test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW_Legit_Community Channel Info & Discussion

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I think that legit is just suffering from the state of the game. I think if the game improves with the upcoming mod 6 changes, legit will improve right along with it. I used to put together runs all the time and I just don't lately, my policy was always first four and go. There used to be many others that did the same, because of dungeons being ran less and less, this just doesn't happen lately. If dungeons have more of a point to run again, I think you'll see more people like me organising stuff more often and things will improve because of it.

I agree. Overall population is a bit down. People just aren't running dungeons because there's Tiamat. People aren't really able to get involved and queue up together for Tiamat so the most I've seen is Legit having their own timer.
    Overall I find the channel helpful and useful.

I find the channel to be mostly friendly and helpful. It produces good conversation too, much more than I expected. I guess maybe any mention of gearscore automatically labels people as elitists because I have rarely seen (if any) disrespectful talk from people in this channel even when gearscore is brought up
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just like any community there are the "good" people, and the "bad" people.

I've NEVER seen a channel mod do or say anything inappropriate. That definitely cannot be said for other members of the channel. There are some juvenile people that just "wont let it go". Those people for some reason have the need to beat the resurrected zombie horse back into the ground.

The only real problems I have seen manifest of late is a simple lack of respect for other people. The "I can be obnoxious because its the Internet" attitude seems to be rearing its ugly head, more so of late. Big ego people with chips on their shoulder that just don't know when to "let it lie". People that MUST be right at all costs, and anyone else with a contrary opinion is wrong. Its the people who get warned about their current subject, get their knickers in a twist, and then decide to push even harder.

An example would be someone in the channel posts the name of someone...i.e. "@player just kicked us all from the dungeon...dont group with them" A mod mentions that there is no 'naming and shaming' in the channel...and which point some other user will feel the need to argue, or post the name again, with something like 'what, we can't let others know that @player should not be grouped with?'

Again, a simple lack of respect for others is the biggest problem I see.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is NOT the venue to air out channel drama. Take it up with the channel mods somewhere OTHER than here. This has been said multiple times in this very thread. Please adhere to it. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is such a typical response from the channel, don't say our channel bad... blah blah blah. The channel already got a rotten reputation from a lot of people due to things like the above mentioned. What happens then, some admin channel mod comes in here and tries to silence it as fast as possible, so that the fire doesn't spread. Just cause he is part of the channel. Sigh the truth needs come out what is happening in the channel and not wipe it underneath the rugged with the rest of the dirt.

True there a lot of good people in the channel, but some of the rotten apples is high up in the channel and are being protected by (x) rules. So that they can continue to pollute and rot the channel further. The channel got over 5000 members to date, most people are lured to the channel from false promises such as we run legit, we will help members, blah blah blah, etc. But what they don't realize is that such things doesn't really happen anymore. Legit runs, whats that, most members skip huge amount of stuff, because they want to farm for (Return of investment). So they skip content, so this is not legit. They do zerg runs, where they blatently stated that doing zerg runs is against the impurity of the game and that they won't do it. What happened now they do zerg runs such hippocrates.

Then people come to the channel forums to express their dissatisfaction with what is happening in the channel they joined, so that they might listen. But instead they are told to keep quiet, its not for public discussion.

The channel is truly in a very sad state, from the once bright beacon the channel once shown.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This game is going through a lot of turnover, and so is Legit. Many of the big people in the channel have quit, while many new people have started. It's hard to keep the channel consistent when the players are not.

Unless you exploit a flaw in the dungeon design, skipping mobs is legit.

The only way to do Tiamat anymore is to zerg it. There is no choice.

I've been in the channel for over a year, and have no idea which bad apples you're talking about.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    This is such a typical response from the channel, don't say our channel bad... blah blah blah. The channel already got a rotten reputation from a lot of people due to things like the above mentioned. What happens then, some admin channel mod comes in here and tries to silence it as fast as possible, so that the fire doesn't spread. Just cause he is part of the channel. Sigh the truth needs come out what is happening in the channel and not wipe it underneath the rugged with the rest of the dirt.

True there a lot of good people in the channel, but some of the rotten apples is high up in the channel and are being protected by (x) rules. So that they can continue to pollute and rot the channel further. The channel got over 5000 members to date, most people are lured to the channel from false promises such as we run legit, we will help members, blah blah blah, etc. But what they don't realize is that such things doesn't really happen anymore. Legit runs, whats that, most members skip huge amount of stuff, because they want to farm for (Return of investment). So they skip content, so this is not legit. They do zerg runs, where they blatently stated that doing zerg runs is against the impurity of the game and that they won't do it. What happened now they do zerg runs such hippocrates.

Then people come to the channel forums to express their dissatisfaction with what is happening in the channel they joined, so that they might listen. But instead they are told to keep quiet, its not for public discussion.

The channel is truly in a very sad state, from the once bright beacon the channel once shown.

Find one specific that zerg as in big pulls is not legit, yeah campfire bypassing isn't, but big pulls there is no cheating in that. There is no cheating in not doing some side rooms that aren't required by the dungeon. As far as purity of the game goes, I have no idea what you are talking about unless you want to roleplay, which most mmo players don't want to do. I'm sure you can find some as dnd mmos has a slightly higher number of them, but if you aren't cheating you are playing legit.
  • sale0007sale0007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello everyone!
    Just came here to thank this community for all the help till now!
    I started to play this game long time ago (long before HR came) but i was constantly on/off because of a college and a job. But every time i returned people from this community helped me with questions, advices and dungeon runs.... I even got full Draconic Templar set cause of you guys.
    I know i'm not active in chat much (mostly cause i'm limited with time so i try to do as much as possible in short time), but i hope to see you all in game again and make a lot of successful and fun runs together! :)

ING: Salky
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just want to personally say, "thank you," to the legit channel as a whole. If it were not for legit I probably would have quit playing Neverwinter when I first hit 60 due to the level of elitism in this game outside of this channel. Through the channel I found my guild and I have found a few friends. I even got my mate to play this game now partially because of legit. Because of legit I have had a wonderful max level end game experience and I look forward to participating at level 70 as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Folks,

I just wanted to let you know that we at NW_Legit_Community haven't forgotten about you! We are doing a lot of work behind the scenes to improve the channel and expand what it has to offer. Many of the specifics are still being ironed out, so I don't have too many details for you at this time. Rest assured that NW_Legit_Community isn't going anywhere soon, and to those of you have voiced your concerns over the behavior of some in-channel, we have taken the feedback to heart, and are working to improve things.

Thanks for your support,
    Biostem
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was poking through the thread, and after seeing quite a few complaints, I'm going to let you all know that if you encounter a problem with the NW_legit_community channel and I'm online (@katamaster81899) you can always send me a PM - I'm a moderator for NW_legit. Even if I'm not online, you can always send me a forum or in-game message!

Hope to see you all in the NW_legit_community channel!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • whoraywhoray Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I need help can someone pls help me set my settings to accept trades and partys ive tried resetting options to default but nothing I do seems to work
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    whoray wrote: »
    I need help can someone pls help me set my settings to accept trades and partys ive tried resetting options to default but nothing I do seems to work

You really picked an odd place to decide to post this.

It sounds like you set yourself to invisible. Press O to go to your social page. At the bottom right, click the Preferences button. Change your settings to visible.
    edited February 2015

You can try typing /unhide into the chat box, then pressing enter.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    To expand on the great advice already given above and in case you've used some chat commands from STO or CO, or somehow managed to toggle things, type each of the following in chat in their own line:

/Whitelist_Chat 0
    /Whitelist_Duels 0
    /Whitelist_Emails 0
    /Whitelist_Invites 0
    /Whitelist_Tells 0
    /Whitelist_Trades 0
    /hide
    /unhide

The whitelist commands can take up to 15 minutes to take affect. Then, press O (by default, open your Social screen) and click on Preferences on the bottom right. In that new window, make sure you're set to Visible to All and Looking for Party.
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Dear Neverwinter Community:

As many of you may have experienced or commented on, the NW_Legit_Community channel is used by many people, but has veered away from it's original purpose. Over the past year or so, I have enlisted some great people to help moderate the channel, but the tools at our disposal are sorely lacking. I want to see the channel continue to be a useful place for folks to come together and help one-another, but I need your help!

It is simply not feasible to rely solely on kicking or muting problem members, as those functions aren't 100% reliable, and in some cases, completely innocent people get the action applied to them instead. It is for these reasons that I appeal to you, the community, to help keep the channel a great place to be. I'd like to hear you feedback on how we can better maintain order, while also remaining a welcoming place for new and current players.

Thank you for your time,
    Biostem

TinyURL to this post: http://tinyurl.com/qxj66uf

I have been a member of legit since back in the pre-mod2 days, when the community had less than 10% of its current membership. I always enjoy the people in it, even though with any group, as the size increases a few bad apples inevitably turn up.

Sadly I think the recent game releases have also affected the legit community; either by turning people off from the game, giving people so many dailies that grouping for dungeons is too time consuming to even making dungeon runs obsolete, by dropping t1 and t2 gear in the HEs and the tiamat run. Also, Tiamat really destroy peoples available time because it you are farming for OHs and amulets, let alone boons, multiplied by the number of toons on your account, you really have no time to do anything else.

But through it all, the community has been decent even though there have been growing pains.

On tenet of legit that I enjoy is the fact that we do not discriminate on gear score. While I have been playing the game for over 20 months now, I have accumulated enough wealth (sadly in game only), power, and account wide items that allow me to have even brand new level 60s start with more gear score than my first few toons had after a few months of playing. However, I was not always like this, and even I remember the days where I was playing with only 7.5k to 8k gs. Back then, it was reassuring that legit still welcomed me, regardless of my gear.

All this said, the tiamat battle seems to affecting us all a lot, and unfortunately mostly in a negative way. Most of the chat in the channel is about the tiamat battle, even during DD time, it is difficult to get a group (although less difficult during the half hour where tiamat is not running.) But the worst thing is is that people talk about the tiamat battle and start being elitist...

People complain about low gear score "scrubs" in tiamat, or low DPS groups. People in channel have named and shamed others for the horrible (sic) crime of leaking the time we plan on going in to tiamat to the zone chat. Seriously, I have seem them name and shame over this crime that is not against any rule whatsoever. Anyone from zone can join legit and get the time themselves... If this is not an elitist attitude that people think that tiamat time must remain a secret, I do not know what is.

I understand the that the amount of linus need to get your artifact equipment and boons is a huge grind. I understand that failing the battle wastes all the time put into it for that purpose. This is a battle that is full with problems. Server Lag, AFKers, and Leavers, yet everyone wants to blame low gs people that Cryptic says have enough gs to complete the battle.

To take an elitist attitude and blame others is not helpful. I know I need a lot of successful tiamat runs, but then again so do low gs people. Instead of complaining to the channel, why not help some of the people in the battle? At the very least they are not to blame... Ask PWE to have the devs create a way for party queues so it is not a huge pug event, ask for the requirements to be raised, but trying to blame peopler for not having high enough gearscore when the game says they do is not helping.

But the thing that really takes the cake happened earlier today.. A channel mod complained about the low gearscore people around him/her in tiamat in the channel. Again, I understand the frustration, but as bad as it is for members of the channel to engage in this behavior, it is much worse when the people who should be setting an example for the channel do it. I will not name and shame but I will forward the screenshot to biostem.

All this gs elitism must stop... even when dealing with tiamat. We should engage in how to actually play effectively, not by blaming others. While I do not have low gs toons anymore, (except leveling ones) this attitude will not help us grow as a channel and get people that may be low gs now, but will not be that way after they run content with our community.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
    edited February 2015
    Everything you said is completely true. This game has changed a whole lot this past two modules, and while we've gained a lot of new members, we've also lost many of the core members of our community. Tiamat has indeed caused a plethora of incidents needing moderation, as individuals seem to think that the "offense" of "leaking a time" in zone somehow voids the rule of naming and shaming. Rest assured that the moderator team does everything in our power to prevent these things from happening - However, there's only so much we can do with our nonexistent moderation tools.

As for the incident with the channel moderator behaving in an innapropriate behavior, if you send me that moderators handle I'll make sure that it gets investigated.

Whenever somebody breaks the channel rules, and no moderator takes action, you should PM one if they are online, and if not, screenshot it and send it to me, Dorgan, Bioshrike, or any other legit moderator!

Thanks for your honest opinion, and letting us know what you think is going on!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly Tiamat has had and still has so many issues with it, it doesn't surprise me. I think you'd have to be a saint to never get angry about Tiamat. I think everyone just needs to remember that when it gets to that point to just log off first and chill out doing something else for a while.
    edited February 2015
    Exactly. However, a moderator complaining about low gs is never a good thing. That means I gotta get Dorgan/Bio to look into it.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm a relatively new member to the legit channel, (since mod 5) but want to just say that I appreciate it very much. I have had zone chat turned off since shortly after joining the game (a few months after it went live) because it was such childish spam. So the only people I've really interacted with are those in my small guild. It's really nice to be a part of a channel where people are respectful and helpful, but also where interesting game things are discussed. I get that it's having some growing pains, but just wanted to say that relatively speaking, it's still very valuable and appreciated.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

edited February 2015
    Dear members of the Neverwinter Legit Community:

We have some exciting news regarding the channel! After collecting player feedback, as well as observations from myself and fellow channel moderators, we are going to be making some big changes to the channel. Our hope is that these changes lead to a more tightly-knit community, while also serving to better maintain a pleasant and supportive environment for all channel members.

Before I get into the specific details of this new implementation, let me first introduce Damnacious, (@damnacious in-game). He stepped up early on to assist with moderating the channel, and has since gone above and beyond that simple directive. While I shall retain overall ownership of NW_Legit_Community, Damnacious will now be the primary person in change of its operation.

We now also have our own website and forums, and I encourage everyone who is interested in the channel to visit the below link for more info: http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/users/sign_up

Now, to the nitty-gritty:

1. NW_Legit_Community will be going private. As before, everyone is welcome to join, but by making the channel private, we have a lot more control over how issues within the channel are handled. As some of you may have seen, a problem member can be kicked from an open channel, but immediately rejoin. This change rectifies that situation. It also means that we won't have to employ the mute function, as it likewise has unintended side effects - like sometimes muting the wrong person.

2. The channel rules have been updated: http://nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2012389

3. As I previously mentioned, we have our own forums now, (forum rules below): http://nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2028754

In a fairly short time you will be required to apply for a free account at shivtr.com, then send a request to join nw_legit_community once it is made private, (via the above forums). Again, I want to stress that the channel shall remain open to everyone, and that these changes are being made to help us maintain a friendly and constructive atmosphere in the channel. There is a feedback section on those forums, so you may provide your input on these changes there as well.

Thank you all for your continued support, and here to many great things to come!
    edited February 2015
    Folks, just wanted to provide a quick update that the changes to the channel have been made, and the forums are up & running. I have updated the original post of this thread to reflect the changes as well, (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?742041-NW_Legit_Community-Channel-Info-amp-Discussion&p=6248071&viewfull=1#post6248071).
  • pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for making it private, I chatted with you in game about this a couples of months ago, told you that someone told me about you guys making the channel private a possibility. But given that we increase in size way fast and, the people joining just use the channel as a kind of "I-WIN" channel while keeping the zone/lfg attitude, it was needed to do that change. Again thanks guys for finally making this tough decisions.
    edited February 2015
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for making it private, I chatted with you in game about this a couples of months ago, told you that someone told me about you guys making the channel private a possibility. But given that we increase in size way fast and, the people joining just use the channel as a kind of "I-WIN" channel while keeping the zone/lfg attitude, it was needed to do that change. Again thanks guys for finally making this tough decisions.

We've known for about a month that we were going to go invite only, but it took a while to rewrite all of the rules, write all of the forum rules, build the website, etc. I'm glad to see it's receiving a positive response!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...someone told me about you guys making the channel private a possibility.

*Shakes fist*

Who told you our little secret??! When I find out who...:mad::rolleyes:

I'm glad you like the changes. It's good to receive feedback and even better when it's positive towards changes we've made. Thanks!

I hope you continue to enjoy the channel!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sooo.... How are you supposed to apply if you have no main character? And what is a @handle?

Pardon my dumbness.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Sooo.... How are you supposed to apply if you have no main character? And what is a @handle?

Pardon my dumbness.
    @ghoulz66 is your @handle. That's all you need to apply.
  • pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    damnacious wrote: »
    *Shakes fist*

Who told you our little secret??! When I find out who...:mad::rolleyes:

I'm glad you like the changes. It's good to receive feedback and even better when it's positive towards changes we've made. Thanks!

I hope you continue to enjoy the channel!

I could tell you the name of the person, but I pride myself in let say keeping my sources confidential and keeping the information to myself unless things like this happens. That person was the actual reason I stayed in the channel along with some friends of mine, knowing that the private channel change was a possibility, and we knew that it was going to happen, it was just a matter of when. I started playing in July 2013 (@guaraguao34 is my original account which I play as much as any, love my GF way much, the one I use here was the second account I made), then join the channel in November or December of that year, I like to keep quiet and watch the chat for anything interesting, only say something when someone need help and I have actual info or to remind someone of the channel rules, aka to behave. Things were GREAT until tiamat was announce, the channel started to grow WAY FAST, and too bad most were people who were looking for the "I-WIN" place without regard to the rules or respect towards others, even had to uncheck the channel a few times because it was too annoying. I know you guys (mods) are not there always but we (the community, specially the older ones) do what we can to keep that kind of people in "check", it was working but now feels like we are overrun. I'm just glad that that person told me about that possibility. It's a good thing that you guys actually did it, hopefully this will make the channel a better place like it used to be.
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    @ghoulz66 is your @handle. That's all you need to apply.

Guess gotta roll the dice on who's the main. Now I'm one step closer to becoming a chronic liar:(
    edited February 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

Pardon my dumbness.

In the chat options, (accessed by pressing the little gear/cog icon in the upper left of the chat typing area), you can set your options to display people's @handles when they type in chat. This is useful, because I could have a character named "Bob", and so could someone else, and if you wanted to make sure to which person you were responding, you could go by their @handle. A character's name need not be unique, but a person's @handle is...

I also just wanted to add that you can email or send private messages to someone using *just* their @handle - no need to type in their full character name.

Anyway, hope to see you around sometime!
    edited February 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Anyway, hope to see you around sometime!

I was always around for the past few months.