test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    negikod wrote: »
    Can i ask for kinda selfish thing? :x i mean can you/someone post a nwcalc link with powers to lvl up? i mean i did read what powers are good but i to get next skills i need to firstly spend some points on others like "not so fast" etc and i dunno if i just spam whenever i feel like to spend those points or should i level specific skills even tho they are not so good

thanks in advance

PS sorryt for my RIP englishQ_Q

PS2 : and another thing cos i did read many threads about ability scores i mean ...what stats to add each 10 lvls? str and con? or dex? or what cos after reading all that + the mod 6 things i got little confusedQ_Q

The build answers both of your questions.
    For abilities, as mentioned, +1 DEX/STR every 10 levels.

As for a power chart, I already linked one in the build, could have missed it though, it's tiny :P

So here :)
    thenoetics wrote: »

and so they updated lol
    thanks for those, think one is incorrect heroics wise and both are for non-humans tho :P
  • Options
    fr3akout3fr3akout3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 72
    edited April 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Hi! thanks for the positive feedback (totes sure you beat me in Tia, I was first maybe like three times lol)

Yeah, Weapon Master rank 4 does not work for some GWF's. It didn't work for me, I had to retrain and they refunded my zen :( it's a bug, will be fixed this week I assume.
    As for the dex/str belt. Think of it that way - I lose 2% crit chance (which is supppppper crucial this mode, crit isn't easy to stack at all, every 1% counts), 2% AOE resist (god knows these mobs like to aoe my *** to death) and 1.5% deflection in favor of 2% bonus damage (with so many ampfires the average destroyer gets, you can live without it easily), DOT resist (no good for anything other than pvp, no mobs DOT you) and Stmaina regen. My personal math is simple, I would take the extra 2 DEX any day :]

As for RI, I currently roll with 53%. You can tell the difference immensly, my damage is INSANE. Reaching 80 - 90% cap is not something I aspire to do, pepole with plagues/terrors/other debuffs will complete the missing margin for you eventually, but the more you can get, the better, defenitely!

Hey! thanks for the repsonse!

Just hit 1.6m on one of CC's second boss encounter with IBS yesterday, 1 DC, 1 Renegade CW, no other external buffs and no exploits, I assure you. And yeah, thanks to the mark :)

I'll also explain why - Mark provides instant combat advantage regardless of your party's position, so if you happen to solo an elite mob (as you will do, often), you don't need to count on your party members to stand in a certain position and provide CA for you, you can do that on your own.

15% damage > 5% damage, and the crit doesn't really matter. I easily got back to my pre mod 6 crit chance, and it will get slightly higher eventually. I can spare the 5% chance (that won't happen as often if you won't use DS btw).
    I am by far top DPS in all dungeons easily (except for broken SW's, who'll keep QQing about their supposed nerf that never happened), and only 2 DPS encounters. DS provides so much awesomeness, it's not just the extra personal DPS you get, you provide all of the party instant CA, increasing their damage, increasing your DR, and reducing the mobs DR if they won't attack you.

Honestly, hard to pass on that in favor of the sad FLS damage or the now useless restoring. You'll get one shotted either way, best you can do with restoring now is restore stamina.

Recently specced PVP destro just for fun (SM sadly, too lazy to spec IV again), I roll with Battle Fury, IBS and takedown. The damage is sad without the mark, oh so very sad, and since the pvp scene is still sorta dead I'll just spec back today.

If you ever want to run and test damage, let me know :)

Sorry for the late answer, was at work and I rarely check my messages. Hope it helped!

Every GWF should be coming 1st in dps at this stage. I have seen in e tos gwf with 130m cws on 70m underneath. M = million. GWF is god of dps! Question is if it s going to stay and if intended to be this way. Possibly as even stacking def roughly 5-6k does not provide much DR but 5-6 crit or armor pen is diff question 55%RI. Patches will be interesting. It's nice to see you maintain your guide :)
  • Options
    negikodnegikod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The build answers both of your questions.
    For abilities, as mentioned, +1 DEX/STR every 10 levels.

As for a power chart, I already linked one in the build, could have missed it though, it's tiny :P

So here :)

Thanks for the answer with stats etc :)
    but about power charts um...unfortunetly as of today they messed up something as it says in the link and all the old or created before today links were delated so the one you posted is a blank power chart nbow Q_Q could you pleqase update it?:x Thank you in advance :) Cheers~~
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    fr3akout3 wrote: »
    Every GWF should be coming 1st in dps at this stage. I have seen in e tos gwf with 130m cws on 70m underneath. M = million. GWF is god of dps! Question is if it s going to stay and if intended to be this way. Possibly as even stacking def roughly 5-6k does not provide much DR but 5-6 crit or armor pen is diff question 55%RI. Patches will be interesting. It's nice to see you maintain your guide :)

I'm not aware of any GWF exploits that will change anything after the patch :O We shall remain the same I believe, no nerf is justified. About the top DPS comment - Point wasn't to say I'm to DPS because well, me lol, most GWF's (if destro and played right) will be top DPS with no trouble, point is you can do that and still do superior DPS with only 2 damaging encounters :)
    Thanks for the answer with stats etc :)
    but about power charts um...unfortunetly as of today they messed up something as it says in the link and all the old or created before today links were delated so the one you posted is a blank power chart nbow Q_Q could you pleqase update it?:x Thank you in advance :) Cheers~~

You're welcome! and yeah, they effed up, but I fixed the link once again, hope this one will work!

Try it here
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You're welcome! and yeah, they effed up, but I fixed the link once again, hope this one will work!

Try it here

prolly they effed up morte then they know cos still when i click the link im redirected to main page not to the build meh but still thanks for the help :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    prolly they effed up morte then they know cos still when i click the link im redirected to main page not to the build meh but still thanks for the help :)

lol god, it seems to work from time to time. try this one? http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/gwf?b=29do:zb5pgb:9ejx:9fyp2,19iiw30:1000000:1uu5551:15u0u00&h=0&p=smr
  • Options
    edited April 2015

yeey thanks its working now :3 just a quick one more question about powers what about rank 4 of the skills for example IBS 70 points is max points number i can get right? but to be able to add more then rank 3 i need 70 points spent...sooo kinda confused:x is it that rank 4 dont require power points? or im completly blind and i didnt see something obvious :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yeey thanks its working now :3 just a quick one more question about powers what about rank 4 of the skills for example IBS 70 points is max points number i can get right? but to be able to add more then rank 3 i need 70 points spent...sooo kinda confused:x is it that rank 4 dont require power points? or im completly blind and i didnt see something obvious :D

You need 70 points to reach power capstone, then extra power points in order to upgrade them to rank 4. I had around 20+ extra points, so no trouble here, it comes with overflow experience. You're not blind anyways, NWcalc did not implement rank 4 slots in their caculators yet :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You need 70 points to reach power capstone, then extra power points in order to upgrade them to rank 4. I had around 20+ extra points, so no trouble here, it comes with overflow experience. You're not blind anyways, NWcalc did not implement rank 4 slots in their caculators yet :)
    @_@ term overflow experience made my mind blow since i have no idea whats that but at this point im prolly nopt rdy to know that yet still thanks for all the info !! time to hit some lvls :D
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    leveling my GWF IV destroyer now 67, i recently started to use slam for daily against trash mobs, imo i deals more damage than other dailies from what i can see, if you add your atwills and other encounter on top, cause its passive dealt damage, you stay in fight
    ..only wanted to know if this daily results in instant death in case of pulling too much aggro in dungeons?
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a question, what is the active bonus at M6 of young yeti at epic rank? Can you paste prt scrn please :d
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    leveling my GWF IV destroyer now 67, i recently started to use slam for daily against trash mobs, imo i deals more damage than other dailies from what i can see, if you add your atwills and other encounter on top, cause its passive dealt damage, you stay in fight
    ..only wanted to know if this daily results in instant death in case of pulling too much aggro in dungeons?

Aggro will get you killed in Mod 6, not that you can really help it since GWF's are the top damage dealers this mod, so unless you have a tank...
    I don't like slam, not because of the aggro, it's just that spinning deals more eventual damage. Been tested. If my encounters are already all on CD, I pull spinning, and by the time I'm done they all come back. Gotta know how to use it to maximize the results.
    reddevilbs wrote: »
    I have a question, what is the active bonus at M6 of young yeti at epic rank? Can you paste prt scrn please :d

There you go -

OhvuWsQ.jpg
  • Options
    tropicofcancer43tropicofcancer43 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hard to understand why you got so much hate and accusations of copying anothers build , this is nothing like Laz's build really , you've went destro/sent instead of destro/insti . Anyone who's gonna take the time to post something to help other players out deserves props .That said I'd highly encourage anyone looking for a gwf build who's SM to stay away from anything in the sentinel tree unless you are focused on sentinel . Mod 6 changed alot of things and gwf's in the know are selling off power like the stock market crashed . Wicked strike doesn't even compare to weapon masters strike , not only does it debuff SS and itself but it will also proc flanking manuevers . Spinning strike is good damage but a well timed avalanche can keep your whole party from wiping .Daring shout is awesome , but with the introduction of flanking manuevers for tier 3 instigator and the insane damage of the lostmauth 3 piece Im going for nsf believe it or not . Sure its not the huge damage but its lightning quick with a short cool down and if a mob is going for the DC then I can sprint up behind and put some on their back .DPS will be a dime a dozen now , the backbone of an end game group is the DC and the tank , when they fall its a wipe . Pre mod 6 I would say Lia Knowles build is the most solid around (other than not putting at least 1/5 in deep gash) but 5% Deflect isnt worth a 5% debuff from sots , tier 2 isnt worth 5% crit chance and damage ,marking targets isnt worth proning a mob with an at will power .Regardless of what gwf build you make do the one that you like to play , I dont see Lia Knowles being kicked from any group .
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hard to understand why you got so much hate and accusations of copying anothers build , this is nothing like Laz's build really , you've went destro/sent instead of destro/insti . Anyone who's gonna take the time to post something to help other players out deserves props .That said I'd highly encourage anyone looking for a gwf build who's SM to stay away from anything in the sentinel tree unless you are focused on sentinel . Mod 6 changed alot of things and gwf's in the know are selling off power like the stock market crashed . Wicked strike doesn't even compare to weapon masters strike , not only does it debuff SS and itself but it will also proc flanking manuevers . Spinning strike is good damage but a well timed avalanche can keep your whole party from wiping .Daring shout is awesome , but with the introduction of flanking manuevers for tier 3 instigator and the insane damage of the lostmauth 3 piece Im going for nsf believe it or not . Sure its not the huge damage but its lightning quick with a short cool down and if a mob is going for the DC then I can sprint up behind and put some on their back .DPS will be a dime a dozen now , the backbone of an end game group is the DC and the tank , when they fall its a wipe . Pre mod 6 I would say Lia Knowles build is the most solid around (other than not putting at least 1/5 in deep gash) but 5% Deflect isnt worth a 5% debuff from sots , tier 2 isnt worth 5% crit chance and damage ,marking targets isnt worth proning a mob with an at will power .Regardless of what gwf build you make do the one that you like to play , I dont see Lia Knowles being kicked from any group .

Thanks for the constructive feedback! Was interesting to read.

I rolled with 3 feats into Instigator for a couple of days, WMS, flanking maneuvers and all the goodies. Pretty much same party formation, 1 CW, 2 support (varied, tankadin and DC or double DC), me and either another CW or another GWF. WMS's animation is horrible and so freaking slow it's making me sad. I wanted to be more supportive for the party, but it turned out to be not as helpful as I hoped. Mobs CC resistance is RIDICULOUS. By the time I finished using my WMS animation, they were prone for 0.000001 seconds and got up in an instant. CW freeze lasts for even less, I just don't see myself investing in another tree, losing slight DPS to gain super mitigateable CC that'll be no help eventually. We wiped either way equally, on all runs regardless of the prone. With that said, I also tried deep gash for a couple of runs. 1% of my total DPS seems to be unworthy of any points in it. I currently ditched the third Sentinel feat for Student of the Sword, it's not hard to maintain even though it won't stack, and it proves more useful atm. DR won't save me, everything one shots everyone anyways, so might as well invest in DPS. I am still testing things out and will be updating with results very soon. As for the deflect feat, I ditched Fey Thistle for now. My poor 15% deflect after curves won't prove useful, so I switched for stamina regen. Sprinting is oh so very important this mod, stamina regen should be the next AP gain for GWF's.

I'm skipping the lostmauth set. I don't like the 2/2 DEX/STR (explained why on one comment above), but I will use the neck and replace my lathander. Plus the artifact sucks IMO :(

I'm tweaking things as I go, my stats are far from perfect, I need to stack crit and such to make things better, but I'm not in a hurry to go BIS or endgame. I pity the ones who did 1 week into the mod. I got some work to do, no worries :)
  • Options
    tropicofcancer43tropicofcancer43 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the constructive feedback! Was interesting to read.

I rolled with 3 feats into Instigator for a couple of days, WMS, flanking maneuvers and all the goodies. Pretty much same party formation, 1 CW, 2 support (varied, tankadin and DC or double DC), me and either another CW or another GWF. WMS's animation is horrible and so freaking slow it's making me sad. I wanted to be more supportive for the party, but it turned out to be not as helpful as I hoped. Mobs CC resistance is RIDICULOUS. By the time I finished using my WMS animation, they were prone for 0.000001 seconds and got up in an instant. CW freeze lasts for even less, I just don't see myself investing in another tree, losing slight DPS to gain super mitigateable CC that'll be no help eventually. We wiped either way equally, on all runs regardless of the prone. With that said, I also tried deep gash for a couple of runs. 1% of my total DPS seems to be unworthy of any points in it. I currently ditched the third Sentinel feat for Student of the Sword, it's not hard to maintain even though it won't stack, and it proves more useful atm. DR won't save me, everything one shots everyone anyways, so might as well invest in DPS. I am still testing things out and will be updating with results very soon. As for the deflect feat, I ditched Fey Thistle for now. My poor 15% deflect after curves won't prove useful, so I switched for stamina regen. Sprinting is oh so very important this mod, stamina regen should be the next AP gain for GWF's.

I'm skipping the lostmauth set. I don't like the 2/2 DEX/STR (explained why on one comment above), but I will use the neck and replace my lathander. Plus the artifact sucks IMO :(

I'm tweaking things as I go, my stats are far from perfect, I need to stack crit and such to make things better, but I'm not in a hurry to go BIS or endgame. I pity the ones who did 1 week into the mod. I got some work to do, no worries :)

Oh yeah I think everyone has alot of work to do . I couldnt agree more with the horrible animation from wms but bypasings DR is crucial now , especially with bosses rocking 40-80% . daring shout is still my go to in a boss fight , really usefull when your not its focus but hopefully the tank is already marking bosses . I dont like the str bonus you get from the lostmauth belt either ,im a dex man but the weapon damage from crits using the set is just too good . I disagree with you on the artifact some , its not quite 16% bonus damage but being able to push mobs off cliffs or into lava is nice , especially in spellplague .Please keep the posts coming , I think everyone is learning .
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I disagree with you on the artifact some , its not quite 16% bonus damage but being able to push mobs off cliffs or into lava is nice , especially in spellplague .Please keep the posts coming , I think everyone is learning .

I meant stat wise :P Me using any other artifact than the DC sigil as primary anytime soon seems out of the question. My secondary ones are purely for stats and for beauty ;) I should ditch my Banner as well, still debating if I should go with Thayan Book of the Dead or the CW sigil. Lifesteal is dead sadly, no point investing in it at all. Also if only they would bring back SP, FH, karru and CN :(
  • Options
    mkayzemkayze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Whats the best companion for solo leveling and group play?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mkayze wrote: »
    Whats the best companion for solo leveling and group play?

I would get a healer of any sort. If you're a new player, then I imagine you'll only be able to afford the basic one. If not, then Angel of Protection is nice. You're going to get smacked a lot since you're a melee, a healer would solve a lot of dying issues.
  • Options
    snipow1snipow1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know it is a pve guide(really nice guide), but what power combo can be good on pvp as SM, i am IV( to mark on pvp) atm, but i really like to be SM gwf.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    snipow1 wrote: »
    I know it is a pve guide(really nice guide), but what power combo can be good on pvp as SM, i am IV( to mark on pvp) atm, but i really like to be SM gwf.

For PVP I would stay IV for threatning rush being a gap closer. Also mark = CA, never forget.

I would adjust my build for pvp differently in 2 different ways, going 3 feats into Insitigator for perma stun with high crit is a very good choice, but also going 3 feats into Sentiel with the DR feat + negation is stupidly OP. If you want a chart for either, let me know.
  • Options
    urbancity104urbancity104 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Came back to the game to find out this horrid of a mod happened... GWF still sucks? I can't tell with my level 61 GWF, everything dies so fast and it looks like I can still wear my Avatar of War set with no problem. When is the full update for Mod 6? Should take me long enough to get myself to 70.. Hope you will issue a full update until then. Thanks for the hard work
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Came back to the game to find out this horrid of a mod happened... GWF still sucks? I can't tell with my level 61 GWF, everything dies so fast and it looks like I can still wear my Avatar of War set with no problem. When is the full update for Mod 6? Should take me long enough to get myself to 70.. Hope you will issue a full update until then. Thanks for the hard work

Hey. I don't like the mod either :( I'm 100% bored, they removed half the dungeons and there's nothing to do other than farm, farm and farm. I stayed with my aow from 60 - 70, wasn't easy towards the end, spinward mobs can be quite mean, but I managed. You can always get the WOD 61 set, it's decent with a nice pool of HP if you feel squishy.

Unfortunately, unlike others, I didn't and do not have the funds to go BIS 3 days into the mod. I'm still using my old arti equips and basically waiting for 2x RP to get my stuff straight and in line so I can see my stats more clearly and be happy with the direction I'm going with. Hopefuly I'll get the 137 gear all ready by then too for the bigger picture. I'm still tweaking my feats, stats and artifacts, I'll issue a tiny feat update in a short while, but nothing major til 2x RP.
  • Options
    badrabbit1957badrabbit1957 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice set up, was close to my own, made a few changes due to good points you made, would like to see your full up spec for mod 6, great job going to all this detail, many thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Nice set up, was close to my own, made a few changes due to good points you made, would like to see your full up spec for mod 6, great job going to all this detail, many thanks.

Thanks for the feedback :) As mentioned above, I'll issue a full update once 2x RP comes and I can get my new stuff ready.

In the meantime, I posted my feat change (as mentioned, I ditched the third senti feat, went with Staying Power instead) and therefore changed some of the mechanics.

Boons are also changed, but I'll issue an update on that once I get my full 137 set.
  • Options
    olafthegreatolafthegreat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hey lia.. did you do epic cragmire without cheating and exploits yet?? i tried with my guild two days ago and it went badly and we lost...

i am using weapon master strike now and its hard for me to understand how to use it so i can get the buffs better i know it buffs sure strike but it's very slow to use before encounters but i am getting used to it- so far i really enjoy the build thanks again

p.s - how good is the yeti?? i can only get the green yeti (i won it from need for mead) but i dont know if i should sell or equip
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hey lia.. did you do epic cragmire without cheating and exploits yet?? i tried with my guild two days ago and it went badly and we lost...

i am using weapon master strike now and its hard for me to understand how to use it so i can get the buffs better i know it buffs sure strike but it's very slow to use before encounters but i am getting used to it- so far i really enjoy the build thanks again

p.s - how good is the yeti?? i can only get the green yeti (i won it from need for mead) but i dont know if i should sell or equip

We haven't tried doing ECC legit yet, we're currently busy farming TOS as a guild to get everyone their gear (I'm still missing 2 pieces myself.) Don't know if CC is doable, but it's worth a try with a tank pally, virt dc, a CW, another CC and myself.

About WMS - I feel you. It's not a fun at will to use, the animation is quite horrendous and takes forever, but you get used to it. Key is to use it while unstopabble so it's much faster.

Posted a gamplay video of a eTOS guild run a few hours ago (streamed it on Twitch for my guildies first), I'm very strict with my mechanics and don't miss a bit, might be helpful for those who would like to watch rather than read. I use WMS either before daggers or after daggers, but the buff chain has to be in some order to work properly. Takes practice.

You can find it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGcqJ4hXCng (sorry for lagging bah)

And well the Yeti is very good. Even though I don't like to rely on procs, it procs vvveeeeeeeery well (doesn't feel like 10% tbh), and since you can get it on your own or buy it for like 80k it's a good starter companion and quite cheap also. My current plan is to replace it with a Cambion Magus for a non-proc reliant DPS boost, just trying to get one for 2 weeks now for a decent price, not really working sadly.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This is it folks! The guide is fully updated for Mod 6. Took me a while, I apologize, but I'm very satisfied with the results. I'd be happy to assist anyone in-game, with runs, mechanics, demonstration, whatever you need. Thanks for the positive feedback and massive response in mail, the game, in here and in MMOminds.

Please, if there are any errors what so ever, or if you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    LOL Love the name you gave the cambion.

quick question though. I'm thinking I'll run Brutals and Savages as my Enchantments (for the Lifesteal boost) do you feel its worth it? If I get enough I can probably hit a reasonable lifesteal stat also only sacrificing a little HP, and I'll make up more power from the brutals, while still having reasonable crit.

your opinions on these duelstat enchants?
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    LOL Love the name you gave the cambion.

quick question though. I'm thinking I'll run Brutals and Savages as my Enchantments (for the Lifesteal boost) do you feel its worth it? If I get enough I can probably hit a reasonable lifesteal stat also only sacrificing a little HP, and I'll make up more power from the brutals, while still having reasonable crit.

your opinions on these duelstat enchants?

Hehe ;) I was asking for good names in the guild, and one guildie said "always be truthful!" and this is the result :)

As for the multistat enchants - I'm purely against. On any other than bis level (rank 12), they provide less than 1% of any stat, and for a crit stacking GWF it's not something you want. Endgame you should easily end up with around 8.8% lifesteal purely from gear you can't help but wear (Weapon, etc.) so it's really not needed.

I do take into account not everyone aspires or can achieve 100% crit chance due to budget, in that case, you can consider Brutals, definitely not Savage though, you'll cap armpen soon enough without any enchantments.

Thanks for that Cambion :)
  • Options
    olafthegreatolafthegreat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i turned on advanced combat tracker for the first time today,,(a friend from the guld helped me with it..i never knew how to use it haha) and we ran valindra and it seemed like all of my damage is from sure strike.. most of it anyways.. is that right? seems like my encounters are supposed to do more damage it looks weird

thnx
This discussion has been closed.