test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW_Legit_Community Channel Info & Discussion

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Neither I, nor any of the channel moderators, have any control over people getting kicked from individual teams; We only moderate behavior within the channel. If you see someone acting up in-channel, please make sure to ask if there are any moderators in, (in case they were playing and didn't notice the offending behavior), and let them review it and take action. For the aforementioned instance, all I can advise is to report them to a GM.

Yeah I know that , usually I ignore such drama but it just really ticked me off that a guy got kicked from what is a fairly easy dungeon just because people couldn't or wouldn't take literally two or three minutes to explain the fight , as far as I knew Legit is supposed to be new player friendly after all , I must admit a few people did wade in to defend the new guy and to criticize the kicker.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah I know that , usually I ignore such drama but it just really ticked me off that a guy got kicked from what is a fairly easy dungeon just because people couldn't or wouldn't take literally two or three minutes to explain the fight , as far as I knew Legit is supposed to be new player friendly after all , I must admit a few people did wade in to defend the new guy and to criticize the kicker.

I hear you - the issue is that once you get in that team, it becomes a different dynamic; You are no longer "out there" for others to come in and support the new player or moderate the discussion. A team is a much more closed-in experience, and the consequences for not communicating can be disastrous.

Especially in the case of an inexperienced player, admitting your lack of knowledge can be intimidating, and player expectations may override one's ability to step back and ask those "first hello" questions... "has everyone run this before"? "everyone know what to do?" and so on...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've been a channel member for well over a year now and, although i'm biased, i've found the channel to be a haven of sorts where i've met a lot of awesome people and learned a lot about the game.

I think the thing to remember about the channel is that out of the 4,100+ members, there may be a couple of members that might not be as welcoming, helpful and considerate as the majority. I'm not sure realistically how this could be avoided given the size of the member base.

What is evident is that many people seem to also believe the channel is a fantastic community where they can chat with like minded people, make friends and find parties to run content without exploiting. This is evident by the continued significant growth of the channel and the minimal problems it may experience.

Quite simply, the channel may not be to everyone's liking and unfortunately it is unlikely to ever be so. However, if people don't like it, the simplest method to address the issue is to leave it.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    i find Legit to be overun by elitist tools. Majority are nice (if not defensive), often claiming GS doesn't matter to them, but i find it ironic that they discuss 'theorycraft' for BiS gear/builds alot. It's a good place to find well-geared players to run DD/elol alongside with, as you bask in their benevolent grace to assist you. Yet, more often it comes with a 'i'm better than you advice' of how to play this n that, what you should do for best performance as a whole. So, you pretty much find the same kind of ppl anywhere. Legit plays the game as intended within the rules. No use of shortcuts/glitches/exploits/bugs/cheats, ect. How noble of them. Head swollen?

I disagree with your negative connotations of the channel. We don't care about your Gear Score like Zone or LFG GS elitist do. They will kick you at the drop of a hate if you won't meet they minimum requirements. We don't care about nyour Gear Score because you don't have to advertise what your GS in order to get a group.

All the channel really cares about is if you have enough Gear Score to enter the Dungeon and know the Dungeon(s) the group is gonna run. If you are new to the dungeon, let the group know. They've be more than glad to give the the gist of the Dungeon and how the boss fights work.

And we do talk about theory crafting to help players or to have a discussion between players with different perspectives. Most won't way theirs' is the one true way. We won't condemn player for their builds only for their actions and in private to the channel mods.

This is my personal opinion. But I believe that people in the channel want to play the Dungeons are the devs meant them to be played. They don't want speed runs using exploits to rush to rhe end to get rewards and just leave. They want to have play at a chosen pace be it quick or slow and leisurely; and most of all to have fun.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The channel, just like every other, does have its people you may not get along with. They don't kick anyone who is mean, or has differing opinions on stuff. They uphold certain values and beyond that, its a democratic community.

Some people get a little too worked up with people who posts gearscores - gearscores have simply become the bane of MMOs IMO, but some people really get offended by it (too much so IMO). If you can get in a dungeon, you can run it - just don't expect everything to go smoothly if you just meet the minimum.

Some people talk about stuff that every other gamer talks about...I dont see that as an issue. There are also some people who have egos and such....it isn't perfect, but its the only reason i even play anymore.
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for having the NW_Legit_Community channel. I appreciate the vast amount of information that is willingly shared in a kind manner, the encouragement from fellow players, as well as the ability to find groups.

-- Kallista Vicelord (in game).
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    i find Legit to be overun by elitist tools.

Some are, but pretty much majority of the members there are very nice and polite and willing to answer questions better than any channel.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Thread cleansed. If one has an issue with the Channel, take it to Bioshrike via Private Message. Such drama has no place on our forums. Read the Rules folks, for naming and shaming and hashing out these dramatics will not fly on this forum.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    etelgrin wrote: »
    I'm a PvPer myself, not the best one or elite, geared average, but with a glimpse od tactics and skill I managed to get some stats out of PuGs. I was wondering actually if there's similar channel like legit but for PvP purposes not overrun by <put elite pvp guild name here> but run by a casual people instead who are well geared and want to have fun out of it without having r10 & perfect vorpal / soulforged enchantments in order to get some premade party.

~Safe Travels,
    Etelgrin.

Not that I've heard of. There are several channels but it contains a few bad apples that put a damper on the reputation of the whole community even though a lot of the other players do not deserve to be grouped in the same category
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    etelgrin wrote: »
    I'm a PvPer myself, not the best one or elite, geared average, but with a glimpse od tactics and skill I managed to get some stats out of PuGs. I was wondering actually if there's similar channel like legit but for PvP purposes not overrun by <put elite pvp guild name here> but run by a casual people instead who are well geared and want to have fun out of it without having r10 & perfect vorpal / soulforged enchantments in order to get some premade party.

There's no reason why you can't advertise in the Legit channel for PVP. The channel is not exclusive to PVE only. I have often partied with others from Legit and found a party in channel.

I'm glad you enjoy the channel and hope you continue to do so!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    damnacious wrote: »
    There's no reason why you can't advertise in the Legit channel for PVP. The channel is not exclusive to PVE only. I have often partied with others from Legit and found a party in channel.

I'm glad you enjoy the channel and hope you continue to do so!

Don't think you'll find a fair fight regardless.
    edited December 2014
    Dear Legit Community,

Due to some issues that have come to light recently, I thought it important to clarify a few things, (some already covered in the rules link in my signature):

1. Any issue in which one character can negatively impact others' play experience should NOT be discussed in channel - this is an exploit and should remain out of the channel.

2. Please do not bash the game, the devs, PWE, or others in-channel. I understand that you may be angry about a decision the devs made, or how things are handled, but nw_legit_community is not the place to discuss it.

3. If asked to drop a topic by a moderator, please abide by their ruling. It is up to the moderators to decide if a topic is getting out of hand, and if they do make that call, please honor their decision.

4. Related to #3 above, please keep in mind that the channel moderators are all volunteers - they are just trying to keep peace in the channel and are drawn from players like you. Please don't argue with them - if you have a disagreement, please abide by their decision and message me (@biostem) regarding any concerns you may have.

Thanks again to everyone who contributes positively to nw_legit_community, and makes it a great place to be!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • amazoncheesecakeamazoncheesecake Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What is the difference between LFG and the legit channel? I don’t see any difference between the two. They both cut across the dungeon in TOS. They both kick people for “low GS”. They both run through PK and don’t bother with mobs and use GM help to skip part of the dungeon. I thought the purpose of the legit channel was to help find groups to run dungeons legitly. The things that I have seen legit do in pk, tos, karru, cn, fh, MC and vt use to be considered exploits by the channel and were not accepted when I used it 4 months ago. Is there any way to fix the channel or is the legit channel dead and now just and extension of lfg?
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In it's current state, it's just a bunch of elitist folks who think they know everything. The "rules" don't apply, it's just a bunch of bad apples talking smack about GS half of the time. I think they forget that everyone is/was a "****/scrub" at some point.
    edited January 2015
    There are many many people that use the legit channel, and the moderators do the best they can. Don't forget that said moderators are volunteers, and still would like to play the game. How about becoming part of the solution? Why don't you speak up and help keep order? You try getting scores of players to behave - the tools we have to do so are very limited, and often times there simply isn't a moderator on to step in. It is supposed to be a community channel, which means that we need everyone to work together. Yes, there are some bad apples that go against what the channel stands for, but as loud and abrasive as they may be, they do not speak for the channel as a whole. Regardless, if you don't like the channel, then you are free to leave.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Legit has been that way for a while, I'm one of those TRs who was denied runs before. Anyone can join so what do you expect? I doubt half of them even know why it's called legit. They are a very knowledgeable/still helpful group of people though so I keep them in a chat tab
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • amazoncheesecakeamazoncheesecake Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am not attacking the channel. I am only asking what has happened to it. My guild and I have used the channel alot in the past. We have been running guild only groups for the the last four months and have only started using the channel again lately. The things that I mentioned above are only some of the things that my guild as a group have noticed that have changed with the channel. I don't want the channel to disappear. I would like to see it fixed. Neverwinter needs a channel that doesn't care about GS, doesn't look at new players as newbs, doesn't exploit content. Neverwinter needs the old legit channel.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's been like that since m2 I guess. Just noone wanted to face and admit it :D

That's the reason many PvErs, both high geared or not really, stay away from that channel. After all...what's the use of it now? Bunch of CWs comparing their DPS and cursing at newbies using Ice Storm and then ragging at each other. Tiamat's channel will turn into something very alike soon too.
    Legit has been that way for a while, I'm one of those TRs who was denied runs before. Anyone can join so what do you expect? I doubt half of them even know why it's called legit. They are a very knowledgeable/still helpful group of people though so I keep them in a chat tab
    Exactly THIS, I've experienced that too while playing on my TR and attempting to find a group for a dungeon in there.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Legit is a mindset, not an enforcement simply by joining a channel.

In its current state, most people rather see Legit channel as a means to an end rather than finding like minded people.
    edited January 2015
    It's gotten too popular that its been overridden by your typical player.

Frankly, there is nothing terribly awful about the characteristics of those players but its just a bit different from what a "nw_legit purist" would want.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now , sad to say i lost contact from many good players from legit i knew. I mean they stoped playing, we can say old guard is almost dead already. We also keep getting new folks in, but (that will be racist now) they r like half of the imigrants on the world. They dont associate. I see somtimes ppl spaming they gs on channel and raging on me when i say its not needed. I see ppl defending them. I see ppl calling for certain classes when its totaly not needed (if my combat mod3 builded hr can be top paingiver in VT and we still can end this dung as fast as its possible without overstack of cw's [none in this case], im pretty sure ppl dont need to call for cw 18k+...). I just think bunch of skillless and clueless ppl joined us in past 2 mods, many of them is playing like "i play how i like to", i can understand that, as far as it dont affect party effectivness, using Ice Storm and Singu on pull of 50 adds actualy a bit do. Those ppl, after all, usualy r dead before i have time to grab aggro... and, what i consider the biggest sin, they refuse to learn.

Sad to say, we r not lovely channel we were when i joined.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I guess it's hard to keep the channel pure when thousands join. I haven't really experienced any of the elitism or exploits described when joining groups, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens. It would be nice if the devs would allow a MOTD to show for a channel, where the channel moderators could perhaps give a brief summary of what the channel stands for, and even a code of conduct. I'm guessing a lot of the new members just view it as another LFG channel.
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At the time I joined Legit channel, there were less than 2000 members, however there's more than 4000 members now, and at times more than 500 members online at a time. Since the ingame population has dropped, increase in quantity means decrease in quality. With the channel's open policy, it was pretty much bound to happen.

Fortunately, I haven't had a bad dungeon run since I've joined that channel, however I'm irritated by the people who treat it like their own personal chatroom.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Dear Neverwinter Community:

As many of you may have experienced or commented on, the NW_Legit_Community channel is used by many people, but has veered away from it's original purpose. Over the past year or so, I have enlisted some great people to help moderate the channel, but the tools at our disposal are sorely lacking. I want to see the channel continue to be a useful place for folks to come together and help one-another, but I need your help!

It is simply not feasible to rely solely on kicking or muting problem members, as those functions aren't 100% reliable, and in some cases, completely innocent people get the action applied to them instead. It is for these reasons that I appeal to you, the community, to help keep the channel a great place to be. I'd like to hear you feedback on how we can better maintain order, while also remaining a welcoming place for new and current players.

Thank you for your time,
    Biostem

TinyURL to this post: http://tinyurl.com/qxj66uf
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) I thought the whole point of the legit channel was to be able to group with folks that enjoy running content for the fun. Many runs end up just like any other pug from /lfg with folks running ahead and training mobs to no purpose.

2) The use of the word "scrubs" every 30 seconds, on the hour every hour (imho) does nothing but deter newer players from wanting anything to do with any run. I think people easily forget this is a F2P model game, none of us had to spend 2-4 years working to attain a certain piece. It's simply BS in this game to be an elitist GS dork.

3) I've rarely seen folks talk <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about other's builds. It would be better (imho) to HELP said person or persons, by at least pointing them in the right direction.

In summary, this channel seems to be gathering (at a steady pace) quite a few GS snobs who forgot that they started out at level 1 also. This is coming from a beta player, who hasn't taken a break and owner of 19 legendary items. Does having a bunch of Orange make me cool? Probably quite the opposite.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mh0ram wrote: »
    1) I thought the whole point of the legit channel was to be able to group with folks that enjoy running content for the fun. Many runs end up just like any other pug from /lfg with folks running ahead and training mobs to no purpose.

2) The use of the word "scrubs" every 30 seconds, on the hour every hour (imho) does nothing but deter newer players from wanting anything to do with any run. I think people easily forget this is a F2P model game, none of us had to spend 2-4 years working to attain a certain piece. It's simply BS in this game to be an elitist GS dork.

3) I've rarely seen folks talk <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about other's builds. It would be better (imho) to HELP said person or persons, by at least pointing them in the right direction.

In summary, this channel seems to be gathering (at a steady pace) quite a few GS snobs who forgot that they started out at level 1 also. This is coming from a beta player, who hasn't taken a break and owner of 19 legendary items. Does having a bunch of Orange make me cool? Probably quite the opposite.

I think that legit is just suffering from the state of the game. I think if the game improves with the upcoming mod 6 changes, legit will improve right along with it. I used to put together runs all the time and I just don't lately, my policy was always first four and go. There used to be many others that did the same, because of dungeons being ran less and less, this just doesn't happen lately. If dungeons have more of a point to run again, I think you'll see more people like me organising stuff more often and things will improve because of it.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First, there seem to be some guilds and groups who regard nw_legit as their own personal LFG channel and so when they are short one member for a guild run, they simply spam in the channel "LF1M" without even thinking about whether the run will follow standards of legit play. They just want one more warm body who knows what they are doing. This has happened to me a few times, I get recruited from nw_legit to run a dungeon, by players that I did not immediately recognize, and then once inside the dungeon I see the rest of the party using GM Help or using terrain exploits to skip mobs. At this point, it is up to the people dedicated to legit play to have a bit of backbone and tell the rest of the group that either the run should be legit or you're leaving. And I've done that, I've left a couple of runs now in the middle when the group refused to stop exploiting. Hopefully if enough players who are committed to the principles of legit play keep doing this, then those who just treat the legit channel as mere LFG will stop doing that once they realize that they are likely to find people who will give them more problems than they were counting on by leaving in the middle of the run when they engage in their exploitative behavior.

So nowadays I generally check to see if the people organizing the run are people I have seen in legit before and who have a good reputation at least as far as it is known to be, before I respond to an offer.

On the other hand, there's activity that is, IMO, "borderline" legit that I can't really fault legit players for engaging in, such as dragging roomfuls of mobs at the same time. I personally don't have a problem with it but I can understand how that tactic can be frustrating especially to those who aren't terribly geared and can't survive huge mobs at once. But I wouldn't call it an "exploit" per se.

And yes there are those who treat the channel as a quasi-guild chat. I personally don't have a problem with it, but I can see how newcomers might be put off by the apparent cliquishness of the channel at times.

And finally I have never seen in legit groups kicking "undesirable" classes from groups. Now what I *have* seen, is groups that have relatively inexperienced/undergeared players attempting to tackle potentially difficult content (e.g. ESOT, EDV, VT), and the group leader wanting to have one of a specific class in order to facilitate mere success of the group. So if I am going to organize a new and relatively undergeared group to go into EDV, I am going to insist upon 2 CWs, because while it can be done without any CWs, it becomes very very very hard if you don't have 2. Same deal with ESOT - if I"m going to organize a new group to go there, I am going to insist that a GF be in the group, because it makes the run a lot easier. But if gear and experience really aren't an issue, then which classes are along for the ride really doesn't matter. Heck I have taken 2 HRs into Castle Never, and that was back in Mod 2/Mod 3 days when it wasn't as easy as it is now. (We didn't finish, but it was fun.)

Legit is still a great place to find groups and to get helpful advice on your gear and builds, and I'm grateful that we have this channel here.

Just my 2 AD's worth.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    If ever I am in game and such disrespectful and exploitation things happen, please feel free to /tell me. We've had GM's monitor the channel before and I can put in a call for it again. A lot of times, I am on another chat tab talking with our make-shift alliance, so I often miss a lot of Legit chat. Screens of chat logs sent to me via PM here too will also be accepted.

Also, don't be shy to report any people being racist, profane, or discussing exploits via the a GM Ticket - Player Behavior, as they can then pull up chat logs of the time. Just be sure to include dates and times. If one is reporting something profane however, you'll need to use the web form, as the game's profanity filter will invalidate a report in game with profane words.

@zebular - I'm a channel op in Legit.
  • annihilumannihilum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Things I don't like currently:

- The general absence of positive behavior
    - The typical phrase of each patch: "Dev are *******" "Cryptic ******" "This game ******"
    - 22k GS nuclear bombs running forward and not waiting for others, when the rest of the group arrives all enemies are dead or pretty near
    - Inflated egos disregarding any opinion or theory, no matter the intention
    - Gratuitous insults (really love the profanity filter)

Things I like:

- Groups that carry any low GS class, taking some time to explain boss combat rules
    - People encouraging the party when failing multiple attempt at some boss
    - People who take the time to explain to new players some info paths and then answers questions about
    - Constructive conversations about gameplay mechanics
    - When you log, greet channel and get greeted back

Things I plan to do again:

- Rainbow groups with draconic set regardless of the composition
    - Dust off my Sentinel GWF to take people with less money and clothes through T1 and T2 every Sunday because is the better day of week!
    - Collaborate on anything that is useful with channel knowing my limitations

Sorry if I'm not able of express myself correctly in English.
    --
    I don't mind on control.
    I don't main on damage.
    I only mind on FUN.
    I have reached higher state of FUNNESS!
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    annihilum wrote: »
    Things I don't like currently:

- The general absence of positive behavior
    - The typical phrase of each patch: "Dev are *******" "Cryptic ******" "This game ******"
    - 22k GS nuclear bombs running forward and not waiting for others, when the rest of the group arrives all enemies are dead or pretty near
    - Inflated egos disregarding any opinion or theory, no matter the intention
    - Gratuitous insults (really love the profanity filter)

Things I like:

- Groups that carry any low GS class, taking some time to explain boss combat rules
    - People encouraging the party when failing multiple attempt at some boss
    - People who take the time to explain to new players some info paths and then answers questions about
    - Constructive conversations about gameplay mechanics
    - When you log, greet channel and get greeted back

Things I plan to do again:

- Rainbow groups with draconic set regardless of the composition
    - Dust off my Sentinel GWF to take people with less money and clothes through T1 and T2 every Sunday because is the better day of week!
    - Collaborate on anything that is useful with channel knowing my limitations

Sorry if I'm not able of express myself correctly in English.

Agree with your likes and dislikes. I just dont pay enough attention to chat to notice it, or I just ignore it. When I run with groups, I havent seen anyone using the skip exploits to date, really that was one of the big reasons I remember the channel was formed to avoid that.

Overall I find the channel helpful and useful. I dont partake in any shenanigans in dungeons, and I dont discuss controversial topics in the channel either. I keep that for the forums.

I ran a FH couple days back with a nice gorup, 1 player dc'd we didnt kick him incase he returned, sadly he never did. But was fun run with 4.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas