test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

Did you reroll your starting rolls when you went with the Orcus set? Or still 18 dex 18 strength? (for orc)

I re-rolled to 16 STR and 18 DEX to eventually match, but I'm human. For Orc it should be similar, roll STR 2 lower and put them in DEX.
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Sounds legit, also how are you perceiving the changes coming to the GWF?
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Ok, I've seen changes comeing to the Hr, Sw, and Gf classes whats this about more to the GFW class and do I need to be afraid lol.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kevros62 said:

Ok, I've seen changes comeing to the Hr, Sw, and Gf classes whats this about more to the GFW class and do I need to be afraid lol.

Steel Blitz rank 4 is now 25% chance to deal 75% weapon damage. (Totally unrelated to this build but worth mention).
    Other than that, nothing much about anything related to Lia's build.
    Post edited by ajlir#7970 on
  • Options
    if I my ask were did you find this info. although I did use this build as a starting point I did not use it as a template. so im not 100% Lia's build I did add my own personal touches good or bad Im having fun But if more changes are coming id like to read up on them to see if they will effect me or not
  • Options
    oh and yes I'm most likely very close to her pre orcus build Most of it would not be smart on my part not to fallow. lol I'm just not a carbon copy.
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    lol its a shame one has to dig threw all the whinning and crying to find some thing useful. granted some of it has merit but good lord !!!
  • Options
    ya I know welcome to a mmo forum lol
  • Options
    sprigtaleweaversprigtaleweaver Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So, I have a few questions (I'm try to decide what to do with my last 5 feat points.

First, everyone says that once you have 60% resistance ignored, that is enough and no more is needed. Does that mean that the student of the sword feat ends up not being useful once your gear is enough? (Does the same thing would apply to staying power as well?)

Second, Does weapon master strike count as AOE for the purposes of Mighty Blade? I don't see the "burst" keyword on the weapon master strike tooltip, so I'm thinking not.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

So, I have a few questions (I'm try to decide what to do with my last 5 feat points.

First, everyone says that once you have 60% resistance ignored, that is enough and no more is needed. Does that mean that the student of the sword feat ends up not being useful once your gear is enough? (Does the same thing would apply to staying power as well?)

It acts as a resistance debuff and it boosts your damage.

Second, Does weapon master strike count as AOE for the purposes of Mighty Blade? I don't see the "burst" keyword on the weapon master strike tooltip, so I'm thinking not.

Anything AoE with no burst word on it isn't counted for the purposes of Mighty Blade.
  • Options
    sprigtaleweaversprigtaleweaver Member Posts: 4 Arc User

So, let's take an example of an enemy that has 50% resistance. And let's say that you have enough armor pen/other stats to have 60% resistance ignored. Does this feat still increase your damage? I guess what I'm asking is if the resistance debuff would put the target into "negative" resistance or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

So, let's take an example of an enemy that has 50% resistance. And let's say that you have enough armor pen/other stats to have 60% resistance ignored. Does this feat still increase your damage? I guess what I'm asking is if the resistance debuff would put the target into "negative" resistance or not.
    Debuff from enchants/feats almost always goes into negatives, while armpen does not. So if the enemy has 50% DR and you have 60% RI, you'd strip the enemy's DR to 0. Afterwards all the debuffs like Student of the Sword, etc. would start taking effect and reduce the target's DR into negatives, i.e beneath 0.
    Post edited by rinat114 on
  • Options
    @rinat114 hoe exactly does combat advantage work when talking about CA companions, do they add directly to CA damage? If I am at 10% CA damage will a Blink dog make it 15%?

Right now I'm running Leg Merc as summoned, yeti, air archon, fire archon, and erinyes. But once the bonding changes hit xbox I plan on switching stuff around, possibly use the fire archon summoned and swap the merc for a Siege Master or Blink dog, is 5% CA damage the same as 5% bonus damage?

Thanks
  • Options
    goranpetgoranpet Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hi Lia,

Thanks for great guide.
    Just one question, did you try to use Battle Awareness instead of Student of the sword because we already have more that 60% RI? As it gives you 25% more power when activating Slam (on entering fight, before staring our routine).

And I don't see you are mentioning of using Dancing Blade as a companion which also gives you 5% constant buff (crit sev), is there any reason for that?

Thank you for your answers.
  • Options
    pr3stigex said:

@rinat114 hoe exactly does combat advantage work when talking about CA companions, do they add directly to CA damage? If I am at 10% CA damage will a Blink dog make it 15%?

Right now I'm running Leg Merc as summoned, yeti, air archon, fire archon, and erinyes. But once the bonding changes hit xbox I plan on switching stuff around, possibly use the fire archon summoned and swap the merc for a Siege Master or Blink dog, is 5% CA damage the same as 5% bonus damage?

Thanks

Current CA bonus from pets is multicaptive, starting Mod 10 it'll be additive, hence it won't be as good to have multiple CA companions as it is now. Having one is still not bad though (like Blink Dog). CA bonus from companions is technically 15% more damage on a crit, as it multiplies 3x upon crits, so yes it's better than bonus damage, but not necessarily better than outgoing damage post-nerf, I'm going to have to check that later on when I have the time.
    goranpet said:

Hi Lia,

Thanks for great guide.
    Just one question, did you try to use Battle Awareness instead of Student of the sword because we already have more that 60% RI? As it gives you 25% more power when activating Slam (on entering fight, before staring our routine).

And I don't see you are mentioning of using Dancing Blade as a companion which also gives you 5% constant buff (crit sev), is there any reason for that?

Thank you for your answers.

Please watch 2 comments above you as to how Student of the Sword works, it's a debuff and counts as additional damage. Battle Awarness is not good at the moment, even with a build revolved around AP gain it's lackluster as the actual power you get is no more than 9k - 10k at BIS.
    As for Crit Sev, I'm way past the "diminishing return" cap, so the extra 5% will not benifit me. The cap is somewhere around 185% - 190% crit sev, so if you have less or way less, you'd benifit from the Dancing Blade a lot more than I will, it's a valid option.
  • Options
    Thanks for explanation. I have 183.5 crit sev, so I guess I'll stick with Dancing blade for now.
  • Options
    You guys and your silly combus or whatever its called, we don't have that :(
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

You guys and your silly combus or whatever its called, we don't have that :(

Combus? Is that like a left-handed smoke turner?
  • Options
    solsticexisolsticexi Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Hi Lia, i have seen your rotation video and was wondering how did you build up your determination so quickly? On the start of the rotation, Its looks like it only took wms, hidden daggers and a single sure strike spam to build it to full. I had to do several rotations of sure strike plus encounters to actually fill it up (on the dummy).
    Post edited by solsticexi on
  • Options

Hi Lia, i have seen your rotation video and was wondering how did you build up your determination so quickly? On the start of the rotation, Its looks like it only took wms, hidden daggers and a single sure strike spam to build it to full. I had to do several rotations of sure strike plus encounters to actually fill it up (on the dummy).

I do a lot of damage, that's why. The more damage you do, the quicker the bar fills, that's how the mechanic works.
  • Options
    solsticexisolsticexi Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    rinat114 said:

I do a lot of damage, that's why. The more damage you do, the quicker the bar fills, that's how the mechanic works.
    I see thank you, being a pretty new GWF i never knew about this mechanic. I was having quite the trouble following your rotation.

*edit*

btw, I'm on the PS4 and if loyal avenger gear isn't available for companions then what should i equip them with?
    Post edited by solsticexi on
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Lia, great thread, love the build....I didn't see if you mentioned what stones you out in your companion gear slots? Azures?
  • Options

Lia, great thread, love the build....I didn't see if you mentioned what stones you out in your companion gear slots? Azures?

2x azures on each, yes.
  • Options
    coconutz44#9427 coconutz44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    It appears that ioun stone are working with bonding runestones, if the stats gave by the companion + the bonding are stacking, is it not better than any other companion? (Black dragon ioun = 3 ring slots)
    Nashu - GWF
    Nash - DC

GM des ж Myth ж
  • Options
    edited July 2016

It appears that ioun stone are working with bonding runestones, if the stats gave by the companion + the bonding are stacking, is it not better than any other companion? (Black dragon ioun = 3 ring slots)

Bonding's proc on companion attack, and stones don't attack. So basically you just have 115% of legendary augument companion stats, not 285% of stats (3 x proc of R12 Bondings) + 15% constant legendary bonus that you got from attacking companion.
This discussion has been closed.