Install Arc
Options

Bound Refining Items

Comments

• Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chufta1 wrote: »
    Newcomer with guild will get full T2 in 10days,avrage.That would be 240K AD(might get avatar drop but it will happen so rarely its not relevant),its of course enough to "afford many things".
    Its only logical that newcomer instantly starts working on artifact weapon,becouse even blue artifact weapon is stronger then MC,VT weapon.
    Legendary gear is not needed only if you plan to play foundry and daily quests.If you play dungeons on the other hand its "needed".True you can finish many dungeons without Legendary gear,but that formulation was,is and will be seen in many MMOs.You dont "need" plane to cross Atlantic,you dont "need" road to travel,you dont "need" metro to get to work...
    Formulation seems logical but its not.If a player is skilled and he/she is playing hardest content in game,he/she deserves to have Bis gear.Not the person that have more money.
    There are alot of very skilled and capable players in Neverwinter atm that totaly deserve to have legendary gear and they are no where near spoon-fed.
    Bad/unapropriate design choice has nothing to do with boting.2 separate problem that need 2 separate solutions.We havent seen neither ...

full stop legendary isn't needed for dungeons. My 15k CW can out dps many "legendary" 18k cw's. What is making me so much better then them?

edit: my cw has only the blue aritfact weapon and before that not even an artifact weapon.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    chufta1 wrote: »
    Legendary gear is not needed only if you plan to play foundry and daily quests.If you play dungeons on the other hand its "needed".True you can finish many dungeons without Legendary gear,but that formulation was,is and will be seen in many MMOs.
    Strange, I've been able to do (and enjoy) every Delve in the game (except ToD and WoD) without legendary artifacts. The reason I haven't done ToD yet is because I don't like the time-gating on the HE Dragons, so I gave up on it. My main is only around 14k GS (or 15? I forget.. GS is so over-rated anyway) and has no issues with any content, despite his lack of "legendary" gear.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Strange, I've been able to do (and enjoy) every Delve in the game (except ToD and WoD) without legendary artifacts. The reason I haven't done ToD yet is because I don't like the time-gating on the HE Dragons, so I gave up on it. My main is only around 14k GS and has no issues with any content, despite his lack of "legendary" gear.

Everyone will be fine in game with any set of profound or a set of black ice for pve.
    However, in pvp there are people that have full sets of legendary.
    There is little chance to win against these players in a 1vs1 even in a 2(of you) vs 1(of them).

Legendary should be your goal asap if you want to enjoy all aspects of neverwinter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Everyone will be fine in game with any set of profound or a set of black ice for pve.
    However, in pvp there are people that have full sets of legendary.
    There is little chance to win against these players in a 1vs1 even in a 2(of you) vs 1(of them).

Legendary should be your goal asap if you want to enjoy all aspects of neverwinter.
    Meh, I couldn't care less about PvP. Never-the-less, I have often thought that PvP Currencies should be able to be converted and used as Refining Points for PvPers in some rewarding fashion.
  • Options
    chufta1chufta1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    QUOTE=blacksladdi;9492051]full stop legendary isn't needed for dungeons. My 15k CW can out dps many "legendary" 18k cw's. What is making me so much better then them?[/QUOTE]

Plz read what I wrote and respect the context of response,things should be clear then.If you measure who is "better" by paingiver number then I realy have nothing to comment.Make no mistake 18K CW with legendary weapon has higher DPS then you...

Strange, I've been able to do (and enjoy) every Delve in the game (except ToD and WoD) without legendary artifacts. The reason I haven't done ToD yet is because I don't like the time-gating on the HE Dragons, so I gave up on it. My main is only around 14k GS (or 15? I forget.. GS is so over-rated anyway) and has no issues with any content, despite his lack of "legendary" gear.

All the new players in my guild are doing T2 as soon as we get them to 8.3K.As soon as they open a new dungeon and achive GS min req we help them do these.1 or 2 highly geared toons always carry these new groups.So they have no problem doing delves.They also have fun.They dont have any weapon chants,low rank chants no stone.Fact is they have no problem runing delves,but fact is also that 1-3 highly geared toons pull all the waigth...
    GS is over-rated only if you spend stats in a wrong/less efficient way.If you stack defense to 10K you wasted more then 5K GS,but if you stack 10K power or 40k HP then GS is not over-rated.
    Again I see no conection between need and Bis gear.I belive in meritocratic system where your skill and abillity determine will you or will you not have Bis gear.Its human nature to achive and get best that he/she can.You dont need computer to play games,you dont need internet to play games...
    This contradicts with human nature if not we would still be in stone age:"you dont need fire to make a meal","you dont need metal to hunt"
    Again bad/ilogical design choice is exactly that bad and/or ilogical.No problem has ever been solved by ignoring it...
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014

15k GS with full Accursed Diabolist set, epic artifact weapon, and epic CW, HR, and lantern relics. I don't have a problem one with any dungeon I've run to date, and I don't PVP.

I'd have to agree with Zeb: Legendary quality weapons are best suited for either GS-obsessed players or hardcore PVP, otherwise, you can do most meaningful content without it (and no, I don't consider PVP "meaningful content") It's "best of the best" gear. It should take time to obtain, not be handed to you on day one.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I finally got all my gear and stepped in my favorite foundry to farm all my own gems and stones....And the drop rate is 1 every 3 to 4 mins? I run 12%.

I heard from guildies that it is 1 drop every 4 mins.
    It doesn't even seem worth it at this point.

I don't get the nerf, it wouldve taken me 2 weeks or more to farm the mats with the old drop rate. There are still enough people who have to have things upgraded NOW that wouldve spent money in the zen store...

And I don't know many people who can actually afford the amount of money it would take to upgrade an item thru the Zen store, let alone 3 items.

What did you expect legit players to do?
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the expectation is for you to not get legendary items at this point.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Making drops bound *and* nerfing the proc rates is just too much.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this after today's patch? I didn't notice the drop rate being much different after the tuesday patch.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »

Meanwhile everyone who exploited AD, has all legendary of all the new stuff.
    They make it so hard to be an end game player who doesn't exploit or buy from 3rd party sites.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »

I think it's more a matter of a major disparity between player and dev thinking about the time frame involved, without spending money that is.

Thankfully I don't care. I'm a pretty casual player, getting to legendary was never a realistic goal for me within the time frame that I intend to play Neverwinter. Even getting an artifact weapon to 35 was a struggle, I got to about 26 playing 'properly' before I caved and bought RP from the AH.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I know others who have said it but there is nothing endgame that requires legendary artifacts. I know many will disagree with that but I feel for something legendary I should have to actually work for it and it should be a grind to get there. I like actually working hard to get to a final end. I don't like them nerfing things so I would like clarification that the drop rate was truly nerfed and that it isn't just that the sample size is too small.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    I know others who have said it but there is nothing endgame that requires legendary artifacts. I know many will disagree with that but I feel for something legendary I should have to actually work for it and it should be a grind to get there. I like actually working hard to get to a final end.

Others have said that, and this is always the response: Its not about needing it, its about the path to getting it being fun. There is nothing hard about it other than avoiding carpal tunnel. So this "I like actually working hard" is complete BS. You arent "working hard" you are sitting and killing stuff over and over and over and over and over. I can't even FATHOM how long it woul take now to farm all your own stuff.

Stop acting like people that are upset over this stuff are wanting a funserver type environment with vendors of all items. Once you have beaten all the content in the game, there is nothing but gear progression. They decided to make that path fairly straight forward (item drops, then you level it up), but the act of getting there sooooo boring and physically stressful (drag 5, drop, refine, drag, drop, refine).

I understand the point - nothing requires legendary. But when you put a straight forward path in front of people to get somewhere rewarding, they are going to want to use it.
  • Options
    blackperry99blackperry99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So i recently noticed that it takes way much longer to get something from a dragon hoard enchantment or even fey blessing.
    I asked my guild about this, they confirmed that they where having the same, issues.

With the new change to RP being bound to Account, the prices have been skyrocketting so much, that most of the botters out there made a fortune, enough to perhaps buy Tensers Floating Disk 5 times :) yes that's how much they profited.

So i am here to ask all the developpers, community managers, everybody who's involved in the Neverwinter team, to undo this change and look for another way of getting rid of botters. You are only encouraging legit en honest players to start botting, because they have no AD to buy any of the RP on the market!!!!!!

People who are with me, and 90% of the rest of the community, make this post go round :). This is not a complain, it's a fact!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Gear progression is all that there is in this game, End Game. There are no interesting dungeons or stories. Just mindless dailies.

And if you play End Game PvP, you are expected to have all legendary, even new stuff that just came out.

I don't want things handed to me, that is not what I am asking for, even working for it, it will take me a very long time without this nerf, with this nerf, I don't think that it can be done because who in their right mind would stand in a dungeon for 1 drop every 3 to 4 mins? For 5 hours a night, instead of doing something fun? In comparison, I used to get 2-3 drops a minute.

People who just wear Hoard enchants while doing dailies might not notice as much, since the drop rate was always really bad for that.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Buying rp from Goldsellers isn't to be considered "legit gaming", at all. Play the game or find another game. Mmorpgs are about farming. People like you (who seem to be the majority of this community) make the real legit player SICK. I wish you'd all go away and play something else.

its either quit or buy from sellers, since not many ppl can afford to spend 40h+ /artifact to farm foundries, doing it just by farming real maps would take forever you would need 5111 drops(if they didnt change drop rate/quality) or some 43hours if you get a drop every 30 sec

that is for weapon/belt etc. dont have numbers for common artifacts
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    its either quit or buy from sellers, since not many ppl can afford to spend 40h+ /artifact to farm foundries, doing it just by farming real maps would take forever you would need 5111 drops(if they didnt change drop rate/quality) or some 43hours if you get a drop every 30 sec

that is for weapon/belt etc. dont have numbers for common artifacts

They nerfed the ICD, 30 sec is ancient history.

It's impossible to farm your way to a legendary, let alone seven. Barring another major exploit current players with maxed gear should consider them very fortunate, because this won't be the norm in the future.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Marketing meeting:
    "They're still not buying the blood rubies. Why won't they buy the blood rubies?"

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited November 2014
    In regards to the drop rate, I did some testing myself. Ten minutes of solid farming with 3x lesser dragon's hoard enchants.

3 peridot, one aquamarine. Over ten minutes. In the process of bending Akro's ear even now as I post this.

I'm sorry, but making the drops from enchants BoA AND noticeably nerfing the drop rate of said drops? And, on top of this, adding more artifact gear? This cannot sit well with the playerbase. It would take an insane amount of time to get artifact equipment upgraded to the level of a respectable upgrade compared to existing equipment, to say nothing of legendary tier.

One or the other would have sufficed. To have done both in tandem was completely unnecessary.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Others have said that, and this is always the response: Its not about needing it, its about the path to getting it being fun. There is nothing hard about it other than avoiding carpal tunnel. So this "I like actually working hard" is complete BS. You arent "working hard" you are sitting and killing stuff over and over and over and over and over. I can't even FATHOM how long it would take now to farm all your own stuff.

Yep.

Getting my gear to legendary will not keep me in the game when I eventually grow bored. It will not extend the time I spend in the game. Maybe it would extend my gametime if the task felt rewarding or not absurdly far away.

In some way, the legendaries will not be for skilled people, they will be for people who can stand doing the same repetitious farming over and over and over.

They could always make a difficult zone with tough mobs, you'd have to be in a party of 5 to not get killed by normal mobs and there would be more difficult HEs and instances. A zone which had a significantly better RP drop rate. If you had to be like 14-15k + 1 finished campaign boons to get in, then that would be something you could do when you had gotten your set of choice from T2 or wherever, which means something to look forward to and which might actually extend gametime for players. And being more easily able to get legendaries at that point makes sense.

And that way, you'd reward skilled players as they would be able to get RP faster than slightly less skilled people in that zone. Maybe you could even get free transmutes or skins for your mounts and companions.

I think I'm starting to ramble. Too tired X:
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In the process of bending Akro's ear even now as I post this.

Thank you.

I'd be fascinated to know what the developer expectations are in terms of the time frame to upgrade artifacts to legendary through normal play. I'd also like to know how long and how much they expect the average player to play Neverwinter for. I wonder if these time frames intersect.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    In regards to the drop rate, I did some testing myself. Ten minutes of solid farming with 3x lesser dragon's hoard enchants.

3 peridot, one aquamarine. Over ten minutes. In the process of bending Akro's ear even now as I post this.

I'm sorry, but making the drops from enchants BoA AND noticeably nerfing the drop rate of said drops? And, on top of this, adding more artifact gear? This cannot sit well with the playerbase. It would take an insane amount of time to get artifact equipment upgraded to the level of a respectable upgrade compared to existing equipment, to say nothing of legendary tier.

One or the other would have sufficed. To have done both in tandem was completely unnecessary.

I suspect that many people don't know about this yet, they are still trying to get the new stuff, or bought up some refinement mats when it was really cheap. I think in the coming week we will hear more.

Ty for ear bending:)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    For the record, just performed much the same test, this time in an open world setting (Well of Dragons) to account for the possibility of Cryptic nerfing drop rates only in foundries.

Same ten minutes, same 3x enchants--two peridots. *shakes head*

My issue isn't so much the timeframe involved to get to legendary status--I'm aware that those are the best of the best and rightly should take a while to get. My concern is the fact that this impacts the timeframe of upgrading artifact equipment in general (as relics can be upgraded with enchants and those drop a bit more frequently, whereas artifact equipment cannot)--as in a level above "little more than a sidegrade" for a player's existing equipment, let alone even sniffing at legendary tier.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Not having the resources available to make your weapons purple means that the tight supply of blue marks of power matters less... I guess. :p

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Exactly why I suggested Experience gains be used as a resource for Artifact Gear. Even without the change to the drop rate, it's just not a fun or rewarding thing to do. It's a grind, and that's not going to entice people to keep playing.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Despite hating binding, I do not mind having the drops bound, I think it is a step towards fighting some of the farmers. However, I also believe another step towards fighting these parties engaging in botting or real world transactions would be to significantly increase the drop rate from enchants such as these so that it is more feasible for players to earn it themselves, rather than feel the need to engage in unscrupulous activities or buy it from bots. At the rate we are seeing artifact equipment added into the game, it only seems natural to increase the rate of gaining RPs, unless the intention is to make content grindier still. However, based on community reactions, I would hope they see the response from players with regards to the refining system in general, and do not want to place more burden on players as the game progresses.
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Exactly why I suggested Experience gains be used as a resource for Artifact Gear. Even without the change to the drop rate, it's just not a fun or rewarding thing to do. It's a grind, and that's not going to entice people to keep playing.

Also, ideas like this are fantastic. It provides a much more level playing field for players to advance rather than simply giving advancement to the highest bidder.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Despite hating binding, I do not mind having the drops bound, I think it is a step towards fighting some of the farmers. However, I also believe another step towards fighting these parties engaging in botting or real world transactions would be to significantly increase the drop rate from enchants such as these so that it is more feasible for players to earn it themselves, rather than feel the need to engage in unscrupulous activities or buy it from bots. At the rate we are seeing artifact equipment added into the game, it only seems natural to increase the rate of gaining RPs, unless the intention is to make content grindier still. However, based on community reactions, I would hope they see the response from players with regards to the refining system in general, and do not want to place more burden on players as the game progresses.
    This is exactly what I've suggested. The drop rate of bound RP items from these enchants should have been increased with this change, not reduced. Just changing the bind part is like using a tranqulizer on botters. It'll slow them down but they'll find a market because demand is even higher now. Kill that demand by upping bound drop rates would be a much needed addition. Not only to fight botters, but to also make the game more fun and enjoyable for legitimate players. The other option would be to reduce the amount of RP these artifacts need to rank up.

A more radical feature would be this:
    [h=3]Suggestion for a new "experience" system for Artifacts and Equipment[/h]Which I totally wish we had.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can only hope that this is some sort of process and there still some changes to come on the RP front.

Meanwhile, I sold my Fey Blessings and Dragon Hoards for good AD. The market will crash sooner or later when people realize that they are essentially useless now. 2k RP in ten minutes. WOW.