test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @kolatmaster

For soloing sure it does something but, unless running with a good team (were barkshield is rendered pointless for the most part) anything able to 1 shot you without bark will still do with that thing on, that's why I recommend not to get it ;)
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
  • Options
    shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Just checking in to see if our favorite guide writer has an update for us :).
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Hey everyone.

I was reading over the last few posts regarding armor enchants, and I'm wondering since my SW is using Negation is that better than the Elven Battle?

Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    fernuu said:

va8Ru.gif
  • Options

fernuu said:

One undead is summoning one soon-to-be-undead :D

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    fernuu said:

One undead is summoning one soon-to-be-undead :D

In my defense I actually signed on yesterday... lol Tried to open a new loadout to try out Damnation, but for some reason I couldn't respec my powers/feats. It was weird. Assuming a bug and will try again today/tomorrow to see what's up... B)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    @fernuu this is what I've got rocking so far:

I figured going pure Damnation/Hellbringer would be a solid way to start experimenting as the buff/debuff of PoP and the Damnation feats seem good to have the Soul Puppet benefit from both.

In no way do I know/think this is optimized, but it is a starting point... It's fun/refreshing to try something different thus far! B)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yeah I'm struggling with my HDD so can't test with ACT but on paper I thought about same build (and 2 variation with 15 points into Fury).

On the other hand, SB Fury still works nice (MF procing from SS is nice bonus).

SI from Damnation is nice boost to damage, but 1) it lasts only 15 seconds at 5 stacks (next kills doesn't refresh duration) and 2) it's useless on bosses.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    fernuu said:

Yeah I'm struggling with my HDD so can't test with ACT but on paper I thought about same build (and 2 variation with 15 points into Fury).

SI from Damnation is nice boost to damage, but 1) it lasts only 15 seconds at 5 stacks (next kills doesn't refresh duration) and 2) it's useless on bosses.

Why is SI useless on bosses?

Soul Desecration (Reworked): Your Soul Puppet no longer dissipates after 20 seconds and its attacks now recharge your encounter powers by 1 second on each hit. Your Warlock's Curse now corrupts targets, causing them to spawn a Soul Puppet when killed and when Warlock's Curse is Consumed. Soul Investiture now increase your encounter power damage by 10% per stack. Additionally, if you do not have a Soul Puppet active, you will automatically summon one. This effect has a 15 second cooldown.

It doesn't refresh after 15 Seconds and then it starts building again? :/

Note: If we trigger Warlock's Curse Consume abilities it should still give us stacks, I believe at least that's "as written", but of course you know tool tips... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    We checked it w/Kolatmaster and yeah, SI does proc on curse consume.
    Other issue is, that HB doesn't have a lot of serious curse consume :( Actually it's only Hadar's Grasp and Wraith's Shadow, but kinda useless in AoE + on single target it would take a lot of time to stack 5/5 SI due to cooldowns on HG.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    fernuu said:

We checked it w/Kolatmaster and yeah, SI does proc on curse consume.
    Other issue is, that HB doesn't have a lot of serious curse consume :( Actually it's only Hadar's Grasp and Wraith's Shadow, but kinda useless in AoE + on single target it would take a lot of time to stack 5/5 SI due to cooldowns on HG.

Looks like Soulbinder would be the Damnation DPS spec, but it doesn't bring a lot of party utility I suppose... As the HB build has nice AoE and buff/debuff.

Did we check to see if Curse Synergy triggered it @fernuu or exclusively Curse Consume as is written?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    Curse Synergy doesn't work.

But Wraith's Shadow double proc SI (curse consume and summoning puppet on reactivaton)

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    fernuu said:

Curse Synergy doesn't work.

But Wraith's Shadow double proc SI (curse consume and summoning puppet on reactivaton)

Hah! Like I thought it would... :)

So for HB Damn, against bosses, run: PoP, Hadars Grasp and Wraith's Shadow to constantly spam Encounters to keep Soul Investure up... Maybe it won't be terrible! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

fernuu said:

Soul Desecration (Reworked): Your Soul Puppet no longer dissipates after 20 seconds and its attacks now recharge your encounter powers by 1 second on each hit. Your Warlock's Curse now corrupts targets, causing them to spawn a Soul Puppet when killed and when Warlock's Curse is Consumed. Soul Investiture now increase your encounter power damage by 10% per stack. Additionally, if you do not have a Soul Puppet active, you will automatically summon one. This effect has a 15 second cooldown.

Note: If we trigger Warlock's Curse Consume abilities it should still give us stacks, I believe at least that's "as written", but of course you know tool tips... lol
    Yes, the problem is that when at five stacks you can't refresh the timer and when it ends, you have to start from zero again. Super awesome, right?

The thing is, we will never know if that is intended or not. I'm sure the devs do their best with all their hard work and remarkably extraordinary competence, skills, and intelligence.

It's just like Brood of Hadar. They worked hard to fix it. Even in all their wisdom, they had to search Reddit to find out more about the bug (since they don't allow open discussions about bugs on the forum) and from Reddit's perspicacity, the devs probably figured Hadar's Grasp was the cause of the bug, and they reworked HG a bit. At least that was the only way I could justify the slight increase in HG casting time.

However, you never needed HG for the bug to work, and so brood of Hadar is still bugged (and we can assume bugged as intended now).

Even then, people tend to overestimate the bug of Hadar effect a little bit. Sure you do see tons of hits over 500% effectiveness. Plus, when looking at the average value, ACT displays the average effectiveness per hit, not per total damage, I believe. So that will bias that perception, since lots of high effectiveness low damage dots have the same weight as regular effectiveness high damage hits (I've never seen a bugged KF, only managed to see bugged FB once).

So back to the topic, it would be great if they made those stacks refreshable when at five. You could enter boss fights at five stacks for those that don't last long and on the ones that take longer you will be able to keep them up 100%. Would also make an HB variant more viable as well.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

fernuu said:

It's just like Brood of Hadar. They worked hard to fix it. Even in all their wisdom, they had to search Reddit to find out more about the bug (since they don't allow open discussions about bugs on the forum) and from Reddit's perspicacity, the devs probably figured Hadar's Grasp was the cause of the bug, and they reworked HG a bit. At least that was the only way I could justify the slight increase in HG casting time.

However, you never needed HG for the bug to work, and so brood of Hadar is still bugged (and we can assume bugged as intended now).

Even then, people tend to overestimate the bug of Hadar effect a little bit. Sure you do see tons of hits over 500% effectiveness. Plus, when looking at the average value, ACT displays the average effectiveness per hit, not per total damage, I believe. So that will bias that perception, since lots of high effectiveness low damage dots have the same weight as regular effectiveness high damage hits (I've never seen a bugged KF, only managed to see bugged FB once).
    I think Bug of Hadar on a Hellbringer is a good dps-boost in tong/codg/CR, since all those powers like HG, WB, Hellish Rebuke, Lesser Curse, Crepping death and some procs from passives are buffed up 600%+.
    Average buff of a single power is like 375% instead of 275% in CODG, so about +100% effectiveness in the sum on >50% of your overall dps.
    That´s, ehh... at least 15% plus dps ? maybe more in some constellations
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

fernuu said:

I think Bug of Hadar on a Hellbringer is a good dps-boost in tong/codg/CR, since all those powers like HG, WB, Hellish Rebuke, Lesser Curse, Crepping death and some procs from passives are buffed up 600%+.
    Average buff of a single power is like 375% instead of 275% in CODG, so about +100% effectiveness in the sum on >50% of your overall dps.
    That´s, ehh... at least 15% plus dps ? maybe more in some constellations
    Well, I'm sure i'm a bit off. But no matter how much the effectiveness boost from BoH is, we can safely say it is WAI now.
  • Options

Greetings all!

Mod 16, or as I like to call it "Mod0", is right around the corner and I'd like to inform ya'll that I intend to return to this guide once I get a chance on Preview/Live to test out Mod0 personally. This will be built around a prior commitment to blog about the Mod0 content somewhere else...

Just figured I'd comment here to let it be known that:

va8Ru.gif
  • Options

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    The front page of this thread should become a sticky for every single forum as a reminder of where we came from in terms of what was once considered BiS.

26K HP? Holy cow, you're invincible!

35% Crit chance? Dude, you're laying the smack down!

26% Recharge speed? Slow down...you're just spamming Encounters and Dailies now.

It gives a little perspective for the "relatively" new players who are complaining that their ilevel isn't high enough or that "changes" are going to wreck their builds.

The game was fun back then even when you didn't have 100% chance on everything.....
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well to be fair, at the same contrast, mob damage and hit points have gone up as well, even fully BIS 100% crit, 200k + hitpoints, can die if not being careful, which is why they are reworking things, so people can take hits hopefully and be healed.

It seems all damage is either full bore kill everyone in a hit or two.. or it doesn't do enough to do anything. (50% of your hitpoints.. if you get a chance to hit again.. your healed to full atm)

So well those #s seem underwhelimg by today standards.. the mobs were not as crazy with arp %s up to 100%.. (or 60,80,100) breakdown we have now.

My only concern is solo play quests.. because darn.. right now.. I rely on lifesteal alot doing that.. maybe they shouldve reduced 50% effectivness of lifesteal.. get rid of the 3x boon, and no lifesteal in parties.

That couldve worked imo.

• Options
    nisckis said:

rubytrue said:

The front page of this thread should become a sticky for every single forum as a reminder of where we came from in terms of what was once considered BiS.

rubytrue said:

26K HP? Holy cow, you're invincible!

35% Crit chance? Dude, you're laying the smack down!

26% Recharge speed? Slow down...you're just spamming Encounters and Dailies now.

rubytrue said:

It gives a little perspective for the "relatively" new players who are complaining that their ilevel isn't high enough or that "changes" are going to wreck their builds.

The game was fun back then even when you didn't have 100% chance on everything.....

Well to be fair, at the same contrast, mob damage and hit points have gone up as well, even fully BIS 100% crit, 200k + hitpoints, can die if not being careful, which is why they are reworking things, so people can take hits hopefully and be healed.

It seems all damage is either full bore kill everyone in a hit or two.. or it doesn't do enough to do anything. (50% of your hitpoints.. if you get a chance to hit again.. your healed to full atm)

So well those #s seem underwhelimg by today standards.. the mobs were not as crazy with arp %s up to 100%.. (or 60,80,100) breakdown we have now.

My only concern is solo play quests.. because darn.. right now.. I rely on lifesteal alot doing that.. maybe they shouldve reduced 50% effectivness of lifesteal.. get rid of the 3x boon, and no lifesteal in parties.

That couldve worked imo.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    What preview is currently...

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    For solo play I do recommend soulweaver because the self heals, they give you life.

Personally I'm going kamikaze inside mob groups with shadow slip, pillar of power, harrowstorm (heal + curse), curse bite and then essence defiller spam.
    If the mobs are going to hit me then I shadow slip away.
    Furthermore, the sehanine moonbow helps quite a lot because the blind effect.
  • Options
    nisckis said:

For solo play I do recommend soulweaver because the self heals, they give you life.

nisckis said:

Personally I'm going kamikaze inside mob groups with shadow slip, pillar of power, harrowstorm (heal + curse), curse bite and then essence defiller spam.
    If the mobs are going to hit me then I shadow slip away.

Though I'd suggest Harrow Storm first, then Shadowslip in to Pillar of Power, then Curse Bite and intersperse with Essence Defiler as you see fit... :)
    nisckis said:

Furthermore, the sehanine moonbow helps quite a lot because the blind effect.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Heh, my current build is a soulweaver that uses sparks as a passive buff, and little else. :p Which I guess is good for soloing. Not sure how that will change in mod 12... Also my weapon enchant choice is ice, since making enemies run slower is useful to make it easier to stay out of melee range. The bonus damage is nice too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

Mod 16 Journal Entry #1

Today I logged on to Neverwinter and found every thing I'd done for the past 6 years had been undone...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So unlike my previous 'guide' formats, which are honestly more of (hopefully) entertaining ramblings on cool things I like about the Warlock at any given point, I'm thinking for Mod 16 I'm going to do more of a 'journal entry' style. By this I mean as I play, when done w/whatever amount I get done, I'll type up my thoughts/feelings/general stats/rotations/etc. into something akin to what follows. This is because my play time is a bit erratic, to say the least, as work/travel are hectic currently... In good ways, just busy! B)

In light of that this may be a tad rambling, but I hope it's still entertaining and helpful for some!

Ok, so I'm just under level 72, and I'm using the Black Dragon Ioun Stone as my Summoned companion currently. Looking into changing it to the Bulette Pup maybe or another one w/an interesting active bonus.

I've gone Soulweaver for leveling as I figured the healing would be the most beneficial over all as I wouldn't have a summoned Companion for Combat Advantage. I also really like the insane stats you get from Augments w/Bonding Runestones now. Thus far the leveling content has been pretty darn smooth w/o any major hiccups. Albeit the hardest enemy faced so far were the Iron Golems/Ogre in the 1st area Catacombs, but I played up through the campaign on the test shard before in late March (w/o an Augment) and this seems to be much easier.

My rotation generally goes: Harrowstorm in the area I want to be in, Shadowslip up to that area and then drop Pillar of Power. Then pop Cursed Bite #1, then another Harrowstorm, and then Cursed Bite #2. This is all assuming you're at Full Sparks of course when entering content, but with Essence Drain (correct name? Not sure, still getting used to things!) ready/at hand you can just start the rotation with that and refill when necessary.

Currently for Leveling my loadout is as follows:
    At Wills: Dark Spiral Aura, Essence Defiler
    Encounters: Harrowstorm, Pillar of Power, Cursed Bite/Killing Flames
    Class Features: Shadow Walk and Warding Curse
    Dailies: Tyrannical Threat, Immolation Spirits

Utilizing an Augment Pet my Stats are as follows, though please note I know I'm 4.5k low on ArmPen (wanting 60k) and WAY over on Crit (need to drop almost 30k), so adjustments will be made with Level 80 Gear:

Item Level: 18,161

Power: 72.7k

Offense:
    Acc: 62,5k
    ArmPen: 55.6k
    Crit: 89.3k
    Comb Adv: 82.8k

Defense:
    Aware: 62.2k
    Crit Avoid: 49.1k
    Defense: 54.3k
    Deflection: 51.5k

Other:
    AP Gain: 9.2%
    Crit Sev: 92.5%
    Recharge Speed: 10.5%

193k HP

Clarification #1: Above stats are w/Rank 12s/13s in Off/Def and Rank 14 Bondings.

Clarification #2: It's all what I kinda had lying around from previous Mods, so real tweaking will begin once I hit Level 80. =)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    lillith#4263 lillith Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the update! I still have to wait til June before i get to play with mod 16. Have you posted your feat/boon selections anywhere?
  • Options

Thanks for the update! I still have to wait til June before i get to play with mod 16. Have you posted your feat/boon selections anywhere?

You're welcome, happy to help! :)

I have not posted Feat/Boons as yet, was gonna wait till level 80... So probably early/mid next week sometime. Currently at level 76 and finished the Kuo-toa area. Honestly I've been really enjoying the zones and such. I think it might be the best 'zone' area done yet, but I still need to finish before I can be certain of that!
    va8Ru.gif