test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR Change's 12/12/14

dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
Initial thoughts on the TR Changes

Stealth Changes

At first I thought it wasn't going to be an issue; however I did believe it needed to be brought back from a 2 second reveal to a 1 second reveal, but after playing with the new changes there are a lot of situations that need to be addressed.

First and for most, this change has a lot of clunky attributes the pretty much made any range style of TR impossible to play

Whisper Knife:

Disheartening Strike: If you use this at will, and range class now has the chance to counter attack you from any distance for 2 seconds, this is extremely unfair for this tree's capstone, and due to some classes having some undodgeable CC, will drastically shorten the lifespan of said TR - not to mention this TR also dosen't have ITC.

Master Infiltrator:

Gloaming Cut + sneaky stabber: So every time I gloaming cut I get stealth back right? Not like it matters, because If I gloaming cut someone they now see me..

TR in General

Cloud of steel is now useless, out of stealth it does an average of 500 per hit (with max gear on max gear targets) and in stealth you just reveal your location and drain whats left of your stealth bar while also opening yourself up to counter attack

with the 2 Second reveal (Which also has no cap on range), Doing damage from stealth, basically means the following situation has to happen

Hit, Dodge 2 times untill stealth reveal wheres off, and pray that your target dosent use Icy rays, any form of HR roots, sunburst, Dread theft..fill in the blank

Damage

Bloodbath has been adjusted pretty well, might need a further 10% nerf

SE Still needs to be dropped back a little, again probably 10%

Everything else I think falls together pretty nicely for damage, except for the fact that it means you'll probably die in a competitive premade, or you can run around in circles again with Bait & switch..

My personal suggestion is to rework the stealth reveal so that

A) dosent affect ranged abilities
B) has a range cap so that if the TR hits with a melee ability and walks out of a certain range he regains invisibility
C) Cut down time of reveal (Hr's have the ability to land 3 hits before the reveal leaves.. that basically removes your stealth bar)

or D), Remove this change completely, and nerf over all damage a bit more.

Talking in the spectrum of End Game PvP, this will most likely remove the TR's ability to live longer then a minute on the back cap, which will basically reduce the overall game time of a match.

if the game lasts under 20 minutes, its basically at the point where if you rotate once poorly, you lose. This doesn't foster intelligent team play and cooperation and removes a lot of appeal to PvP in general.

DERSIDIUS
ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Everyone already discussed this. Nobody agreed with you in PMvsPm.

1) You seem to only want the TR to be able to 1vX

2) Premades lasting 15 minutes now, so what? People have lives and they get bored. 1hour premades is a torture.

3) To add to #2, not everything stays the same in this game, things change.

4) It's cute that you post such polite words on the forums but your POV was much more aggressive ingame.

But yeah, we all know the song about you rofl.

I haven't yet entered preview but let me guess, you were there as usual, nobody noticed your presence, but you tried to pick fights with other people, resulting in them ignoring you further, I bet my right hand cut off that happened yet again.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ^^ yup what he said.

Essentially a double nerf because first our at wills drain stealth, and now you remove our stealth completely to who we are attacking. Consider reducing the stealth lose from at-wills if this is the direction you want to take.

it cannot be said enough what this change does to any TR that goes against range classes.

Not trying to be over negative. The TR changes in this mod make it more fun to play but you gotta realize that out of stealth we melt. Deflect would go a long way here
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dersidius wrote: »
    Initial thoughts on the TR Changes

Stealth Changes

At first I thought it wasn't going to be an issue; however I did believe it needed to be brought back from a 2 second reveal to a 1 second reveal, but after playing with the new changes there are a lot of situations that need to be addressed.

It can be a 1 second reveal if they remove 100% crit chance and (moderately) toned down the amount of piercing damage. (Honestly, the piercing damage may be fine with just the removal of 100% crit chance.)
    First and for most, this change has a lot of clunky attributes the pretty much made any range style of TR impossible to play

Whisper Knife:

Disheartening Strike: If you use this at will, and range class now has the chance to counter attack you from any distance for 2 seconds, this is extremely unfair for this tree's capstone, and due to some classes having some undodgeable CC, will drastically shorten the lifespan of said TR - not to mention this TR also dosen't have ITC.

First and foremost, Whisper Knife TR has dagger threat, meaning they deal more damage in close range. They should be close to begin with and start with Disheartening Strike to begin a combo. They should *NOT* be throwing a Critting Dot from ultra range and then running and hiding the entire time.
    Master Infiltrator:
    Gloaming Cut + sneaky stabber: So every time I gloaming cut I get stealth back right? Not like it matters, because If I gloaming cut someone they now see me..

You get 100% crit chance in stealth. People should be able to fight back, not have to run around looking for people that spend 99% of their combat time in stealth.
    TR in General

Cloud of steel is now useless, out of stealth it does an average of 500 per hit (with max gear on max gear targets) and in stealth you just reveal your location and drain whats left of your stealth bar while also opening yourself up to counter attack

with the 2 Second reveal (Which also has no cap on range), Doing damage from stealth, basically means the following situation has to happen

Hit, Dodge 2 times untill stealth reveal wheres off, and pray that your target dosent use Icy rays, any form of HR roots, sunburst, Dread theft..fill in the blank

I guess you fail to mention the extensive length of Dazing Strike now, that allows you to fully utilize Cloud of Steel or any other damage abilities. Still ignoring the fact that you have Vengeance's Pursuit (a teleport to target) or Impossible to Catch at your disposal.
    Damage

Bloodbath has been adjusted pretty well, might need a further 10% nerf

SE Still needs to be dropped back a little, again probably 10%

Everything else I think falls together pretty nicely for damage, except for the fact that it means you'll probably die in a competitive premade, or you can run around in circles again with Bait & switch..

I can agree with the damage on the dailies, especially with the amount of Free Action points being given with the Cloaks.

My personal suggestion is to rework the stealth reveal so that

A) dosent affect ranged abilities
    B) has a range cap so that if the TR hits with a melee ability and walks out of a certain range he regains invisibility
    C) Cut down time of reveal (Hr's have the ability to land 3 hits before the reveal leaves.. that basically removes your stealth bar)

or D), Remove this change completely, and nerf over all damage a bit more.

1) Disagree because then we will have the exact same problems with Whisper Knife just running around killing people with no counters with Disheartening strike. They would be able to literally apply the *critting* DoT and just run far away with no recourse.
    2)Also disagree, given the TR's ability for multiple rolls and innate speed boosters.
    3) Strongly disagree, given the speed at which I've seen Gloaming Cut-> Evasive Roll combos, if the reveal was any shorter, there'd be no option for a counterplay due to immunity frames on your Roll.

4) I'd agree with removing the change completely if they also removed the 100% critical strike chance and tone down the piercing damage as balance.
    Talking in the spectrum of End Game PvP, this will most likely remove the TR's ability to live longer then a minute on the back cap, which will basically reduce the overall game time of a match.

if the game lasts under 20 minutes, its basically at the point where if you rotate once poorly, you lose. This doesn't foster intelligent team play and cooperation and removes a lot of appeal to PvP in general.

First off, being able to handle 2 people solo on a backcap does not show a good deal of balance in general. If you're worried about survivability, use more defensive maneuvers and encounters (like Smoke Cloud) or switch to single target abilities only as you're not revealed to anybody else. Maybe even ask for help from your team.

If anything, this change fosters more cooperation in team play as this will force TR's to use abilities with much more finesse and intelligence than currently required. It may even involve sending them mid instead of backcap due to their inherent ability to burst down high priority targets which works well in cooperation with any CC from another class.
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First and foremost, Whisper Knife TR has dagger threat, meaning they deal more damage in close range. They should be close to begin with and start with Disheartening Strike to begin a combo. They should *NOT* be throwing a Critting Dot from ultra range and then running and hiding the entire time.

Whisper Knifes have no CC immunity, because of this their only defense is stealth. If they attack, you take away their only defense and open them up to a 1 rotation counter play - TR's lack the defensive stats to not get 1 rotationed by multiple classes, espically without ITC
    You get 100% crit chance in stealth. People should be able to fight back, not have to run around looking for people that spend 99% of their combat time in stealth.

The only people who had an issue finding a stealth TR are new players, or people who never practiced vs a TR; As for the 100% crit, that is indeed a lazy means of giving the class more damage and completely removed the point for using the crit stat in general. This should be removed and re-supplemented with different damage increases.
    I guess you fail to mention the extensive length of Dazing Strike now, that allows you to fully utilize Cloud of Steel or any other damage abilities. Still ignoring the fact that you have Vengeance's Pursuit (a teleport to target) or Impossible to Catch at your disposal.

Extensive length of DS? It's 1 Second, and other classes can still attack me before the reveal is gone even if I start with Dazing strike, because the reveal is 2 seconds from the last hit. Utilize Cloud of steel? it's useless now, it's better for getting yourself killed with a double whammy of show where your hiding, and drain your stealth. Yes, in a perfect world we always have our CC breaks up, just like my Artifact is always off cooldown and I always have a full HP bar..
    1) Disagree because then we will have the exact same problems with Whisper Knife just running around killing people with no counters with Disheartening strike. They would be able to literally apply the *critting* DoT and just run far away with no recourse.
    2)Also disagree, given the TR's ability for multiple rolls and innate speed boosters.
    3) Strongly disagree, given the speed at which I've seen Gloaming Cut-> Evasive Roll combos, if the reveal was any shorter, there'd be no option for a counterplay due to immunity frames on your Rol

1) Then Whisper Knife is even more useless

2) So every time we want to deal damage we're forced to have to dodge as well? So what happens when were stamina starved outside of stealth? Does it make sense that you can see a "stealthed" target 80 feet away?

3) The reveal honestly shouldnt allow more then 1 hit of counter play - right now it allows 3 - and anybody that knows how to use their class properly (with the exception of CW) now has a distinct advantage over TR
    First off, being able to handle 2 people solo on a backcap does not show a good deal of balance in general. If you're worried about survivability, use more defensive maneuvers and encounters (like Smoke Cloud) or switch to single target abilities only as you're not revealed to anybody else. Maybe even ask for help from your team.

If anything, this change fosters more cooperation in team play as this will force TR's to use abilities with much more finesse and intelligence than currently required. It may even involve sending them mid instead of backcap due to their inherent ability to burst down high priority targets which works well in cooperation with any CC from another class.

Correction, this dosent force TR's to use more skill, this forces the team to not even take TR into a match anymore....

And for god sakes yes, running around a node with a bait and switch dummy all day, that's exactly how I want to play again!

DERSIDIUS
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how does interact with shadow strike and one with the shadow?

at will are basically dead for me, back to full perma and wait for AP to refill
    edited December 2014

Whisper Knifes have no CC immunity, because of this their only defense is stealth. If they attack, you take away their only defense and open them up to a 1 rotation counter play - TR's lack the defensive stats to not get 1 rotationed by multiple classes, espically without ITC

It seems like the path of Whisper Knife is shifting towards a more offensive build in this case. A quick Dazing Strike followed by a Disheartening Strike and then either following through with a daily or kiting can be viable strategies that will take some skill to do with the visibility now. This is a bit of a hit and run, but it's wholly counterable. In any case, they have Vengeance's pursuit available which is a CC breaker along with Advantageous Position. People seem to entirely underestimate taking Defensive Class Features on Offensive Classes.
    The only people who had an issue finding a stealth TR are new players, or people who never practiced vs a TR; As for the 100% crit, that is indeed a lazy means of giving the class more damage and completely removed the point for using the crit stat in general. This should be removed and re-supplemented with different damage increases.

This is false, as experienced players are noticing too now that Trickster Rogues are very hard to find in stealth. How would you explain the remarkably high K/D ratios of Tricksters if that were not the case? As for the crit, yes they went overboard with that. I think piercing damage from stealth would have been a more acceptable compromise in the rework, but introducing that now would have implications for single target dps in PvE, so unless you have a good suggestion in that area, this might have to stay.
    Extensive length of DS? It's 1 Second, and other classes can still attack me before the reveal is gone even if I start with Dazing strike, because the reveal is 2 seconds from the last hit. Utilize Cloud of steel? it's useless now, it's better for getting yourself killed with a double whammy of show where your hiding, and drain your stealth. Yes, in a perfect world we always have our CC breaks up, just like my Artifact is always off cooldown and I always have a full HP bar.

Dazing Strike can still be quickly followed up by any encounter, which from stealth, can easily put your target on the defensive rather than the offensive, with the possibility of flat out executing them with a daily. They haven't increased the visibility on stealth when not attacking, so you can easily save all your rolls for exiting combat after doing the aforementioned combo. As for cloud of steel, you're only visible to your target, so choose your target carefully, like a healing DC. You will only be visible to whoever you attack.

For everything else in this section, the current leaderboard on rogues will show their status on how often their health bars hit 0 with no soulforge available.
    1) Then Whisper Knife is even more useless

2) So every time we want to deal damage we're forced to have to dodge as well? So what happens when were stamina starved outside of stealth? Does it make sense that you can see a "stealthed" target 80 feet away?

3) The reveal honestly shouldnt allow more then 1 hit of counter play - right now it allows 3 - and anybody that knows how to use their class properly (with the exception of CW) now has a distinct advantage over TR

1) In this very post I described methods that can be used with regards to these changes. These require a bit more technique to accomplish while being something that can actively be countered. The damage from at wills and encounters themselves are untouched so they are still very formidable and can easily kill people that do not have full CD's or at a health disadvantage.

2)Every other class in this game has to weave in dodges into attacks either for positioning or evasive maneuvers. TR should not be different. And what happens when you're out of stamina and stealth? Pretty much what happens to *every other class in this game with no CD's and no stamina*. You die. In any case, does it make sense that I can put a bleed on a TR and not be able to track his blood? I'm pretty sure if somebody threw a knife at me and I'm ready for a fight, I'd be able to determine from where the knife was thrown. Or, if I were stabbed in the back, I'm sure I'd know that the guy is right behind me.

3)Except that the TR can use Dazing Strike and follow up with considerable burst. The TR gets a first hit and continues to have 100% crit from stealth. To ignore the very impact of getting first hit (while doing huge amounts of damage) and then having tools such as Impossible to Catch is not the best plan of action.
    Correction, this dosent force TR's to use more skill, this forces the team to not even take TR into a match anymore....

I'm sure bursting down healing DC's and taking out targets with copious amounts of piercing damage will prevent that. Not to mention Scoundrel has near perma CC (that can be an aoe with smoke cloud) or Executioners being literal executioners in single target damage. It's just that they will now require some skill in adjusting for counterplay.
    And for god sakes yes, running around a node with a bait and switch dummy all day, that's exactly how I want to play again!

Oh yes, because they're reverting all the changes made in mod 5! Not really, no.
    edited December 2014
    2 seconds are enough for any mage to kill you just by using ray of frost... sick
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    2 seconds are enough for any mage to kill you just by using ray of frost... sick
    2secs? you can kill a mage in 2 secs. Anyway i am sure you know how to dodge attacks. Lets go to the test shard because i am not sure if you guys are underpowered, still overpowered, or balanced. It just seems that you don't want people to be able to fight back.
    edited December 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    2secs? you can kill a mage in 2 secs. Anyway i am sure you know how to dodge attacks. Lets go to the test shard because i am not sure if you guys are underpowered, still overpowered, or balanced. It just seems that you don't want people to be able to fight back.

Yeah i got your point but none of you got mine.
    this applies every time a land a knife!!
    they are not countering permastealth they are making stealth useless.
    and you ( as forumers ) can say all you want about our tankiness but i dare to say we are the most squishy out here after an archery HR.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Needed and foreseeable changes overall. They wanted to get rid of permastealth and failed in Mod 5, actually made it worse initially.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Needed and foreseeable changes overall. They wanted to get rid of permastealth and failed in Mod 5, actually made it worse initially.

They wanted to make perma stealth more difficult and reduce the reward from it. These changes are crude and lacking in finess
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Yeah i got your point but none of you got mine.
    this applies every time a land a knife!!
    they are not countering permastealth they are making stealth useless.
    and you ( as forumers ) can say all you want about our tankiness but i dare to say we are the most squishy out here after an archery HR.

75% deflect severity, deflect rate from 2 stats, 4 extremely long dodges, huge movement speed, ITC, dazes, stealth... yeah right. Squishy as a tank.

What, you can't kite for 2 seconds after hitting a target?? Hit with daze first then.
    edited December 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    75% deflect severity, deflect rate from 2 stats, 4 extremely long dodges, huge movement speed, ITC, dazes, stealth... yeah right. Squishy as a tank.

What, you can't kite for 2 seconds after hitting a target?? Hit with daze first then.

you will see.
    i m not going to give any feedback this time.
    i will just try to adapt and see what happens
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have to say, you should go back to the drawing board on this. Maybe come up with something like semi visible, that let's someone evade and run, but not yet fight back. Otherwise the only thing you accomplished is making sure no tr can ever use at wills from stealth - just monumentally poor thought in this.
    edited December 2014
    sabre10 wrote: »
    They wanted to make perma stealth more difficult and reduce the reward from it.

Well that's exactly what they are doing. You gotta see stealth more like a tool to regain control of a fight or do high burst damage, not a defensive ability like many TRs claim it to be. It's really just a change in playstyle, a major one admittedly.

What I really don't like is that the difference in skill cap between the classes this change brings.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    cjh1983 wrote: »
    I have to say, you should go back to the drawing board on this. Maybe come up with something like semi visible, that let's someone evade and run, but not yet fight back. Otherwise the only thing you accomplished is making sure no tr can ever use at wills from stealth - just monumentally poor thought in this.
    you might be right. Maybe being able to see the tr but not targeting him with skills that needs a target would have been better.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »
    Everyone already discussed this. Nobody agreed with you in PMvsPm.

1) You seem to only want the TR to be able to 1vX

2) Premades lasting 15 minutes now, so what? People have lives and they get bored. 1hour premades is a torture.

3) To add to #2, not everything stays the same in this game, things change.

4) It's cute that you post such polite words on the forums but your POV was much more aggressive ingame.

But yeah, we all know the song about you rofl.

I haven't yet entered preview but let me guess, you were there as usual, nobody noticed your presence, but you tried to pick fights with other people, resulting in them ignoring you further, I bet my right hand cut off that happened yet again.

You are obviously delusional. Lies like you believe no one agreed with him. You can't say for everyone because it is you who did not agree. For one simple reason. You are playing op hr and you are scared that TR will be still able to kill you.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Well that's exactly what they are doing.

Uh, that's the point I was making in response to another post. Anyway, whilst it would appear to target one aspect of perma stealth, it's an indescriminate approach that doesnt affect just Sabs but also the other two paths.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
    edited December 2014
    AFTER TESTING: 2 out of 3 trees are dead, saboteur is really downhill. Executioner is and always be a troll builds no it's not like it was that playable before so i will skip about it.

what is needed and or should be changed:

-at wills should not deplete stealth anymore, it was done to counter permastealth but now i m just VISIBLE so what's the point???? at least give me full use of stealth secondary bonuses (crit chance and combat advantage).

- receiving damage should not deplete stealth anymore hence REWORK TENACIOUS CONCILEMENT. Suggestion : DR or Deflect.

- No saboteurs are going to use at wills anymore hence piercing damage and feats around being in stealth are useless.
    Change it in something based around being stealth and able to regenerate HP.
    TR is the only class without self-sustain.
    As compensation: remove piercing.

- shadow strike should not be affected by visibility.

edited December 2014
    tsokushin wrote: »
    It seems like the path of Whisper Knife is shifting towards a more offensive build in this case. A quick Dazing Strike followed by a Disheartening Strike and then either following through with a daily or kiting can be viable strategies that will take some skill to do with the visibility now. This is a bit of a hit and run, but it's wholly counterable. In any case, they have Vengeance's pursuit available which is a CC breaker along with Advantageous Position. People seem to entirely underestimate taking Defensive Class Features on Offensive Classes.

The offensiveness Only comes from stealth, and all the encounters you mentioned break stealth and should only be used for safety, the mechanics you described are relevant to a pug match and only that. In a equal gear match, you do what you just mentioned, you get blown up.

This is false, as experienced players are noticing too now that Trickster Rogues are very hard to find in stealth. How would you explain the remarkably high K/D ratios of Tricksters if that were not the case? As for the crit, yes they went overboard with that. I think piercing damage from stealth would have been a more acceptable compromise in the rework, but introducing that now would have implications for single target dps in PvE, so unless you have a good suggestion in that area, this might have to stay.

False? Dude, you might not be experienced then, all the people I play with on the BIS level have little to no difficulty knowing where a rogue is in stealth. As for the K/D, thats a joke in itself, any and all tricksters that ACTUALLY play people their same gear level and not pugs barely average + k/d's in a match, so don't pull up the "I kill and hide to inflate my K/D" strategy like it means anything

Dazing Strike can still be quickly followed up by any encounter, which from stealth, can easily put your target on the defensive rather than the offensive, with the possibility of flat out executing them with a daily. They haven't increased the visibility on stealth when not attacking, so you can easily save all your rolls for exiting combat after doing the aforementioned combo. As for cloud of steel, you're only visible to your target, so choose your target carefully, like a healing DC. You will only be visible to whoever you attack.

Yes lets use less skill and never combo our abilities! while also being useless and never putting people on the defensive!

FYI Cloud of steel gets you BLOWN UP against a DPS dc, lol.
    For everything else in this section, the current leaderboard on rogues will show their status on how often their health bars hit 0 with no soulforge available.

Leaderboard is a joke, don't use it to state facts

1) In this very post I described methods that can be used with regards to these changes. These require a bit more technique to accomplish while being something that can actively be countered. The damage from at wills and encounters themselves are untouched so they are still very formidable and can easily kill people that do not have full CD's or at a health disadvantage.

2)Every other class in this game has to weave in dodges into attacks either for positioning or evasive maneuvers. TR should not be different. And what happens when you're out of stamina and stealth? Pretty much what happens to *every other class in this game with no CD's and no stamina*. You die. In any case, does it make sense that I can put a bleed on a TR and not be able to track his blood? I'm pretty sure if somebody threw a knife at me and I'm ready for a fight, I'd be able to determine from where the knife was thrown. Or, if I were stabbed in the back, I'm sure I'd know that the guy is right behind me.

3)Except that the TR can use Dazing Strike and follow up with considerable burst. The TR gets a first hit and continues to have 100% crit from stealth. To ignore the very impact of getting first hit (while doing huge amounts of damage) and then having tools such as Impossible to Catch is not the best plan of action.

1. You describe methods that are flawed and won't work, I'm not even certain you have a level 60 TR
    2. FYI, if you turn your graphics up, you can see a stealthed TR by a large amount of visiual tells already... like I said, EXPERIENCED players have no issues finding a rogue.
    3.God Forbid the Solo target DPS King has burst damage with a means to actually land it...

I'm sure bursting down healing DC's and taking out targets with copious amounts of piercing damage will prevent that. Not to mention Scoundrel has near perma CC (that can be an aoe with smoke cloud) or Executioners being literal executioners in single target damage. It's just that they will now require some skill in adjusting for counterplay.

Scoundrels damage is Laughable at best and it's CC provides on par help for a 2v2, Executioner is useless wherever theres a DC, GF, or or purple shield CW in any 2v2 or higher

Oh yes, because they're reverting all the changes made in mod 5! Not really, no.

Um yea... they kinda are, but this time we won't even have stealth when its over!

DERSIDIUS
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I personally like the changes. While I may not agree that a ranged TR needs to be countered easier due to lack of ITC, I think the change is good for giving people a better chance to fight back stealthed players in general. It forces one to use stealth more to set up attacks, but still allows players the option to be viable attacking from stealth to some degree some if they go with more utility based with scoundrel. As a TR I find the changes fair as implemented, and I think 2s is the right duration. These changes definitely help level the playing field a bit more overall. I feel the bloodpath change is good, but I do think SE needs scaled back a little bit more.
    edited December 2014

The offensiveness Only comes from stealth, and all the encounters you mentioned break stealth and should only be used for safety, the mechanics you described are relevant to a pug match and only that. In a equal gear match, you do what you just mentioned, you get blown up.

That's exactly why I said use Dazing Strike, to prevent the counter (which is now possible due to the reveal). In any case, TR's still have plenty of Deflect and Deflect Severity. Whisperknife won't have ITC, but that just means it follows a different tactic.
    False? Dude, you might not be experienced then, all the people I play with on the BIS level have little to no difficulty knowing where a rogue is in stealth. As for the K/D, thats a joke in itself, any and all tricksters that ACTUALLY play people their same gear level and not pugs barely average + k/d's in a match, so don't pull up the "I kill and hide to inflate my K/D" strategy like it means anything

Uh, EoA people have said that the stealth is BS. Exodus people have called the stealth BS. How is the K/D not indicative of the *overly extreme and uncounterable* capabilities of stealth on live server? Not even talking about place on leaderboard, just raw data upon all TR's amongst the Invincible Overlord Rank.

Let's talk about *your K/D ratio*. Apparently you're NOT doing the "hide to inflate your K/D" and yet your K/D is at a staggering 2287/43 from 171 total matches. You're from Absolute, so surely you fight pure premades all the time, and you're telling me that fighting the best of the best, a good 1 month into mod 5, you haven't even died 50 times. Then you have the nerve to say people can easily find you in stealth.
    Yes lets use less skill and never combo our abilities! while also being useless and never putting people on the defensive!

FYI Cloud of steel gets you BLOWN UP against a DPS dc, lol.

I've had numerous Dazing->Lashing, and the infamous Dazing->Daily. You have plenty of combos, it's just that now you have a counter.

Btw, a dps DC is not a healing DC. I guess you should pick targets more carefully or use a different tactic.
    Leaderboard is a joke, don't use it to state facts

It applies here, I mean you are in Absolute and fight mostly in premades, right? So then your k/d in those conditions should be reflective how how PvP is functioning among the best of the best, correct?
    1. You describe methods that are flawed and won't work, I'm not even certain you have a level 60 TR
    2. FYI, if you turn your graphics up, you can see a stealthed TR by a large amount of visiual tells already... like I said, EXPERIENCED players have no issues finding a rogue.
    3.God Forbid the Solo target DPS King has burst damage with a means to actually land it...

1. No they're not flawed, because I've taken them to the face and they're quite annoying. Maybe you should get some tips from Nocturnal?
    2. My graphics are on the highest they can be. And it doesn't even matter because the range at which they can be targeted is just a little less than the range at which they can attack. And if you haven't stuck them with an ability that would outline them in stealth, they simply just jump and roll around being completely untargetable, using ITC should they get sloppy. Btw, to reiterate again right here:Let's talk about *your K/D ratio*. Apparently you're NOT doing the "hide to inflate your K/D" and yet your K/D is at a staggering 2287/43 from 171 total matches. You're from Absolute, so surely you fight pure premades all the time, and you're telling me that fighting the best of the best, a good 1 month into mod 5, you haven't even died 50 times. Then you have the nerve to say people can easily find you in stealth.
    3. Ok so you say the Dazing->anything else combo is flawed in #1 of this very list. Now you're saying that you deserve to have it. Pick one and only one. And you're ignoring that you can still land it as you have the advantage of the first attack. You are stealthed to all targets until your first attack and only visible to your target after that attack. Stealth (100% crit) still applies to you.
    Scoundrels damage is Laughable at best and it's CC provides on par help for a 2v2, Executioner is useless wherever theres a DC, GF, or or purple shield CW in any 2v2 or higher

Scoundrel is more about lockdown, yet it still provides ample Damage against targets with inherently low defensive stats. Executioner has extreme piercing damage in the form of Shadow of Demise. I guarantee you that an Executioner + any class with a stun/CC will take out a healing DC.
    Um yea... they kinda are, but this time we won't even have stealth when its over!

Once again, you're stealthed prior to your first attack, giving you the advantage of making the first strike, and you're only visible for 2 seconds only to your target.
  • josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would've preferred (1) removing the 100% crit from stealth and (2) making SE respect DR/Defl/Tenacity/ArmorPen again. This change fundamentally changes the way TRs play. It doesn't make them <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they are still strong against most classes, but their role is changed unnecessarily. TRs should have the option to choose between single target spike damage and super-stealth defensive. I'm not sure the super-stealth defensive option exists. Or maybe it does, but it's no fun to play.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
    edited December 2014
    Permastealth and node contesting should be very much intact still, you simply can't attack. That's how it should be. It's either or, not both. And you can still SE at the end of every Stealth rotation and have a good change of killing someone. Not too shabby in my opinion, it just needs rethinking.

Scoundrel and Exe in my eyes are not affected by this whatsoever, they were using stealth to set up their one-shot/daze rotations anyway.
    edited December 2014
    As mentioned earlier, this change has so many ridiculous hidden implications that it seriously comprises the integrity of the mod 5 balance changes.

6 sec of stealth - and 2 sec visible, so what happens if I use a dot and go into stealth? Do i just become completely visible? Why do roguess have all these painfully slow activation times that we will now be exposed while using? Isn't the reason they are slow is because they cab be used while unseen? If you take that away, it seems like many of these reworks were just pointless.

Terrible knee-jerk change, find a better way.
    edited December 2014
    i will say it again, stealth depletion needs to go.

Shadowy opportunity is not proccing anymore on duelist flurry
    edited December 2014
    I'd also like to add how annoying it is to wait months for any kind of rework just to see it blown up 3 weeks later. It was terrible for over a year, but it can't be good for 3 weeks?

These changes seem to be driven completely off forum whining, wait on it for at least a few months, im sure people can figure out how to counter what you are meddling with, without tearing down what you've just done.

Stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with it.
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    You are obviously delusional. Lies like you believe no one agreed with him. You can't say for everyone because it is you who did not agree. For one simple reason. You are playing op hr and you are scared that TR will be still able to kill you.

Lmfao @ you. YOU are delusional.

If you were here in the channel yesterday (Doubt you even have it) you would know nobody agreed with him and were making fun of him for being on his high horse as usual.

HR > TR after this change, it's confirmed.

Are you irate?
    edited December 2014
    tsokushin wrote: »
    That's exactly why I said use Dazing Strike, to prevent the counter (which is now possible due to the reveal). In any case, TR's still have plenty of Deflect and Deflect Severity. Whisperknife won't have ITC, but that just means it follows a different tactic.

Uh, EoA people have said that the stealth is BS. Exodus people have called the stealth BS. How is the K/D not indicative of the *overly extreme and uncounterable* capabilities of stealth on live server? Not even talking about place on leaderboard, just raw data upon all TR's amongst the Invincible Overlord Rank.

Let's talk about *your K/D ratio*. Apparently you're NOT doing the "hide to inflate your K/D" and yet your K/D is at a staggering 2287/43 from 171 total matches. You're from Absolute, so surely you fight pure premades all the time, and you're telling me that fighting the best of the best, a good 1 month into mod 5, you haven't even died 50 times. Then you have the nerve to say people can easily find you in stealth.

I've had numerous Dazing->Lashing, and the infamous Dazing->Daily. You have plenty of combos, it's just that now you have a counter.

Btw, a dps DC is not a healing DC. I guess you should pick targets more carefully or use a different tactic.

It applies here, I mean you are in Absolute and fight mostly in premades, right? So then your k/d in those conditions should be reflective how how PvP is functioning among the best of the best, correct?

1. No they're not flawed, because I've taken them to the face and they're quite annoying. Maybe you should get some tips from Nocturnal?
    2. My graphics are on the highest they can be. And it doesn't even matter because the range at which they can be targeted is just a little less than the range at which they can attack. And if you haven't stuck them with an ability that would outline them in stealth, they simply just jump and roll around being completely untargetable, using ITC should they get sloppy. Btw, to reiterate again right here:Let's talk about *your K/D ratio*. Apparently you're NOT doing the "hide to inflate your K/D" and yet your K/D is at a staggering 2287/43 from 171 total matches. You're from Absolute, so surely you fight pure premades all the time, and you're telling me that fighting the best of the best, a good 1 month into mod 5, you haven't even died 50 times. Then you have the nerve to say people can easily find you in stealth.
    3. Ok so you say the Dazing->anything else combo is flawed in #1 of this very list. Now you're saying that you deserve to have it. Pick one and only one. And you're ignoring that you can still land it as you have the advantage of the first attack. You are stealthed to all targets until your first attack and only visible to your target after that attack. Stealth (100% crit) still applies to you.

Scoundrel is more about lockdown, yet it still provides ample Damage against targets with inherently low defensive stats. Executioner has extreme piercing damage in the form of Shadow of Demise. I guarantee you that an Executioner + any class with a stun/CC will take out a healing DC.

Once again, you're stealthed prior to your first attack, giving you the advantage of making the first strike, and you're only visible for 2 seconds only to your target.

First and foremost my K/D is an exception, and not based on premades either, my 43 deaths all come from real premades and 0 from pugs.

I honestly don't care what you think about stealth because not only do I know how much of a falsity stealth is, I have trained people to notice it as well, In fact the top two teams on the server constantly train 2 classes to deal with stealth with near effortless ease (with the exception of the daily damage trs used to have). Anyone who cannot mimic the results hasn't practiced enough, and if you think that you should win without practice, your a self entitled brat.

As it stands with the recent reveal changes,trs went from top 1v1 class to barely the middle man, that is a HUGE drastic change which is again based on taking more skill out of the game

Sometimes I wonder If everyone just wants to convert back to the click and cast of WoW

And the dazing combo that you mentioned is again, easily countered, And with the stealth changes,if they deflect any of the dazes your tr just got whacked because of something left up to chance and out of The trs control

Well, I guess it's time for HR to return to it's status of godmode class, our 3 weeks were fun while they lasted

DERSIDIUS
    edited December 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Attacking just makes you visible to the target you attacked. Stealth being whittled down is still necessary to make you visible to everyone else. Second, certain abilities work off of being in stealth, regardless of whether your target sees you, so wearing down stealth also restricts access to those.

And reworking Tenacious Concealment seems unnecessary, as it's still quite effective at helping you remain unseen against people other than the ones you attack.

You remain in stealth even though the target sees you. That means the feats that trigger off of stealth should still work, it's just that using all those abilities became less easy, which is entirely good. Just learn how to play it out before complaining about it.

That seems intentional, as the patch notes imply that: Shadowy Opportunity: This feat no longer improperly triggers multiple times on channeled powers such as Bloodbath. Duelist's Flurry probably falls in the same category.

so duelist flurry full depletes a stealth bar but it applies once shadowy opportunity......wai you say??
    so lets consider it just an at will strike
This discussion has been closed.