test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2017

@merhunesdagon1

For comments like yours is that our feedback isn't taken seriously by the devs gg.

Topping charts as SB/HB easily? If you top charts against other classes like HR, CW and GWF then they must be doing something really wrong, oh and TR and GF beat SW in single target damage.

I get that you're trying to help here but man, your comments hurt the class more than they help, you make it sound as if the current state of SW is acceptable, it isn't, we got overnerfed and suffer from many issues that limit perfomance and anyone playing the class long know enough what those things are. SW can do good dps, yes, but it is lacking compared to that of other classes, all SW does other classes do it significantly better.

Its not like the class is perfect, no class in the game is perfect, I get that much. Your feedback isn't taken seriously by the devs well, because lets be honest here. theyve had years to improve on these things. Its not my fault or anyones fault they dont pay attention to these problems. Anything wrong with the game they should know without us telling them thousands of times. After all, they are the devs.

I suppose SWs like natsu or fernu must always run with ppl that dont know what theyre doing because they seem to be doing just fine with the class. With that said, you make it sound as if the class can't do anything and honestly im not waiting around forever for the devs to fix what shouldve been fixed ages ago. im going to play the class i like the most. Everyone doesnt have to be super duper dps or king of trash mob to enjoy the game. And honestly I watched these forums and ppl complained for years about these same issues. If the devs arent paying attention and dont wanna fix anything then they just wont do it its simple as that. the game needs more dungeons and raids more than anything else. Maybe that will help more than ppl complaining about this bugged power or this ability not WAI.
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @merhunesdagon1

You clearly missed the point of my previous posts, contradicted yourself and once again writing that type of posts that make devs see our feedback as toilet paper. Let's leave it at that.
  • Options
    terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Jaime is right: We're Bottom Tier atm...sadly... we can improve a lot of things in our build but we have to spend much more time, grind and money to compete "a little bit" with the other classes. Yes...we can top charts... if the other one is doing something wrong...thats it.

But beside that, a good build SB loadout hits hard... but it's very expensive (enchantment, gear and so on...).

We need a buff... I don't wanna be a support class...
  • Options
    jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    we aren't really under powered. Its that we have no burst like GWF or CW
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited August 2017

Single curse affected target = 100% dmg
    Single non curse affected target = 80% dmg <

curse = up to 3 targets..
    For single target - 20% dmg increase
    for two targets - 10% dmg increase
    For three targets - ~7% dmg increase(6.666%)

Furry tree at least 3 powers related toward curse afffected targets, which mean increased dmg toward curse affected ones.
    And 0 dmg increase toward non curse affected targets...

Creeping death = DoT, means you need time period till this powers dmg start to shine. In fast killings its nonsense.

In AoE, without TC = Sw, in bad situation over all.

Some powers total useless in desing, - dmg, effect wise>>> Curse bite<

Should I keep pointing reasons why players giving up on SW? Sure it deal nice dmg but only due Owlbear cub + PoP interaction .without this companion Sw can't compete to any striker.

Update: Today found/notice changes toward SW and dread enchantment. Yet can't find/trace any notification from devs/statff..

In past I used Greater dread + No Pity, No Mercy class feature + offhand feat, which lead to 9% DR reduction effect..

now changes.

Greater dread
    In past it worked:
    Greater: Your Encounter powers strike with an additional 60% Critical Severity. Additionally you damage your foe for 20% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage every 1 second for 4 seconds and induce terror in your foe, reducing their defense by 30%.

Current:

So from 4% damage resist reduction, become that enemy receive 4% more dmg. Over all my performance reduced.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    And todays found offhand feat changes
    No Pity, No Mercy now also lowers the target's Damage Resistance by 5% for the duration of its effect.

Current :

Anyone heard about these changes or etc??? Or it's yet another devs bad habit to nerf warlocks.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options

NW is mostly about burst damage mate (for both pve and pvp), that's why other classes perform better and then again our less "DOT-ish" powers. the hardest hitting ones, are not a match for those of other classes, we can deal respectable dps but we can't get to the top tier levels most classes do either overall or specifically single target/aoe.

Creeping Death simply doesn't have enough time to do any meaningful damage in most situations when you're at endgame, things simply die way too fast for our long lasting dots to enable us to do comparable damage to that of other classes, our max damage potential ins't that great, put awfully long cooldowns and casting times into the mix and there you have it sir, current state of SW. Oh and I second spammy regarding TC, our aoe is very lacking without it while other classes own without depending on daylies too much.

I strongly believe Creeping Death should be changed to either a much much shorter dot (max 1.5 - 2 secs long) with far more poweful ticks or just work similarly to the wheel, proccing an extra hit of whatever procced it but, as we are mostly about dot damage, it would have to proc the extra hit based on the DoT total damage and on the first tick (so if a Hellish Rebuke would deal 100k for total damage, CD would proc an extra hit for 60k right after the first tick) that would be a good step towards a better state for the class, heck, if that extra hit would work with a higher percentage (that would substantially improve our dps) + we got a significant base damage for all powers, it would make sense to leave us with actual long cooldowns and casting times so we don't become overpowered. Seriously, how could devs give us the current Creeping Death? It is simply out of context for NW's mechanics which are burst friendly.

I don't about know you guys but I think SW should be the most powerful (ranged) singe target damage dealer and only TR and GWF should beat us at that, every other class should gg.

Hellish Rebuke needs to stack and have less but more powerful ticks, it's one of our main sources of damage so it shouldn't be gimped the way it is now.

Killing Flames needs its silly damage penalty taken away, no other class has it + their powers deal more damage (disintegrate and IBS are good examples), much like the other classes, both damage values of KF should be quite similar, like 43897 - 45369, with its current state is (taking previous values a point of reference) 15897 - 45369... how KF has been left like that for so long is beyond a joke and totally unacceptable.

Something else that comes to my mind is

Minor class mechanics:

Hellbringer:

Your aoe powers deal x% (30%?) more damage.

As for Pillar of Power, devs should increase the amount of damage both teammates and us get from it, with those 2 tweaks they would further differenciate the roles of both paragons with HB being aoe-focused striker with some buffing and SB single target-focused damage dealer.

Soulbinder:

Your single target powers deal x% (50%? higher percentage here as SB fury has no party utility, even less than GWF so needs a greater boost from class mechanics than HB would) more damage.
  • Options
    toflux78#6783 toflux78 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Hey guys, come back after some months (stop playing during mod 10.5).
    I know that one of the meta now is templock and maybe hb fury.
    I'm a solo player in this moment, could you please help me with a couple of link for 2 loadout? (As I said before templock and hb Fury, if I understand the meta correctly)
    My il was ~3300... Now with new numbers... I do not know... :)
    Ty in advance!
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Hey guys, come back after some months (stop playing during mod 10.5).

I know that one of the meta now is templock and maybe hb fury.

I'm a solo player in this moment, could you please help me with a couple of link for 2 loadout? (As I said before templock and hb Fury, if I understand the meta correctly)

My il was ~3300... Now with new numbers... I do not know... :)

Ty in advance!

Sorry to disappoint you, But neither Templock, neither Furry, and neither Damnation are meta in current mod.

My main loadout is temptation HB, < and my advice would be>>> Don't Bother<.

If u want build warlock , pick Furry, but also don't think u will put any competition to any other class. Probably DC will beat u in term of dps anyways.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

SW is totally overnerfed now and it doesn't look like its going to get any better soon.

Took my HB Fury into Chult over the weekend. 12K, vorpal, 75% arm pen, 53% crit . . . . yeah, what @etelgrin said is true. Overnerfed is a great description. :(

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    xenon#8480 xenon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Getting beat by TRs? You DON'T know how to play your SW then, I'm 100% sure of that.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

Getting beat by TRs? You DON'T know how to play your SW then, I'm 100% sure of that.

i dont know about the average dudes i can just tell u that the best TR i know is outdpsing the best SW i know (well not that many good endgame SWs left who still play).
  • Options
    tom#6998 said:

i dont know about the average dudes i can just tell u that the best TR i know is outdpsing the best SW i know (well not that many good endgame SWs left who still play).
    Tr's are out dpsing us now. The only time we get good damage is when we have TT, Use wheel, use mount power and have a bunch of enemies with high ish hitpoints.
  • Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Well everyones gonna be nerfed with the new changes....
  • Options
    ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Anyone else find they die or all the enemies die before even being able to cast a full rotation, regardless of the rotation? For example, PoP, 3x Hellish Rebuke, Fiery Bolt, Killing Flames... and god forbid you try to cast TT at any point.

Honestly my one request before doing anything else for Warlocks is to reduce cast times. That needs to be addressed first before any other adjustments are considered. The extended cast times not only increase our vulnerability but also decrease our dps. Even with heavy investment in recovery and ways of reducing cooldowns (trans neg, trans lightning, etc) it is null due to the fact that end game play is about burst damage. That goes for mobs and most bosses. Everything is dead before I finish rotations on trash mobs and I end up going down before finishing a rotation on bosses because of getting one shot while casting. Of course this depends on group composition but nonetheless it is often enough that it's frustrating.

I don't mind being squishy in exchange for dps, but if running with other dps it's annoying to have the additional penalty of being a slow caster. Even with shadow slip to rush to the target. Idk. I don't usually vent on the forums, but it seems a more appropriate time than ever to bring this up as warlocks slip again in dps... and just for a little background regarding my perspective, I am just about BiS and in a maxed out guild.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Absolutely agree, casting times are super slow and improving it would both create a smoother playstyle and increase our dps. I would actually be happy with a big cast time reduction with slightly damage output decrease for an overall slightly increased dps. Gates of Hell is still. . . You know. . . Slow xD
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    ftryda said:

Anyone else find they die or all the enemies die before even being able to cast a full rotation, regardless of the rotation? For example, PoP, 3x Hellish Rebuke, Fiery Bolt, Killing Flames... and god forbid you try to cast TT at any point.

Honestly my one request before doing anything else for Warlocks is to reduce cast times. That needs to be addressed first before any other adjustments are considered. The extended cast times not only increase our vulnerability but also decrease our dps. Even with heavy investment in recovery and ways of reducing cooldowns (trans neg, trans lightning, etc) it is null due to the fact that end game play is about burst damage. That goes for mobs and most bosses. Everything is dead before I finish rotations on trash mobs and I end up going down before finishing a rotation on bosses because of getting one shot while casting. Of course this depends on group composition but nonetheless it is often enough that it's frustrating.

I don't mind being squishy in exchange for dps, but if running with other dps it's annoying to have the additional penalty of being a slow caster. Even with shadow slip to rush to the target. Idk. I don't usually vent on the forums, but it seems a more appropriate time than ever to bring this up as warlocks slip again in dps... and just for a little background regarding my perspective, I am just about BiS and in a maxed out guild.

I agree about the cast times But Invest in gladiators guile, get into combat before anyone else. Use artifact + mount combat + TT (on high HP mob) Then run in and PoP You'll be top Dps most of the time.
    If you die Grab a Soulforge or Invest in some more defense.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    ftryda said:

Anyone else find they die or all the enemies die before even being able to cast a full rotation,
    regardless of the rotation? For example, PoP, 3x Hellish Rebuke, Fiery Bolt, Killing Flames... and god forbid you try to cast TT at any point.

If you spend some points into defensive stats, feats and boons and farm a Psions Shroud you will not have any issues with squishyness at all, you can tank Orcus (no issue these days) you survive KoS and the elitemobs with some skills etc., it´s all about gear and setup imo.
    CAsting time is not my biggest problem.
    For minor trashmobs I run Arms of Hadar+Firy bolt+Accursed souls (pretty fast burst in a huge aoe) and hold against other classes.
    Or elite mobs I go TT+PoP+WB/AoH, if my timing is good I can hold against other dps. Depends on your teammates. A top GWF, CW, Hunter will beat my HB-warlock all day, every time.
    The only thing that concerns me ist the fact that Hellbringer relies on a broken interaction with one encounter and one companion to some degree.
    If this get´s fixed some day, warlock will be the most avoided class in NWO... it is allready pretty unpopular tbh.
    Soulbinder is allready worse in terms of groupcompatibility compared to HB. No chance to stand against most supporter with "megatonbuffs" multiplied x 2.85 by a companion, or simply buffing the "overall-dps" for a fluffy 40%.
    NWO`s superlative only works for some classes :)
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    @schietindebux they nerfed owlbear + pillar already, I think it was yesterday or the day before, it will be more or less a 10% damage loss :/
  • Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    > @jaime4312#3760 said:
    > @schietindebux they nerfed owlbear + pillar already, I think it was yesterday or the day before, it will be more or less a 10% damage loss :/

They did? Is it in the patch notes? Or ninja nerf/fix
  • Options
    Itw as apart of the bunch of HAMSTER they done without explaining it to anyone. "Patchnotes Tbc"
  • Options

> @jaime4312#3760 said:

> @schietindebux they nerfed owlbear + pillar already, I think it was yesterday or the day before, it will be more or less a 10% damage loss :/

They did? Is it in the patch notes? Or ninja nerf/fix

It is on preview, it was reported by someone. I don't think there are any patch notes about so it most likely is a ninja nerf.

The change seems to affect power-OBC templock builds severely and for high crit fury ones should be a 10% or so damage loss.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234195/scourge-warlocks-dps-reduced-50-on-preview/p1
  • Options
    xenon#8480 xenon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The wheel has never been good for SWs. As I said, if you are getting outdpsed by TRs, you are probably average at playing the SW, using a bad build/gear/rotation or you are running lower tier dungeons where everything dies just by looking at it and that would be more of a speed issue. I have never had an issue with DPS stacked against a rogue and I pug often as well.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    One thing I noticed in the Preview Patch Notes was a Dev saying that he found the issue preventing Pillar of Power from being able to Crit...

If that's the case, and it will now be possible to Crit on its ticks then that is more then a fair trade for the OBC change!

Not sa Ying it solves everything, but it'd a welcome fix IMO. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options

One thing I noticed in the Preview Patch Notes was a Dev saying that he found the issue preventing Pillar of Power from being able to Crit...

If that's the case, and it will now be possible to Crit on its ticks then that is more then a fair trade for the OBC change!

Not sa Ying it solves everything, but it'd a welcome fix IMO. :)

Even though PoP should have always have had the ability to crit, the issue with making it able to do is that, if the developers leave its damage unchanged, even at 100% crit and very high crit severity, it won't not a match for PoP with 0% + Infantile Compensation procs so it will actually be a dps nerf. PoP needs a substantial damage increase so its damage is worth something, that or getting the personal and group damage buff from it boosted by quite a bit.
  • Options
    originalkrendororiginalkrendor Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Is there a point to using bonding in the Owlbear cub?