test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bound Refining Items

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What are your thoughts about the potential binding of all refining items?

Remember, this means NO MORE ability to buy refining items on the AH - think about artifact equipment refinement . . .
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm good with anything that will cut down on botting and "gold" selling. That said, the overall system is in desperate need of an overhaul, and this by itself just isn't it.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have no problem if that means they'll lower the items needed to refine. But otherwise it's going to be crazy.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    that's about the only way it would be good, if they lower the amount of RP needed by a HUGE amount so that each character can get the gear they want setup the way they want by playing the game at a normal / casual rate, but right now the amount of RP to take an artifact or enchant to top level is just out of control IMHO and is a bit of a turn off about the game.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I voted for "I am not sure", since on one hand it's a good things, since it will reduce the income of AD sellers and will make legendary items a but more exclusive, which is how they should be imo. On the other hand it will make RP prices skyrocket since there will be almost no sources of unbound RP usable for artifact equipments, which in turn will force everyone to bot for themselves if they ever want to get an artifact to legendary w/o paying thousands of dollars, which is a very bad thing.

Overall, it's more of a negative than a positive. There were several other, much better solutions suggested for solving this issue.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you can still get peridots and stuff from profession nodes. Loaded poll refuse to vote on it.
  • Options
    grindtoofgrindtoof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bad, VERY BAD idea if a decrease in the amount of RP required is not dramatic.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    you can still get peridots and stuff from profession nodes. Loaded poll refuse to vote on it.

Couldn't think of every option in advance of making the poll. But, you are going to be doing an extreme amount of profession node running just to slowly rank-up any single artifact item . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i m fine with that, farming enchants is still more fun than doing dailies just saying
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    doing this and nothing else bad :)

Already had a post on this btw :D I don't mind more feedback. Hope the devs read.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Change was needed to fight bots. Next up is raise the drop rate of RPs in areas the bots can't touch. Then we're good.
  • Options
    grindtoofgrindtoof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Change was needed to fight bots. Next up is raise the drop rate of RPs in areas the bots can't touch. Then we're good.
    PVP?
    hmmm...um, yaahhhh.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It is a lazy idiot move unless they have something else in place to soften the blow to regular players , the entire artifact gear system is broken and that was plainly obvious when you get to a point where people are happy to acknowledge that they buy RP off bots from the AH to mitigate the idiotic amount of RP and time necessary to level up artifact gear , all this will do is push legit players to seek out botting programmes that they would otherwise never ever dream of using in order to be able to get the RP needed to level up artifact gear to legendary. I predict the number of players who go this route and suffer from compromised accounts over the next few weeks will skyrocket.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well I hope everyone bought up all the rp they need.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it's an awesome change since I should be able to make quite a bit. Tough I'm not sure how many to keep for myself.

Honestly though I voted for no. It wouldn't be too bad if there was something else to help us along the way, but the ability to buy rp was pretty much the only thing making it workable and the only way to get rid of your rp once you're maxed out.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

Remember, this means NO MORE ability to buy refining items on the AH - think about artifact equipment refinement . . .

"All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive."

So, just to clarify -- "this means NO MORE ability to buy refining items on the AH" is incorrect. It just means you can't sell the ones you farm using those enchantments. I don't see anywhere, anything that says ALL RP items will be bound. This means those will become significantly more expensive - yes - but it doesn't mean you can't farm them yourself still (*gasp*) and it doesn't mean they will be totally unavailable.
  • Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    "All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive."

So, just to clarify -- "this means NO MORE ability to buy refining items on the AH" is incorrect. It just means you can't sell the ones you farm using those enchantments. I don't see anywhere, anything that says ALL RP items will be bound. This means those will become significantly more expensive - yes - but it doesn't mean you can't farm them yourself still (*gasp*) and it doesn't mean they will be totally unavailable.
    If I understand this correctly - if you accidentally use 1 (one) bound R4 on your Radiant enchantment Rank 9 you immediately transform it into a bound item. You are aware of this mechanic?
    No more passing enchantments around just because you accidentally added one bound R4 ... I don't know, sounds very bat to me.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well they're bound to account, right? you can still pass between your own chars.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, that's true. Not unlike how if you use a bound to character item to transmute the visual on a bound to account item (like Xvim) - the account bound item becomes a character bound item.

That said....... artifacts are already character bound. So it won't matter much if you use bound RP to refine it. The use case you mentioned will put a major dent in the higher-level enchantment market as well though - you're quite right. Prices for all enchants above R4 (which drop naturally all over the place) will likely skyrocket - I suppose, though, that's sort of the point.... The prices have been supported by bots for nearly the entire time the game's existed, the more they do to curb bots, the more the prices will increase toward their natural levels based on the *real* scarcity of that resource, a scarcity made worse since the measure that removes bots from the picture also makes it impossible for legit players to also profit from it.

Players have only players to blame. The reason botters profit is because players violate the rules and buy from them. If players didn't do that, we'd have less of a problem. I've come across snippets of conversation here and there that indicate players might be involved in such dealings -- I report them with a smile on my face. People who do business with goldsellers deserve to be banned. It's their fault things like this are happening - Cryptic's response, however bad for the rest of us, isn't because they want to ruin the game. They have to do something and they're options are limited. This is one of those options they can exercise.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I don't know what to say.

I don't know what words I should use to express how uncomfortable I am right now.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I believe someone said you can use bound rp to refine enchants, not sure about for reagents. Test it to make sure though.
  • Options
    catisiouscatisious Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2014
    Horribly stupid decision. I hope the game i love doesnt die......but they keep adding knives to our backs.....

"sad emoji"

-Catisious of PvP or Nah
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Horrible horrible idea, but atleast i managed to buy 50*99 peridots and 30*99 flawless sapphires, so atleast i am gonna get rich of this stupid decision...
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

You MISUNDERSTAND things.

From the patch notes:
    All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

Read it again:
    All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

Since it must not be very clear, I'll simplify it for those of you living in terror: ONLY those items from Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing will be bound. No change on anything else.

You used the word "potential" - so I get it: you're fear-mongering.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The thing is that we can't refine artifact equipment with enchantments. Without the Dragon Hoard items we're pretty much limited to blue gear, which is impractical to get just to level your artifacts (you can't stack and they're pretty annoying to farm).

Not to mention that the price of RP even for normal artifacts is insanely high.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since it must not be very clear, I'll simplify it for those of you living in terror: ONLY those items from Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing will be bound. No change on anything else.

How many RP stones do you get from sources other then Dragon Hoard enchantments? How much time would it take you to build a 99 peridot stack looting nodes, leveling past 60, opening arcane coffers and coffers of wondrous augmentation?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    Yes, that's true. Not unlike how if you use a bound to character item to transmute the visual on a bound to account item (like Xvim) - the account bound item becomes a character bound item.

That said....... artifacts are already character bound. So it won't matter much if you use bound RP to refine it. The use case you mentioned will put a major dent in the higher-level enchantment market as well though - you're quite right. Prices for all enchants above R4 (which drop naturally all over the place) will likely skyrocket - I suppose, though, that's sort of the point.... The prices have been supported by bots for nearly the entire time the game's existed, the more they do to curb bots, the more the prices will increase toward their natural levels based on the *real* scarcity of that resource, a scarcity made worse since the measure that removes bots from the picture also makes it impossible for legit players to also profit from it.

Players have only players to blame. The reason botters profit is because players violate the rules and buy from them. If players didn't do that, we'd have less of a problem. I've come across snippets of conversation here and there that indicate players might be involved in such dealings -- I report them with a smile on my face. People who do business with goldsellers deserve to be banned. It's their fault things like this are happening - Cryptic's response, however bad for the rest of us, isn't because they want to ruin the game. They have to do something and they're options are limited. This is one of those options they can exercise.

Hey Sekhmet, like you, friends with you, etc...

But if something is the exact same thing but sold at 4% the cost, i would be foolish to spend 20-25 times more for the exact same value, wouldn't I be?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You MISUNDERSTAND things.

From the patch notes:

Read it again:

You used the word "potential" - so I get it: you're fear-mongering.

I used "potential" because I had no idea what would actually be implemented from the test server. It had nothing to do with fear-mongering - I hate fear-mongering stuff.

I am glad to see that the bound refining items were limited to those given by FB, DH, and TB enchantments! Based on other conversations and speculation, I had feared that more of them would be bound. :)

• Options
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i m fine with that, farming enchants is still more fun than doing dailies just saying

agreed. Especially the boring ones with no real rewards... ie everything past Dread ring.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    How many RP stones do you get from sources other then Dragon Hoard enchantments? How much time would it take you to build a 99 peridot stack looting nodes, leveling past 60, opening arcane coffers and coffers of wondrous augmentation?

stack of peridots, less then an hour + other stuff done in a farm based foundry.