Bound Refining Items

Comments

• Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You MISUNDERSTAND things.

From the patch notes:

Read it again:

Since it must not be very clear, I'll simplify it for those of you living in terror: ONLY those items from Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing will be bound. No change on anything else.

You used the word "potential" - so I get it: you're fear-mongering.

+1 reason i refuse to vote on the poll, its loaded.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stack of peridots, less then an hour + other stuff done in a farm based foundry.

Sure, however, that means each person in game will have to farm for how long to get 19 stacks of lesser reso stones?

Thats whats required to go from green to orange on a legendary item.

You cannot farm dungeons anymore and sell the loot and buy your refinement. Ect. its kinda bs
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This would only have been a good idea if they had a plan in place to make it a bit easier to refine already. To do this and keep refining as it is will be bad for all. I see a large population of players leaving if this continues.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sure, however, that means each person in game will have to farm for how long to get 19 stacks of lesser reso stones?

Thats whats required to go from green to orange on a legendary item.

You cannot farm dungeons anymore and sell the loot and buy your refinement. Ect. its kinda bs

and you are playing a mmo to have everything now why?
    I get it, you want to be an "elitist" or however its called, but would i suggest a different game? You can still buy refinement points, it just won't be dirt cheap as it is now - kinda like how it was before dragonhoard enchantments yeah?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kinda like how it was before dragonhoard enchantments yeah?

Sure if you ignore that artifact equipment require a lot more rp, there's now 4 of them, the demand will be higher, the fey blessing nerf will affect the ability to make higher ranked enchantments and level normal artifacts. There wasn't a time without dragon hoard enchants for artifact gear.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    It is easy to make shoddy updates and add new content to a game when one new item will require a months work to get to orange.

The ...players in this thread are a gold mine to the lazy developers that stretch new content by adding long grinds for one piece of equipment.
    "Sure we can spend 1000+ hours grinding RP on one guy to get all our gear to Orange, no problem." or "Don't even bother with real meaningful content, as long as you give me some month long grindy farming to stretch your content out I'm good."

Anyone who wants to spend that long grinding RP is a glutton for punishment. This measure does absolutely nothing to stop bots.

In fact this move just made every botter on this server hugely rich.
    By driving up demand for the botters wares AFTER giving advanced notice... "Hey guys you better get to farming these things soon on your armies of bots because we are going to make them cost about 10 times as much in a month."

Poorly implemented and poorly thought out from the very begginning.

To the "You don't need everything now." crowd. -No game can expect players to do something repetitive for hundreds of hours just to progress...bad game design is bad and will get rid of customers who leave to do something that is actual fun.

To the "Now you will have to buy RP from the company as it was intended."crowd. -At $20 for 3 blood rubies, you would only need $600+ for one orange artifact. That is pretty expensive for one item in one game on one character.

To the "They aren't binding all RP, just the ones from enchant drops."crowd. - Just stahp. It will take months to get one stack of peridots farming nodes.
  • Options
    vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You guys know that you can use Brilliant Diamond to upgrade artifact/equipment, AFAIK they are not bop.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you can get a stack of peridots in a hour, you will have to farm for 90h to get ONE legendary item. Thats BS plain and simple. It might work for ppl without RL and work, but I wont waste my time grinding 180h/ char for the new legendarys, excluding the time spent to unlock the items and the legendary equip allready availabe.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    and you are playing a mmo to have everything now why?
    I get it, you want to be an "elitist" or however its called, but would i suggest a different game? You can still buy refinement points, it just won't be dirt cheap as it is now - kinda like how it was before dragonhoard enchantments yeah?

Lmao.. I already have everything, i have enough RP to refine anything that comes out for the next several patches. I am in no danger. I however am not a new player, Ive been around for a long time. You, or anyone who has not, will never, EVER catch up to where I and others are gear wise with these changes. This is how games like this die.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Sure if you ignore that artifact equipment require a lot more rp, there's now 4 of them, the demand will be higher, the fey blessing nerf will affect the ability to make higher ranked enchantments and level normal artifacts. There wasn't a time without dragon hoard enchants for artifact gear.

so the enchantments never drop from nodes / monsters etc to make your higher ranked enchants? Just because they are boaing this means you still can't get them by other means - means that isn't even live yet?

you may support botting directly or indirectly, doesn't mean everyone has to as well. I remember seeing a stack of peridots for 66K, before they became 10K and thought what a deal. So they go back to that price, whoopie doo. Legendary artifacts isn't the end of the world, spending some time enjoying the game isn't the end of the world. Besides mod 6 will make all current one obsolete anyways.

its a game just play, have fun - enjoy your entertainment however you want to! Maybe i am wrong about there never being a dragonhoard enchantment without artifact gear, but i do remember that peridots still dropped without the enchantment and still got sold on the AH.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Lmao.. I already have everything, i have enough RP to refine anything that comes out for the next several patches. I am in no danger. I however am not a new player, Ive been around for a long time. You, or anyone who has not, will never, EVER catch up to where I and others are gear wise with these changes. This is how games like this die.

you made one fatal assumption - I do not plan to catch up to anyone. I am playing this for fun - not bragging rights on youtube or w/e gets your boat afloat.

As for new players they could not compete since mod 3 without paying a fair bit of RL money - not to mention community only wants people with +16k gs to run t2 content you guys have already seperated the new players from you oldies. Nothing crytic can do to fix really. Oh yes you can join the legit channel, join a guild, make friends but you can't use /lfg which is default to on when a new player enters proc enclave first time and sees this.

This change separates people further maybe, but the community already did that well before i was new.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I used "potential" because I had no idea what would actually be implemented from the test server. It had nothing to do with fear-mongering - I hate fear-mongering stuff.

I am glad to see that the bound refining items were limited to those given by FB, DH, and TB enchantments! Based on other conversations and speculation, I had feared that more of them would be bound. :)

"Fear-mongering" is not often an intentional thing. I was just putting a classification on the Poll. :)

For those bothered by this (for refining Artifacts and whatnot: I *do* get it and yes: this sucks. My previous comment is mostly directed at the poll itself mostly because of how it's worded (it appears to affect ALL refining methods being bound, which is not that case)) - and I wanted to clarify that no, it's not all refining, but only those from the stated sources.

@Myowmyow: I don't blame you at all and I apologize directly to you if you took "fear-mongering" to mean that I was accusing you of intentionally doing it. I was not and that wasm't my intent.

My comment above is not meant as a debunking to the OP or the poll specifically, but to hopefully prevent any confusion amongst other readers who aren't fully aware of just how this bound-to-account bizniz is supposed to work, and to clarify that it does NOT affect all refining materials in game. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Lets talk about assumptions, one you assume i youtube or stream. False. I play to win, sure.
    New players had issues competing since mod3, imagine now. Artifact items arent hard to get. they made that easy. they were average in difficulty for a new player to refine. Now they are insane.

you made one fatal assumption - I do not plan to catch up to anyone. I am playing this for fun - not bragging rights on youtube or w/e gets your boat afloat.

As for new players they could not compete since mod 3 without paying a fair bit of RL money - not to mention community only wants people with +16k gs to run t2 content you guys have already seperated the new players from you oldies. Nothing crytic can do to fix really. Oh yes you can join the legit channel, join a guild, make friends but you can't use /lfg which is default to on when a new player enters proc enclave first time and sees this.

This change separates people further maybe, but the community already did that well before i was new.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Lets talk about assumptions, one you assume i youtube or stream. False. I play to win, sure.
    New players had issues competing since mod3, imagine now. Artifact items arent hard to get. they made that easy. they were average in difficulty for a new player to refine. Now they are insane.

reread
    or w/e gets your boat afloat.
    you play to win. Same deal boat is afloat, ego is stroked.

You see my point that is good.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    If they make artifact equipment be able to receive enchantments as RP I'll consider this as something acceptable.

I'm really not feeling it to farm unstackable blues. I don't have enough AD to get 5 Greater Dragon Hoard Enchantments to make me unaffected by this change.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This Bound RP idea is not Anti Bot measure.
    Is Anti-Player measure.
    Only one that suffers is the player.

Bots could not care less.
    Bots will be bots , they can farm nonstop.
    Bounded RP ??big deal , Use the Bound RP to refine enchants, sell at OP price bcs rp so rare now.
    Re-sell stacks of Unbounded RP x10x20x1000000 higher price.
    You Actualy offer heaven to Bots. so kind of you.

Dear Crypt , this wont hurt bot's but they will make them more rich , unreal high prices ,gold sellers increase ,more bots. etc.
    This by far is the worste decision u made.

And we barely recover from the AD sink we had from rezonating exploit.

Save ur self and the players from this decision while you can.
    It will be the end of us.
    Things arent pretty as they are..dont add more pain to it.
  • Options
    petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As Per the norm this change will be nothing but a boon to the botters and hurt legit players. They have already seen very nice profits on the AH the moment this chance was announced and the prices jumped. I assume that prices of RP will go back up to the pre-hoard days of ~40-50K per stack with people needing ~92 stacks of peridot to get 1 item to orange expect to pay anywhere around 3.5-5million AD per item. My crystal ball is in the repair shop and fact that there was never this much demand for RP in the pre-hoard days(less Artifact gear) the price could soar even higher if the supply can not keep up with the demand. Again folks this is not fear monger, but basic economics that was proven last time when they choked out the supply on the coal wards and they went from 90k to 500k and up.

If meaningful changes are not made to the refining system or at the very least the amount of RP required reduced we are going to lose even more players. I have personally brought 4 new players to this game over the last months and every single one of them has hit level 60 and quit after seeing the endless void to level up their gear. I have been playing since the beta days and have multiple characters with 1600+ GS, but given the same amount of time that is impossible now for new players unless they spends 1000s of dollars or grind 8+ hour days endlessly.

TL;DR

New players: Most quit after hitting 60 because it is near impossible for them to gear up like older players did.

Old players: I got mine jack! Move along nothing to see here(unless you plan to start alts)

Botters: They will always find a new item to sell and annoy the community.

Devs: Please help us with changes that do not harm legit players MUCH more than they harm your intended target.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    reread you play to win. Same deal boat is afloat, ego is stroked.

You see my point that is good.

I think your boat is sinking fast. I don't see your point.
  • Options
    xanderleopard2#4636 xanderleopard2 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i guess we are just gonna play without artifact equipments
  • Options
    mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So, now the question is: how expensive do people think RP is going to get? Let's speculate!
  • Options
    allself44allself44 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    on July 25 a stack of peridots was 269,000 which is 5.43 AD per refinement point
    The upper limit would be 297,000 which is 6 AD per refinement point
    Shining on the stupidity of it all, in all its glory
    Was going with that for sig, but changed my mind. Or did I?
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i guess we are just gonna play without artifact equipments

What people ignore is that it takes "only" 571k RPs to get to epic -- which is 11 stacks of peridots, if you want a simple reference.

At epic, the artifact weapons are already better than older weapons.

Add in your account-bound drops from dragon hoard enchants and green and blue gear drops to what you are willing to buy off the AH, and it will be pretty easy and not too expensive to get to epic. I get about 30k refinement points an hour using rank 2 DH enchants, just running dailies.

It will be a longer, more expensive slog to Legendary, but I'm fine with that. You shouldn't be full orange on day 1.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What people ignore is that it takes "only" 571k RPs to get to epic -- which is 11 stacks of peridots, if you want a simple reference.

At epic, the artifact weapons are already better than older weapons.

Add in your account-bound drops from dragon hoard enchants and green and blue gear drops to what you are willing to buy off the AH, and it will be pretty easy and not too expensive to get to epic. I get about 30k refinement points an hour using rank 2 DH enchants, just running dailies.

It will be a longer, more expensive slog to Legendary, but I'm fine with that. You shouldn't be full orange on day 1.

People aren't complaining about the path to epic. That's 10% of the journey, the thing is that any form of progress past that is painful if you don't buy cheap stacks. It's a virtually non existent path that pretty much forces you to feel like money is the only option if you're a whale. If you're not, tough, the game isn't designed for your enjoyment to be considered.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I get that the long part of refinement is from epic to legendary, I'm just trying to point out that epic is still pretty darn good, and there's no reason not to go for artifact equipment with the thought of only getting to epic for at least the near future..

I know the PVP min-maxers have the mindset "Legendary or Useless", but this point of view is poisoning the new gear in the minds of PVE players who have rank 7 enchantments, etc.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess there will be a big difference to those that have stocked up on RP than those who haven't and is going to take at least 5 month's time of grinding to catch up.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't mind too much except they seem to have screwed up the implementation such that the old account bound peridots and the new ones don't stack, so I now need 3 inventory slots for peridots.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Reduce botting? ROFL!!! It will encourage botting rather. Nobody will come to an online game to just farm everything for himself/herself. What about the all the RP items, bots or not bots farmed already? Don't tell us they should remain tradeable or else you are contradicting yourself of fighting bots. It will only give those who have farmed a lot of them (bots included) more AD by selling the items they have already farmed but were never able to sell due to oversupply.

Not only will it kill all the real players, it encourages account selling too.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    Well. playing since open beta without buying refinement stuff and seeing that my eldest toons have at most 1 or 7 rank 7 and only green and blue artifacts I can't think this change will motivate anyone.
    The only consolation is, that you don't need all that stuff to succeed even in the hardest dungeons.

The main problem for me is that it'll require double the inventory space.

Not true apparently, all kinds of indications from players in the preview server suggested Mod 5 is much harder than what we have now and before and they were 22k+ gs teams.