What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Feedback
    Instigator: Fleet Footed:
    Whenever you control a target you gain an additional 3/6/9/12/15% Run Speed for 3s

needs a rework cause GWFs have very poor control.
    could change something into a
    Whenever you crit a target you slow them for 3/6/9/12/15% Run Speed for 3s

Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).

The combat advantage to not so fast and mighty leap is obsolete, since combat advantage can be easily achieved with mark and other class mechanics.
    I suggest a different upgrade to those 2 encounters instead, add a daze to not so fast and mighty leap instead.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Feedback
    Instigator: Fleet Footed:
    Whenever you control a target you gain an additional 3/6/9/12/15% Run Speed for 3s

needs a rework cause GWFs have very poor control.
    could change something into a
    Whenever you crit a target you slow them for 3/6/9/12/15% Run Speed for 3s

Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).

The combat advantage to not so fast and mighty leap is obsolete, since combat advantage can be easily achieved with mark and other class mechanics.
    I suggest a different upgrade to those 2 encounters instead, add a daze to not so fast and mighty leap instead.

i disagree with fleet flooted, i think it's okai as it is.

and i agree with allied opportunity: either prone on mighty leap / and bigger slow on not so fast.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Never asked your opinion as I remember. So keep it to yourself. What I think is none of your personal business. Seems like you have problems reading in a first place.
    this is a public forum so i dont really give a . if u asked for it, you are just a little combat HR fanboy who sucks at his class, since you dont believe its OP as fk.

You are accually funny. So you agree that trapper and acher are broken in pvp. intimidation should be reworked. But all you what is to nerf combat HR. only one valueble HRs path left. So 3 out ot 3 pather should be nerfed to "pve dps tree' or "just fail and needs rework" since you have class issues with only one valueble HR path and you think that it should be nerfed? Lol) GWF balancing spirit.
    archer is a pve tree, and works fine at that
    i dont give a rats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about trapper, it will be changed at some point every class has a useless tree, instigator was useless since launch, oppressor for cw was useless for a long time etc. asking for 3 balanced paragons, that all work in both pve and pvp is just stupid and selfish

combat is OP. at least if you CAN play your class instead of being a little fanboy crying when u cant faceroll everybody anymore

intimidation is stupid fail design, gwf dev doesnt have a clue what to do with the class so he adds just some fkd up random buffs/nerfs

Endless consuption is a good nerf for all. Not just HR. If you disagree that in current state LS gives too much well and jsut call to nerf HR it does looks like you do have issues with HRs. While still what other classes to keep same. No good. What keeps SW from having exact same LS rating as HR without any feets applied. My SW has 22% LS flat just from gear.
    My combat HR has 18%-22% depending with all feats applied and 15% maxed on 3 run. I did the math earlier look at it. Both have Healing depression applied in pvp. No difference. I can heal my SW while in fight.

Alternative was writen earlier. Deflection Severity. Ability to use and benefit from freaking TAB and making Bow not just a thing on back of HRs. Reorganising feats so that trapper or archer could have some survivabilty or control for archer. Making freaking ecounter work after all the nerf. Making usable daily finally. Plenty of options really. Just start to bother reading first.

so instead of nerfing the OP life steal on HR you want to nerf all the classes, good thinking

what keeps other classes from getting 30% life steal ? ever heard of diminishing returns ? it takes over 3k to get to 15% and over 20k to get to 20%(from gear)
    Paladin Master Race
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, I read through the last few pages of this topic before I got bored of people arguing with extremely incorrect information.

First off: effectenstein, why are you posting about fighting a fully potted HR when you're not potted yourself? While the vid does show the intended things i.e. hr self-healing, it's inaccurate because you're not fighting on equal grounds. Also while this isn't entirely relevant, you're definitely at a disadvantage there because HR will destroy any melee class except TR if they're using Slasher's Mark, because of the infinite dodge. And... HRs should be banned from using red glyphs.

Secondly, to the people saying Wild's Medicine should be reverted to its state on live, I'd like to say NO. I'll post logs when I can be bothered to, but WM is approximately 50-60% of a HR's healing on live, with Life Steal being second at around 30%. These numbers will vary slightly depending on the class you're fighting i.e. on preview, Life Steal will be about 50% vs 25/25% regen/WM when fighting a burst one-rotation GF. As it stands, WM is extremely effective as a HOT while HR Life Steal is effective as burst healing, and both of them make for a rather unbalanced healing combination on live. The nerf to WM brings the feat more in line. Life Steal I think is mostly fine, but if anything, the main problem with life steal is not the life steal % itself but the Dread Ring boon Endless Consumption. Take away that and HR life steal isn't as effective as it seems to be.

Also k9madrush - "nerf every class and buff mine" isn't very good feedback imo. TRs are already getting a buff that will make them the top of the pvp food chain so I don't know why you're complaining.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    HR: Skill inconsistency

Hindering shot
    Binding arrow
    Constricting arrow

are now THE SAME THING. The only difference is that hindering has 3 seconds cooldown the other 15.
    And this is like this since the start of module 4.

• deepflight007deepflight007 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm also lost with all the side discussion here (even if very valuable) but not directly linked to this initial Thread purpose.
    Feedback
    We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can tweak the feel and effects of the changes in PVE and performance in PVP. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
    Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
    (Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
    Bug: Destroyer
    Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damge.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.

Please try to play for a few hours to get used to the changes. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!

Chris “Gentleman_Crush” Meyer

Can we go back to providing our feedbacks on the proposed Mod5 changes using the mechanics as proposed above by Chris to help the Devs ?

As example, my 2 cents posted below yesterday, on CW's Mod5 feedbacks, but I'm afraid already lost on all the discussion:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?773431-Official-Feedback-Thread-Other-Balance-Changes&p=9327641#post9327641

Thanks to all.
    edited October 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Well, I read through the last few pages of this topic before I got bored of people arguing with extremely incorrect information.

First off: effectenstein, why are you posting about fighting a fully potted HR when you're not potted yourself? While the vid does show the intended things i.e. hr self-healing, it's inaccurate because you're not fighting on equal grounds. Also while this isn't entirely relevant, you're definitely at a disadvantage there because HR will destroy any melee class except TR if they're using Slasher's Mark, because of the infinite dodge. And... HRs should be banned from using red glyphs.

Secondly, to the people saying Wild's Medicine should be reverted to its state on live, I'd like to say NO. I'll post logs when I can be bothered to, but WM is approximately 50-60% of a HR's healing on live, with Life Steal being second at around 30%. These numbers will vary slightly depending on the class you're fighting i.e. on preview, Life Steal will be about 50% vs 25/25% regen/WM when fighting a burst one-rotation GF. As it stands, WM is extremely effective as a HOT while HR Life Steal is effective as burst healing, and both of them make for a rather unbalanced healing combination on live. The nerf to WM brings the feat more in line. Life Steal I think is mostly fine, but if anything, the main problem with life steal is not the life steal % itself but the Dread Ring boon Endless Consumption. Take away that and HR life steal isn't as effective as it seems to be.

Also k9madrush - "nerf every class and buff mine" isn't very good feedback imo. TRs are already getting a buff that will make them the top of the pvp food chain so I don't know why you're complaining.

well i wasn't doing 1vs1 for the purpose who is greater, i was just demonstrating more things in that video
    1. the offhand being broken for gwf
    2. the procc of ferocious heals , that procc 2 times, instead of 1 time.

and HR in my opinion is heckin up the PVP so much, thats why it happened before things like
    CW : with assailnt
    GWF : with intimidation
    and we will have tricksters that will one shot, for this special reason, people bringing up feedback mostly to beat up Hrs.

cause the way i am seeing up HRs is like they are out of pvp:
    they shot, they pass, they are goalkeepers , they are doing everything to sum it up, thats too much on a single class, and people are callin up for DAMAGE BOOST for their own classes especially for this reason, bringin up fights that if you hit first , you win, that's not cool.
    54% deflection chance.

what happened with GF and GWF those should have the best defense in-game.

and i am not in favor boost my class damage , cause i belive there is enough DPS in-game , only small tweaks on each class would solve that, but people like thedemien thinks that playin an OP class he has "skills".

@deepfight007, the posts are being read, as you can see if you read until this page, Gentlemancrush sniped out my combat Log , so yeah, they are pretty much being read, and probably someone is takin all the feedback
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    double post. pls delete
    edited October 2014
    my butt hurts!
    edited October 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Everyone has issues with HRs since they are broken overpowered in PVP. The question is just how much HRs should be nerfed to bring them down to the level of other classes. The Wilds Medicine nerf and the Piercing Blade fix are good starts. It may be that it's better to boost some other classes that are currently a bit on the weak side rather than nerf HRs further than that, though. TRs and DCs are getting a bit of love now, so that leaves boosts for SWs and CWs.

I agree on this. There is a fix for Piercing. So less damage. And actually way less damage to DR heavy classes as GWF and GF since piercing now is calculated on real damage done after .Eg 40% more damage from real damage after DR calcs. Not 40% of orginal power damage. So HR will be getting less damage from LS since we now do less damage inm first place.

WM is half now and as ralexinor state will be around 25%. So less HoT for all HRs.
    This depend of how HR is set up cause mine have most of incoming healing from Regen ~ 60% while LS and WM shared 40% top on live.

What keeps SWs from that is that they don't get the same paragon feats as combat HRs, and their damage output is lower because they lack Piercing Blade. SWs also lack the other defensive features that HRs get -- disrupts, lots of dodges, Wilds Medicine, stealth. The only defensive feature SWs get is sprinting and doing damage to kill faster or heal with life steal. So even just comparing life steal between HRs and SWs is extremely myopic.

As SW i can say that they have nice dot too. Hellish Rebuke is pretty good. And is very close by mechanic to Careful attack.
    Im only comparing those two cause they both have high LS. And on my SW with proper positioning I can help my char from 10 to 100% in one rotation of encounter in pvp. Even without Endless.
    I have no meaning to compare melee class defenses to Range class defenses. And combat HR is now 95% melee class. This lead to one more thing.
    Base melee damage for HR comes from offhand. Main hand is not applied in calcs at all except from stats boost. Top offhand has ~ 500 base.
    Base damage for SW is main hand ~ 900 base. You can compare to any other class you what. Only HRs have offhand as main for combat.
    Now 500 + 0.4 *500 = 700.
    So look at Piercing as not a feet that does something overpowered. Look at it as how devs try to fix combat HRs base damage. Since unfortunately offhand is forced to be our main weapon.
    No, the question is what you would nerf about HRs instead of Wilds Medicine, not what you would fix or boost. The former is needed, the latter is probably nice, but unnecessary -- and may require additional nerfs.

I d really prefer to comeback to some mod 3 HR. Where Skill were consistent .We did not have 3 same skills that are only usable in trapper path and do same stuff. Where tab did really matter for combat and for archer. And was not just quick switch for buff.
    In mod 3 HR had 2 possible way to have pvp - both valuable enough. Now only combat.
    Also we lost all buffer path. Not valuable for pvp but handy in pve.
    Best way to go now is to comeback to mod 3 and fix its problems rather then this broken mod 4 HRs. Or buff other classes. You btw had really good suggestion for CW dodges somewhere.

Second and probably hard but required fix - nerf Endless consumption. Devs stated they will rework LS. So i do expect it do less healing now. But this will affect all classes not just HR and is way better if you look at it from point of DC.
    edited October 2014
    well just stop talking then. easy is not?
    so devs no nothing. they forgot to ask your opinion. Cool story bro. No faceroll in other direction please and stop cry like a baby about it. Right now HR have 1 valueble path for pvp. You are crying to make it 0. That is all.

WM is half now on preview for PVP. Piercing is fixed. So less hot heal and less burst damage -> less LS heal. Make a descent test first. There is no need right now for more nerf cause some crybaby tries to make 0 valuable HRs in pvp since his butt hurts too much.

the only crybaby here is u, crying about how he needs his class to be OP to play, and HR is still the strongest class or close enough

i want 7 viable classes for PvP and PvE
    Paladin Master Race
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I d really prefer to comeback to some mod 3 HR.
    As much as I miss dropping TW on a node and faceplanting myself in a Meditation to recover 60% of my HP while the enemies jump around me frustrated that they cannot hit, I'd rather not.

Mod 3 HR was arguably even more broken than it is now at BiS gear levels. I was able to kill pretty much every class at the end of the module, my only (slight) issues were:

- good GWF with Kessels
    - great perma TRs, once it took me exactly and hour to kill one
    - 1vs2 situations where some CW decided to icy rays me for his teammate

CWs were pushovers, GFs were unable to dent me, DC took a bit to kill but in the end it still happened. The class was godmode.
    edited October 2014
    HR has only 1 viable paragon for pvp like GWF with sentinel paragon, difference between me and you thedemien is that i want to have all 3 paragons balanced between them, and not havin all paragons to one hit the same as sentinel does.
    you or clinging to combat paragon too much instead of wanting to have the otehr 2 viable for pvp, for that you may bring suggestion, but nerfs as well, as i can see it, you either debating

they need to nerf boons
    or either bring the old hr from mod3

but you dont want that for combat and selfhealing to be tonned down as first thing. to get it up in line with the other classes.
    edited October 2014
    As much as I miss dropping TW on a node and faceplanting myself in a Meditation to recover 60% of my HP while the enemies jump around me frustrated that they cannot hit, I'd rather not.

Mod 3 HR was arguably even more broken than it is now at BiS gear levels. I was able to kill pretty much every class at the end of the module, my only (slight) issues were:

- good GWF with Kessels
    - great perma TRs, once it took me exactly and hour to kill one
    - 1vs2 situations where some CW decided to icy rays me for his teammate

CWs were pushovers, GFs were unable to dent me, DC took a bit to kill but in the end it still happened. The class was godmode.

Well this is what i mean by fixing mod 3 spikes. I like the play style in mod 2/3. And nod holder HR is no anyway right way to be. What i mean is that I liked synergy between bow and melee to to damage and usage of all encounter rather then having 1 rotation for all cases. Plus CWs GF DCs are now changed too. so picture is different now I hope.
    edited October 2014
    Well this is what i mean by fixing mod 3 spikes. I like the play style in mod 2/3. And nod holder HR is no anyway right way to be. What i mean is that I liked synergy between bow and melee to to damage and usage of all encounter rather then having 1 rotation for all cases. Plus CWs GF DCs are now changed too. so picture is different now I hope.

yeah like thorn ward + mediation , that wasn't a rotation ? ;-s

who are you ingame?
    edited October 2014
    HR has only 1 viable paragon for pvp like GWF with sentinel paragon, difference between me and you thedemien is that i want to have all 3 paragons balanced between them, and not havin all paragons to one hit the same as sentinel does.
    you or clinging to combat paragon too much instead of wanting to have the otehr 2 viable for pvp, for that you may bring suggestion, but nerfs as well, as i can see it, you either debating

they need to nerf boons
    or either bring the old hr from mod3

but you dont want that for combat and selfhealing to be tonned down as first thing. to get it up in line with the other classes.

Well ill advice you to read my posts. I tend to personally like combat - true. But I what it be mod 2/3 game style where bow was valuable. Same as were archers.
    About self healing I mostly worried is that having it nerfed as WM is will make 0 valuable paths for HR.
    I do suggest now and suggested bunch of times earlier how to increase survival skill on trapper. I suggested to remove WM completely - even before last 1/2 nerf for pvp and make it 10-15% deflection severity as t2. This would give trapper way to sacrifice some of his damage or control for survival skills. And the same time will remove self healing you are so worried about and make gameplay more skillful and predictable.

Archer on other hand do need some control. So my original suggestion was to make construction work as it was before but with some nerfs rather then what we have now - hindering, constrictive, binding kinda work only for trapper and still do exact same thing. This makes archers perfect target for GWF with immunity sprint and one rotation kill. Since you actually can not root them in spring - only deal half of damage from power in case of trapper not even archer.
    There were plenty of good suggestions for to change HRs picture. not that they are considered by devs. On other side devs tend to have HR as self healing machines to compensate that we lost all CC except boars, nerf to disruptive, have small area dodges (mostly effects pve), lost tab as mechanism, and have no CC brakers that other classes do have.
    Do i like it - no. Do I what to change it -yes. Will nerf of LS for combat help to fix root problems - no. I belive it will just make combat useless in both pvp and pve.

Will nerf of Endless and general LS changes help - yes.
    edited October 2014
    yeah like thorn ward + mediation , that wasn't a rotation ? ;-s

who are you ingame?

no no no. this is wrong way of balancing and not the way it should be )
    . There should not be one rotation kills for any class. period. Enough of Roar GWF or freeze and knife CWs. or Thorn and chill HRs.
    BTW we still have thorn and meditation. Thorn was nerfed to only one place-able as it should be. But how many HR do you see now use it? ) Cause now you can not kill anyone with this one rotation. I do believe if it would still work you would be able to see more often right? Anyway if it was so op then it is a good point to decrease that part if you assume mod 2/3 HR as base for rework. This is just a suggestion of mechanic of bow/melee and more skillful gameplay rather then - only as mod 3 and no changes.

PS I pm you.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well ill advice you to read my posts. I tend to personally like combat - true. But I what it be mod 2/3 game style where bow was valuable. Same as were archers.
    About self healing I mostly worried is that having it nerfed as WM is will make 0 valuable paths for HR.
    I do suggest now and suggested bunch of times earlier how to increase survival skill on trapper. I suggested to remove WM completely - even before last 1/2 nerf for pvp and make it 10-15% deflection severity as t2. This would give trapper way to sacrifice some of his damage or control for survival skills. And the same time will remove self healing you are so worried about and make gameplay more skillful and predictable.

Archer on other hand do need some control. So my original suggestion was to make construction work as it was before but with some nerfs rather then what we have now - hindering, constrictive, binding kinda work only for trapper and still do exact same thing. This makes archers perfect target for GWF with immunity sprint and one rotation kill. Since you actually can not root them in spring - only deal half of damage from power in case of trapper not even archer.
    There were plenty of good suggestions for to change HRs picture. not that they are considered by devs. On other side devs tend to have HR as self healing machines to compensate that we lost all CC except boars, nerf to disruptive, have small area dodges (mostly effects pve), lost tab as mechanism, and have no CC brakers that other classes do have.
    Do i like it - no. Do I what to change it -yes. Will nerf of LS for combat help to fix root problems - no. I belive it will just make combat useless in both pvp and pve.

Will nerf of Endless and general LS changes help - yes.

Sorry but no Endless have nothing to do with LS OPness.
    MY CW dont have Endless nor my HR(archer) or my GWF or MY SW all of them can steal from 1 daly/or encounter more then they hp bar X 3.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited October 2014
    MY CW dont have Endless nor my HR(archer) or my GWF or MY SW all of them can steal from 1 daly/or encounter more then they hp bar X 3.

Well devs already sad - they are not happy with LS now. So they will change it soon I hope. My SW heals himself from 10 to 100 with 22% LS in pvp without even Endless too. But Endless makes it x3 time more and works too good and too often. And HR do a lot of hits - so it has even more changes to proc and heal HR. Id prefer to have LS fixed in first place for all classes first.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol. How many HP do you have? Because that smells like BS to me.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited October 2014
    Lol. How many HP do you have? Because that smells like BS to me.

ive gotten 450k+ heals on gwf (avalanche)

smth like 200k IBS can do it at a bit over 10% LS at 3 targets, getting the numbers isnt hard

depends on the damage u do, but in solo content it works ok, nothing op for most classes
    Paladin Master Race
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback Trapper:

Did some more testing in the new HEs in the Well of Dragons. It is definitely solid and a ton of fun. It works better than Archer if there's no GF taking aggro. What I would suggest would be to increase the radius of Constricting Arrow and Hindering Strike and possibly increase the target limit of both from 5 to 8.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »

Aww man, I thought my 140K hit from an OF was big. That's just... :(
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »

smth like 200k IBS can do it at a bit over 10% LS at 3 targets, getting the numbers isnt hard

depends on the damage u do, but in solo content it works ok, nothing op for most classes

700k on hall of mirrors gg!
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    to respond to you nezzral
    1.i was suggestin Mighty leap as a prone for PVE mostly dunno how will go out in a pvp.

2. yes , thats why i was sayn the changes on intimidation its exactly for this reason. even if you think defense it's useless , but at least it will remain a TANK stats for a TANK paragon . thats exactly first reason. it shouldn't be a tank paragon a glasscannon and do better burst than offensive paragons. thats not good. and the only way to fix it and make it viable is the way i am sayin without breakin the mechanic or makin this build useless.

3 [Combat (Self)] King Of the İce 6's Barkshield Armor absorbs 1 (1) damage from your Fey Thistle.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Fey Thistle deals 987 (1010) Physical Damage to King Of the İce 6.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 31 (60) Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] King Of the İce 6 deals 9100 (14107) Cold Damage to you with Ice Knife.
    [Combat (Self)] King Of the İce 6 deals 387 (600) Fire Damage to you with Aspect of Flames.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Ferocious Reaction gives 1186 (2297) Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 1050 (2035) Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Ferocious Reaction gives 5931 (11486) Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] King Of the İce 6's Barkshield Armor absorbs 1 (1) damage from your Ferocious Reaction.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Ferocious Reaction deals 11234 (11486) Physical Damage to King Of the İce 6.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1193 (2310) Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] Must have a target.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Unstoppable gives 1186 (2297) Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 2386 (2310) Hit Points to you.

so is there any huge DPS that i dont know about?
    this 11k damage 1 at 3 mins it's nothing in a pvp 1vs1.
    this is a newly and freshed combat log.

BTW: in pvp for instigator / destro encounters are this:
    Takedown/Frontline surge and IBS
    reason is that stun is influenced by other things other the control resist .
    so on preview playin instigator i have the same rotation as for destroyer.

using the runner build as destroyer its out of the question for me.

That's more like it! A lot of GWF go with BF, but with trample the fallen 5/5 exec and 5/5 relentless and powerful sure strike(s) + ibs , is a lot more effective in my opinion over perma. However perma is good for harass, lock down 1v1 on players with low hp or pugs ... and then run for pots. It's a personal choice. Both viable. But high end performance will need like 55k hp on both.

Instigator unlike Destro with 5s cd on take down needs more CC. Mighty leap with prone on "one target" - probably, "closest" target, is a good solution and give damage to the rest. Otherwise AOE with prone is too OP. Added to that the instigator need some defense for it to be viable, otherwise Destro is better as it builds faster determination. If you take the CC into account with trample the fallen with 5s td and 5/5 exec Destro has higher damage. 4th column has no use in Destro tree, just my opinion.

Destro > Instigator, why?

2 5s CD TD + 1 FLS + Trample the fallen + Sure Strike / IBS
    - IBS is stronger
    - sure Strikes are stronger (Wicked and Reaping are useless in PvP)
    - more CC
    - more tank (faster determination build)

Migthy leap with "aoe" prone will be too OP. Migthy leap with prone to "nearest" target is what it needs. Instigator also needs more defense. Some useless feat from 3rd and 4th column to substitute to AC of some sort.

As for sentinel with 35% power is "okay" for this mod. People think 10k power sentinel, but reality is those sentinel are like paper and can die quite easily too. The reason why they are noticable is, because say, a 12k power GWF roll with a DC, and the DC gets to be the "punch bag". This module also has a +8 AC neck. So combined with the 35% power and extra DR%, I think it may make more sense to go with 4x purified set and keep 8k powered Sentinel. However, it's hard to tell unless you really start pushing limits and performing results in PvP. So we have to wait till mod5. Otherwise, your suggestion is the better route, however the rate has to be more than 50%. I would suggest the following instead:

IMPROVING ON YOUR IDEA:

Intimidation on 80% of DR% and acts on "power". In short players will be pushed to take purified on sentinel and balance their offense. Not stack power or stack defense only. So say on a purifed set, sentinel is getting 45% DR. 80% of that is approx ~35%. So if some comedian is stacking 12k power and 35 dr%, NOT WORTH IT! It's better to keep 45% DR and 8k power i.e. he is forced to build DR% and balance it out with power!

GOOD IDEA???

I've been trying all morning, but I cannot reproduce this effect. Can you provide some more context about what powers were hitting you? The power has a bunch of failsafes to try and prevent behavior like this, and they all seem to be working in my testing.

PvP nub :p try it on various dot damage. And ... can you please appoint an advocate we can work with, who plays GWF, as his main and do a little check who you are appointing GWF in-game, how difficult is that?

Now do you want the BEST PvP FEEDBACK? Here it is, and this is what is the major root of most of your problems!

1. Potion and glyphs in PvP. This totally imbalances pvp.
    2. Start making more PVP types. Not just capture the flag, how about get 50 kills wins
    3. Start making new maps based on what is said in 2. No one is excited about "tia-zzzzz-mat"
    4. Increase spawn time for death in PvP.

And I know nothing will be done about it, because you will try to find workarounds. Lurking in forums won't give you the answer. You have to start rolling into premade vs premade, on a regular basis.I am sorry, if this sounds harsh but I think is a good practical advice!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The problem as far as i know is with the legendary off hand proccing it many times and without any conditions to be fullfitted
    edited October 2014
    still u didnt understand about intimidation nezraal. but i will take my time

1. intimidation 35% out of power, now gwf with pots legendary necks\/offhand can get up to 11k power easily, just easily, so that make the nerf from 50% for nothin.
    what i want is to give 50% out of defense, it doesnt have nothing to do with DR% at all.

50% out of how much defense can you stack on GWF for PVP , well , me and you think about pvp, we wont remove our RADIANTS for AZURE, not a chance to change radiance for azure, no , no is a no.
    so how much defense can we get? yes.. we will be forced to get full purified as gwf , so we will have a max of 4000 defense, some extremists guys probably will take titan set or someth that gives more DEFENCE
    but we pvps will always get maximum HP.
    either way you look it,
    defense wont be like POWER as it is on LIVE right now 12k-13k with pots.
    so yeah.
    DEFENSE is the only way to balance out sentinels
    so makin an OP build is impossible for this reason either you dotn have enough power or hp or defence.
    a viable build as sentinel is
    4000 defense half of it as damage is 2000 that means x 45% db (7000 poweR) and crit severity = a number. ofc it will be smaller, alot smaller than this burst right now. on live.

if all paragons would be made as i said, i am 100% it will be balanced, the class will be balanced both pvp and pve at the same time, only problem it will be other classes.

CAUSE I REPEAT AGAIN, CALLIN UP FOR MORE DAMAGE ISN'T A GOOD IDEA TAKIN IN CONSIDERATION THAT OTHER CLASSES SHOULD BE TONED DOWN, and the gwf i am hopin will be will be on par with CW. as i tested out things.

IMPROVING ON YOUR IDEA:

"Intimidation on 80% of DR% and acts on "power". In short players will be pushed to take purified on sentinel and balance their offense. Not stack power or stack defense only. So say on a purifed set, sentinel is getting 45% DR. 80% of that is approx ~35%. So if some comedian is stacking 12k power and 35 dr%, NOT WORTH IT! It's better to keep 45% DR and 8k power i.e. he is forced to build DR% and balance it out with power!"

here you almost got it but it isn;t about DR %,
    so 50% out of max DEFENSE = 4k defense or 5k defense = 2000 damage that multiplies with power/crit seveirty and givin shorten CD on daring shout/cagi by 2 seconds it will balance up the sentinel paragon , and yes people on stack up power creep, and wont stack only defense as they need HP to survive pvp. sentine will have around 48% DR with that Defense. and i am not sayin 80% out of another number percent

i am just sayin as it is now
    on previe 35% out of 10000 power = 3500
    i am sayin
    50% out of 4000 defense= 2000 , it's the same thing, but it will depend on defense

and it will be multiplied by damage bonus from power and crit severity

and yeah, he will be forced to be a tank paragon and have some power too.
    thats the meaning of burst damage.

btw: this for PVE will be an excelent thing.
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    here you almost got it but it isn;t about DR %,
    so 50% out of max DEFENSE = 4k defense or 5k defense = 2000 damage that multiplies with power/crit seveirty and givin shorten CD on daring shout/cagi by 2 seconds it will balance up the sentinel paragon , and yes people on stack up power creep, and wont stack only defense as they need HP to survive pvp. sentine will have around 48% DR with that Defense. and i am not sayin 80% out of another number percent

i am just sayin as it is now
    on previe 35% out of 10000 power = 3500
    i am sayin
    50% out of 4000 defense= 2000 , it's the same thing, but it will depend on defense

and it will be multiplied by damage bonus from power and crit severity

and yeah, he will be forced to be a tank paragon and have some power too.
    thats the meaning of burst damage.

btw: this for PVE will be an excelent thing.

I will tell you why it's not the same and it's improved

1. Sentinel forth column supports 5 AC
    2. There is a new neck piece out there with 8 AC.

It's better to do it off of DR% instead of defense only. I took the idea from you but I think making it act on DR% is better. Basically I am saying, not only are Sentinel encouraged to wear purified/defense gear but also wear AC related gear. One example is the new neck piece with +8 AC!

Also, I think the bigger factor impacting PvP are:

POTS - which should be taken out of PvP!
    GLYPHS- which should be nerfed in pvp!
    ARP - should be scaled lower. Diminish at 1500 the same way at 2000 currently.
    CRITICAL DAMAGE - is imbalanced. I think each tenacity should cut 2.5% severity!
    DEATH PENALTY TIME - increased!
    (i.e. not spam and run to flag point, spam postal aoe damage kamikaze style with paper defense and repeat. Also a kill requiring "some" skills are rewarded.)

If there are any classes (example, CW) who are heavily dependent on glyph, with the nerf in glyph if their damage is under powered give them additional damage somewhere else. But the first step is to get rid / lower the value of the items listed above. Without this, there will be no true balance in PvP, with the current design, it's impossible.Also people need to lower power as well for more demanding RI% as well as give more importance to DR% and tenacity. For example, players will wear 2x450 tenacity rings, which supports the spirit of the game.

The core of most problems is this, the five points listed above. No workarounds will truly work otherwise.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Control Wizard

Renegade: Chaos Magic: Fury - Now grants 30% damage and 10% Life Steal (up from 10% and 5% respectively).
    Renegade: Chaos Magic: Nexus - Now grants 30% Armor Penetration and 30% Critical Chance (up from 10%).
    Renegade: Chaos Magic: Growth - Now heals every .5 seconds for 250% of your weapon damage (up from 200% every second).
    Renegade: Masterful Arcane Theft: Damage bonus increased to 3/6/9/12/15% on targets affected by Chill (up from 1/2/3/4/5%) and 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6% per stack of Arcane Mastery (up from .6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3%).
    Renegade: Chilling Advantage: Chilling Presence increases Critical Chance by 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

Fury is pretty good. Nexus isn't bad, even though most of us are probably maxed on ArP. Growth is kind of a waste though. The biggest problem with Chaos Magic is that it's almost always Growth that procs. Fury and Nexus are pretty rare.

AMT is better.

Chilling Presence still doesn't make Chilling Presence worth slotting. Besides, Renegades should be concentrating on Arcane stacks, not Chill. Chill is for Oppressors and Thaums.

Arcane stacks need to be easier to build, and should last longer. It takes 3 MMs for 1 stack, EF on mastery (not a real good idea anymore) for 1 stack per mob pulled, 1 stack for Singularity, which is pretty much never used in ToD. 1 stack for OF (we want those stacks before OF), 1 stack for RoE, a 1 stack for every few seconds you stand next to the shard which is rarely worth slotting anymore. Each stacks seems to only last about 2 seconds. Chill stacks last much longer and are far easier to build.

Nightmare Wizardry is pretty underwhelming as everyone and their sister now grants CA to the party. It would be much better if I ever saw Phantasmal Destruction proc (is there even a floaty for it?) more often.

The biggest problem with Renegade is the fact that we have to put 5 points into our T2, neither of which is worth using. Thaums and Oppressors can both dip into the other trees for up to 10 points, even into T2. Renegades can do 5 max, because we have to waste 5 on our T2, and if you're not going to take both T3s, there is no sense in being a Renegade.
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New Changes!
    Great Weapon Fighter
    • Sentinel: Intimidation: This feat now deals 7/14/21/28/35% of your Power in damage (down from 10/20/30/40/50%).

This change is not enough. This is still creating a huge problem wherein the designated "Tank" tree of the GWF is still able to pull huge amounts of damage. *This is heavily imbalanced for both PvP and PvE purposes*. If PvP is ever meant to be balanced and taken seriously, this must be fixed as it offers way too much burst for a class that already has significant damage mitigation. In terms of PvE, it's allowing "tank" Great Weapon Fighter's to vastly outdamage other classes by a wide margin.

This imbalance is realized in PvP when dealing with actual high end Great Weapon Fighter which are able to deal 10k hits and upwards of 28k crits in PvP on players that have hit the Tenacity cap and are stacking defense and this is all within an Area of Effect.

This imbalance is also seen in PvE where a Great Weapon Fighter can achieve 158k crits and 60-75k hits with appropriate group buffs, vastly outpowering any other classes.

I will remind you that this damage is all coming from the designated "tank" tree.

I offer the following suggestions as they are as simple as altering a few digits in the code. These changes will preserve the role of the GWF as per the specialization of each tree.

Sentinel: Intimidation
    The Feat deals 6/12/18/12/15% of total Power for Come and Get It and Daring Shout. The Threat from the damage produced is multiplied by 7x and all attacks generate an additional 100% threat against affected targets.

This would by and large come as a fix for both PvE and PvP. This would legitimize the Great Weapon Fighter as a PvE tank, able to hold threat reliably, albeit more susceptible to 1-shot capable bosses without Unstoppable.

As for PvP, this would come as a balance as the "Tank" spec of the Great Weapon Fighter would indeed deal less damage than the designated "Damage" spec. In general, this would transform a Sentinel Great Weapon Fighter into a mobile version of a Guardian Fighter when unstoppable is active.
This discussion has been closed.