Install Arc
Options

Bound Refining Items

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    healary wrote: »
    Not true apparently, all kinds of indications from players in the preview server suggested Mod 5 is much harder than what we have now and before and they were 22k+ gs teams.

Only thing that would help with the gear is the raid, personally I haven't tried it that many times, at first it seemed too easy, but not enough people so time and players was the big factor. Then they made it harder, we got the players and lag won so couldn't judge it properly.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Only thing that would help with the gear is the raid, personally I haven't tried it that many times, at first it seemed too easy, but not enough people so time and players was the big factor. Then they made it harder, we got the players and lag won so couldn't judge it properly.

Other than the Tiamat raid, what else can be done there? The daily quests for 3 fallen dragon bones are easy just as dailies in all other zones but there is no skirmish, no other dungeon, no black ice or other new items/material to get. I don't know what are so good (if they are) about the HEs. It seems like the drops are just greater potion slayer potions and such... and I hardly see anybody doing the them.
  • Options
    massiveblockermassiveblocker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My opinion on this: it´s the wrong method trying to stop the bots or whatever they have in mind.
    It may only have a large impact on those gamers patience which would like to gear up
    but now have the chance to either buy from AH at higher prices or farm the RP.

Either way is a loss i think, on one hand bot-farmers just switch to farming skillnodes and new methods and ultimately
    stay selling stuff like Peridot on AH more cheap than actual gamers.
    On the other hand, since bots this days are more often mentioned than ever
    a lot more people may tend to purchase a bot themselves for RP farming at this rate.
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    on the other hand, all I hear is people who are used to having it easy because of exploiters farming.
    how about you find all the players who have been buying form them and complain to them.
    you've had it easy and cheap because of the gold farmers.
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What makes matters worse for those of us who don't have time or x characters to generate A.D. in that we only make 24K A.D. per day (and due to time, etc. cannot make more unless we have time for a dungeon and get lucky on a roll for something that sells well) is PWE now removed all farms from foundry where if we didn't have anything better to do, we could spend 15 minutes here and there gathering up our own refinement stones. So those of us who have zero legendaries will and little in the forms of A.D. generation will take how long to get even one item up to legendary status?
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2014
    it wont reduce botting it will increase for personal use .... the devs need to figure something to bann those who use bots , something like a bot tracker and when attempt to log with a bot to ge banned for 2h 5h 1 day 7 days
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bad idea to make them completely bound.

So I wouldnt be at all surprised if the current BoA ones get locked to the initial character and the only BoA's are zen shop purchases.
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well i do angry about this too
    but i made up my mind
    just think this way
    legendary only for hardcore player
    and i was casual player i think epic is fine for me
    just like i don't bother to make rank 10 enchament
    just enjoy the game
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not a bad idea but only if they half RP need to upgrade and double % drop on all those enchants.
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    One i think they should change is give 2nd unlock slot at epic in neck and belt artifact so everthing is fine
  • Options
    miaskydustmiaskydust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Are any dev's reading these posts? LOOK at the the amount of players saying NO to BOP !! And as if that was not Enough, they also took away ALL the zombie and arena farms ! why would you do that if all drops are Bop ? Why?!?! Because fudge us that's why !
    Also new mod 5 is so bugged we need repellent :mad:
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No point raging about Foundry farming maps. They are down due to introduction of the new module and will be up asa their creators republish them :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    This doesn't affect me in the slightest. Well, the non-stacking of pre-BoA items is a dampener but that's a bug that will get worked out eventually. I really don't mind this change and if it helps combat exploiters, so be it. Besides, not all Refining Items are bound. This change only affects RP items from Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments. I've been getting plenty that aren't from skill nodes and such. I've even gotten some as mob drops in WoD.
    All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.
    Patch Notes Link
  • Options
    tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    This doesn't affect me in the slightest. Well, the non-stacking of pre-BoA items is a dampener but that's a bug that will get worked out eventually. I really don't mind this change and if it helps combat exploiters, so be it. Besides, not all Refining Items are bound. This change only affects RP items from Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments. I've been getting plenty that aren't from skill nodes and such. I've even gotten some as mob drops in WoD.

Patch Notes Link

These fixes do nothing but harm the casual player again and this is because the devs overlooked one very crucial flaw: Sharandar botters. With non-BoP RP only coming from nodes, those people that ran those are now raking in upwards of 5x the original profits.

In any case, I find it to be slightly selfish that you do not consider the plight of your fellow gamer. If enough of them leave, your game becomes empty. When the bots had hold of the RP market, you could reliably get a legendary weapon with 1000 zen ($100) by trading on the ZAX.

Now, put yourself in the shoes of a newcomer to this game. What would the actual appeal to this game be considering the exorbitant prices required? You can say all you want about the game being free to play, but then how does Cryptic make any money if this guy views the game as too expensive to take seriously (Yes, I'm all for Cryptic making revenue, but there's good and bad ways to go about it)? These new people simply stand no chance as they do not have the benefit of having acquired tons of RP before BoP changes were implemented.

I'm all for Cryptic making money, but I'm also about keeping the game fresh. What the marketing department doesn't seem to realize here is that digital stuff in the zen shop requires very little investment and they can simply make more money by lowering prices and moving more volume.
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you should get more rp's for the refining items that are bond that would be a good idea
    as to they are now, nope
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    tsokushin wrote: »
    These fixes do nothing but harm the casual player again and this is because the devs overlooked one very crucial flaw: Sharandar botters. With non-BoP RP only coming from nodes, those people that ran those are now raking in upwards of 5x the original profits.

In any case, I find it to be slightly selfish that you do not consider the plight of your fellow gamer. If enough of them leave, your game becomes empty. When the bots had hold of the RP market, you could reliably get a legendary weapon with 1000 zen ($100) by trading on the ZAX.

Now, put yourself in the shoes of a newcomer to this game. What would the actual appeal to this game be considering the exorbitant prices required? You can say all you want about the game being free to play, but then how does Cryptic make any money if this guy views the game as too expensive to take seriously (Yes, I'm all for Cryptic making revenue, but there's good and bad ways to go about it)? These new people simply stand no chance as they do not have the benefit of having acquired tons of RP before BoP changes were implemented.

I'm all for Cryptic making money, but I'm also about keeping the game fresh. What the marketing department doesn't seem to realize here is that digital stuff in the zen shop requires very little investment and they can simply make more money by lowering prices and moving more volume.
    They'll earn RP like everyone else now, by playing and not by being fed by exploiters. There's a plethora of ways to gain RP points other than these THREE enchantments. Most of which provide unbound versions.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    They'll earn RP like everyone else now, by playing and not by being fed by exploiters. There's a plethora of ways to gain RP points other than these THREE enchantments. Most of which provide unbound versions.

I'll have to bring to attention that a brand new player to this game starts at level 1 with 0 AD and Level 0 Professions. They still have to get to 60 and even then, they can only refine up to 24k AD. If they should learn the prices, they'll find that legendary gear is upwards of 30 million AD right now. There are few avenues of income due to the refining limit.

Unlike the rest of us, this new player does not have access to cheaper non-BoP RP, has not had about 2 years to grind boons, and does not have more than his first character.

I do not think this guy stands any real chance at acquiring legendary gear. There's only so many hours in the day.

Artifacts: 3.6 million. Rank 4 enchants give 270
    Artifact Equipment: 4.6 million. Highest gear gives is about 1300.

And I'll have to disagree with you. Farming RP with enchantments the only way to accomplish leveling artifact equipment in a reasonable amount of time.

But, again, I'm speaking from the point of view of a newcomer. This guy hasn't even started the Boon grind yet.
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "Now, put yourself in the shoes of a newcomer to this game. What would the actual appeal to this game be considering the exorbitant prices required? You can say all you want about the game being free to play, but then how does Cryptic make any money if this guy views the game as too expensive to take seriously (Yes, I'm all for Cryptic making revenue, but there's good and bad ways to go about it)? These new people simply stand no chance as they do not have the benefit of having acquired tons of RP before BoP changes were implemented."

Exactly!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tsokushin wrote: »
    I'll have to bring to attention that a brand new player to this game starts at level 1 with 0 AD and Level 0 Professions. They still have to get to 60 and even then, they can only refine up to 24k AD. If they should learn the prices, they'll find that legendary gear is upwards of 30 million AD right now. There are few avenues of income due to the refining limit.

Unlike the rest of us, this new player does not have access to cheaper non-BoP RP, has not had about 2 years to grind boons, and does not have more than his first character.

I do not think this guy stands any real chance at acquiring legendary gear. There's only so many hours in the day.

Artifacts: 3.6 million. Rank 4 enchants give 270
    Artifact Equipment: 4.6 million. Highest gear gives is about 1300.

And I'll have to disagree with you. Farming RP with enchantments the only way to accomplish leveling artifact equipment in a reasonable amount of time.

But, again, I'm speaking from the point of view of a newcomer. This guy hasn't even started the Boon grind yet.
    By the time that newcomer gets into full T2 gear and starts on IWD then into ToD, they should be well on their way to earning enough AD to afford many things. You're sounding like newcomers instantly need to start working towards legendary gear from the get-go. They don't. Besides, Legendary Gear is not needed. I do just fine without. Legendary Gear is, and should be just that, Legendary. Not something that is spoon-fed.
  • Options
    mlsymptommlsymptom Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Im new to the game and even though this is a good thought, I feel its a bad idea. Especially when it comes to resale.
  • Options
    phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I believe they should be bound to account, and the amount required to refine to epic should be reduced drastically. I hope this reduces botting.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Hi Zeb,

How? I personally, and the rest of the community I'm sure, would love an official guide to acquiring 4.6 million refining points per piece of artifact gear. Please share your insights.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    By the time that newcomer gets into full T2 gear and starts on IWD then into ToD, they should be well on their way to earning enough AD to afford many things. You're sounding like newcomers instantly need to start working towards legendary gear from the get-go. They don't. Besides, Legendary Gear is not needed. I do just fine without. Legendary Gear is, and should be just that, Legendary. Not something that is spoon-fed.

I'll have to point out that the price of T1 gear is now below salvage level due to WoD HE's rewarding them while T2 isn't that far behind. Outside of that, where else are they supposed to get a sizable AD income, keeping in mind that by this time, their 1 profession is about level 17?

Now, I'm not asking for free AD, rather that AD was worth more in relation to RP stones before they were made BoP. But, in any case, when looking at *PvP*, legendary gear does play a heavy role due to the power discrepancies. This cannot be disputed.

And this is not asking to be spoon-fed. This is about making legendary status obtainable:
    • before the end of a module (because we already know there's going to be more)
    • without the use of botters
    • not overly expensive
    • still produces revenue for Cryptic

The thing is, that even with botters around, (and no I do not condone them, I have reported Sharandar bots previously), Cryptic made money because people were willing to buy zen to trade on the ZAX and buy those stones.

However, with prices going up, people will be less willing to pay.

I'm trying to show you there's a balance between making money and making things good for the players, and it's critical to make things good for new players.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hi Zeb,

How? I personally, and the rest of the community I'm sure, would love an official guide to acquiring 4.6 million refining points per piece of artifact gear. Please share your insights.
    For me, I don't even try. I just feed them all my excess enchants, runes, shards and refining items. I gain them from playing as mob drops, chest loot, skill nodes, leadership and coffers of wondrous augmentation. As I said though, I don't have a legendary item yet as I am feeding three characters right now, which have some epics made that way, just from normal non-grinding and non-AH buying gameplay.

Still, Legendary items are not something that is needed to play any content in the game. If one thinks they are something you must have now to survive, then there is something wrong with that perception.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For me, I don't even try. I just feed them all my excess enchants, runes, shards and refining items. I gain them from playing as mob drops, chest loot, skill nodes, and coffers of wondrous augmentation. As I said though, I don't have a legendary item yet as I am feeding three characters right now. Still, Legendary items are not something that is needed to play any content in the game. If one thinks they are something you must have now to survive, then there is something wrong with that perception.

I see. When you said you knew a plethora of ways to acquire refining points I got my hopes up. I guess there are no ways of acquiring points I didn't already know about.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The one thing I do agree with most on is that the amount of refining points needed for Legendary is a bit excessive. That should, in my opinion, be reduced to account for a more lengthy time refining them now. Making RP items Bound from these three enchants was needed, no doubt about that to me. However, not reducing the amount of needed RP for artifacts was a mistake, also in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The one thing I do agree with most on is that the amount of refining points needed for Legendary is a bit excessive. That should, in my opinion, be reduced to account for a more lengthy time refining them now.

Either/and increase the amount of RPs existing artifact gear gives. 40% is silly.
  • Options
    chufta1chufta1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Newcomer with guild will get full T2 in 10days,avrage.That would be 240K AD(might get avatar drop but it will happen so rarely its not relevant),its of course enough to "afford many things".
    Its only logical that newcomer instantly starts working on artifact weapon,becouse even blue artifact weapon is stronger then MC,VT weapon.
    Legendary gear is not needed only if you plan to play foundry and daily quests.If you play dungeons on the other hand its "needed".True you can finish many dungeons without Legendary gear,but that formulation was,is and will be seen in many MMOs.You dont "need" plane to cross Atlantic,you dont "need" road to travel,you dont "need" metro to get to work...
    Formulation seems logical but its not.If a player is skilled and he/she is playing hardest content in game,he/she deserves to have Bis gear.Not the person that have more money.
    There are alot of very skilled and capable players in Neverwinter atm that totaly deserve to have legendary gear and they are no where near spoon-fed.
    Bad/unapropriate design choice has nothing to do with boting.2 separate problem that need 2 separate solutions.We havent seen neither ...