test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TshTChs.jpg

EXTREMELY HOT character! 9.5/10.

Old skin, those marks, the hairstyle, the eye shape and color, the hair color and the eyebrows.

would demolish

Heh thank you lol

One of the reasons I went human is for the looks. I can't stand any other race, dragonborn looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, orc does too, and everything else really. When I first created her like 6 months ago she was half-elf and looked like a horse. Fun times.
    i wonder if feythistle with drow destroyer will deal more damage , than the 5% of AOW . hmm

I have yet to post my changes, but I respeced to Fey Thistle for testing. It procs decently (my deflect isn't much, sadly), but I'll defenitely work on getting the destro profound. I have capped glory and nothing to do with it so it shouldn't take too long. I'll test it for you :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So hey guys! Thanks for the feedback. I have taken upon myself to improve and tweak my toon further since I first posted the build. Actual feats are pretty much the same (Have made a couple of changes over the past week, but haven't tested them further to post them, so the current ones will stay put.) The posted changes are the following -
    Artifacts

• Replaced Lantern Of Revelation for Heart of the Blue Dragon (Armpen for Reco)

Companions

• Replaced Dragonborn Brawler for an Blink Dog
    • Replaced Ioun Stone of Might for Ioun Stone of Radiance
    • Replaced Alchemist Experimenter for Repentant Dragon Cultist

Boons

• Replaced Sharandar's Redcap Brew for Fey Thistle (proc wonderfully. 3- 4% of total DPS.)
    • Replaced Dread Ring's Enraged Growth for Shadowtouched
    • Added a point to Tyranny of Dragon's Dragon Thirst (Seems like the second stack of Dragon's Fury is not yet sorted)

In the meantime I also leveled a DC sigil for an option to replace the GWF sigil in the future. Currently trying to keep the armpen slightly higher for PVP purposes. Overall though, DC sigil is a very good option!

That would be all for now! Thanks for reading :)
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    did they fix repentant?! cause i fail to make it work in my dummy tests...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »
    did they fix repentant?! cause i fail to make it work in my dummy tests...

Bleh. Tested it once it was blue and it seemed fine. Tested it again right now when it's epic and no significant change in DPS. like 1 - 2k for the better and those are probably just crits. Well that sucks. Hope they fix it soon. (heh who am I kidding though.)
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    RlP gwf, NWO never was a place for you, go back to DnD where you belong.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    vortix44 wrote: »
    RlP gwf, NWO never was a place for you, go back to DnD where you belong.

Well hold on, funeral will be held by me.

BTW anyone tested the Galeb Duhr? Since my **** cultist is apparently bugged >.>
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Well hold on, funeral will be held by me.

BTW anyone tested the Galeb Duhr? Since my **** cultist is apparently bugged >.>

think galeb does nothing as you are always full hp... imo is blade vs a Power companion you can check which is better with :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PS72tYTabmnbYC3VO7bxb79HvmugQOWfIETUZGtGBIY/edit?pli=1#gid=0

remember to copy it.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    vortix44 is a nub don't listen to him
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »
    think galeb does nothing as you are always full hp... imo is blade vs a Power companion you can check which is better with :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PS72tYTabmnbYC3VO7bxb79HvmugQOWfIETUZGtGBIY/edit?pli=1#gid=0

remember to copy it.

You sure the Galeb works on HP alone and not on the precentage of damage you've taken according to the tooltip? Think it'll be tricky to test. Anyways I put my Alchemist back instead of the cultist for now, so the dancing blade will replace only the power companion. I need another companion to replace the alchemist, so I'm checking options. I gather that the devourer is still bugged so that sucks :S
    vortix44 is a nub don't listen to him

lol it was amusing!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You sure the Galeb works on HP alone and not on the precentage of damage you've taken according to the tooltip? Think it'll be tricky to test. Anyways I put my Alchemist back instead of the cultist for now, so the dancing blade will replace only the power companion. I need another companion to replace the alchemist, so I'm checking options. I gather that the devourer is still bugged so that sucks :S

was a dev response regarding it saying that you;ll get the 10% bonus dmg only when you;re dead :P
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    so any news about the deflect from prpofound set + feythistle?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Got 3 profound pieces down, just need 1 more and I'll be able to test it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Finally got my last profound piece. Slightly less damage (more thistle procs though, obviously). I have charts somewhere in my logs, I'll try to find em and post the numbers. AOW is still superior due to the recovery bonus alone though. We're reduced to blue leveling gear in 2 weeks anyways, but I figured I still owe you an answer :)
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Finally got my last profound piece. Slightly less damage (more thistle procs though, obviously). I have charts somewhere in my logs, I'll try to find em and post the numbers. AOW is still superior due to the recovery bonus alone though. We're reduced to blue leveling gear in 2 weeks anyways, but I figured I still owe you an answer :)

well it isn't like it matter now... mod6 is in 10 days..
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    well it isn't like it matter now... mod6 is in 10 days..

True. Could be relevant to the new Elemental set though. If no better set than AOW (at least bonus wise) will be introduced, it might be a good alternative.
  • Options
    olafthegreatolafthegreat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    best regards lia.. do you have a build for this mod? all the new feats look tempting.. just hit 70 and i chose random things.. think i should respec :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Even though GWFs are probably the most DPS they ever were and the numbers I pull out are insane, this mod is a disaster. I am suffering and staying for my guild for now. But yeah I got bombarded with tells so I made a pic and sent everyone the build. It might change in the future, it's obviously not final but proving to be very well DPS wise, plus I can mostly tank for myself, just gotta sprint a lot.

qF3CNjQ.jpg

if non-humans need a version let me know. Routine stays the same, third encounter other than DS and IBS will be Hidden Daggers.
  • Options
    thenoeticsthenoetics Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Even though GWFs are probably the most DPS they ever were and the numbers I pull out are insane, this mod is a disaster. I am suffering and staying for my guild for now. But yeah I got bombarded with tells so I made a pic and sent everyone the build. It might change in the future, it's obviously not final but proving to be very well DPS wise, plus I can mostly tank for myself, just gotta sprint a lot.

qF3CNjQ.jpg

if non-humans need a version let me know. Routine stays the same, third encounter other than DS and IBS will be Hidden Daggers.

Thanks for the update :>

What would you drop for non human? I linked what I'm using ATM (on a dwarf GWF), but I'd like some extra input.

PWHH7Ix.png
  • Options
    noktoriahnoktoriah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi,

What gear would you suggest for new players? I wanted to start a GWF but i don't know what gear to use when I hit level 60, buying AoW set would seem a waste if I have to buy new set somewhere between 6x-70. I don't have much free time to farm dungeons for a non-buyable set so any advice/help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    thenoetics wrote: »
    Thanks for the update :>

What would you drop for non human? I linked what I'm using ATM (on a dwarf GWF), but I'd like some extra input.

PWHH7Ix.png

You're welcome :)

For non-human toons, I would use the following -

XKxqXfv.jpg

The DR feat is sort of bugged and wouldn't help you much, crit sev on the other hand is important. The missing 5% you can fix easily.
    noktoriah wrote: »
    Hi,

What gear would you suggest for new players? I wanted to start a GWF but i don't know what gear to use when I hit level 60, buying AoW set would seem a waste if I have to buy new set somewhere between 6x-70. I don't have much free time to farm dungeons for a non-buyable set so any advice/help would be appreciated.

Well since there are no set bonuses anymore, you can easily wear whatever. I'm currently wearing a full burning exec set, around 100k hp and dps stats. T2's are just plain horrible and everything will oneshot you regardless of what you wear (tanky set or dps set), so might as well wear something that'll give you both the much needed HP and dps stats, most importantly crit and armpen. Power is far from being important this mod, I wouldn't invest as I did last mod. So basically wear anything that'll give you HP, armpen and crit. Defense is also good, but the 1% dr from here to there won't do much difference. New mod yo, blues are acceptable! Wod 61 set isn't bad at all :)
  • Options
    noktoriahnoktoriah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you so much for informative response. I look forward to enjoy the time with GWF!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I did a semi update for Mod 6 in favor of those who asked for it. Update includes artifacts, companions, current feats and updated routine choices.

I will update the build fully as I gain gear (Greater artifacts/endgame T2 gear) and rework my enchantments. Will take a little bit of time. If anyone has any questions regarding the parts I have yet to update, please let me know.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    thank you!!!! thats a nice surprise to wake up to :)) I appreciate the response and the work!!
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi there Lia,

I follow this thread since you create it, even I don't use same build. Can say only Good job!
    I played several times with you at Tiamat and I beat you as score there :) <
    just a joke

I have some question for you, Did you noticed that Weapon master do NOT stack at lvl 4?
    Also what about Golden Belt of Puissance, same stats but 2/2 dex and str. As base dmg increased, I think It will be good enough.
    What do you think about resistance ignored, Is this work OK for you at M6? Did you noticed some caps, cuz I dont find big difference btw 30 and 50%.
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nice guide its good to see how the other half live (swordmasters) my build is similar but I did deviate from some of your feats and stuff

I went with vicious advantage over powerful challenge because extra crit% is hard to come by and the more the better for your dps the 5% extra damage doesnt hurt ether I think you may actually be nerfing yourself having to slot daring shout to keep your mark up instead of going with a damage attack but you have to calculate the extra 15% for the feat VS the amount of damage another dps attack would be worth

I run hidden daggers FLS and IBS switching out fls for resto strke for single target

I am not super geared yet but I do more damage in a group than I do alone by a fair bit because combat advantage damage is super sexy

ran a ToS today and dropped a 522k IBS on a drider and again for 541k.

apart from the DR being way to weak and getting wrecked by any loose adds I am really likeing GWF this mod we seem to be able to pump out the deeps
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I went for the battlescars feat myself, but I might test out the instigator T3 feat. Extra 5% crit chance and knock things on their rears if they dare try to follow someone else might be useful. Sadly it's about the only CC options for a GWF, well at least for multiple enemies, but slotting takedown or such is a huge waste anyway.

Does sound fun though, have a tank agro them then you get behind them and have fun while the tank doesn't even need to sweat.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    oh got your message ty ty :)))))
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    reddevilbs wrote: »
    Hi there Lia,

I follow this thread since you create it, even I don't use same build. Can say only Good job!
    I played several times with you at Tiamat and I beat you as score there :) <
    just a joke

I have some question for you, Did you noticed that Weapon master do NOT stack at lvl 4?
    Also what about Golden Belt of Puissance, same stats but 2/2 dex and str. As base dmg increased, I think It will be good enough.
    What do you think about resistance ignored, Is this work OK for you at M6? Did you noticed some caps, cuz I dont find big difference btw 30 and 50%.

Hi! thanks for the positive feedback (totes sure you beat me in Tia, I was first maybe like three times lol)

Yeah, Weapon Master rank 4 does not work for some GWF's. It didn't work for me, I had to retrain and they refunded my zen :( it's a bug, will be fixed this week I assume.
    As for the dex/str belt. Think of it that way - I lose 2% crit chance (which is supppppper crucial this mode, crit isn't easy to stack at all, every 1% counts), 2% AOE resist (god knows these mobs like to aoe my *** to death) and 1.5% deflection in favor of 2% bonus damage (with so many ampfires the average destroyer gets, you can live without it easily), DOT resist (no good for anything other than pvp, no mobs DOT you) and Stmaina regen. My personal math is simple, I would take the extra 2 DEX any day :]

As for RI, I currently roll with 53%. You can tell the difference immensly, my damage is INSANE. Reaching 80 - 90% cap is not something I aspire to do, pepole with plagues/terrors/other debuffs will complete the missing margin for you eventually, but the more you can get, the better, defenitely!
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    nice guide its good to see how the other half live (swordmasters) my build is similar but I did deviate from some of your feats and stuff

I went with vicious advantage over powerful challenge because extra crit% is hard to come by and the more the better for your dps the 5% extra damage doesnt hurt ether I think you may actually be nerfing yourself having to slot daring shout to keep your mark up instead of going with a damage attack but you have to calculate the extra 15% for the feat VS the amount of damage another dps attack would be worth

I run hidden daggers FLS and IBS switching out fls for resto strke for single target

I am not super geared yet but I do more damage in a group than I do alone by a fair bit because combat advantage damage is super sexy

ran a ToS today and dropped a 522k IBS on a drider and again for 541k.

apart from the DR being way to weak and getting wrecked by any loose adds I am really likeing GWF this mod we seem to be able to pump out the deeps

Hey! thanks for the repsonse!

Just hit 1.6m on one of CC's second boss encounter with IBS yesterday, 1 DC, 1 Renegade CW, no other external buffs and no exploits, I assure you. And yeah, thanks to the mark :)

I'll also explain why - Mark provides instant combat advantage regardless of your party's position, so if you happen to solo an elite mob (as you will do, often), you don't need to count on your party members to stand in a certain position and provide CA for you, you can do that on your own.

15% damage > 5% damage, and the crit doesn't really matter. I easily got back to my pre mod 6 crit chance, and it will get slightly higher eventually. I can spare the 5% chance (that won't happen as often if you won't use DS btw).
    I am by far top DPS in all dungeons easily (except for broken SW's, who'll keep QQing about their supposed nerf that never happened), and only 2 DPS encounters. DS provides so much awesomeness, it's not just the extra personal DPS you get, you provide all of the party instant CA, increasing their damage, increasing your DR, and reducing the mobs DR if they won't attack you.

Honestly, hard to pass on that in favor of the sad FLS damage or the now useless restoring. You'll get one shotted either way, best you can do with restoring now is restore stamina.

Recently specced PVP destro just for fun (SM sadly, too lazy to spec IV again), I roll with Battle Fury, IBS and takedown. The damage is sad without the mark, oh so very sad, and since the pvp scene is still sorta dead I'll just spec back today.

If you ever want to run and test damage, let me know :)
    oh got your message ty ty )))))

Sorry for the late answer, was at work and I rarely check my messages. Hope it helped!
  • Options
    thenoeticsthenoetics Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    negikodnegikod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can i ask for kinda selfish thing? :x i mean can you/someone post a nwcalc link with powers to lvl up? i mean i did read what powers are good but i to get next skills i need to firstly spend some points on others like "not so fast" etc and i dunno if i just spam whenever i feel like to spend those points or should i level specific skills even tho they are not so good

thanks in advance

PS sorryt for my RIP englishQ_Q

PS2 : and another thing cos i did read many threads about ability scores i mean ...what stats to add each 10 lvls? str and con? or dex? or what cos after reading all that + the mod 6 things i got little confusedQ_Q
This discussion has been closed.