test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW_Legit_Community Channel Info & Discussion

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    I was always around for the past few months.

Well, then, sorry I missed you. :)
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Well, then, sorry I missed you. :)

Juggle all the classes so I'm always on as someone different.
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...without regard to the rules or respect towards others, even had to uncheck the channel a few times because it was too annoying. I know you guys (mods) are not there always but we (the community, specially the older ones) do what we can to keep that kind of people in "check"...

Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to assist in keeping the channel an enjoyable environment. I really appreciate it.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you observe member misconduct, please use our Report Misconduct function on our forums and a Moderator will investigate. If possible, links to relevant screen shots will be of enormous assistance, particularly relating to chat where @handles are displayed too.
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so i quit legit today, (i had been around since mod 2) the masses of exploit runs and noone else that joined from legit having backbone to leave wasnt what did it though, little enough runs appart from elol go up in there anyways usualy me making some group up to help someones alt gear up if its anything not LOL, no it was the moderators coming in and telling people they couldnt co ordinate tiamat timers in chat channels anymore to use say or zone to co ordinate times, with the removeal of tia there was no reason for me to stay any longer its not like i can warn others in channel that this or that group exploits like you could in old days, moderators make sure ninjas remain protected and exploiters get a free run while anyone that would raise the fact that this or that exploit is being used is threatened into silence. but mostly it was removing the one last utility that it had which was co ordinating tia runs o and i realy like being told if i want to complain i should give my email details to a random third party so you can then ignore it without people in channel having to read it
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so i quit legit today, (i had been around since mod 2) the masses of exploit runs and noone else that joined from legit having backbone to leave wasnt what did it though, little enough runs appart from elol go up in there anyways usualy me making some group up to help someones alt gear up if its anything not LOL, no it was the moderators coming in and telling people they couldnt co ordinate tiamat timers in chat channels anymore to use say or zone to co ordinate times, with the removeal of tia there was no reason for me to stay any longer its not like i can warn others in channel that this or that group exploits like you could in old days, moderators make sure ninjas remain protected and exploiters get a free run while anyone that would raise the fact that this or that exploit is being used is threatened into silence. but mostly it was removing the one last utility that it had which was co ordinating tia runs o and i realy like being told if i want to complain i should give my email details to a random third party so you can then ignore it without people in channel having to read it

The Tiamat channel timer is still under discussion, I'll definitely put it in that players are quitting due to the new timer system. If there's anything I can do to convince you to come back, let me know!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The real problem wasnt the timer, all times could work and do work.

Here is the real issue, every few hours a flare up would happen for some odd reason, based around tiamat, either zone broadcasting, or timer related, or people having difference of opinions on how to protect clerics.

Even that wasnt the issue, it was then getting to the point of violating both the rules of the channel and the spirit of the community by calling people out, swearing at people and using personal attacks instead.

I really didnt like it, nor did many others.

I wasnt for zone broadcasting and it wasn't because I wanted to keep "scrubs" or "leaches" out, its was simply due to the fact that I wanted to run with the people in channel and wanted the best opportunity to run with those people.

I simply failed to understand the 3-4 people who were adamant that it be broadcasted, nor did any one of them give me a justifiable reason they did.

I prefer the change to a private channel, not sure if I like some of the tiamat adjustments, I did prefer to shout out in channel what zone I was in, it took all of ten to fifteen seconds to do this, we grouped up or not afterwards and you didnt here about anything until it was instance 16, failed, or instance 12, 2 rounder.

I think they had to make it private due to the extreme nature of attacks, not only against moderators, but to others in channel, I mean some days it was just as bad as zone chat, because people knew they couldn't be kicked, now they can.

So maybe that will prevent the personal attacks that were occurring.
  • pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    ..I think they had to make it private due to the extreme nature of attacks, not only against moderators, but to others in channel, I mean some days it was just as bad as zone chat, because people knew they couldn't be kicked, now they can.

So maybe that will prevent the personal attacks that were occurring.

I'm pretty sure this was the main reason for the change, like I said in my post, "no regards to the rules, nor respect towards others". Now with this changes I have seen (and this was only yesterday and today obviously) a HUGE change in attitude from some people that used to be some of the ones that would simply not care about any rules and were insulting people when they did not agree with them or they say something they did not liked. I really look forward to the future of the channel, hopefully it will be what it used to be.
    edited February 2015
    its not like i can warn others in channel that this or that group exploits like you could in old days, moderators make sure ninjas remain protected and exploiters get a free run while anyone that would raise the fact that this or that exploit is being used is threatened into silence

Discussion of exploits is not permitted in the legit channel, full stop. Send PMs if you want to warn people, but don't discuss anything about exploits. There is also no naming or shaming in-channel, (just like here on these forums). Ninjas aren't protected, as you say - we just won't allow blind accusations to be flung around. These rules are in place to protect the channel and its users. If you observe someone breaking the rules, submit a GM ticket in-game and/or follow our process for reporting rule breakers over at www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The solution taken is great, the popularity and quality of the chat has attracted over time many players looking for a good channel of LFG even without knowing the principles that are the basis of the chat.

Personally I've never had problems with members of the chat in dungeons, otherwise I would have been the first to report them ;)

Join www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are you grandfathering people, or going to purge all?
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited February 2015
    Are you grandfathering people, or going to purge all?

No one that is already in the channel will be kicked. Do be aware, however, that even existing channel members will be held accountable to the new channel rules, (see my signature), and can be kicked for violating them.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A public channel has no working moderation tools. Mute is bugged, and kicked people can rejoin immediately. Going private was the only real tool, and even that was resisted for a very long time.

Tiamat is a moderation nightmare. Some people in the channel think that we own any time we call, and that outsiders are not welcome. We had about 10 minutes of constant spam every hour along with people naming and shaming AFKers, time leakers, and GS discrimination. I don't know how many times I read the words "low GS scrubs" Tiamat brought too much elitism. It is also one reason we do so few dungeons delves now: people are doing Tiamat, and the Tia spam makes it harder to form groups when DD starts. Correct me if I'm wrong, Bio or Damnacious, but Legit is not meant to be an exclusionary channel. That's why it was public for so long.

It is not only an exploit free, non discriminatory LFG channel. It's a place where new people learned to play their classes without being called names and otherwise insulted. When I heard about, and joined, the channel, I was still using Ice Storm and Repel in dungeons. 10K GS was average. Strategies were still needed to beat T1 and T2 dungeons. I spent months lurking in the channel, just reading and learning before I ever joined one of their groups. When I finally ran with a legit group, it was a total 180 from PUGging. These people actually had patience, explained the strat, and recommended powers when asked. I learned proper AE rotations, which passives were best to slot, and how to time big hits with EotS.

If not for this channel, I'd have quit long ago out of boredom and frustration.

Over the next year, I became more active. I taught what I had learned there. When I asked for one more to fill a group, I always took the first one to speak up, instead of taking the second because I knew they'd do better. I tried to help people who needed it. I ran T1 dungeons because DCs needed their HP sets, despite the fact that T1s have no drops I can use, or even sell, and it took me away from T2s and better.

It was a real honor to be asked if I wanted to help moderate.

Imagine my disgust when I hear members wanting to keep low GS scrubs (14K) out of "our" Tiamat times. When I was a low GS scrub (11K), I was welcome in CN runs. CN was something I thought I'd never run without joining some huge elite guild.

This is the reason a change was made to the timer, and it's worked well. I didn't even like the idea when I first heard it, but I went with it without complaint. I did it alone the first time. Maybe someone overstepped their authority. Maybe a mod or two was too heavy handed in lessening the spam. I don't know. That decision is above my paygrade. Now the only Tia spam is complaints about that change, which should die out soon. I've never had such a high rate of success. I've never done it faster. I've never seen so many legits in one instance. Of course it's not perfect, but it was working better than random times.

We don't exclude and insult. We teach.

I'm sorry to hear that you quit, archanarchist. I hope you come back, and I hope you report any exploiters you see in our groups, at our forums. We can't stop what we can't see.
    edited February 2015
    aulduron wrote: »

Tiamat is a moderation nightmare. People in the channel think that we own any time we call, and that outsiders are not welcome.

No we didnt have the right of any time, since its open queue, but we ALREADY had 50% more new people joining the channel, that was quite enough to already help out, educate , ect.. the open zone spamming shouldn't have happened either, just to allow those in channel to be able to run together as much as possible.

Legit is no elite run channel, lots of time things are accomplished simply by players understand their roles/builds better, with the deluded runs, it become near impossible to accomplish at times.

Also, the whole point was to get as many legit people in one instance as possible, by spam broadcasting it, it wasnt helping. To me I had no issues with poeple joining the CHANNEL and abiding by the channel rules, helping to create a better gaming community together. Which as you stated, IS the only reason Im still in this game as well. So that we do agree on.

I didnt name or shame, I simply said, some people will always be jerks, and that its how we react to them, that defines us. Some people went crazy though and started naming and shaming, asking for bans and ect. Then craziness ensued. I think there was enough fault on all sides to pass around.

Anyone is welcome to join the channel, its how your attitude is after that point that allows you to stay now, which is good.
    edited February 2015
    I never meant to imply that you did anything wrong, nor did I mean to contradict anything you said.

There, I added a word.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Folks, please use NW_Legit_Community's site, or private messages or in-game tells to discuss issues with the chanel. The official forums are not the place to discuss such, as that is not permitted on these forums as the forum staff here cannot properly moderate complaints and community issues that happen within a Custom Chat Channel in game. Such needs to be handled either privately with Channel Operators via private messages or tells, or through their community site provided for their Channel. Further posts of such a nature will be moderated accordingly. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Let me start off by saying that I fully understand why this change was made.
    But the easy access to /legit was one of the reasons new players joined up in the first place. Now that people have to sign up (possibly twice, I don't know how Shiv works. I prefer to host my own forums independently), I fear less people will make the effort to join. You can argue that that's their loss, but still. I believe /legit is too valuable an asset to the game to see it go private.

All in all it's a shame it has come to this.

Yea, im not all that comfortable having to sign up for something just to have an opinion. It involves the game, it should be something we can discuss within the games official forums. Especially in the one forum section set aside for this very type of discussions.

I will continue to lurk quietly on the channel, I still find it useful. But I cant help but feel like I'm no longer wanted as a member unless I suddenly relocate to the new club house and start drinking the cool aid.
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, im not all that comfortable having to sign up for something just to have an opinion. It involves the game, it should be something we can discuss within the games official forums. Especially in the one forum section set aside for this very type of discussions.

I will continue to lurk quietly on the channel, I still find it useful. But I cant help but feel like I'm no longer wanted as a member unless I suddenly relocate to the new club house and start drinking the cool aid.

Trust me, it is completely optional for existing members to sign up for the new forums. You're a full member of our community just be being in the channel!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited February 2015
    I never meant to imply that you did anything wrong, nor did I mean to contradict anything you said.

There, I added a word.

I like words!

well most of them :o
    edited February 2015
    I dont know, people are willing to spend a hour of their life for a little blue useless pet (not that IVE ever done such a thing =)
    I think they can send some info and join.
    edited February 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    I dont know, people are willing to spend a hour of their life for a little blue useless pet (not that IVE ever done such a thing =)
    I think they can send some info and join.

I wholeheartedly appreciate that the forum mods have set aside a little corner for us here, but trying to cram all the possible legit-related stuff into one thread is too much. Our own forums allow a much better way of managing things, while also giving us a bit more say over what is allowed. We'll still use this thread for periodic updates or other general legit stuff, but if you have specific questions or concerns, please do direct them to www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly appreciate that the forum mods have set aside a little corner for us here, but trying to cram all the possible legit-related stuff into one thread is too much. Our own forums allow a much better way of managing things, while also giving us a bit more say over what is allowed. We'll still use this thread for periodic updates or other general legit stuff, but if you have specific questions or concerns, please do direct them to www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com

How do you interact on the Legit forum? I have a shivtr account and go to the forum site, but I don't have permission to do anything :) And it appears that I have a message, but it made me download and install some add so I could view it and then it opened another tab with what looks like some other program. Perhaps some directions for the new site would help everyone, or maybe it's just me being incompetent? :)
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

edited February 2015
    shiani1 wrote: »
    How do you interact on the Legit forum? I have a shivtr account and go to the forum site, but I don't have permission to do anything :) And it appears that I have a message, but it made me download and install some add so I could view it and then it opened another tab with what looks like some other program. Perhaps some directions for the new site would help everyone, or maybe it's just me being incompetent? :)

There should be a link to apply to the legit forums in the upper left.

There is no software needed to view messages - that's probably one of the ads on the page that we are forced to display...

Yeah, I just double-checked - there's an ad banner at the top middle of the page. Your actual mail icon is in the upper right - it's a small envelope icon.
    edited February 2015
    See if this link works for you http://nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/users/sign_up
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Thanks for trying. I just tried that and keep getting the same thing. Then I saw the apply button, so I applied. Maybe that will change what I see. Thanks!
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    shiani1 wrote: »
    Thanks for trying. I just tried that and keep getting the same thing. Then I saw the apply button, so I applied. Maybe that will change what I see. Thanks!
    Looks you're all set up now. :)
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This channel has become yet another of Zebular's playgrounds to single out players and hide behind his monitor. Quite the joke.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is there more to the forums that can only be seen once you sign up? Because all I can see are the 4 rules and guidelines posts. If you need to be signed up to even have the rest of the forums visible, thats a little disappointing.
    edited March 2015
    Is there more to the forums that can only be seen once you sign up? Because all I can see are the 4 rules and guidelines posts. If you need to be signed up to even have the rest of the forums visible, thats a little disappointing.
    You need to submit an application to the channel for gain access to the channel and its forums. Signing up is just for a Shivtr account (akin to Enjin).
    edited March 2015

Do you have any suggestions on how we can possibly improve this aspect of our community? I'm one of legit's channel operators and I helped build the current site, so if you have any suggestions or feedback feel free to send it to me on these forums, in-game, or on legit's forums!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    edited March 2015

Do you have any suggestions on how we can possibly improve this aspect of our community? I'm one of legit's channel operators and I helped build the current site, so if you have any suggestions or feedback feel free to send it to me on these forums, in-game, or on legit's forums!
    dulopa4e1d9.png