blue Dragon or the Trickster Sigil. No loss on Crit and CA. Although, overall I am losing stats when it comes to activating the Lantern since it gives a boost of 16% so I will probably switch it for dungeons or any group content, but I think Wheel of elements will make a great replacement as a main like you said in the first post.

Personally, I feel going for the Deflection since less damage I take the more I can hit, but I would like to hear other opinions also. Or maybe you have a better artifact in mind?

I used the armpen boon up until recently when we got the Barracks up to 7 as well, personally I wouldn't change much since you're gonna switch out the boon eventually and you're going to be overcapped anyways by 30 - 40%. Deflection is good if you have a good base defelction rate and it's certainly not needed for PVE. Recovery is somehow more useful and you get 25% out of it for power, so there you go - Heart of the Blue dragon it is :)
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

vida44 said:

@rinat114

I used the armpen boon up until recently when we got the Barracks up to 7 as well, personally I wouldn't change much since you're gonna switch out the boon eventually and you're going to be overcapped anyways by 30 - 40%. Deflection is good if you have a good base defelction rate and it's certainly not needed for PVE. Recovery is somehow more useful and you get 25% out of it for power, so there you go - Heart of the Blue dragon it is :)
    Ty for the advice. ;)
  • Options
    redkiller#4631 redkiller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Iounstone with 3x bonding Runestone usefull?
    Same effect as Zhentarim Warlock?
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Augments cannot proc bonding.
  • Options
    danets#9365 danets Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Lia,

Great build. Saw the Etos solo. Could you explain elaborate the mechanics of fighting mobs (I'm on Xbox ). Such as how do you know when or why to do X power?

Thanks.
  • Options

Lia,

Great build. Saw the Etos solo. Could you explain elaborate the mechanics of fighting mobs (I'm on Xbox ). Such as how do you know when or why to do X power?

Thanks.

Hi, thank you!

I'll describe an ideal situation (that really occurs, often enough) and we'll go from there -

Dungeon, you're facing 7 mobs, 5 of them critters (the squishy ones with the least amount of HP), and other 2 are elite mobs (with the most amount of HP, hence will take a bit longer to take down.)

A GWF's greatest AOE assets are Hidden Daggers, Weapon Master Strike and Destroyer. In order to use them wisely, you reach out for the mobs, you mark them with Daring shout. This will start stacking Destroyer immediately. Afterwards, you use Hidden Daggers and WMS most of the mobs down (you mustn't forget to apply the HD buff when it wears off and obviously Daring Shout once the mark goes away). A neat trick is to WMS most of the mobs down and leave just one critter alive and right before it dies, IBS it. It'll apply a second mark on the elite mobs (and the rest of there's anything still alive) and will increase your damage significantly. Once you're down to two or less mobs, the use in WMS should gradually decrease, and you'll use it mostly to buff your Sure Strike and take them down (aka, from full AOE mode you gradually tone down to single target mode).

Hopefully that helped!
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Does the mark from IBS still stack with the mark from DS? Because i was testing mark stacking with a GF + GWf last night and found that none of the marks they apply stack with each other according to the efficiency column in ACT. I know marks used to stack but it appears that they don't anymore
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
This discussion has been closed.