Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Changes

Comments

• Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback
    To make TR fair in tab towards other classes you should terminate stealth depletion at any dot, it should deplete stealth only by normal hit, any dot that hit TR should not deplete stealth. Right now it is not possible to play against **CW because they have too many dots. Also i think that out of stealth TR should not get inerrupted restoring stealth by anything at all, no damage should interrupt stealth regeneration out of stealth. That is required if you treat fairness of classes when it comes to tab.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    This is OUTSTANDING. We are totally vulnerable if just out in the open plunking people, so I think there will be a fair trade-off with new CoS.

Makes CoS, especially with Cos Artifact, now TOTALLY VIABLE in PvE. Yes, I love my PvP but I love PvE as well. So this is huge.

The rest of the changes also look spot-on. Man, I'm excited, now let's iron out the issues with the rest of the powers.

Gloaming Cut change was ABSOLUTELY necessary, btw.

,,ABSOLUTELY necessary'' is that you should go duel HR. But well some people respect others classes instead of their class apparently.
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Hey all, we are making some pretty big changes to at wills to make them feel better overall since they are much more difficult to use from stealth. We wanted each of them to fill a unique role in your kit and we have differentiated them more strongly to reflect that.
    • Cloud of Steel: This power no longer has charges and activates slightly slower.
    • Cloud of Steel: This power now deals 10% more damage.
    • Duelist's Flurry: This power now activates faster.
    • Duelist's Flurry: The bleed from Duelist's flurry now deals 20% more damage.
    • Sly Flourish: The damage on this power now better reflects the activate time of each hit. The damage of the second, third, and final hits have all been increased.
    • Sly Flourish: The final hit of this combo now applies Broken Armor for 6 seconds. Broken Armor causes targets to take 5% more damage from all sources.
    • Gloaming Cut: Base damage of this power has been reduced by roughly 15%.

Additionally we have made a couple bug fixes and QoL changes as well.
    • Concussive Strikes: This feat will no longer daze the rogue in rare cases.
    • One with the Shadows: Can no longer be wasted by triggering from Shadow Strike.
    • Dodge: Dodging now correctly costs 30 stamina. It also is no longer unlimited while Stealthed.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

And with one fell swoop the entire playing field has shifted. CoS changes could drastically improve WK QoL. SF is back in the game and DF kicks GC out of its seat (possibly) as prime DPS at-will... Interesting...

(Oh, and now, smokebomb should be working properly, so here's to massive damage for scoundrels (using SF or CoS at-wills in particular))

Somethings that need to be done first, though:
    • VP toss and port cast times need to be reduced
    • Retool stealth refilling - taking damage should merely pause the refill action, not decrease it back to 0. This will reward the dodges out of combat for cumulative stealth refueling and will reduce the dependency on SS

I can see some excellent WK and MI scoundrel rotations emerging in my head for both trash and bosses. This should be good.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014

That's what I'm talking about
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great news and many thanks!

I think the damage bonus from strength should be moved to dexterity much like the hunter ranger as well as a feat like "disciple of dexterity" in place of "disciple of strength" as well. Strength could be given a resistance ignored stat or something like that. Considering that dexterity is the primary stat of the TR and the TR is primarily (nearly singularly) a striker this would make sense for dexterity to be changed in this way.
  • Options
    heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    feedback

you guys lost a player that stayed for 11 months
    Im guessing that you dont want suggestions on the whole rework , just feedback on how the rework works for us. The changes are unacceptable
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ^^ i was thinking of something similar but suddenly slow's ability score idea makes more sense
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    good to know they listend to our feedback/requests about at wills. TR is on a good path now. Cant wait to test tomorrow.

ps. Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014

DF IS BACK TO LIFE!! (or seems like). THANKS GC!
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bugs:
    If i try to activate Shadow of Demise (T5 Executioneer Feat) shortly after each other, he doesn't refresh the duration of Shadow of Demise. Which means i must wait till it runs out and activate it again or i have the problem to wasted a good opportunity to deal more damage. It would be nice if the time would stack or at least refresh.

Another problem is stealth. Sometimes i want to go in stealth but it doesn't activate, it doesn't recognize my TAB-Command. Is this only an issue on the Preview Server?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    abecassis wrote: »

Gloaming Cut hits for around 15k, on "squishy" classes.
    I write "squishy" like this because a CW/SW im not really squishy with 3k defense, 50k HP and 2k Regen.

Dazing insta stun from stealth, go out of stealth, shadow strike, dodge and right back to stealth. Then ofc back to gloamig cut rotation. + They have an extra encounter JUST in case it would be to hard, like impossible to catch.

It is absolutely impossible to kill rogues now. They are lashing out much much more damage now, from stealth, then they did earlier.

I thought the whole point with this change was that you wanted rogues to get out of stealth to do any harm/damage. Well its even worse now.

HATER ALERT this thread is not for you kido! get out of here now! you smelly dog I will slap you with your CW/SW OP damage huh?!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hey all, we are making some pretty big changes to at wills to make them feel better overall since they are much more difficult to use from stealth. We wanted each of them to fill a unique role in your kit and we have differentiated them more strongly to reflect that.
    • Cloud of Steel: This power no longer has charges and activates slightly slower.
    • Cloud of Steel: This power now deals 10% more damage.
    • Sly Flourish: The damage on this power now better reflects the activate time of each hit. The damage of the second, third, and final hits have all been increased.
    • Sly Flourish: The final hit of this combo now applies Broken Armor for 6 seconds. Broken Armor causes targets to take 5% more damage from all sources.
    • Gloaming Cut: Base damage of this power has been reduced by roughly 15%.

Additionally we have made a couple bug fixes and QoL changes as well.
    • Concussive Strikes: This feat will no longer daze the rogue in rare cases.
    • One with the Shadows: Can no longer be wasted by triggering from Shadow Strike.
    • Dodge: Dodging now correctly costs 30 stamina. It also is no longer unlimited while Stealthed.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

(T_T) Tears of joy! Tears of jooooooy!

The follow still needs your attention.
    1.) STEALTH METER DRAIN our TAB is dead during combat because it doesnt refill when receiving damage.
    2.) STATS still a big mess
    Cloud of Steel: This power no longer has charges and activates slightly slower.
    Cloud of Steel: This power now deals 10% more damage.

Who says the new CoS is OP? Do you want me to explain or you will use your brain instead to avoid getting embarrassed?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014

stealth depletion sadly need to stay as it is, we can easily reduce the loss slotting tenacious concilement.

stats allocation: i still think that recharge speed is the most important stat to max on a TR. it should not be placed as tertiary choice but included in cha/dex. the cooldowns are really really too high compared to other classes and we even play with 1 encounter slot less (shadow strike).

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tenacious just stops the depletion but still it prevents it from keep filling, so we still can be prevented completely from ever entering stealth again unless we slot SS
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

stealth depletion sadly need to stay as it is, we can easily reduce the loss slotting tenacious concilement.

stats allocation: i still think that recharge speed is the most important stat to max on a TR. it should not be placed as tertiary choice but included in cha/dex. the cooldowns are really really too high compared to other classes and we even play with 1 encounter slot less (shadow strike).

Tenacious doesn't work against mass dots.
    If CW use dots not even bilethorn then you have all stealth destroyed in 2 seconds with profound and stealth extension in feat. That is not playable! And if they wear bilethorn as some people forget then you have absolutely no use of stealth. That is why dot can not deplete stealth because there is no hope for TR then. Also if you slot tenacious or you don't with CW powers with dots it's pointless because it will destroy stealth in moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Ohhh! Sorry mate SS in our encounter bar is too much please.... I dont want to use TC for the rest of year 2015
    less words.... more thinking....

The following needs attention....
    1. STEALTH METER self explanatory to those who use their brains.....
    2. COOLDOWN other class doesnt need to stack INT or recover funny isnt? TR using Silvery and INT stats? lol! the jokes on you!
    3. Disheart why would a dot drain 15% per tick?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    k9madrush wrote: »
    Ohhh! Sorry mate SS in our encounter bar is too much please.... I dont want to use TC for the rest of year 2015
    less words.... more thinking....

The following needs attention....
    1. STEALTH METER self explanatory to those who use their brains.....
    2. COOLDOWN other class doesnt need to stack INT or recover funny isnt? TR using Silvery and INT stats? lol! the jokes on you!
    3. Disheart why would a dot drain 15% per tick?

d.strike ticks dont drain stealth.

the new offhand offers 10% more additive reduction to stealth loss.
    tenacious + offhand = 100%
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry for my english.

Just a question :

Stealth is not invisibility, is discretion, so.. why stealh metter do not refill when TR is not targeted in fight ?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    d.strike ticks dont drain stealth.

the new offhand offers 10% more additive reduction to stealth loss.
    tenacious + offhand = 100%

So here we are again bound to tenacious concealment and shadow strike while other class press TAB and bwalah! 6 encounter(HR) etc. I do not need to mention this things here any pro TR knows that out of stealth we are 50% dead already. Ask anyone in pvp who will they nuke first? GF?GWF?.... probably the tissue paper TR right? and with the dps we will get how are we going to manage agro and survive in dungeon raids? ohhh I forgot we have smoke bomb and BnS! good call mate! that lowers our dps so instead of getting a TR why dont we get a CW/SW instead? I hope you like my little story because everything I said is FACT.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mirlegris wrote: »
    Sorry for my english.

Just a question :

Stealth is not invisibility, is discretion, so.. why stealh metter do not refill when TR is not targeted in fight ?

If you're not targeted, it does refill itself. If you are targetted and taking damage, it drains. You can go from nearly full to almost empty by taking a lot of damage out of stealth.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If you're not targeted, it does refill itself. If you are targetted and taking damage, it drains. You can go from nearly full to almost empty by taking a lot of damage out of stealth.

correct that is why stealth meter is dead during combat which makes TR TAB a big double edge sword but the problem is the benefit does not out weigh the disadvantages. If you will look closely to other class TABS no disadvanateges everything is sweet and easy.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tenacious doesn't work against mass dots.
    If CW use dots not even bilethorn then you have all stealth destroyed in 2 seconds with profound and stealth extension in feat. That is not playable! And if they wear bilethorn as some people forget then you have absolutely no use of stealth. That is why dot can not deplete stealth because there is no hope for TR then. Also if you slot tenacious or you don't with CW powers with dots it's pointless because it will destroy stealth in moment.

See, this is exactly the reason why someone who never tries anything out, shouldn't comment on anything.
    Spreading misinformation based on outdated knowledge. ROFL

I see rayrdan actually tried it now, and judging from his comments, his stance 180d shifted, now commenting that depletion is needed, I can only guess that rayr now obviously understands just how powerful that 10% from the artifact off-hand is. Even in preview, not many TRs know about this yet.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So here we are again bound to tenacious concealment and shadow strike while other class press TAB and bwalah! 6 encounter(HR) etc. I do not need to mention this things here any pro TR knows that out of stealth we are 50% dead already. Ask anyone in pvp who will they nuke first? GF?GWF?.... probably the tissue paper TR right? and with the dps we will get how are we going to manage agro and survive in dungeon raids? ohhh I forgot we have smoke bomb and BnS! good call mate! that lowers our dps so instead of getting a TR why dont we get a CW/SW instead? I hope you like my little story because everything I said is FACT.

k9. I've tested it, and thoroughly.

The 10% extra, giving immunity to depletion-on-damage, is such a powerful and useful tool that losing whatever other small function from other class features and gaining the immunity through Tenacious Concealment more than makes up for it. Both in PvE and PvP.

In PvE, now you don't really need any Shadow Strike. In PvP, any class that used to rely on DoTs to just neuter whatever stealth, even if one uses SS to renew it, is now officially gone. No stray shot, no lucky hit, no Steal Time or whatever will ever drain your stealth again. The only thing that ends stealth prematurely is your own attacks. In terms of defense, when you are repositioning or buying some distance and recharge time, you have the entire stealth duration guaranteed, and nobody can take that away from you.

It's absolutely worth it. It is why I've commented before, "the re-stealth issues are now over".

...and it is. Really.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Tenacious just stops the depletion but still it prevents it from keep filling, so we still can be prevented completely from ever entering stealth again unless we slot SS

rei, that problem can easily solved by the following:

(1) Feat:Twilight Adept -- 10% stealth fill on dodge
    (2) high-stamina regen build
    (3) gc's promise that the next fix will correctly bring down stamina cost on dodge to 30
    (4) clever fighting tactics

1. Twilight Adept: Every stamina fill, even if its a modest 10%, now stays and matters.
    2 and 3. With the stamina cost decreased, as long as you can play smart enough to save stamina for dodges, that's 3-dodges right off the bat. It's actually a 4th, since by the time you do 3 dodges, you will have enough for a 4th. That's 40% stamina recovered while dodging around and being immune to attack.
    4. Ranged mobs are now #1 priorities. Take them down fast, and you only have melee mobs left. When there are only melee mobs left, points 1, 2, and 3 guarantee an easy kiting experience. Dodge around, move some more, and the naturlal, unhindered regeneration of stealth.

I'll see if I can make some vids of clearing 3~5man HE content in WoD or IWD without any SS slotted.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    k9. I've tested it, and thoroughly.

The 10% extra, giving immunity to depletion-on-damage, is such a powerful and useful tool that losing whatever other small function from other class features and gaining the immunity through Tenacious Concealment more than makes up for it. Both in PvE and PvP.

In PvE, now you don't really need any Shadow Strike. In PvP, any class that used to rely on DoTs to just neuter whatever stealth, even if one uses SS to renew it, is now officially gone. No stray shot, no lucky hit, no Steal Time or whatever will ever drain your stealth again. The only thing that ends stealth prematurely is your own attacks. In terms of defense, when you are repositioning or buying some distance and recharge time, you have the entire stealth duration guaranteed, and nobody can take that away from you.

It's absolutely worth it. It is why I've commented before, "the re-stealth issues are now over".

...and it is. Really.

You're right mate but my opinion is we have the "only class mechanic" that have "disadvantage" this Tenacious Concealment will eat one passive so instead of being fast and agile using sneak attack we will lose that bonus movement speed. Again this TC will be there all of the time.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You're right mate but my opinion is we have the "only class mechanic" that have "disadvantage" this Tenacious Concealment will eat one passive so instead of being fast and agile using sneak attack we will lose that bonus movement speed. Again this TC will be there all of the time.

That's simply because our class mechanic is, even with depletion, still one of the most powerful in game.

■ It's a 100% guaranteed crit.
    ■ It's (at default) 15% damage buff from Combat Advantage
    ■ It's one of the most powerful defense tools (100% mitigation, since enemies cannot attack what they cannot see (generally))
    ■ It's a huge movement speed buff (when slotted with class feature)

Prior to stealth depletion, it also used to guarantee an endless stream of uncontested, one-sided attack from the TR to its victim. The only thing that changed with stealth depletion, is that this part was removed.

Comparing it to other [tab] mechanics are simply pointless. If its enough to get its job done for me, and without breaking relative balance between classes, then that's fine IMO.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I do intend to try the Tenacious Concealment off-hand. On my first venture, I didn't realize I could get different modifiers if I kept buying them, and didn't have a lot of AD to sink into cubes.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    That's simply because our class mechanic is, even with depletion, still one of the most powerful in game.

■ It's a 100% guaranteed crit.
    ■ It's (at default) 15% damage buff from Combat Advantage
    ■ It's one of the most powerful defense tools (100% mitigation, since enemies cannot attack what they cannot see (generally))
    ■ It's a huge movement speed buff (when slotted with class feature)

Prior to stealth depletion, it also used to guarantee an endless stream of uncontested, one-sided attack from the TR to its victim. The only thing that changed with stealth depletion, is that this part was removed.

Comparing it to other [tab] mechanics are simply pointless. If its enough to get its job done for me, and without breaking relative balance between classes, then that's fine IMO.

The most powerful? the way I see it every TAB is equal. 6 encounter class, 4th encounter with power up version, increase attackspeed cc immunity with shield, block...... nope stealth is not OP it can be countered by AOE, DOT and CC which every class have and TR doesnt, now tell me mate how can rogues counter their TAB coupled by OP feats? with shadow strike? with tenacious concealment? with dazing strike? Stealth is like a candle it shines bright but melts :rolleyes:

Kweassa there are still 2 other paths for TR dont be selfish not all of us wants scoundrel path ok?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Block isn't a tab skill, marking is. Block is what GFs get in lieu of dodging.

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.