test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hmmm

Change Allied Opportunity for rentless. and replace this combat advantage by mark as already suggested.

Give to capstone instigator the property to receive determination by damage (this is a PREVIEW TEST, PEOPLE HERE TEST FOR FREE). the "destroyer porpose" now increases damage by 50% (0 stacks) but did not grant determination by damage.

this will up the destroyer damage a lot for pve (nerf tank-defensive control to the ground) and give to instigator a goooooooooooood spot in pvp.
  • odoamarodoamar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and this will make GWF sentinel be chosen by people for PVE that they want to tank and keep aggro.

lets take out the builds that you see now on live

12000 power and 2000 defense
    and let's put up my theory
    half of 2000 = 1000 damage multiplied with 70% damgeb(power) and crit severity
    is it better than 12000 power = 6000 damage multiplied with 70% damageb(power) and crit

hell yeah, its far better

builds that we can see will be based around 4000 defense or 5000 defense at most in PVE , and this will provide tankines for sentinel , around 48% damage resistance, probably it will hit 50% , exactly like a GF , and wont deal much of a burst damage as it does right now.
    5000 defense = 2500 damage , multiplied with 50% (8000 power) and crit severity.
    so it wont outdamage GWF destroyer or instigator. and will be able to keep threat atleast.

maybe i am rash demanding shorten cooldowns, but at least make them more responsive

Daring shout animation is kinda broken sometimes
    Cagi doesnt do damage sometimes.
    not to say, when enemy is proned or after you are revived by soulforge/teammates and try using cagi/daringshout
    you wont do any damage to enemies dont know the reason of it, probably animation and how responsive they are.
    so i ask either leave as they are and shorten cooldowns by 2 seconds
    either solve those animation problems

changes for destroyer , are increase his capstone to give 20% damage bonus by takin the capstone, and leave 10% damage bonus while unstopable + 1% damage bonus / 1 stack = 20% , resulting 50% damage bonus.

changes for instigator.

change Group assault with nimble runner
    -allied oportunity : mighty leap should prone imo, giving a prone to the class and a new playstyle as well, if you've made us of daringshout/cagi on senti para and takedown/roar on destroy paragon, i find normal , to make use of mighty leap as well, giving something special, not only 30% damage increased, cause that wont solve it.
    -Group assault should give like this 10% damage more on wicked strike and punishing charge
    -nimble runner should be changed into a cap like Focused Destroyer and Master at arms , reason is that this would balance out the paragons even more.
    so we have 4 classfeats that are universal both paths , and 2 class feats destroyer and weapon master are used, leaving 2 class feats bravery/steadfastdetermination without a paragon, so what i advice is to put Steadfast Determination on instigator path, resulting that Bravery will be universal too chose, and makin use of steadfast.

so if nimble runner is changed with SteadFast RUNNER or someth like that ,while slotting it will give 50% more determination gain while in combat like the tooltip says, only it will get a boost, and while using unstopable either have 10% deflect increased or give AC 3 points.

and the capstone should be like this
    10% damage + 5% damage bonus per /1 stack , that means there are 4 stacks = 30% damage bonus total. and we take it logic
    if sentinel has huge unstopable 40%-80% DR , and destroyer has 15-30% DR and has huge DPS , then instigator that has moderate defense abilities/moderate dps, it should give 25-50%DR for instigator. so capstone should give a total of 30% damage bonus and 25-50% DR.

and i bet you will be finished changing things for GWF for a long long time.

this is what will balance the GWF between paragons and it will be made enjoyable for everyone playing it. giving a fair chance for every type of player that is willing either to want to do huge dps, tank, or something between them.

like i said , you should sustain this, cause this won't make the GWF overpowered over other classes, and god no , it will not make him crippled.

nothing to add
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

1. Revert all the changes on CW. You messed up way too much.
    2. Let's talk buffs.

The class is a complete punching bag in PvP to any class (including DC; and if the DC is specced for pure healing, the CW can't kill him). The changes cannot go to the Live Shard like this.

My last 2 cents here after a whole day of testing against all other classes and builds. There aren't any details to add. Everything has already been said by other CW testers.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    so crush... should i start doing videos and things like that to bring you prove how the balance between classer are in pvp, cause for some reason i am not satisfied with your updates on preview server, i found them for 1 week they are lacking of bring balance, so much , that you wouldn't belive, what are you doing and what are your changes are is killin one class after another... why wont you dedficate at least 2 weeks of balancing classes, it isn't so har imo ... just chose around 10-20 players to help you in for this weeks to balance classes... they will do this for free, only to balance up the classes... i am so afraid of mod 5, and how poor the community will be..

instigator losses to all classes
    destroyer looses to all classes
    sentinel on intimidation has bigger chances to win,

so yeah.. GJ crush for this week updates, they were very GOOD, and nice adding new stuff... like rings etc. BUT WHY DONT YOU FIX THINGS !?!?!??!

BTW: to tsukohime or other people talkin about GWF, they have other classes.. i really love how
    clerics and tricksters and rangers talk about hteir classes being weak, yep... nice to know so much OP classes are ingame, and you gentlemancrush ydgaf about us.

feedback: gwf needs 100% piercing damage on instigator and destroyer and 50% piercing damage on sentinel THX !!
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I think CW needs some changes.

1. Magic Missiles needs a small buff regarding the casting time. As it is now, It cannot compete with Ray of frost and that is forcing people to use one at-will. I've been running over 200 PvP matches since Module 4 and I don't think I've seen a single CW using MM on a higher level.

2. Fury, Nexus and Growth needs the same chance to procc, as it is now the best one proccs very little and the most useless one proccs the most. That is kinda false advertising when you read the tooltip.

3. Chilling Presence needs a damage buff. Rank 3 should give 6% damage instead of 3%.

4. Arcane Presence needs a big buff too before anyone consider it useful compared to the other ones.

5. I know you are probably tired of hearing it but trust me, I'm as tired of begging for it. The shard needs a big damage buff when used on TABB. One way to limit the damage in PvE would be that it prones like it does now, but only damage X enemies. So you limit the damage targets but not the prone targets.

6. Chill strike needs a faster casting time, its useless in PvP because everybody can see it coming from a mile away. If you feel its to powerful with better castingtime, then nerf the damage a bit. That would mean more control for a Control Wizard but less damage.

7. Icy terrain needs a bigger radius. If you feel its to powerful with a bigger radius then limit the target cap.

8. Maelstrom of chaos - needs a complete rework. Its totally useless both in PvE and PvP. Its a wasted daily.

9. Ice storm is also really bad in both PvE and PvP. A Control Wizard is suppose to handle the adds but spreading them out all over the place is just counterproductive for the whole party in all situations.

10. Reapers touch should get a small buff, maybe 25 feat instead of 20.

11. Maybe make CW ignore 76/86% instead of current 66% of a target's Tenacity for the purposes of calculating control durations on a target?

I agree with most stuff here.

And also, IMO the CW class is relying too much on paragon class features. It doesn't matter what paragon path you chose, your only viable options are the class features coming from that, and the CW is probably the class that changes the most only because of the class features. The other classes only get 'a plus' with these features, while the CW gameplay is completely changed because of them.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »

2. Let's talk buffs.

The class is a complete punching bag in PvP to any class (including DC; and if the DC is specced for pure healing, the CW can't kill him). The changes cannot go to the Live Shard like this.

My last 2 cents here after a whole day of testing against all other classes and builds. There aren't any details to add. Everything has already been said by other CW testers.

+1 to this suggestion
  • gcut123gcut123 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »

Nuff said, seriously.

Bring Shard back already.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback PvP CW:

CW remains incredibly frail and too weak compared to other classes. It doesn't fare well in this game of one-shots. A few top CWs are respectfully asking you to reconsider what you are doing with the clas
    s.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here are some Class Balance feedback suggestions for PVE only that the devs should strongly consider:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?783101-Mod5-Class-Balance-Feedback-Discussion-%28PVE-ONLY%29
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here's a summary of class balance changes that the devs should consider when it comes to PVE:

- For CW: Renegade: Please consider changing the Chilling Advantage feat so that it does not require the Chilling Presence class feature, very few CWs will choose Chilling Presence class feature when there are many other good choices even with this feat, so a buff to the Chilling Advantage feat will be wasted.

- For CW, please fix the Renegade Tier 2 feats so that they both don't suck.

- For SW, Tyrannical Threat has evidently still not been fixed.

- Also there is some controversy about the percentage chance for each part of the CW Renegade capstone, Chaotic Fury/Nexus/Growth. They don't seem to activate with equal chances. Is this working as intended?

- Also, in general, when it comes to CW class features, there is very little reason for SS CWs to pick anything other than Storm Spell/Eye of the Storm, or for MoF CWs to pick anything other than Critical Conflagration/Swath of Destruction. I don't think anyone wants these nerfed, but it would be good to make the other passives more attractive, especially since Orb of Imposition is getting nerfed for everyone except Oppressors.

- GWF for any paragon path other than Sentinel seems too squishy for the newer content mobs which can hit for very high amounts. Perhaps another look at the Unstoppable mechanic for all GWFs, not just Sentinels, should be considered.

Devs, please take this feedback into consideration!
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bring back the old unstoppable ! this pathetic excuse of unstoppable we have now is a steaming pile of BS
    to compensate sentinel capstone you could add "Your encounter powers mark targets hit, you generate x% more threat against marked targets" that would work nice with feat that increases damage against marked targets, this wouldnt affect PvP since any good PvPer already marks targets with threatening rush and would be a nice bonus to swordmasters who have some trouble marking targets atm(and add more utility due to bonuses to party damage from mark). it would add different type of tanking - GF being more utility/support based tank while GWF being more damage oriented tank, also would make GWF better at tanking multiple targets

also Instigator and Destroyer need higher base damage
    Paladin Master Race
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 47 (65) Fire Damage to PapaBigN LT 5.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Storm Spell deals 5880 (9786) Lightning Damage to PapaBigN LT 5.

[Combat (Self)] PapaBigN LT 5 deals 12080 (11725) Physical Damage to you with Ferocious Reaction.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 51 (97) Hit Points to you.

[Combat (Self)] PapaBigN LT 5 deals 12080 (11725) Physical Damage to you with Ferocious Reaction.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 81 (153) Hit Points to you.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 1 (2) Hit Points to you.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 1 (1) Hit Points to you.

That is instant 48k damage from a passive skill. GG
    edited November 2014
    Iron Vanguard

Ferocious Reaction: This power now activates at the correct health thresholds again.

at least it stopped regenerating from offhand...
  • b1indedb1inded Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Great Weapon Fighter
    No control and no prone skills, compared to other classes.
    Damage diminished and it's too hard to land strikes or skills on other players in PVP.
    Even experienced GWF are nothing vs HR, and after Intimidation fix damage is lost again.

GWF 20k+ < HR 18k+ - in PVP melee combat
    GWF 20k+ < CW 18k+ - in PVP combat

Suggestion
    Give GWF back at least one prone effect to control target.
    Give GWF more damage in single strike vs ranged.
    Instigator tree could use some regen hp passive skills for PVP or control and prone resistance.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 47 (65) Fire Damage to PapaBigN LT 5.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Storm Spell deals 5880 (9786) Lightning Damage to PapaBigN LT 5.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 51 (97) Hit Points to you.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 81 (153) Hit Points to you.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 1 (2) Hit Points to you.

[Combat (Self)] Your Health Steal gives 1 (1) Hit Points to you.

That is instant 48k damage from a passive skill. GG

PapaBigN is a 23k GWF, has 57-60k HP and ferocious reaction bonus on off-hand artifact at legendary on preview. So ferocious reaction is quite boosted on him. Also, it's a passive with 3 minutes cooldown.

Not like it's ok, i hate passive damage. But ask yourself why GWF is relying on intimidation and cheesy passive damage.
    Answer: cause it's hands down the class which has the harder time landing their hits, falls behind in damage compared to ranged counterparts (the tankyness is to compensate the fact that the enemy is ranged and can easily land damage before the GWF gets in melee range) by far. Sprint compensates the endless zoom of warlocks, the endless teleports from CWs (both classes have feats to get that), permastealth of TRs (barely), marauder escape/ dodges/ ranged of HRs and allows them to get around GF block. Yet, if you compare a DPS spec GWF vs a DPS CW with shield, usually CW deals more damage from range and can still tank some with shield. Warlocks deal far more DPS. Same HRs. And more of all, all these classes can land their DPS with one eye closed while a non-intimidation GWF must flawlessly time and aim its powers.

Instigator new capstone is a good step in the right direction but both instigator and destroyer have harder time landing their encounters, barely compete in DPS in melee range (not ranged) and are not much more survivable than a PvP CW with shield on. Expecially considering almost any other class except GWF can prone and take away a huge chunk of your HP with deflection and DR out of the way.

New instigator needs more tankyness through either determination gain boost or Unstoppable buff to 25-50% DR.
    Destroyer needs SW-level damage considering both can sprint-zoom a lot, but SWs are ranged and can prone.
    Sentinel needs more tankyness to face the monster-level DPS coming from SWs/ HRs/CWs and some proactive way to dish-out some DPS, more or less like a GF with less tankyness/ survivability (no block, less HP) but a bit more DPS.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PapaBigN is a 23k GWF, has 57-60k HP and ferocious reaction bonus on off-hand artifact at legendary on preview. So ferocious reaction is quite boosted on him. Also, it's a passive with 3 minutes cooldown.

Not like it's ok, i hate passive damage. But ask yourself why GWF is relying on intimidation and cheesy passive damage.
    Answer: cause it's hands down the class which has the harder time landing their hits, falls behind in damage compared to ranged counterparts (the tankyness is to compensate the fact that the enemy is ranged and can easily land damage before the GWF gets in melee range) by far. Sprint compensates the endless zoom of warlocks, the endless teleports from CWs (both classes have feats to get that), permastealth of TRs (barely), marauder escape/ dodges/ ranged of HRs and allows them to get around GF block. Yet, if you compare a DPS spec GWF vs a DPS CW with shield, usually CW deals more damage from range and can still tank some with shield. Warlocks deal far more DPS. Same HRs. And more of all, all these classes can land their DPS with one eye closed while a non-intimidation GWF must flawlessly time and aim its powers.

Instigator new capstone is a good step in the right direction but both instigator and destroyer have harder time landing their encounters, barely compete in DPS in melee range (not ranged) and are not much more survivable than a PvP CW with shield on. Expecially considering almost any other class except GWF can prone and take away a huge chunk of your HP with deflection and DR out of the way.

New instigator needs more tankyness through either determination gain boost or Unstoppable buff to 25-50% DR.
    Destroyer needs SW-level damage considering both can sprint-zoom a lot, but SWs are ranged and can prone.
    Sentinel needs more tankyness to face the monster-level DPS coming from SWs/ HRs/CWs and some proactive way to dish-out some DPS, more or less like a GF with less tankyness/ survivability (no block, less HP) but a bit more DPS.

Sadly all this is true :(..

I think alot of people still suffers from post modules gwfs and are still tired of the OPness that gwfs had back in module 2 and 3.
    But the development in gears and classes has not only erased the advantages but left the gwf class behind.
    It is no longer possible just due to superior game play to keep up with other classes and to even compeat the gwf class need 2-3k more gs then other classes.

I have a dc sw hr and gwf and hands down the gwf needs so much better gear then the other classes to performe its redicules and this is one of my major consern.

I been running some LOL epic dungeons lately whith sentinel build gwf 19k full epic sword and i am not even close to the dps of cws 15-16k and the sw leave me in the dust and so does the archer ranger.
    I know that hr sw and cw can exploit the red glyphs but the imbalance is painfully obvious.

Nobody wants the OPness that gwf once held back but i can tell you non gwf will want to get back to the swamp we where in before in module 1 either and thats where we are headed right now imho....
    edited November 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    It's a fair BiS vs BiS fight. It's not like some scrub 15K newbie CW fought the monster GWF.

Yet the GWF has a way to kill the opponent by just derping, while the CW has to kite endlessly and dodge flawlessly to not get 2-shot by the other monster proc, Intimidation.

Skillz :\

Make Storm Spell proc for 15K as well. Assailant proc for 25K. CWs need to be able to keep up, and since you seem to have toned down all their procs and boosted other class procs instead, how about making all procs tick the same, so the fights are fair.
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback HR:
    Firstly I will state that the Swiftness of the Fox change does wonders towards improving the fluidity of stance changing and I applaud this change. That said, there is still much that should be considered for change in order to bring the Trapper path up to where it should be.
    The HR was my favorite class, hands down when it came out. I loved the potential and versatility of the stance changing idea and the synergy that could occur between the powers of both stances. It required skill and practice to master the blade and bow style and it suited me well. Then, inevitably through the course of time more and more changes were made until the rework happened and effectively destroyed the Blade and Bow style of play which was originally how it was meant to be played. All solely to cater to those who couldn't grasp it's intricacies or wanted to be a complete character in a singular stance. Although I am all for everyone having their fun, I am a bit dismayed that it came at the expense of the true potential of the class.
    Now it seems is the opportunity to right the wrongs and improve the Blade and Bow HR play style and with a few suggestions it can easily be done.
    Constricting Arrow; Trapper needs it's AoE and target cap increased on this power for two reasons. Firstly, it will improve control which subsequently improves survivability. You're not giving us the high deflection, life stealing madness of the cheese melee HR and that's fine but we should be able to survive by other means. Extra control potential is such a means.
    The second reason is for a higher damage output, which the Trapper falls behind on because they turned them so control centric. More targets hit means more roots which means better damage output. For the life of me, I can't understand why the damage was given to the Archery tree, and the control to the hybrid tree... that is entirely backwards in my opinion. Archery has no defense beyond massive single target damage, they should have had less damage and more control so that they could easier maintain ranged combat whereas the hybrid who is stance changing to maximize effectiveness should have been the master of bursting an enemy down through fluid stance change and encounter spamming. But I digress. On the opposite side, Steel Breeze needs a damage boost.

Another change that is desperately needed is to Aspect of the Serpent. Keep in mind that the Trapper to be most effective will at some point go into melee combat as well but will have reduced effectiveness in doing so. I look at Aspect of the Serpent as the epitome feature of the hybrid style and compare it to some of the other features and it is simply not even worth investing in. Aspect should be changed to be a 6 stack maximum, 6 second refreshable duration damage boost. Each rank grants 3% damage per stack. How it should work is that when an encounter power is used it activates a single stack of the feature for that stance up to a maximum of three stacks which grant a 9% damage to all attacks. changing stance and using the remaining three encounters will grant the remaining 3 stacks at an additional 9% damage boost to all attacks for a total of 18% which is equal to other damage boosting features from other classes albeit at a much more intensive activation phase. So in practice, the Trapper will need to go cycle through all encounters to achieve maximum bonus thus incentive and synergy occurs for stance changing. at maximum stacks, the duration lasts 6 seconds for each column of stacks but can be refreshed by using an encounter in that stance again (a ranged power refreshes the ranged column, a melee power refreshes the melee column). It promotes stance changing, becomes sustainable, and grants a large enough boost to be worth investing in for the hybrid style like this.
    Furthermore this would also improve the appeal of the Serpent's Bite Trapper feature by essentially doubling it's potential since stacking would be doubled. This would bring Trapper damage potential in line with where it should be at the peak of the class when used as the class was meant to be.
    The heroic feat Agile Combatant needs to have it's damage bonus doubled to 2/4/6% for 5 seconds after stance change.

Thorned Roots and Ancient Roots... The two features should become completely independent of one another so as to be able to sustain burst and control without one interfering with the other. Change Thorned roots to apply an immediate pierce damage on the controlled target upon control encounter usage rather than a time based one on control duration. This way you can enjoy the control duration of Ancient Roots without sacrificing the burst capability that Thorned roots can provide. This split would also have the subsequent effect of improving damage and survivability of the Trapper in a shorter time frame.

Rain of Arrows; will you please finally increase the radius of this power? Also a damage increase on Rain of Swords would be nice as well.

Marauder's Escape should be an escape. Give it CC immunity/breaking

This is all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure I'll remember more. I would like very much to play an effective ranger the way it was meant to be played, but the changes you are proposing so far won't be enough for it to compete with and exceed the other two half-class, half assed approach.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
    edited November 2014
    hunter ranger is a striker / controller character.
    i highly agree with this, he needs to be tonned down on his surviability, like Control Wizard is atm .
    and control and do dps as its already do.
    but high surviability it's not a DEFENDER.

it would be great to have

1 hr paragon for striker role
    1 hr paragon for controller role
    and 1 hr paragon that has both , but less effective.

same with gwf
    1 gwf paragon for strike role
    1 gwf paragon for defender role
    1 gwf paragon that has both, but less effective.

it's easy ...
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    http://youtu.be/-wr9hUm_vYQ
    Is the nerfed intimidation supposed to hit still this hard and with that range?
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    For HR, they also need to nerf Marauder Rush's distance: 83' is so much distance for a gap closer. It should be toned down into 30'

CW as far as i remember have longest range in game. HR with aspect of falcon in still range for CWS spells. Making gap closer as 30 feet is same as making it useless. We don't have GWF/SW immunity Run. Nor shield. Nor stealth. 2nd note -30 feet it less then aura effect for new armor sets - 50 feet. CW dodge is close to 30 feet. So all what you ask is to make CWs do 2 rotations of encounters even before HR is able to engage.And CW won't even have to move his fat ***) 100% CW vr HR buff. Never should be done. Id advices CW root HRs even before we are at 83 feet range. All good CWs do it so.

hunter ranger is a striker / controller character.
    i highly agree with this, he needs to be tonned down on his surviability, like Control Wizard is atm .
    and control and do dps as its already do.
    but high surviability it's not a DEFENDER.

it would be great to have

1 hr paragon for striker role
    1 hr paragon for controller role
    and 1 hr paragon that has both , but less effective.

same with gwf
    1 gwf paragon for strike role
    1 gwf paragon for defender role
    1 gwf paragon that has both, but less effective.

it's easy ...

It must have start with point that HR at mod 2/3 had some control abilities. Now we don't pretty much. Main Control was Constructive plus disruptive with Stromstep actions. For melee it was less effective prone version - Boar's charge. Problem with boars is accually its placement and week effect in comparasion to old constructive. This was allowing for Archers to exist and be good.
    3rd path was buffer - one that was focusing on buffs/debuffs/heals. Now is completly gone from pciture.
    Also 2nd strange change was to limit HR to melee or to only Archer. No matter how much I favor melee still making it so limited is same as destory of tab for HR.
    to compensate that they made 3rd - control focused- Trapper. Now this 3rd can do nothing really. CW and even DC have better controls then trapper - this matters to pve. And its damage is weakest amoung all. No survivability and no burst damage. And in pvp all its control don't work - eg rooted CWs still does all his speals and trapper can not kill him. GWF dont even bother with trappers - just kill in half rotation.
    In any way HR still need 3 pathes - melee archer and trapper/buffer. If you look from current state. Give back old constructive. Make deflection and deflection severity as main defense mechanism to melee. And it will be better in whole picture now.
    Even thought I do respect your ideas on what HR is. It does not mean that HR were not what you describe. HR were havily nerfed every module. Most of skills is accually nerf like 2 -5 times and now are pretty useless.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

after seeing this i really doubt if GWF has a chance to survive in mod 5 w,o intimidation lol.
    edited November 2014

That's as dumb as it gets.

So the TR kites almost flawlessly for 2 mins, then by the virtue of derping and RNG together, the GWF hits 45700 in 1 second.

Can we PLEASE remove these incredibly ******ed mechanics from the game?!?

PS1: the permadaze thing will cause immense floods of QQ and tears shall flood the forums.
    PS2: nice job kweassa, next time use elixirs too.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

So the TR kites almost flawlessly for 2 mins, then by the virtue of derping and RNG together, the GWF hits 45700 in 1 second.

PS1: the permadaze thing will cause immense floods of QQ and tears shall flood the forums.

Intimidation is 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up mechanic but lets be honest they nerfed gwf to the point where w.o intimidation gwf wouldnt stand a chance in pvp.
    edited November 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    Intimidation is 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up mechanic but lets be honest they nerfed gwf to the point where w.o intimidation gwf wouldnt stand a chance in pvp.

Yes, it needs to be replaced with something fun and viable. This is true for other classes too, it's not like just the GWF depends on huge/many procs.

The procs/DoTs mentality is destroying the game and they just augment it, while making things such as Shard and FLS/Takedown/IBS combos irrelevant and obsolete.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Because permadodge is such a great skill, huh. I can already see that I'll have to drop daring shout for something else when fighting TRs in mod 5. Impossible to land it when TR now has such a cheap and long dodge. Not to mention their already OP deflect severity that pretty much neglects stun completely.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    Because permadodge is such a great skill, huh. I can already see that I'll have to drop daring shout for something else when fighting TRs in mod 5. Impossible to land it when TR now has such a cheap and long dodge. Not to mention their already OP deflect severity that pretty much neglects stun completely.

So that 44k is due to high deflect severity?
    Thanks god!
    Perma dodge is a fixed bug
    edited November 2014

As much as i don't like intimidation mechanic...but..."kite flawlessly"...

Permastealth and throwing knives
    rush in, double roll going stealth then jump at 30'+ from GWF in open ground
    GWF stuns work for less than 1 seconds (been like that for the whole mod4, on both TRs and HRs. A bug or whatever, these guys can get out of our puny stuns almost instantly, which means GWF have pretty much no CC against a TR)

Kite with this stuff is easy as a pie compared to what the GWF must do to catch the TR. During stealth the GWF should be superman to find you, in open ground (in domination it's the same since TRs get out of node endlessly). After you rush in, all you need to do is go back to stealth and double roll. First roll the GWF can see where you roll. Second roll can be literally in any direction and can't be seen, and is almost instant. Then the TR is in safe zone again. Throw knives from safety, rush in, roll away into stealth (immunity), roll again (immunity).
    Now take lag into account, the TR is out of GWF damage 99% of the time and can hit the enemy whenever he want.

Now let's see what a destroyer or instigator should do in the same situation. The TR hits them, then roll away. You must predict where he will roll, point FLS and hit it exactly between the first and second dodge. One millisecond too early or too late, you hit the roll immunity. Even hitting perfectly, the stun would be 0.5s, which means the TR would be long gone before you get to the point where he is supposed to be. And then the TR is in permastealth again and see you next time. Repeat a few times except for the fact TRs now deal more damage and Destroyers and Instigators have low survivability. Destroyer could go permasprint but then he should use takedown as opening. And catching a perma TR with just takedown requires like 99% skills, 1% rest. Not being permasprint, you can try to guess (again, requires more skill than being permastealth and hitting whenever you please or double roll and go into permastelath staying at 30'+ from the enemy) when the TR will try to hit you and sprint to mitigate the damage.

Intimidation can go to hell, when glyphs go to hell, permastealth go to hell, piercing blade go to hell, and all prones are removed from all classes, and stuns actually stun for a decent amount of time and TRs/HRs are not able to slip away after 0.5s of stun.

And i do not use intimidation build but a destroyer PvP spec.
    edited November 2014
    So that 44k is due to high deflect severity?
    Thanks god!
    Perma dodge is a fixed bug

Damage can go when HRs/ TRs get stunned for a decent amount of time that can be actually called CC instead of 0,5s stunn and then free to roll away before you get hit again. It's BS, TRs know it, HRs know it, but it's fine cause it's useful to you when a GWF cannot see you and catch you cause the puny stuns devs gave in place of prones are useless against you.

But it's the same old story: if it's broken but helps me, it can stay (broken stun on TRs/ HRs), but if it hurts me (intimidation <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) then it must go, NOW!

I don't even use intimidation on my GWF but i can see that much. Intimidation now is the only thing that makes GWF competitive, which is just sad, cause it's as crappy as glyphs, passive DPS exc...

And what most players call "skills" is just set a rotation, and try not to play like a complete ******, then your toon auto aims, dish out damage and do all by himself. Combat HR is like that. Only thing you need to avoid is a high DPS CW controlling you. But out of that, it's just rushing in from 80 feet, prone, press button for DPS (fox shift), rush out (marauder escape), hit from range or go stealth with forest ghost, dodge, self heal, repeat.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Are you saying intimidation is fine because TRs and HRs are too OP?

Because while intimidation should not work that way, you do have a point.

How about they leave intimidation, keep the TRs, HRs and DCs being OP but just buff CW and GF?

Talking for next mod of course^
This discussion has been closed.